Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I hated Doug. It was the start of that awful kids-dealing-with-real-life poo poo period of cartoons, instead of the wacky zany good cartoons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Cyril Sneer posted:

I hated Doug. It was the start of that awful kids-dealing-with-real-life poo poo period of cartoons, instead of the wacky zany good cartoons.

Sure but The Raccoons was all about environmentalism, aggressive industrialism and wanton destruction for a quick buck by an rear end in a top hat aardvark??

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wirth1000 posted:

Sure but The Raccoons was all about environmentalism, aggressive industrialism and wanton destruction for a quick buck by an rear end in a top hat aardvark??

That theme song covers any and all flaws.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Cyril Sneer posted:

But also afraid to depict real life.

Roger is an awful bully, but never beats the poo poo out of Doug for his insipidness

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Doug was poo poo but Caillou is a hate crime.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Walton Simons posted:

I just rewatched The Call of the Simpsons, it was fairly meh overall but the part in Cowboy Bob's RV Round-Up is great. There was another classic joke in there ('is that a good siren?') I didn't realise turned up so early.

That entire scene is pretty good. The voice actor for the salesman really nailed it and being a lot older its amusing to listen to all the standard sales practices that Homer fell for.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I have always really liked the line, "This is an all terrain vehicle!" The delivery is just magical.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Wirth1000 posted:

Yeah but have you met the Smoggies?

And not the ones from Middlesbrough

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Scaramouche posted:

Doug was poo poo but Caillou is a hate crime.

But he's just a kid who's four!

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Nutsngum posted:

That entire scene is pretty good. The voice actor for the salesman really nailed it and being a lot older its amusing to listen to all the standard sales practices that Homer fell for.

That was none other than Albert Brooks who is one of the all-time-greatest guest stars

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Any whisper-talking shows like that or kipper should be banned. One of the few decent shows I found when my kids were super young was kai lan, it's a shame more shows didn't explicitly show kids that sometimes things are unfair or that emotions aside from happy and sad exist

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Caillou may be up there for most obnoxious voice actor in anything ever.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Was Caillou supposed to be Capital-B Bald or Charlie Brown Bald?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Tommy Pickles would beat the ever loving poo poo out of Cailou.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Tonight's episode was a Christmas one AND a Sideshow Bob one.

Sideshow Bob apparently ended his last episode as a lighthouse keeper. He gets recruited to play Santa at an amusement park.

The Simpsons decide to go to that amusement park, which Homer hates so he sucks on the end of a hose attached to the car exhaust and inflates a bunch. The family sings "Baby Shark" on the way there.

Sideshow Bob starts to murder Bart when he sees him, but then declares he's too much of a method actor to actually kill him.

Someone in the town is stealing Christmas packages. Lenny injures himself creating a dye bomb to catch the thief. He writes SB in his own blood to ID the thief, which leads to Selma getting arrested. Several celebrity SB's make cameos here (Scott Bakula and Steve Ballmer).

Sideshow Bob helps the family catch the real thieves: Smithers and Burns.

The show ends with Sideshow Bob watching live action It's A Wonderful Life and then singing a Baby It's Cold Outside parody with his lighthouse keeper girlfriend. And then it ends again with Burns getting a pep talk from Steve Ballmer.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Man that would be a terrible episode if it were real. Now to drink this glass of water while reading the real synopsis...

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

But he's just a kid who's four!

gently caress you this is never going to leave my brain now :mad:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

PostNouveau posted:

Sideshow Bob apparently ended his last episode as a lighthouse keeper. He gets recruited to play Santa at an amusement park.

The Simpsons decide to go to that amusement park, which Homer hates so he sucks on the end of a hose attached to the car exhaust and inflates a bunch. The family sings "Baby Shark" on the way there.

Sideshow Bob starts to murder Bart when he sees him, but then declares he's too much of a method actor to actually kill him.

Someone in the town is stealing Christmas packages. Lenny injures himself creating a dye bomb to catch the thief. He writes SB in his own blood to ID the thief, which leads to Selma getting arrested. Several celebrity SB's make cameos here (Scott Bakula and Steve Ballmer).

The show ends with Sideshow Bob watching live action It's A Wonderful Life and then singing a Baby It's Cold Outside parody with his lighthouse keeper girlfriend. And then it ends again with Burns getting a pep talk from Steve Ballmer.

Thanks for getting this thread back on track in the worst possible way

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The worst thing they did with Sideshow Bob was not have him stop trying to kill Bart/the Simpsons after Brother From Another Series. I know continuity was never important in the show but a handful of things stuck, and that seemed like something that should have stuck. I remember how letdown I was when, when they decided to use him again after four years, he was trying to kill Bart again. Of course this was season 12 in 2001, the show had only been sucking for a few years.

SweetMercifulCrap! fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Dec 16, 2019

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Plan Z posted:

Caillou may be up there for most obnoxious voice actor in anything ever.

I feel bad agreeing because his original voice actor was a teenage girl who died in a horrible car accident.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I guess it's been awhile since Sideshow Bob was on the show because they actually had a flashback to all his previous crimes. They did that the first few seasons and then stopped once people didn't need it any more.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PostNouveau posted:

I had no idea Baby Shark was 3 years old already

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Why do you keep doing this to yourself. I got a little sad just by reading your synopsis.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Dec 16, 2019

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

The video that was a 5-billion-view viral success was published Nov. 2015.

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Why do you keep doing this to yourself. I got little sad just by reading your synopsis.

:shrug: I also watch all the new Family Guy and Bob's Burgers.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like Doug because he's a loser with crippling anxiety so as a kid I felt "Wow this guy has his own show and he's a total loser imagine what I can do I'm much better than this guy"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PostNouveau posted:

This is the year I gave up on Bob's Burgers. Not because I dislike it, but because I can't be arsed to just tune in to Fox for 30 minutes when I could be doing other things

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Iron Crowned posted:

I first heard it as a camp song twenty loving five years ago

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
this question just popped into my head so I came in here to ask all the people who are maybe slightly a little bit too keen on posting about The Simpsons, but it's ok, I forgive you:

How is Flanders translated? Like all the hi neighbourino, indeedy doodliness and all that, how do they render that in French say?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Hammerite posted:

this question just popped into my head so I came in here to ask all the people who are maybe slightly a little bit too keen on posting about The Simpsons, but it's ok, I forgive you:

How is Flanders translated? Like all the hi neighbourino, indeedy doodliness and all that, how do they render that in French say?

All the lip flaps are just "believe it!"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Hammerite posted:

In Latin American Spanish he's using the - illo diminutive suffix and the occasional silly rhyme

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Thanks., I enjoyed learning

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
The only episode of Doug I recall ever being entertained by was the BOMB IN THE LASAGNA one.
I recall child me thinking it was absurd and dumb enough to make up for how bad and unfunny everything else was.

Curious what bad lessons the show had since the only one I can recall off hand is the one already brought up; white folks are normal, everyone else is a technicolor mutant.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

PostNouveau posted:

Speaking of recent Family guy episode, I'm not sure they've believe the synopsis for that one either

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

Speaking of recent Family guy episode, I'm not sure they've believe the synopsis for that one either

In the most recent Family Guy, Meg has to hold Stewie on Santa's lap because Santa freaks Stewie out. Santa starts tapping his knee to calm Stewie and this gives Meg her first orgasm, and she spends the rest of the episode trying to find that same Santa to repeat it. If there was a B plot, I've already forgotten it.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

PostNouveau posted:

In the most recent Family Guy, Meg has to hold Stewie on Santa's lap because Santa freaks Stewie out. Santa starts tapping his knee to calm Stewie and this gives Meg her first orgasm, and she spends the rest of the episode trying to find that same Santa to repeat it. If there was a B plot, I've already forgotten it.

That sounds like every family guy episode.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ikanreed posted:

That sounds like every family guy episode.

Yeah I thought it was pretty believable myself.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

I feel bad agreeing because his original voice actor was a teenage girl who died in a horrible car accident.

:smith: didn't know that. Feel bad now.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I always thought it was weird how in one episode Skeeter turns out to be a hyper genius? But he doesn't really seem like a hyper genius in the other episodes.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Curious what bad lessons the show had since the only one I can recall off hand is the one already brought up; white folks are normal, everyone else is a technicolor mutant.

Me saying that it had bad lessons was a little too far. As an absurdly anxious kid myself, I don’t think the show did me too many favors though. I’d find new things to be anxious over via that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/SimpsonsQOTD/status/1206883904336138240