Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ani
Jun 15, 2001
illum non populi fasces, non purpura regum / flexit et infidos agitans discordia fratres

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Tell them to take off a Monday or something like that. A long weekend must be like crack to them
I work at a big firm so have no ability to offer this. Only thing I could do is a gift of some kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Okay here's what you do. Tell her in person how much you appreciate all the hard work and everything you did okay? Make sure to take a look at her desk and see how her things are decorated takes a notes about the things that you think she's interested in. Then I want you to go home, put on your best slacks, get some mood lighting, adjust the room ambiance maybe like some candles, and take a real classy picture of your rear end. Just your rear end, really show off the goods. Get a good angle, make sure there's a little hump to it. A great great great picture of your rear end. Now, here's where it gets interesting

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

blarzgh posted:

Okay here's what you do. Tell her in person how much you appreciate all the hard work and everything you did okay? Make sure to take a look at her desk and see how her things are decorated takes a notes about the things that you think she's interested in. Then I want you to go home, put on your best slacks, get some mood lighting, adjust the room ambiance maybe like some candles, and take a real classy picture of your rear end. Just your rear end, really show off the goods. Get a good angle, make sure there's a little hump to it. A great great great picture of your rear end. Now, here's where it gets interesting

:allears:

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

blarzgh posted:

you ask her if she's seen Sisterhood of the travelling pants?

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Nice piece of fish posted:

:drat:

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Nice piece of fish posted:

Just a terrible movie. At least the first half.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Toona the Cat posted:

Is the second half where your cheated on your wife?

:v:

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Residency Evil posted:

I think :thejoke:

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Residency Evil posted:

I was going to say "ex-wife" but then I remembered that, in a Law Thread Success? Story, they got re-married.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Kalman posted:

I was going to say "ex-wife" but then I remembered that, in a Law Thread Success? Story, they got re-married.

We did but I guess now is as good of a time as any to say that we’re splitting for good. At least this time its mutual and on good terms.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Toona the Cat posted:

drat you watched a whole half? Would've expected a go getter like you to move in the first act. Promotable

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Toona the Cat posted:

We did but I guess now is as good of a time as any to say that we’re splitting for good. At least this time its mutual and on good terms.

You are truly the gift that keeps on giving

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Toona the Cat posted:

Sounds like it's time to pursue an LLM, friendo.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Whelp.

I foolishly commented in a politics thread.

See you after the probation.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

ActusRhesus posted:

Whelp.

I foolishly commented in a politics thread.

See you after the probation.

LOL which one?

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Anti-alt right. (With whom I usually agree)

Trying to point out that joining on the “look! Military academy kids flashed white supremacy signs! Kill them!” Bandwagon is playing right into a 4chan hoax designed to discredit the left, not unlike their fake gay blogs embracing pedophiles are meant to rile up the right against the lgbt community.

Apparently “you’re doing exactly what the alt right wants you to do... for the love of god this is what will get us stuck with 4 more years of trump” = “I am a white supremacist apologist.”

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

ActusRhesus posted:

Anti-alt right. (With whom I usually agree)

Trying to point out that joining on the “look! Military academy kids flashed white supremacy signs! Kill them!” Bandwagon is playing right into a 4chan hoax designed to discredit the left, not unlike their fake gay blogs embracing pedophiles are meant to rile up the right against the lgbt community.

Apparently “you’re doing exactly what the alt right wants you to do... for the love of god this is what will get us stuck with 4 more years of trump” = “I am a white supremacist apologist.”

Lol you really went and posted in CSPAM

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Cspam is certainly the stupidest and least reflective subforum here. For whatever reason they've been given free reign over DnD now, and you can say almost anything you want as long as you frame it in rage against the machine lyrics.

The decision to unban posters who were talking about using pipe bombs to blow up cattle pastures is some real next level inclusive stuff. I doesn't seem like it's gonna take long after Trump's reelection for the feds to make their annual visit to Mr.Kyankas house

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 16, 2019

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Vox Nihili posted:

Lol you really went and posted in CSPAM

you chose...poorly

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Seriously.

I have learned.

I just really felt the need to correct the “no one has ever heard of the circle game” bc... uh... literally every male military person of any race I know has heard of that homoerotic poo poo show.

I mean. It’s fully possible they were using it as a wp sign, either sincere or trolling. But that’s an easy one to investigate. Interview dormmates outside of immediate peer group. “Hey. Ever see these guys slapping dicks?” You will get one of two answers. “Never” or “omg. All the drat time with that stupid game.”

Point remains, regardless. This is exactly what the OK hoax was designed to do, whether it’s been appropriated by real white supremacists or not. A bunch of people going “isn’t that just that ball slapping game?” And thinking the left has lost its mind.

And this is how we end up with more old white boomers getting their asses out of bed and giving us 4 more years of trump which, sadly, is where we’re headed.

ActusRhesus fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 16, 2019

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1206663193516490753

wait, since when is this not allowed

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

ActusRhesus posted:

I felt the need to correct

Ah yup. There's your problem.

It's allowed it's just lazy and often ineffective.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

I mean. You’re not publishing your brief for profit.

I cut paste all the drat time. But, as sloth bear said, you need to be careful the poo poo you’re stealing actually applies.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ActusRhesus posted:

Seriously.

I have learned.

I just really felt the need to correct the “no one has ever heard of the circle game” bc... uh... literally every male military person of any race I know has heard of that homoerotic poo poo show.

I mean. It’s fully possible they were using it as a wp sign, either sincere or trolling. But that’s an easy one to investigate. Interview dormmates outside of immediate peer group. “Hey. Ever see these guys slapping dicks?” You will get one of two answers. “Never” or “omg. All the drat time with that stupid game.”

Point remains, regardless. This is exactly what the OK hoax was designed to do, whether it’s been appropriated by real white supremacists or not. A bunch of people going “isn’t that just that ball slapping game?” And thinking the left has lost its mind.

And this is how we end up with more old white boomers getting their asses out of bed and giving us 4 more years of trump which, sadly, is where we’re headed.

lol you know better.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Also

CSPAM: The modern day Alt-Right movement is characterized by an insular group of extremists, in online echo-chambers, who's objective is to proliferate their ideologies through calls to violence across social media platforms.

Also CSPAM: "Wow, that guy who hung a confederate flag outside his house should get his rear end beat!" "Hell yea, and someone should burn his house down!"

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
It's almost like... People with strong political opinions on the internet... Are idiots??

So is making the forums your clearing House for personal information but w/e it's what the kids want.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 16, 2019

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Seriously.

And I remain convinced that as a result we’re getting 4 more years of Trump. Fml.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

ActusRhesus posted:

No one is going to vote one way or another over this nonsense; particularly not over Something Awful posts discussing this nonsense. There were not statistically significant numbers of people voting for Trump in 2016 as a result of memes or alt-right trolling (despite what 4chan or reddit may think), and the tiny fraction of voters who know and care about that stuff are already committed strongly to one side or the other. It's all silly internet bullshit.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

No one is going to vote one way or another over this nonsense; particularly not over Something Awful posts discussing this nonsense. There were not statistically significant numbers of people voting for Trump in 2016 as a result of memes or alt-right trolling (despite what 4chan or reddit may think), and the tiny fraction of voters who know and care about that stuff are already committed strongly to one side or the other. It's all silly internet bullshit.

Agree individual platforms do not sway voters. Disagree that the aggregate effect of social media insanity doesn’t impact political climate.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Read some interesting articles (legit publications, not blog) about the impact of social media on generation z, who are now voting age. Internet is their main news source. Specifically social media. Scary.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

ActusRhesus posted:

Read some interesting articles (legit publications, not blog) about the impact of social media on generation z, who are now voting age. Internet is their main news source. Specifically social media. Scary.

ok boomer

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Do I look like Phil to you?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Vox Nihili posted:

Anyone who doesn't know about the effects of fear, anger and tribalism on politics is probably suffering from them. There was an article in the Atlantic, I think, after the election where this overwhelming percentage of Trump voters reported feeling like "a stranger in my own country." Trump ran on a platform of fear and anger, and republicans have been doing it for 20 years claiming the left was [War on Christmas/War On religion/are freedoms/whatever/Obamacare/DEath PaNEls]. Anger at another target directly correlates to higher voter turnout.

The sentiment of calling their dumb game a Secret Nazi Illuminati Handshake may not leave the confines of SA, or it might, but to say that it hasn't affected a soul is just flat wrong. The government is literally investigating it, people are literally arguing over it and literally getting mad about it. And making the boomers mad about it means you're making more boomers vote. Its not silly to say, "making the boomers mad at liberals has no effect on voting" because it absolutely does. Contributing to the schism of tribalistic politics, even in a tiny way, is like buying another vote for trump.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Didn't Flynn also fire his lawyers and hired some Fox News TV lawyer?

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

It’s being covered in ny times and a poo poo ton of legit media outlets. Not to mention all the asshats on both sides of twitter. Seriously. Can we burn twitter yet?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

blarzgh posted:

Anyone who doesn't know about the effects of fear, anger and tribalism on politics is probably suffering from them. There was an article in the Atlantic, I think,

Lol

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

gret posted:

Didn't Flynn also fire his lawyers and hired some Fox News TV lawyer?

oh yeah those chucklefucks are walking him into a long prison sentence in the hopes of fox news stardom but i didn't think plagarizing briefs was any sort of issue

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Someone needs to do one of these lists for all of the supposed "reasons why Trump won (or will win)." #147 can be "people took the stupid hand signal things too seriously." #148 can be "people didn't take the stupid hand signal things seriously enough."

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

ActusRhesus posted:

There's this new-fangled contraption called RADIO that's riling up all the yoots! They're beaming all form of slanderous misrepresentations about these here counties for the whole world to hear, I tell you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Kawasaki Nun posted:

The decision to unban posters who were talking about using pipe bombs to blow up cattle pastures is some real next level inclusive stuff.

That, interestingly, doesn't seem to have happened. Rather, permabanned poster Turtilicious[1][2] seems to have created a new account named Turtilicious. and to have just come in and said "it's cool, I explained everything"[3] and thought no one would notice. They were wrong.[4]

Hints of more insanity that probably was just massive PMs to mods/admins.[5]

[1] https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=496679094
[2] https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=500747021
[3] https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784826&pagenumber=710&perpage=40#post500812983
[4] https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=500794077
[5] https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784826&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=715#post500850006