Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Icon Of Sin posted:

Hes still alive, but the spirit of dalereed has moved on to a new host.

Fairly certain his tombstone reads:

That which is not dead may eternal lie
With strange aeons even death may lie down in the street and die

:allears: god that line was good. How long ago was it even? 5, 6 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

My favorite Dale Reed thing was his undying hatred of Jim Henson, who he claims to have beaten up.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

My favorite is when someone said mullet festooned rednecks and he started yelling what the gently caress is a festoon the only mullets I know are the fish I dynamited back in the 70s

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The man loved fast cars, beer, smoking, and women. Fairly certain in that order, too.

Aside from the hatred of muppets, other hates included hats (and the people that wore them, probably). Especially a hat worn indoors, iirc.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
And car radios. Have to respect a man with such very specific hatred.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

RagnarokAngel posted:

And car radios. Have to respect a man with such very specific hatred.
https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576?s=19

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Why do they even post? Every reply articulates the same sentiment. They’re never happy. Trump is in power and is killing children in concentration camps and still they wail as if the world is ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-MP_yOHiV0

More applicable to the alt-right, which despite sharing the same views Freep is highly disconnected from, but the same principle should apply.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

With muslims in particular, freepers also face the problem of that France decided to conquer a muslim country and then declare it an integral part of France, and they're now shocked and offended that some of those new frenchmen preferred to remain in France than stay in or return to the now-independent Algeria.

It's great that the nationalist strategy for hanging onto Algeria was to convince the population to want to be Frenchmen, and then when it works on some Algerians those same nationalists hate the new Frenchmen more than anything.

Although I guess it's not like your chud on the street really thinks through what it means when your country expands into new territory, and they'd say making Algerians citizens was only done out of politically-correct gutlessness and not military necessity.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

I stand by what i said

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

VitalSigns posted:

It's great that the nationalist strategy for hanging onto Algeria was to convince the population to want to be Frenchmen, and then when it works on some Algerians those same nationalists hate the new Frenchmen more than anything.

Although I guess it's not like your chud on the street really thinks through what it means when your country expands into new territory, and they'd say making Algerians citizens was only done out of politically-correct gutlessness and not military necessity.

There was also the OAS, a right-wing terrorist organization that actively fought against Algerian independence because of the nationalist party that was pushing for it.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

That's... wow. The implication there is more than a little dark.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Neito posted:

That's... wow. The implication there is more than a little dark.

There’s a lot more in that article that’ll shake whatever sliver of faith in humanity you had left. Fantastic article, hadn’t seen it before, thanks for sharing!

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Pontius Pilate posted:

There’s a lot more in that article that’ll shake whatever sliver of faith in humanity you had left. Fantastic article, hadn’t seen it before, thanks for sharing!

Yeah, it's a good article. Reinforced my happiness that I never got into the home service side of Geek Squad during my 4.5 years there. People are loving terrible

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Goddamn, that article was awful. Now I feel bad about getting mad at Comcast guys.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

The poor train collector had me feeling very :smith:

Fantastic article.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

chitoryu12 posted:

There was also the OAS, a right-wing terrorist organization that actively fought against Algerian independence because of the nationalist party that was pushing for it.

And also tried to murder President de Gaulle.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Hallmark Channel reverses decision to pull ads featuring same-sex couple

quote:

To: yesthatjallen
No longer shown in my home.

Sorry Hallmark, no sale here.

3 posted on 12/15/2019, 9:28:45 PM by ASOC (Having humility really means one is rarely humiliated)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

How in the sam hill did homosexuals get so much power and influence in our culture?

9 posted on 12/15/2019, 9:32:27 PM by Dilbert San Diego

quote:

To: BenLurkin
We never watch the cable channel even though we pay for the dang thing. But i always look for hallmark cards to give for occasions. No more. Pathetic cretins.

14 posted on 12/15/2019, 9:34:26 PM by Afterguard (Deplorable me!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Blue Highway
I don’t really give a drat what people do in their own bedroom HOWEVER I am getting really PISSED that it is constantly being shoved in my face what the hell is wrong with these people that we MUST SEE their sexual activity!!!

29 posted on 12/15/2019, 9:45:35 PM by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

quote:

Can I sue Halmark for whiplash or would I just get a gay card?

33 posted on 12/15/2019, 9:48:12 PM by proust (Justice delayed is injustice.)

quote:

To: Dilbert San Diego
It all started with the destruction of Anita Bryant.

49 posted on 12/15/2019, 10:05:18 PM by SpaceBar
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

To: dfwgator
“Once a gay gets in a position of power in an organization, they hire other gays, until one day you find they’ve taken over.”

The only demographic that doesn’t do that is white males.

50 posted on 12/15/2019, 10:05:56 PM by suthener
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 39 | View Replies]

quote:

The Kenyanesian Usurpation.
Seems many ills can be traced to Usurpation Day, January 20, 2009

55 posted on 12/15/2019, 10:09:15 PM by Lurkinanloomin (Natural Born Citizens Are Born Here of Citizen Parents_Know Islam, No Peace-No Islam, Know Peace)

quote:

The culture war is lost. If you don’t believe me watch tv. See how many times you hear the word “Christmas “. Apparently we’re having some holidays. Our local news has deployed military sending greetings to their family. Almost all of them say happy holidays. For some reason that irritates the hell out of me.

59 posted on 12/15/2019, 10:11:20 PM by suthener

quote:

To: Soul of the South
True.

Trump should ban cable bundling. Make a-la-cart the only way you can buy channels.

69 posted on 12/15/2019, 10:19:02 PM by for-q-clinton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 67 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Revel
That’s a start but the have a headquarters building and that place should be under siege 24/7 until they change back to a righteous standard. If direct confrontation does not take place there is little hope that the country can be saved.

80 posted on 12/15/2019, 10:35:02 PM by Torahman (Remember the Maccabees)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

quote:

I confess that we watch Hallmark movies because of the assumed wholesomeness of the content, but I have a real complaint:

THERE IS ALWAYS A PARENT, HUSBAND, WIFE WHO HAS “PASSED” MEANING THEY HAVE DIED, AND THROUOUT THE REST OF THE MOVIE THERE IS A PALL HANGING OVER IT. THIS THEME IS IN EVERY, EVERY MOVIE.

Now, this tells me that Hallmark doesn’t give a chit about whether you have a Merry Christmas or not, because they will keep reminding you that “YOU ARE GOING TO DIE” and this is what leaving family behind looks like.

I am almost happy about the LBGTXyz controversy, because the family didn’t want to stop watching because of my objection...BUT NOW...NOW, I THINK I CAN CONVINCE THEM TO GIVE UP THE HALLMARK SHAM OF SUPPOSEDLY GOOD FEELING MOVIES.

Sorry for the rant, but I have been waiting a long time to suggest that we leave Hallmark, with its dreary, dismal representation of “Merry Christmas.”

92 posted on 12/15/2019, 10:48:26 PM by Maris Crane

quote:

Oh big surprise.

Since Hallmark has a whole section for fag lust in the card stores.

Always worried about “hurt” on the fag side (3%); NEVER on the normal side (97%).

Lots like Chick-Fil-A, but OTOH Hallmark has been pulling this for a long time.

94 posted on 12/15/2019, 10:49:50 PM by the OlLine Rebel (Common sense is an uncommon virtue./Federal-run medical care is as good as state-run DMVs)

quote:

It’s not gays and lesbian who have all the power. It’s Marxist revolutionaries who use gays and lesbians as a means by which to promote bi-sexuality to Future Generations of children.

Conservatives who think gay rights is all about gays and lesbians are just as naive as liberals who think it’s all about gays and lesbians.

Lesbians are against transgenderism, and for this they’re being denounced as haters by the same left-wingers who were promoting gays and lesbians for decades. This proves that the left doesn’t give a drat about gays and lesbians, just used them to advance a larger agenda.

97 posted on 12/15/2019, 11:02:28 PM by The Fop (God Bless Donald Trump, Frank Sinatra, Joan Rivers, and the Fightin' Rat Pack Wing of the GOP)

quote:

How in the sam hill did homosexuals get so much power and influence in our culture?
I have no interest in what anyone does in their own personal lives, but homosexuality is now a potent, disruptive and highly organized political force. As such, they are fair game for whatever happens in the future.

107 posted on 12/15/2019, 11:42:46 PM by PGR88

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

quote:

To: dfwgator
“Once a gay gets in a position of power in an organization, they hire other gays, until one day you find they’ve taken over.”

The only demographic that doesn’t do that is white males.

50 posted on 12/15/2019, 10:05:56 PM by suthener
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 39 | View Replies]

WHEW.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
That one is just :discourse:

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
I am surprised that these people just keep on going. But as you've listed it, it's an addiction.

For those who had been around for the Obama win in '08, remember hillaryis44.com? Welp, they're still around. Still loco. Still got cumfiesta posting up a storm.

I am also interested to see offshoots of left wing sites also are prone to going completely conspiracy theory nuts. A fair few pro-Bernie sites went mental and are now regurgitating conspiracy theories at a steady rate. I have no idea whether they are genuine people gone bonkers, or merely ratfuckers shitposting. Regardless, it seems it can happen to anyone. Unlike Freep and the like though, they don't advocate for nearly as much murder, ethnic cleansing or genocide.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

The Dark Project posted:

For those who had been around for the Obama win in '08, remember hillaryis44.com? Welp, they're still around. Still loco. Still got cumfiesta posting up a storm.

They went straight up Trumpenstaffel in 2016. Not really surprising, but PUMAs were way more prevalent than the mystical Obama-Trump voter or the Bernie Bros that voted Stein combined.

Yeah I was gonna quote that one too. White guys definitely don't hire white guys. That's why our boardrooms are overrun with swarthy lesbians.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

It’s not gays and lesbian who have all the power. It’s Marxist revolutionaries

I mean bonkers idea in general (well that it's happening now, not that it shouldn't be the case) but they're still talking about the drat Hallmark channel here right?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
They're all lying about their boycotts. They lie about it every single time. It's all just signaling.

And as always :umberto:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Hallmark, more like HailMarx amirite???

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Ambitious Spider posted:

I mean bonkers idea in general (well that it's happening now, not that it shouldn't be the case) but they're still talking about the drat Hallmark channel here right?

They're still reeling over the "loss" of Chick-Fil-A. Yesterday gave them a faint glimmer of hope that they had found another Strong Conservative Company to rally behind, but that got yanked away real quick this time, so they're getting apocalyptic with it.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Yeah I was gonna quote that one too. White guys definitely don't hire white guys. That's why our boardrooms are overrun with swarthy lesbians.

I love when a post is just so stupid that it manages to stand out even amongst Freep standards. Just ha ha ha even in a wall of poo poo, you made me roll my eyes.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

God drat. I need a smoke.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

They're still reeling over the "loss" of Chick-Fil-A. Yesterday gave them a faint glimmer of hope that they had found another Strong Conservative Company to rally behind, but that got yanked away real quick this time, so they're getting apocalyptic with it.

Except CFA lied. Again.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Except CFA lied. Again.

That doesn't matter, just the fact that CFA is even trying to get gay people's money no matter how disingenuously instead of telling them they're going to hell sets bible-thumpers off into uncontrollable rage.

They don't care about whether those antigay groups still get money or not, they want LGBT people to be publicly attacked

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Dale Reed chat reminded me that there are (were, more like) freepers posting who were born in the 19 goddam 20s. http://www.freerepublic.com/memorial/memorial.htm

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

2ndDivisionVet died? Wow he was one of their most prolific posters.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nobody has seen a SavageSusie screed in a while either, I don’t think. Not that anyone there ever really responded to her long rants about Natural Law, I just think that’s the one place she found that didn’t ban her for them.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Given how old the freep userbase is, a ton of them have to have died. Aside from dalereed and 2ndDivisionVet, any other notables? I'm surprised JimRob has hung in there as long as he has.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Dale Reed chat reminded me that there are (were, more like) freepers posting who were born in the 19 goddam 20s. http://www.freerepublic.com/memorial/memorial.htm

That's probably the only section of the site that is still experiencing growth.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
I have to wonder what kind of life it is to be angry and resentful all the time, eventually gasping your last while cursing everyone else around you. I really don't think there is pretty much anything outside a completely white ethnostate for the US which would make these guys happy, free of liberals and hippies. But even then, I just know something would rankle them. Probably the fact that the rest of the world also wasn't this way I guess.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Zwabu posted:

Given how old the freep userbase is, a ton of them have to have died. Aside from dalereed and 2ndDivisionVet, any other notables? I'm surprised JimRob has hung in there as long as he has.

JimRob's body was like falling apart years ago. I'm amazed he's still alive. At least I figure he is, I figure I'd see it in this thread if he croaked.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

The Dark Project posted:

I have to wonder what kind of life it is to be angry and resentful all the time, eventually gasping your last while cursing everyone else around you. I really don't think there is pretty much anything outside a completely white ethnostate for the US which would make these guys happy, free of liberals and hippies. But even then, I just know something would rankle them. Probably the fact that the rest of the world also wasn't this way I guess.

That's the thing about fascism. It can only build on itself when it has someone to otherize and oppress. Without a 'untermensch' to blame everything on, they will turn on each other. Suddenly what was considered 'Good' will change to favor a narrower and narrower field of people, and whomever doesn't make the cut becomes the new whipping boy.

It's why fascism is always destined to fail, but in the process of failing a lot of people end up dead. :smith:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

How are u posted:

JimRob's body was like falling apart years ago. I'm amazed he's still alive. At least I figure he is, I figure I'd see it in this thread if he croaked.

Yeah, same. I kinda figured the residual crowd would make a big deal of his death, but then again as I recall his son was in on the grift about how much they claimed it cost to keep the servers running each month, so he might not say anything to keep them freepbucks flowing.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Yeah, same. I kinda figured the residual crowd would make a big deal of his death, but then again as I recall his son was in on the grift about how much they claimed it cost to keep the servers running each month, so he might not say anything to keep them freepbucks flowing.

I can absolutely believe that JimRob died years ago and his son was Weekend At Bernie-ing his online presence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

How are u posted:

He isn't reliant on GoFundMe, he got lots of people to set up monthly cash transfers to him. The best healthcare the other FReepers can't afford.

Seriously, the dude has been coasting for 20 years now off this site, he basically hit the lottery, at the cost of paying his son many thousands a month to drive out to the data center a few times a year. He doesn't even bother reinvesting in the site, I'd be totally unsurprised to find out they're running on a version of Windows so old that none of the malware out there these days can do anything to it.