Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
How much smaller could they be? They have to contain anti-grav, a sophisticated sensor package, a replicator... I guess the "brain" might be tiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!

The Bloop posted:

How much smaller could they be? They have to contain anti-grav, a sophisticated sensor package, a replicator... I guess the "brain" might be tiny.

It's more the industrial design of the thing. Especially with the little feet ...

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

They're just rugged, that's all. Leave them alone!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
They were also basically prototypes

I'm not arguing that they weren't a bit comical looking, because they definitely were.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Isometric Bacon posted:

Then those loving things came floating along looking like they've been assembled right out of a parts bin like every other 80s sci-fi prop. Though I suppose it worked as intended as it certainly felt weird to think of them as gaining sentience.

Exactly the point- Data looks like a person so (most) people treat him like one. But these disposable little space roombas have feelings, too.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Q dancing.

Even better, Q and Guinan dance battle.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I guess the Kirk Thatcher who narrates the latest Short Trek, Ephraim and Dot, is the same Kirk Thatcher who flipped off Admiral Kirk on the bus! :aaa:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

:neckbeard:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I guess the Kirk Thatcher who narrates the latest Short Trek, Ephraim and Dot, is the same Kirk Thatcher who flipped off Admiral Kirk on the bus! :aaa:

He's also the same Kirk Thatcher who was in charge of The Muppets for like a decade.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Anybody else see an angry goose turning its head to look behind it?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Anybody else see an angry goose turning its head to look behind it?

It's clearly a defiant falcon, not a vamoose goose

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh phew, replies! I thought my lovely art killed the thread.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Brawnfire posted:

Oh phew, replies! I thought my lovely art killed the thread.

I got worried when it fell off the front page of my bookmarks

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Thanks, I hate it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I never realised the kinda similarities. Also the Millennium Falcon has canonically cameod.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

This has made me irrationally angry.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Dax's relationship with Worf is incredibly dry and boring. Wish they'd leant into how she's a better klingon than he is, that could have been fun to explore.

Odo's relationship with the jar of baby space-goop however, was captivating and adorable.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I liked Jadzia and Worf together. Their wedding was the best Star Trek wedding.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Should've followed up Jadzia/Worf with awkward sexual tension between Ezra Dax and Worf. :colbert:

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 16, 2019

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

MikeJF posted:

Should've followed up Jadzia/Worf with awkward sexual tension between Ezra Dax and Worf. :colbert:
Uh, did you watch Season 7? It’s there.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Season 7 has not only tension but release

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Picard renewed for a season 2

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Picard renewed for a season 2
I’m a bit surprised at that, but alright

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m a bit surprised at that, but alright

Why? It's pretty common for shows to get renewed for another season before they air. Witcher just got a season two confirmed.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

marktheando posted:

Why? It's pretty common for shows to get renewed for another season before they air. Witcher just got a season two confirmed.
I thought the whole reason Patrick Stewart came back was to do this one story

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He gets Rascalled in the last episode and the second season stars the adult child actor who played him in Rascals

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

He gets Rascalled in the last episode and the second season stars the adult child actor who played him in Rascals

I would find it hilarious if a future Trek series took to Rascals like modern ones take to the Mirror Universe/Section 31, and "getting rascalled" is a commonplace occurrence.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I am still 100% down with it occurring on the enemy vessel so Picard & co are dealing with a ship of Klingon tweens

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Really needs to happen with the aliens so we find out that baby Ferengi are grubs and baby Bolians look like basketballs with eyes on them

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Pick posted:

Really needs to happen with the aliens so we find out that baby Ferengi are grubs and baby Bolians look like basketballs with eyes on them

BasketBols are the cutest :3

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Not really.

Patrick Stewart was very concerned that any new Star Trek thing would just be a rehash of TNG, the writers reassured him that it was going to do something different and so he signed on. It was more that the story convinced him, it was never that it was limited to that one story.

He was talking about season two probably happening months ago.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I don't know what season 1 is about, but for season 2 he should go to Bajor to help/hunt for Ro Laren and then Sisko can show up and yell at everyone.

Actually, that should happen in Discovery too.

In fact, go back to the JJ movies and add a scene of Sisko yelling at people for loving up the timeline.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Go back in time so Romulus isn't destroyed and the jj movies don't happen.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Talking about Discovery I hope they cast someone good as Dax (I don't know for sure Dax is in it but since they go to Trill I'd be beyond shocked if they don't bring Dax back)

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I guess it's nice that they're keeping all those people employed

speakhard
Nov 30, 2003

from mars to uranus.

FlamingLiberal posted:

From back in February:

Patrick Stewart posted:

We are set up with possibly three years of this show...

Source: http://www.treknews.net/2019/02/07/patrick-stewart-picard-series-3-seasons/

So it seems like this story involves at least 3 seasons by design.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

marktheando posted:

Talking about Discovery I hope they cast someone good as Dax (I don't know for sure Dax is in it but since they go to Trill I'd be beyond shocked if they don't bring Dax back)

Dax tries to mention DS9 happened and gets chloroformed

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

marktheando posted:

Don't you want to see if anybody actually watches the show first? What if it's terrible and everyone hates ir?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Beachcomber posted:

I don't know what season 1 is about, but for season 2 he should go to Bajor to help/hunt for Ro Laren and then Sisko can show up and yell at everyone.

Actually, that should happen in Discovery too.

In fact, go back to the JJ movies and add a scene of Sisko yelling at people for loving up the timeline.

I dunno if there's anything in the world that would get Avery Brooks to put the uniform back on :(