Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

he should broadcast himself using a giant floating head hologram the size of a planet imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
lol forever that TLJ ends with the First Order achieving total victory and then TROS starts with Palpatine announcing himself and Leia running her intel network like TLJ never happened

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

All I can really say is

maclunkey

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
the madmen did it: 3 bullshit movies without a single original idea and no connection between them

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
For thirty years, you have been asking: Who is Sheev Palpatine? This is Sheev Palpatine speaking. I am the man who loves democracy. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing—you who dread knowledge—I am the man who will now tell you.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Bogus Adventure posted:

Yeah, but the broadcast is "REVENGE!!!!111!1!1!!11ONE" "DEAR RICHARD!!!!111!1!1!!11ONE" in all space caps

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

lmao

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
mmm yes i have been building my secret army for 30 years better broadcast to everyone that im baaaaaaaaaaaaack

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

The Star Wars Spoiler Thread: The Dead Speak!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Ol' Paul Saultines took 30 years of fiddling around with the space radio before he finally figured out how to send a space telegram

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

OctoberCountry posted:

EPISODE IX THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

The dead speak! The galaxy has heard a mysterious broadcast, a threat of REVENGE in the sinister voice of the late EMPEROR PALPATINE.

GENERAL LEIA ORGANA dispatches secret agents to gather intelligence, while REY, the last hope of the Jedi, trains for battle against the diabolical FIRST ORDER.

Meanwhile, Supreme Leader KYLO REN rages in search of the phantom Emperor, determined to destroy any threat to his power....

im actually a bit sad i didnt see this for the first time in a theater lol

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Zeta Acosta posted:

the madmen did it: 3 bullshit movies without a single original idea and no connection between them

tlj ending: The resistance is the spark that will light the fires of hope. A young, nameless peasant boy is shown to have force powers and looks hopefully at the stars.

Skywalker beginning: THE DEAD SPEAK!!! THE LATE PALPATINE BLASTED OUT AN EMAIL SAYING HE WANTS REVENGE!!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Palpy is the 30th entrant in the Galactic Royal Rumble.

BAH GAWD THAT’S SHEEV’S MUSIC!

*Sheev Symphony begins playing*

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
paul saline should have just nuked everyone with his star star destroyer fleet

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Zeta Acosta posted:

The funniest thing is it'd have been easier to just have 3 by the numbers movies that made sense together than whatever the hell this was.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lol

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

This broadcast is cursed, if you don't forward it to ten people I'll come back from the dead and take revenge.
- palps

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

cuntman.net posted:

im actually a bit sad i didnt see this for the first time in a theater lol

https://starwarsintrocreator.kassellabs.io/#!/BLwGWgiuGeiyEnmlqFGn

Gorelab posted:

The funniest thing is it'd have been easier to just have 3 by the numbers movies that made sense together than whatever the hell this was.

Or just use George Lucas' outline about old Luke talking about midichlorians

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I really wish JJ had just gone the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers route. Just have some evil space witch get popped out of an ancient septic tank so that she can turn her attention to conquering the galaxy with giant monsters and clay clones.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
chris avellone did a better star wars story 15 years ago

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Who's going to be the first reviewer to dive on the grenade

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Having reviewed all of the latest spoilers, as a lifetime fan of star wars, my statement and opinion is as follows:

lmao

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

lofi posted:

This broadcast is cursed, if you don't forward it to ten people I'll come back from the dead and take revenge.
- palps

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Polo-Rican posted:

tlj ending: The resistance is the spark that will light the fires of hope. A young, nameless peasant boy is shown to have force powers and looks hopefully at the stars.

Skywalker beginning: THE DEAD SPEAK!!! THE LATE PALPATINE BLASTED OUT AN EMAIL SAYING HE WANTS REVENGE!!

Honestly I don't hate the concept of Palpatine loving with galaxy en masse but as always they take the most boring interpretation of the idea and run with it. Darth Sidious, pirate radio host, playing all your favorite lo-fi hip hop beats to relax/study to while he defrosts his super advanced star ship fleet and tries to convince two teenagers to kiss while he watches (I know Kylo at least is supposed to be in his 20s but whatever).

Instead of doing that, why not leave ole Sheev dead but he's pulling a poltergeist and broadcasting to all the latent force sensitives out there like the kid we saw at the end of TLJ to get them to [insert big evil plot that doesn't involve death star technology here]. Rey (who is not his descendant) has to figure out how to stop/save/convert the afflicted force users while also leading her own faction of nu-jedi. She can't just fight or kill all of them, she has to actually think through the problem and find some new way of using the force to [insert plot resolution here]. And Boyega is there too, doing something that isn't comic relief or exposition. Let Kylo's plot be the shitfit over not being the only bestest sith in the galaxy remain the same, but he fucks up and gets murked on account of his own hubris in his Skywalker heritage.

There, give me $1 million USD Disney, TIA.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 17, 2019

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Furthermore, as a contemplative amendment to my previous post, I wish to add:

lol

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
also fallout new vegas: dead money has the same intro: a radio broadcast from the dead

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
i can't believe THAT's the look they're going for with the clinging to life emperor

pale skin and cataracts

george would've given us something so much more interesting, gently caress

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It's a cursed holo broadcast, and the viewer will die seven days after watching it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Palpatine: “Let the karate killings.....begin.”

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This movie is gonna rule.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
All I've been able to picture since the crawl spoiler is Palps trolling on Leia via Space Twitter ala Trump on Pelosi.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Rey on Tattooine with BB-8. It's like poetry, it rhymes

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Sleepy Sheev, big yawn!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

two blue sabres confirm Kylo is a good guys and so is Rey

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

well why not posted:

two blue sabres confirm Kylo is a good guys and so is Rey

Kylo uses his mom’s saber:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Just as it's amazing how the 1983 makeup on Palpatine was somehow eons better than what they did with him in 2005, it amazes me that here again, the makeup is so much better.

I mean, Jesus, George. You had basically all the money in the world and some of the best effects technicians / artists in the world at your disposal, and your best rendering of old Palpatine was to make him look puffy and bloated under 20 pounds of foam latex?

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Timby posted:

Just as it's amazing how the 1983 makeup on Palpatine was somehow eons better than what they did with him in 2005, it amazes me that here again, the makeup is so much better.

I mean, Jesus, George. You had basically all the money in the world and some of the best effects technicians / artists in the world at your disposal, and your best rendering of old Palpatine was to make him look puffy and bloated under 20 pounds of foam latex?

In fairness, I think that's CGI

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

blue and blue makes yellow

its like poetry it rims

Timby posted:

he looks like something slightly worse than from the original dawn of the dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can’t believe that i bought tickets for this poo poo months ago AND that the more I read the more hyped I get about it. This poo poo show is going to be amazing to experience.