Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Tempura Wizard posted:

Need a water type to round out my food and drink themed team for the Hall of Fame. What’s the best fit? Kingler, Crawdaunt, or Seaking?

Which would you most want to eat? Or is there a better option.

Rest of the team is:
Vanilluxe
Alcremie
Appletun
Polteageist
Eiscue

Slurpuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Tempura Wizard posted:

Need a water type to round out my food and drink themed team for the Hall of Fame. What’s the best fit? Kingler, Crawdaunt, or Seaking?

Rest of the team is:
Vanilluxe
Alcremie
Appletun
Polteageist
Eiscue

I had a Kingler named Cakes who really carried a lot of water in my last Nuzlocke. So I vote Kingler.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

Blaziken386 posted:

aw poo poo we're at the fun stage of exploits :woop:
I can't help but feel like speedrunners are gonna use this to do something like skip to wyndon early

Probably gonna need it's own category seeing as ranked battles/max raid stuff is required, but that's definitely one of the main angles being explored here yeah

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Tempura Wizard posted:

Rest of the team is:
Vanilluxe
Alcremie
Appletun
Polteageist
Eiscue

Ludicolo because it looks like a pineapple.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Why is it telling me my Pokemon are tired or thinking about camping? What am I supposed to do with this information?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Beachcomber posted:

I'm not digging the music of swsh. It doesn't grab me like it usually does. It's too different.

Been playing since Red and Blue, the gym leader theme this time around is the best in the series

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Beachcomber posted:

Why is it telling me my Pokemon are tired or thinking about camping? What am I supposed to do with this information?

Let them rest and take them camping, you monster. :mad:

It’s just flavor text to show your Pokémon’s happiness level is high.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

Epic High Five posted:

Let's Go Snorlax where you have to remain vigilant at all times to keep it from trying to ride on your head or else you get a game over

The feature I wanted the most from Pokémon Let’s Go was riding on Snorlax’ chest. That was the best mount

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Everyone loves running around with your party out of their pokeballs I don't know why Gamefreak refuses to do it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Beachcomber posted:

I'm not digging the music of swsh. It doesn't grab me like it usually does. It's too different.

I've been poking through Gen IV and V's MIDI tracks and the instruments used have far more of a kick to them than the 3DS and on games do, and that saddens me

Although I do adore Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde's theme from XY

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Tempura Wizard posted:

Rest of the team is:
Vanilluxe
Alcremie
Appletun
Polteageist
Eiscue

Barraskewda is canonically delicious

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Cloyster. Because scallops are delicious.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

ROFL Octopus posted:

Been playing since Red and Blue, the gym leader theme this time around is the best in the series

It gets me so fuckin pumped. Probably the main thing I'll remember about this game in 10 years.

Marnie's final battle theme also rules and if I ever found myself in a crowd with that theme playing I'd go apeshit

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
The gym leader theme, Marnie's theme, Piers' theme and the battle tower theme are real standouts this gen. I appreciate the style of previous gens but they made some real bangers without the midi constraints.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Didn't feel it with Leon. This is the championship music for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dkK9r57BNk

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Eimi posted:

Everyone loves running around with your party out of their pokeballs I don't know why Gamefreak refuses to do it.

Because it would require them bringing back something from a previous gen and we all know that's forbidden.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

in past gens the answer for not bringing back walking pokemon would generally be "it would be a lot of work to add walking and running animations for every pokemon", but. sword and shield has walking and running animations for every pokemon. it uses them in the wild and in the pokemon camp area, as well as having 'react to thing' animations for talking to them

so i dont know why it's not in this one

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Sea Lily posted:

in past gens the answer for not bringing back walking pokemon would generally be "it would be a lot of work to add walking and running animations for every pokemon", but. sword and shield has walking and running animations for every pokemon. it uses them in the wild and in the pokemon camp area, as well as having 'react to thing' animations for talking to them

For Pokémon Spear

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Beachcomber posted:

For Pokémon Spear

i want to hope that but in my heart i know its not going to be true

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
oh cool we're talking about music again, time to relink the best song in the franchise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4mg9VdWFyc

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Sea Lily posted:

Let me let you in on a little secret

Those animations were datamined from SuMo. For all 700-whatever pokemon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVhZMWzzBxQ

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Sockser posted:

Let me let you in on a little secret
Those animations were datamined from SuMo. For all 700-whatever pokemon.

man i just dont understand gamefreak i guess

its such a small thing that makes people super happy. why leave it out?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sea Lily posted:

man i just dont understand gamefreak i guess

its such a small thing that makes people super happy. why leave it out?

Because your small thing is not nearly as small as you think.

And Pokemon following you happened in literally one game 10 years ago.

EDIT: Oh right, Let's Go.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 17, 2019

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

RatHat posted:

Because your small thing is not nearly as small as you think.

And Pokemon following you happened in literally one game 10 years ago.

Man, Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee is already 10 years old? Where does the time go?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TaurusOxford posted:

Man, Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee is already 10 years old? Where does the time go?

Also man hosed up they had all those walking/following animations in S/M's code over a year 10 years ago....

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also man hosed up they had all those walking/following animations in S/M's code over a year 10 years ago....

They can't just plop those into the game and say "done!", it's a lot more work than that. And considering this game was rushed out as it is they probably has more important things to worry about.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 17, 2019

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

RatHat posted:

They can't just plop those into the game and say "done!", it's a lot more work than that.

Most of them are in game for the pokes that wonder around the WA already though.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, what's the easiest way to get Roost onto a G-max Corviknight? I haven't had to do any complex breeding this gen since it shits out so many high IV pokes straight out of dens.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

RatHat posted:

They can't just plop those into the game and say "done!", it's a lot more work than that. And considering this game was rushed out as it is they probably has more important things to worry about.

i know how game development works, it just seems bizzare that they made all those animations for every single pokemon, both walking and running, and then did nothing with them in sun/moon

that is an enormous amount of work done on something they didn't use for anything

with the huge amount of man hours spent animating 800 pokemon like that it seems like they'd want to actually use those in the game, especially when it's in a way people constantly ask for?

its not like it was something cut for dev time, because if it was they would have brought it into UltraSun/UltraMoon and it's not in there either

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
With the 3DS games it was probably more of a hardware limitation than dev time. The games chugged real hard in 3v3 battles afterall.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Countblanc posted:

oh cool we're talking about music again, time to relink the best song in the franchise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4mg9VdWFyc

My all time favorite Pokémon track is this triumphant trumpet tune the anime would break out anytime Pikachu used volt tackle at the end of an episode. I’ve never been able to find it and not entirely sure it wasn’t a fever dream.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Perhaps they had plans for something similar to Sword and Shield's Camp for the Pokepelago (dozens of boxed Pokemon running around the place), but that fell through due to the 3DS being unable to handle all those models at once.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

AlternateNu posted:

So, what's the easiest way to get Roost onto a G-max Corviknight? I haven't had to do any complex breeding this gen since it shits out so many high IV pokes straight out of dens.

A couple other random questions:
-Anyone found any use for Eject Pack? It seems like a great item for a glass cannon that can blast out Overheat/Draco Meteor/Superpower and dip out real quick. Probably more useful than White Herb?
-Do Absorb Bulb/Cell Battery actually absorb their respective attacks and give the boost? Or do you still take full damage and just hope your guy survives?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Whenever I hear the gym battle theme I think of Rhythm Heaven. I feel like I should be tapping something in time with the cheerleader whistles.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

AlternateNu posted:

Just put something else that knows Roost into the nursery with Corviknight (make sure it has a free move slot) and kill time for a bit; it'll learn it eventually.

You can't pass GMax with breeding anyway.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Leraika posted:

Just put something else that knows Roost into the nursery with Corviknight (make sure it has a free move slot) and kill time for a bit; it'll learn it eventually.

You can't pass GMax with breeding anyway.

Specifically, you need to put another Corviknight that knows Roost in with the G-Max one, otherwise it won't work.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Track down a male Pidove, they learn Roost at level 36, and breed him with a female Rookidee and that should be all you need.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1206774238905950208?s=20

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
pokemon let's go marill and pokemon let's go togepi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

if anyone isn't sure what to get, here you go:

https://www.pokemoncenter.com/wooper-pok%C3%A9-plush---8-1-2-in-701-03021