Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Excelzior posted:

I liked Snitler, Snabraham Lincoln and the Snerminator

No love for Snarah Connor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

boo_radley posted:

No love for Snarah Connor?

oh poo poo I missed that? there were so many sight gags, I regret not recording the episode to rewatch it

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The last season ended with Rick making a choice: Accept the family on their terms or leave. He chose to stay, and has struggled with his new position in every episode of this new season.

It was kind of funny how easily Beth joined in on making GBS threads on Jerry's idiocy this time. Not that he didn't fully deserve it.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Excelzior posted:

the single funniest moment of the whole episode was Snakebraham Lincoln opening that note from the time traveller that just said "ssssss"

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
That was the best episode since... forever.

Holy crap.

The pacing was so fast... I'm gonna have to watch it 8 times.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Gotta love the fact that when R&M breaks its self imposed time travel taboo it does so in the most absurd manner that devolves into infinite paradoxes five seconds after it begins.

Great episode, imo.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Gotta love the fact that when R&M breaks its self imposed time travel taboo it does so in the most absurd manner that devolves into infinite paradoxes five seconds after it begins.

Great episode, imo.

Also it's used less as a tool and more like a weapon to unleash on others to completely gently caress up their civilization, it's just such a pain in the rear end.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

snake jazz is totally my jam now too

ssss tss tss tsssssssss tss tss tssssss...

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

BizarroAzrael posted:

So Summer hangs out with the girl with the "stripper titties" who Brad(?) left her for? Maybe they just grabbed a couple of character sheets and didn't think about it.

Motherfucker posted:

she IS also a teenager.
For real, my sister and another girl were alternately best friends and worst enemies all through high school, depending on the month.

Excelzior posted:

gently caress, what would the snake planet version of Abradolph Lincler be like?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Excelzior posted:

Jazz played with a snare drum.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

sticklefifer posted:

For real, my sister and another girl were alternately best friends and worst enemies all through high school, depending on the month.

gently caress, what would the snake planet version of Abradolph Lincler be like?

Where's snake dimension Rick for that matter?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

sticklefifer posted:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Lol wow.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

this was a good episode but it was exhausting to watch for me, so much poo poo happening with the snakes that I actually got a little sleepy at the end of the episode. That's better than the heist episode, where after about the first commercial break I was kind of checked out of the episode

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Finally caught up - that dragon episode was the best of the season. Slut Cave was just non-stop amazing.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Does this imply the existence of Snake Rick?

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I really liked when the snake terminator first showed up that it was someone “snake kneeling” like Arnold did in the first terminator movie.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The last season ended with Rick making a choice: Accept the family on their terms or leave. He chose to stay, and has struggled with his new position in every episode of this new season.

this season has been best when the family is introducing absolute idiocy/chaos that rick can barely contend with, but he's forced to deal with because of that decision to stay

eps 2 and 3 probably seemed weaker cause they mostly just focused on Rick being an invincible know-it-all rear end in a top hat

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Snake ep is best ep of season 4 so far.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I can see why this was Justin's favorite

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Ssss to the Ssss and Hoff poster, wanna chill with that snake

e: gently caress is it a Hasslehoff or Goldblum reference im confused

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Its Michael Jackson

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Kill All Cops posted:

Ssss to the Ssss and Hoff poster, wanna chill with that snake

e: gently caress is it a Hasslehoff or Goldblum reference im confused

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
my 'bad'

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Typical posted:

Yes. also these episode are far more dense. At first I thought it was just my imagination, but our producer told us some numbers. In season 1 and 2, we were looking at mabyeeee 70-100 props per episode. now its closer to 250.

Every department has had to scale up. The number of art assets required to make a single episode have tripped, and the crew has gotten much bigger as well. I used to be the only prop guy. Now I have two people underneath me. And we have Mutata on 3d Freelance.

:whatup:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also it's used less as a tool and more like a weapon to unleash on others to completely gently caress up their civilization, it's just such a pain in the rear end.

It's almost depressing how this works so well as a metaphor for time travel based franchises inevitably becoming a convoluted contradictory mess of nonsense.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
This is just the sort of poo poo that makes R&M amazing, and it was there since the first episode, Dan and Justin do not pussyfoot around when it comes to deconstructing sci-fi tropes,

Of course if a snake goes back in time to kill snake-hitler another snake will come there to stop him and if THAT happened then it must be an infinite recursion and snakes have to pop out everywhere all the time, and yeah this is literally the plot of Terminator driven to the point of absurdity, 'why didn't skynet just send another terminator' 'yeah, I guess he should have huh? only makes sense'.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Excelzior posted:

Wow, I'm an idiot... I didn't fully get that joke until I saw your transcription. Ooof.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I really liked when the snake terminator first showed up that it was someone “snake kneeling” like Arnold did in the first terminator movie.

All of the Terminator stuff was packed with nice little touches.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

This is just the sort of poo poo that makes R&M amazing, and it was there since the first episode, Dan and Justin do not pussyfoot around when it comes to deconstructing sci-fi tropes,

Of course if a snake goes back in time to kill snake-hitler another snake will come there to stop him and if THAT happened then it must be an infinite recursion and snakes have to pop out everywhere all the time, and yeah this is literally the plot of Terminator driven to the point of absurdity, 'why didn't skynet just send another terminator' 'yeah, I guess he should have huh? only makes sense'.

Is it really deconstruction, or is it just taking a trope to it's extreme by turning everything up to 11?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Squashy Nipples posted:

Wow, I'm an idiot... I didn't fully get that joke until I saw your transcription. Ooof.

Is it really deconstruction, or is it just taking a trope to it's extreme by turning everything up to 11?

yeah, deconstruction, reconstruction, zombification, curing the zombified deconstructed tropes but now the tropes are psychic and pull from the things just you think are funny

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I thought the snake cocking the shotgun with its entire body was funny.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Squashy Nipples posted:

am i missing sometnhing? i thought the joke was snake jazz sounds like snakes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Squashy Nipples posted:

Can easily be both- the genre equivalent of making them smoke the whole pack. Constant iteration and expansion ends up making the original premise irrelevant trivia lost in the tedium. And efforts to put things back on track just make it even worse since as long as there's the opportunity it's never going to end.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The snake jazz kept reminding me of Twin Peaks, they used that refrain, right?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

The_Doctor posted:

The snake jazz kept reminding me of Twin Peaks, they used that refrain, right?

It's really the most generic hi hat swing phrase there is, it's how you'd explain swing eighth notes to someone who just picked up playing jazz.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The snake Kyle Reese coiling around the shotgun to pump it was my favorite sight gag in a while.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Last Chance posted:

am i missing sometnhing? i thought the joke was snake jazz sounds like snakes

No, I'm missing something. Musically I have no ear: I'm tone-deaf and totally clueless about music. Can't sing or whistle.

I knew that the joke was that Snake Jazz sounded like snakes, but there was something about seeing the written onomatopoeia that made it a little more... literal?

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It's really the most generic hi hat swing phrase there is, it's how you'd explain swing eighth notes to someone who just picked up playing jazz.

Fascinating. I would have described it as "generic Casio keyboard jazz beat".

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Snake episode was great. Has anyone mentioned that The Mandalorian just did a heist episode? The timing was pretty funny. It had the crewing up scene and double crosses and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

No, I'm missing something. Musically I have no ear: I'm tone-deaf and totally clueless about music. Can't sing or whistle.

I knew that the joke was that Snake Jazz sounded like snakes, but there was something about seeing the written onomatopoeia that made it a little more... literal?

Fascinating. I would have described it as "generic Casio keyboard jazz beat".

the joke is that it sounds like jazz