Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for saying “gently caress no” when my flatmates asked my FWB to pay a weekly rent to come see me?

So, I’m honestly at a loss with this one and just really need to see if I’m crazy or not. I’ve recently started seeing someone casually for the last two months or so, it’s going really well and will hopefully lead to something more serious. While I’m still figuring out what I want with this relationship, I’m getting pressure from my flatmates to ‘have the talk’ and ‘establish what we are’ simply so they can charge him a weekly rent.

He comes over after 8pm and will either leave when I go to work or have a sleep in and leave later, this probably happens 4 times a week, if that. He’s had 3 showers over the two months, 2 of which were with me. We either get takeout or I’ve eaten and he’s eaten so I’ve only cooked us dinner once or twice in this time span too. So in essence he literally comes and sleeps with me for the night then leaves in the morning, few things in-between. Now keeping this information in mind, would you ask me to get a ‘weekly or monthly’ rent off of him? This is literally what my flatmates are expecting, him to pay $20 a week to stay with me. They are justifying it by saying “If you leave in the morning and come back in the evening you are living there”. I find this extremely embarrassing and humiliating behaviour and instantly said there is no ways in hell I am going to ask the guy I’m seeing to pay a loving weekly rent to come and see me.

Is this normal behaviour? Am I completely delusional for standing my ground on this matter and pretty much saying I’d rather move out than ask him to pay? Reddit, Am I the Arsehole for saying No to this request which has now caused a huge fight within my home?

Few other things to note – there are three of us living together, I’m single the other two are a couple. I pay more than 1/3 of the rent too, over $20 more a week to be exact and I never miss any bills or rent payments. I’m extremely clean and always bring a good energy into the house because confrontation is my biggest fear so I avoid it like the plague by being an angel and keeping the peace.

TD;LR My flatmates want my fwb to pay a weekly rent because he leaves in the morning and comes back in the evening 4 times a week, so this means he’s living with us now apparently. I’ve flat-out refused to do such an embarrassing thing and now there is a lot of animosity in the house because of it.

EDIT: I clearly need to add info about the lease agreement, our names and signatures are all on the agreement, they do not own the flat we simply rent it off a landlord. There is no clause about guests, its at our discretion.

EDIT 2: I shouldn't have put 4 nights a week, because that is an exaggeration and each week it is different - I'll stay at his or we'll go away but more often than not it is at least 3 nights at mine.

Holy heck Reddit, never did I think I was the rear end in a top hat in this situation. I thought it was normal to have the person you're seeing stay over, but clearly 4 times a week is too much. I haven't taken my flatmates feelings into consideration you're all right, I just assumed it was about money for them rather than invasion of space by a stranger. I am the rear end in a top hat, thank you all for contributing your opinions I'll be sure to take them on board and have a mature chat with the roommates and sort some sort of arrangement that works for all involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Clark Nova posted:

Uh, what was the velvet-lined, baby-sized coffin box intended to be used for?

5 month fetus would be under a foot long and weigh about a pound. This box isn't necessarily baby sized.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I bet the baby would look real good wearing some of the aunt's jewelry too.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

sorry, i am already keeping a baby in this coffin

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for saying “gently caress no” when my flatmates asked my FWB to pay a weekly rent to come see me?

Holy heck Reddit, never did I think I was the rear end in a top hat in this situation. I thought it was normal to have the person you're seeing stay over, but clearly 4 times a week is too much. I haven't taken my flatmates feelings into consideration you're all right, I just assumed it was about money for them rather than invasion of space by a stranger. I am the rear end in a top hat, thank you all for contributing your opinions I'll be sure to take them on board and have a mature chat with the roommates and sort some sort of arrangement that works for all involved.

Oh Reddit can straight gently caress off.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA [NSFW] For not letting my Brother and SIL use my wooden box as a coffin?

He eyes me when in crisis when they are weak
I've been stalked and pried for a babe-shaped box for weeks
I've been drawn into your magnet tar pit trap
I wish I would delete your number when you turn back

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

He should tell them that the box was for an antique massager the village doctor used to use to treat his great great grandmother's female hysterics

e: the box was for a 19th-century cocaine enema kit

Clark Nova fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 16, 2019

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Help my roommates accidentally reinvented pimping.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I bought my wife a face shaver?

She has no known health issues and doesn't take any medication that would cause it but she's got a rather hairy face and seems to be in total denial of it. She claims it's "peach fuzz" and everyone has it but there's less hair on her arms. It's not just peach fuzz. It's closer to if my hair was blonde and I didn't shave for three days.

If it was just an aesthetic issue I wouldn't mind but there's two issues that are making me need to take action. She loves makeup however she can't find a foundation that isn't "weak and flaky" she's constantly trying new brands, sometimes they cost close to 30.00 only for her to say it doesn't work and toss it out as the hair is the real issue. I do drag and cosplay. I know it's not the makeup. She's even called Morphe (Jeffree Star cosmetics specifically) and Fenty foundation "total garbage"

It's also super scratchy and uncomfortable to touch. I've tried making subtle-ish comments akin to "drat I hate having to shave this close before I can get to the fun part (the makeup) last time I forgot and it was falling off my face before I got home" she didn't take the hint and simply suggested I try wax. I also came across one of those infomercials with a eyebrow/face trimmer and left it on the channel instead of turning off the TV as intended... I got a lecture for leaving the TV on and that was the end of that. Most recently I outright explained that makeup doesn't stick to "peach fuzz" that well and she said I was lying, it's just the "cheap poo poo" that other people don't have that issue.

I'm tired of her constantly spending money, and complaining about something that can be easily fixed but she refuses to accept there's a problem. WIBTA if I bought one of those trimmers and tossed it in as a Christmas gift in hopes she'd try it and figure this out herself? It's literally the only thing I can think of aside from the obvious rear end in a top hat move of telling her to either stop wearing makeup or to not buy more until her old bottle is empty or expires?

Edit : I'm the one who buys the makeup and it's getting close to 60.00 per month.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

60 bucks of makeup a month seems real low I say, as Kathleen Lights high fives me in front of my full collection of Kylie Cosmetics

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Admiral Ray posted:

He eyes me when in crisis when they are weak
I've been stalked and pried for a babe-shaped box for weeks
I've been drawn into your magnet tar pit trap
I wish I would delete your number when you turn back

:perfect:

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

QuarkJets posted:

Powerful post/username combo right there

I agree, the issue for me is really the lying, not the outlet. And the obvious incompatibility.

Yeah, that was always the final nail in the coffin in my relationships, is when I would start becoming a liar just so I didn't have to deal with setting certain boundaries or dealing with issues

Also I might just be projecting my experience again, but I feel like another big issue he's overlooking is he's probably feeling a lot of resentment because it seems like she's constantly trying to make him take the lead on everything, and being passive.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Slowpoke Rodriguez posted:

You've never heard of anyone with non-neurotypical brain chemistry?

Legit don't understand the connection. I raised a child who isn't neurotypical and he knows my birthdate, and his bio mom's, so :shrug:

If someone doesn't think this is info worth knowing that's fine, their business. But I'm still allowed to be over here thinking it's weird as hell to not know how old your mom is.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Beachcomber posted:

He shouldn't be lying, but I understand needing to constantly be stimulated to silence the screaming anxiety from within.

Obligatory armchair ahdh diagnosis.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

That other goon said that they knew their parents' graduation dates and that just blows my mind. It's just... Why? Are they celebrating their high school graduation years later?

Yes, it's called a high school reunion. Mom also used her graduation year for usernames and stuff, and knowing Dad is three years older, it's pretty easy to remember his. I also looked through both of their yearbooks as a kid to see the funny late '60s hairstyles.

So many people are saying "Well, I never need to know what year my dad was born when I fill in forms!" but the practicality of that knowledge really isn't the point. It's the weirdness of not having the most basic knowledge about your closest relatives.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for giving a habitually late employee a Lyft gift card as a secret Santa gift?

I'm a manager at a local tex mex restaurant. This year we have decided to do secret Santa. I just so happened to get (let's call him Marty) as the person I have to get a gift for.

Marty is an overall "okay" employee. A shift manager as well. Not stellar but not subpar either. The thing about Marty is, Marty is always late. He no longer calls the store to warn us, he used to...but not anymore. I used to give him warnings and even wrote him up several times but it did nothing.

He has been an employee for several years here, before I was hired, and his tardiness was always a problem. I had no say in his promotion to manager but just quietly hoped the promotion would make Marty get to work on time, seeing as the opening manager would have to be relieved by him and if he was late it would effect someone else's schedule.

It hasn't. Marty will even call 5 minutes before he is scheduled to manage and claim he needs a ride if he is to manage that night. ...in doing so he almost guarntees he will get a ride because no one wants to pull a last minute double. ...and worse case scenario if he can't get a ride he gets his night off.

Its an ongoing problem and if it was up to me he wpuld be demoted then fired if that didn't correct his behavior. However, the GM refuses to do anything...do Marty stays.

We did the name pull 2 weeks ago. And at first I was going to buy Marty the new Star Wars game...but his tardniess has been worse and got to the point where he is affecting my day by me having to stay later to wait his arrival. I'm fed up and when I try to talk to him about it he brushes it off as not a big deal.

So I've done some thinking and am going to purchase Marty a Lyft gift card instead of the video game. That way, he has no excuses for at least 3 shifts. That, and he may realize its his ongoing tardiness and disrespect of the time of others that caused him to get such a gift.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for gifting him a Lyft card instead of an awesome video game?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

Yes, it's called a high school reunion. Mom also used her graduation year for usernames and stuff, and knowing Dad is three years older, it's pretty easy to remember his. I also looked through both of their yearbooks as a kid to see the funny late '60s hairstyles.

So many people are saying "Well, I never need to know what year my dad was born when I fill in forms!" but the practicality of that knowledge really isn't the point. It's the weirdness of not having the most basic knowledge about your closest relatives.

When everyone else is telling you that they don't know their parents' high school graduation date, it is not them who are the weird ones

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
Thanks, I'll work on knowing less about my parents in the future.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for giving a habitually late employee a Lyft gift card as a secret Santa gift?
Yes. Give the lazy gently caress an alarm clock and a kick in the balls.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
10 years ago my old boss gave me an alarm clock for my birthday as a joke cause I was late a lot. I didn’t think he was an rear end in a top hat, but I still made sure to hide it in the ceiling in his office then set an alarm for the middle of the day as retribution.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
Having trouble finding the post in this thread, but this was from a month or two ago:

quote:

AITA for leaving my used tampons in the shared bathroom trash bin?

So my boyfriend and I own our own home and his best friend lives with us due to some personal issues with work and money so he doesn’t pay any rent or contribute money wise unless he buys a pack of sponges or some soap here and there. It’s totally not an issue, we have a large 3 bedroom for just the 2 of us. There’s a main bathroom and a master bathroom in our room. Friend stays in the room down the hall.

All is well until he starts complaining to be about leaving my used tampons in the trash basket in the main bathroom. Mind you, I wrap them up in toilet paper and then tie them off in a tiny plastic bag first before I chuck them. They don’t really look like used tampons unless you went digging but I guess one bleed through the TP (still in the plastic sealed bag though) and he figured out what it was. He started complaining saying that it’s disgusting and unsanitary and that I have my own bathroom in my room I can leave them in. It’s true, but I really don’t use that bathroom unless I’m getting ready or at night. The main bathroom is larger and next to the living room. My rooms bathroom also doesn’t have a shower and I obviously take out a tampon before showering. I guess I can walk to my rooms bathroom but I just don’t bother and I guess thats where I feel like I’m being an rear end in a top hat. It’s not like there’s a smell or anything though and I change the trash every couple of days.

My boyfriend has been taking his side lately and said it’s not worth the trouble and I should just use our private bin but I feel like I shouldn’t have to do more work for someone who is a guest

Well, a happy ending was recently posted over in r/TwoX:

quote:

My ex wanted to throw away our relationship over my period. Yesterday I signed and bought his half of our house.

Edit- I’ve been getting a lot of messages saying that I threw my relationship away too quickly over this. If you feel that way, then you are welcomed to your opinion. Some things aren’t fixable to me and there’s no going back. To some it’s cheating or abuse. While there was no physical abuse my boyfriend watched me be verbally abused. I gave him a choice and he took it. I will not explain this again through pms.

For those saying that I cleaned him out and was unfair during the split process- you only know a small part of my story guys. I spent a lot more money towards this house and I felt it was fair to keep it. I did not take it from him as some are saying. I paid for his half and paid him for a little equity. He agreed to the number. If he didn’t we would of sold the house. Also, I am not complaining about him taking our shared dishes. I was at work and when I came home 90% of my appliances and furniture was gone. My kitchen cabinets were empty, even all my baking stuff and he never baked. My couches were gone, lamps, etc. So I’m not being petty over a few items. I wouldn’t of minded him taking half of the stuff but it seems like they took items to just spite me. It was never my intention to not be fair with him or to bleed him dry.

Edit- to all the threatening messages and garbage, you’re wasting your time. I really don’t care what an internet stranger has to say about my hygiene habits. Y’all keep making me stronger 💪🏻✌🏻

I’m glad this nightmare is coming to an end. My boyfriend and I both owned our home 50/50 and his mooch best friend lived with us rent free. I made a post on AITA a while ago and explained the situation in more detail. I don’t know how to link, but it’s in my post history.

His biggest issue with me was that I would throw away my wrapped (in tissue and a plastic bag to please him) tampons in the trash in the main bathroom where our shower is. He was disgusting with this and didn’t want to compromise like I tried doing. I even got a different trash can with a tight lid. (There was never any visible blood or smell) he didn’t care. He wanted me to use my private bathroom in my room. Because things like bleeding should be kept far away from him.

I always changed a tampon before baths/showers and the main bathroom was more convenient where it’s located in the house. Why would I go through the trouble to go to my half bath in my room. It’s my house? He doesn’t pay rent. He’s a guest.

Well my boyfriend took his side. His friend got worse and worse and became verbally abusive to me while my boyfriend watched and let it happen. He even tried to get him to kick me out of my own house. Well I told him it was either me or his friend but his friend couldn’t stay with us anymore. My boyfriend picked his friend and I ended the relationship. I told him that I’m putting the house for sale or I can buy him out. He couldn’t afford the house without me so yesterday I legally bought him out and I’m done with this headache. I can now dispose of my tampons however I wish. ❤️

A happier ending would have been both dudes getting devoured by wolves, but you take what you can get

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Thanks, I'll work on knowing less about my parents in the future.
There's no need for the persecution complex. You know every little detail of your parents lives, apparently; that's fine. Other people have no need to, and see no need to do so- that's fine too.

Edit for initial unnecessary sarcasm

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

A happier ending would have been both dudes getting devoured by wolves, but you take what you can get

There was a fantastic Alan Moore Swamp Thing issue that neatly tied together men being lovely about periods and the lunar cycles for women and werewolves.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Unironically :murder: anyone who reclines on a flight

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

There was a fantastic Alan Moore Swamp Thing issue that neatly tied together men being lovely about periods and the lunar cycles for women and werewolves.

For a moment just now I conflated this with the Looney Tunes Animal Man story :newlol:

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Sunswipe posted:

Said my parents couldn't afford birthday PARTIES. But lack of reading comprehension and making poo poo up are common features of this thread, so carry on.

there is no minimum cost for a party, your family obviously completely lacks the blitz spirit. shameful anglos who don't know how to make do and mend. put a candle in a turnip and get out the fiddle for goodness sake.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Was it a bad thing or good thing?

quote:

This was only a year ago. We finally moved together, but it was hard to make ends meet, after all we practically moved two blocks from our jobs. Like three months later this new guy Joe(65) started to work at my office, and since I(24) was the one who trained him we became friends, a really friendly guy who eventually opened up to me. Apparently he had no money as he just moved for the job, so I sympathized with him and told him to stay at my place until his situation got better, that way we could also share rent.

We used to hang out a lot. Like three months later my gf(23) says she's pregnant, and it was such a shitstorm with her parents so we decide to get married (very old fashioned people). At the time Joe had moved out since he found a good place, so I got suspicious and asked my gf about it. She finally breaks down and confessees that Joe cheated on me with her one night I fell asleep early. At this point I'm about to pop a vein, but decide to play it cool and decide to go talk to him to clarify things.

We arrived at his place and I knocked the door. I tried to contain myself, but as soon as I saw him I was boiling in rage so I just punch him in the eye as hard as I can and knock him out. He immediately put two and two together so got up and tried to hit me back. He probably got a few swings but I'm in such a rage I can't feel anything or even hear my gf screaming to stop, I was focused on punching his eye that was swelling and getting black, it was looking like a giant ball of cotton. I only managed to him once after that before the neighbors intervened and separated us. He threatened to call the police if I didn't get out.

I decided to go away, still angry. I haven't seen him since that, and a month later my gf and I argued a lot about the matter. We finally decide to take a break, so I was really let down. A month ago I was talking with my brother, he finally asks why I've been so depressed. I told him that if it hadn't been for cotton-eye Joe, I'd been married a long time ago. Where did he come from? Where did you go? Where did you come from, cotton-eye Joe?

TL;DR: A friend named Joe(65) went missing and I keep thinking about him

I was tricked!

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

Telemaze posted:

If someone doesn't think this is info worth knowing that's fine, their business.

This is incredibly gross and assholish.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
That's at least the second cotton-eyed joke prank post I've seen in r/r

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's maybe the least funny joke ever, I'd expect a 6 year old to tell me that.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for naming my son a slavic name after a drunk bet on the internet?

quote:

Some years ago I was part of a group chat and we used to chat a lot. It was a time of my life that I struggled socially and the people there were the only friends I really had, even tho I have never seen them. Over the years I met some friends in real life, had a boyfriend, moved out of my parent's house and everything was going amazing.

This year I found out I was pregnant and me and my boyfriend decided to marry each other. We have planned this already. At first he didn't want to know the gender of our kid but he eventually gave up. It was a boy. My mom mentioned about naming our child after his grandpa but me and my husband really dislike his name.

Then I remembered that one night as I was chatting in the group chat while obviously being very drunk I did a bet with a user who always called me mom. We were around the same age but he always acted like a kid and described me as a very serious person/mom. The group chat later on started referring to us as mom and son. Anyway on this night we did a bet I should actually name my son in the future after him. At the time I hated the idea of me being a mom and never imagined having a kid so I made the bet on a football match. I didn't think much of it at the time but I lost the bet.

When I mentioned the slavic name that user had to my husband he immediately loved it. I was suprised as to how much he liked it and said this is exactly what he imagined. The name itself comes from greek so it's not entirely slavic. The only problem is that both me and my husband are ethnically asian and the name is not what you would imagine on an asian boy. But in the end when we named our son with the beautiful slavic/greek name.

I told my mom our decision 2 weeks before my birth and she was visibly upset but didn't say anything. After we brought the baby home for the first time we held somewhat of a family reunion. There the name came up and everyone was pretty suprised. My mom then started explaining how what I did was incredibly dumb and demanded to know where I got the idea for the name from. So I told her exactly what happened. She started complaining to me like I was a child who broke something in the house. I felt very ashamed and just couldn't take it. Everyone said that what I did was dumb and incredibly weird.

But this is my son. I am not going to just do what my mom says. I am 32 for god's sake. Both me and my husband like the name. I don't care if it sounds silly or funny. After the whole fiasco I met my mom today and she told me that she is more upset at the story than the actual name. "What would you explain to him when he asks you about his name?". I am completely exhausted and emotionally unstable after all of this. I have never cried so much in my life before over such a petty thing.

AITA?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
What's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name what's the name????????????????????

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 16, 2019

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My (26f) boyfriend (30m) has a "new" babymama (20sF) and she wants more than a co-parenting relationship

quote:

I met a guy, I only wanted fun and sex, but we accidentally fell in love, oops. Now we're together and have our own place, it's been 6 months.

A while after we first met he explained he had a kid that he didn't have a relationship with, he was young when the mom got pregnant and neither of them wanted him involved in the kids life. I wasn't impressed but since I wasn't looking for a relationship with him I decided it wasn't my place to care.

Well now she does want him involved... and not just with the kid, but with her as well. She doesn't know I exist. In fact he won't even add me on social media, I think this is to make sure she doesn't find out. She calls him drunk, to tell him she wants to date him, that apparently their 10 year old son wants them to get married and live together. I think he's scared she'll stop contact if he doesn't keep her happy. As far as I'm aware he hasn't denied my existence, but he certainly hasn't brought it up either. He hasn't given her any hope that I'm aware of, but hasn't set her straight either,

He's blown me away with how good he is with the kid, when I see them facetiming etc. The kid is clearly thrilled to have a dad in his life, and I support that 100%.

Next week it's christmas, they'll be together, drinking alcohol, with his family and the family they made together. I'll be on the other side of the country, presumably not hearing from him as he (rightfully) focuses on his kid and (wrongfully) hides my existence from the woman he doesn't want to risk upsetting.

I never would have signed up for this but here I am, not really knowing how to cope, I need advice!

TLDR; boyfriend only recently met his 10yo child, the mom wants to be in a relationship with him and doesn't know I exist, they are spending christmas together

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Jeez, a whole 6 months?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

In typical reddit fashion a single unknown slavic name is to be defended at all costs yet throw in some Danger Thompson and suddenly the parents are the assholes.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

AITA for tearing up my food instead of using a knife?
u/bigbowlboy44m
So I do what I can to cut down on creating dirty dishes where I can. One of the things I do is tear up food like chicken, steak, pancakes, whatever needs cutting to be eaten appropriately. Occasionally my girlfriend sees this and roll her eyes and offer to cut it for me using her own dirty knife, which I let her do. But if its on me I don't bother, food doesnt taste differently because of how it was cut up.

We just got done having breakfast where beforehand GF asked me to butter her toast while she ran to the bathroom. I did hers and then mine and tore both in half to add to the plates. When she saw this she suddenly got super mad and snapped at me and told me to use a knife like a grown-up. I tried explaining why I do it but she cut me off saying she knows already.

So AITA for being innovative and cutting down on creating dirty dishes? Or is she TA for hating my creative solutions?

edit for people asking, we have one of those rounded buttery spreading trowels that would have been more work to try and cut the toast with than it was worth

“””””””innovative””””””””

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

My (26f) boyfriend (30m) has a "new" babymama (20sF) and she wants more than a co-parenting relationship

Wait, zoom and enchance

quote:

babymama (20sF)

10yo child

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I love that phrasing. "Am I the rear end in a top hat for being an awesome sex god who also is a champion skeet shooter? Or is she the rear end in a top hat for being too stupid to see how sexy I am?"

Jesus. I don't give a poo poo how you break up your food, you're the rear end in a top hat just for that phrasing, buddy.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Maybe people don't want someone's possibly dirty fingers all over their goddamned food, idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Leon Einstein posted:

Maybe people don't want someone's possibly dirty fingers all over their goddamned food, idiot.

This.

Which is why when I don't have a knife I just eat as narrow a channel as I can through the middle.