Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
my friend just asked me for the spoilers over the phone so I had to read through them again and it made me even more contemptuous of the movie. he was particularly interested in how Palpatine died and I couldn't remember, then when I found out it was just Rey deflecting his force lightning back at him with a sword I was like "oh that's why I couldn't remember, it's loving boring"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

ruddiger posted:

She shows up in the beginning to tell Kylo she survived before Kylo disintegrates her and continues on with his day.

I would totally watch EP9 if it were all self directed parody comedy at this point. Why bother anymore. Should have got a comedy director. Or just let Seth Green and Hamill direct it.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

ruddiger posted:

She shows up in the beginning to tell Kylo she survived before Kylo disintegrates her and continues on with his day.

This would rule and be a perfect end to such a lovely character.

I mean Gwendoline Christie is amazing and Phasma is cool in concept but drat, in execution she really was the new Boba Fett.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
https://i.imgur.com/p1t55ga_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Haha

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

TheBuilder posted:

https://i.imgur.com/p1t55ga_d.jpg

Haha

TAke a look y'all

e:

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
And another

https://imgur.com/a/mg4ZFfa

It was true...all of it

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

TheBuilder posted:

https://i.imgur.com/p1t55ga_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Haha

That timecode blacked out at the bottom means it’s probably from an audio mixing session. Someone really putting their job on the line for a little bit of internet clout.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
no NO THIS IS ALL JUST SOMEONE'S ELABORATE FANFIC LA LA LA

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

sheev doesn't look hosed up enough imo

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

romanowski posted:

sheev doesn't look hosed up enough imo

Those pictures could be after he gets the bean juice.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

pospysyl posted:

I guess Korin is going to send Paul Saltines some Senzu Beans

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:munch: Okay, it looks like the leaks are accurate. I'll probably go see the film, then. I want to see the fallout.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I love that his robe survived. Also, after 40 years, Kenner's yellow lightsabers are now canon.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

ruddiger posted:

That timecode blacked out at the bottom means it’s probably from an audio mixing session. Someone really putting their job on the line for a little bit of internet clout.

Ok so Skywalker sound. The mole is inside the house!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

There's quite a bit more coming out now. I'd suggest ducking out if you don't want to be spoiled, but otherwise why would you be here?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

EPISODE IX THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

The dead speak! The galaxy has heard a mysterious broadcast, a threat of REVENGE in the sinister voice of the late EMPEROR PALPATINE.

GENERAL LEIA ORGANA dispatches secret agents to gather intelligence, while REY, the last hope of the Jedi, trains for battle against the diabolical FIRST ORDER.

Meanwhile, Supreme Leader KYLO REN rages in search of the phantom Emperor, determined to destroy any threat to his power....

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Do we get to hear this broadcast? Could be interesting.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

This is the spoiler thread stop spoil tagging. Post the piss tape, post the leaks

Also post the accurate story board again so we can laugh

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

I just want to know how it ends. Does Kylo really get yeeted into a pit never to be seen again?

Also which Force Ghost is the one that talks to him?

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Post more piss saber

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

there's something weirdly funny about palpatine crank calling the galaxy

'i lived bitches'

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Mat Cauthon posted:

I just want to know how it ends. Does Kylo really get yeeted into a pit never to be seen again?

Also which Force Ghost is the one that talks to him?

Spoilers just in case:
Kylo climbs out of the pit after Rey has killed Palpatine and collapsed, Kylo brings Rey back to life, just like Rey had done to him earlier, they kiss, Kylo dies.

I'm not sure if it's a force ghost or what but Han Solo talks to Kylo and this is the final nail in Kylo's face turn. It's kinda like Superman talking to his dead dad in Man of Steel, or BvS, can't remember which it was on the mountain.

not trolled not crying fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 17, 2019

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

pospysyl posted:

That's giving Abrams a lot of credit.

"We could do some really gnarly live action puppet or even hack some off the shelf model to CGI him. gently caress it, that's too much effort. Just use the ROTS makeup. Poetry and stuff..."

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Shaocaholica posted:

https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/12/15/has-disneys-star-wars-acquisition-been-a-failure.aspx

Lol they bet the farm on this. Where's the Phasma ride where you fall into a burning trash compactor?

Rise of the Resistance is forcing them to open the park an two or three hours ahead of posted time, the weirdo sign up system for passes to ride are gone within a couple hours every day, and - here's the important part - for the first time since Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey opened over at Universal, people are talking about how Disney might just have the best themed attraction ever. With Smuggler's Run, there was plenty of disappointment that the attraction was great but didn't really live up to potential. I'm not sure I've heard anything negative about Rise's substance.

I'm not saying this just to be contrarian, or to stan Disney Parks Division, just that I don't think the well is necessarily poisoned for Star Wars or even for sequel trilogy stuff. They just need to do good things with it. Which is easier said than done, but.

Pollyanna posted:

Isn’t there one Galaxy’s Edge in CA and one in FL?

That street performance sounds cool as poo poo, though. I’d go more often if the parks leaned more heavily into making it feel like a lived-in world than just an overgrown merch booth, that’s one of the reasons I got really sick of Disney growing up.

Yes - they're identical but Rise hasn't opened in California yet.

From most accounts, the degree to which people like Galaxy's Edge is proportional to the degree they think just walking around a place can be fun. To analogize with another park, if you think just wandering around the back half of Epcot soaking in the atmosphere is a good use of time, Galaxy's Edge is more likely to appeal to you than if you look at Morocco and scoff because there isn't an attraction.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 17, 2019

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Paul Saltines is crusty as gently caress. Dude needs some goddamn lip balm.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

not trolled not crying posted:

Spoilers just in case:
Kylo climbs out of the pit after Rey has killed Palpatine and collapsed, Kylo brings Rey back to life, just like Rey had done to him earlier, they kiss, Kylo dies.

I'm not sure if it's a force ghost or what but Han Solo talks to Kylo and this is the final nail in Kylo's face turn. It's kinda like Superman talking to his dead dad in Man of Steel, or BvS, can't remember which it was on the mountain.

lol what a loving travesty. I wonder how much Ford demanded for his cameo.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Mat Cauthon posted:

lol what a loving travesty. I wonder how much Ford demanded for his cameo.

Whatever it was it was both 1) way too large for however much work it was and 2) not enough

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Do Finn and Poe kiss?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The laser master sequel trilogy is going to be bananas and I can’t wait

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

spacetoaster posted:

Do Finn and Poe kiss?

Poe and Threepio kiss.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Gonz posted:

Poe and Threepio kiss.

I'll take it.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
holy gently caress that opening crawl is garbage

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Horizon Burning posted:

holy gently caress that opening crawl is garbage

yeah holy moly

Also mad that Ren doesn't just get yeeted to the edge of movie town. This kiss thing is somehow worse.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

OctoberCountry posted:

The dead speak! The galaxy has heard a mysterious broadcast, a threat of REVENGE in the sinister voice of the late EMPEROR PALPATINE.

GENERAL LEIA ORGANA dispatches secret agents to gather intelligence, while REY, the last hope of the Jedi, trains for battle against the diabolical FIRST ORDER.

Meanwhile, Supreme Leader KYLO REN rages in search of the phantom Emperor, determined to destroy any threat to his power....

That's it? God drat the leaks were right

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The dead speak!

Lmao that is so lame

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
lol

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

romanowski posted:

TAke a look y'all

e:

:same:

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

OctoberCountry posted:

I refuse to believe this is real. Even if I see it with my own two eyes, I will convince myself my faculties are failing me. A man who has managed to stay hidden for forty years chooses to reveal himself in a radio broadcast, before his forces are ready to move.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

OctoberCountry posted:

:vince: :laffo: :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

TerminalRaptor posted:

I refuse to believe this is real. Even if I see it with my own two eyes, I will convince myself my faculties are failing me. A man who has managed to stay hidden for forty years chooses to reveal himself in a radio broadcast, before his forces are ready to move.

Yeah, but the broadcast is "REVENGE!!!!111!1!1!!11ONE" in all space caps