Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Play posted:

Not responding directly to you, but I"m totally flabbergasted that everyone is saying that reclining your seat on planes is bad. When I'm flying probably about 95% of all the people will put their seats back when they can. Getting mad at people for using what little space they're provided by the airlines seems dumb, pointless and counterproductive. Either you just accept that almost everyone is going to put their seat back and you can too, or you are suggesting we enter into a social contract where no one reclines their seats to avoid upsetting everyone else.

I’m 6’5 and I will jam your seat like a kid kicking their parents driver seat if you recline and refuse to put it up after I ask you nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm 6'0 with long legs and a back problem and I'm reclining, I accept the kicks in return for walking off the plane without a limp

My backs hosed either way

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Lol at the guy who said 95% of people recline on flights. I doubt they fly cheap seats much, not reclining is a pretty common courtesy I've seen with the ridiculous amount of flying I've done

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

FoolyCharged posted:

Lol at the guy who said 95% of people recline on flights. I doubt they fly cheap seats much, not reclining is a pretty common courtesy I've seen with the ridiculous amount of flying I've done

I have never been on a long flight where the majority of people didn’t recline.

What bizzaro world are you jackasses living in.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I fly the cheapest seats imaginable, I'd say it's 50/50

I've never heard of it as a courtesy not to

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

I was on a Delta flight last month and with the tiny amount of recline you got, it was hardly even worth doing.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

While it sounds loving exhausting to date someone who wants a date every single day of the week and doesn't let you have time to yourself ever, uh, on the other hand, all of my sympathy went out the window when this weenie complains that his girlfriend wants to cuddle after sex. They're definitely incompatible for a whole host of reasons, but this dude is a loving loser. :rolleyes:

I joked before about obligatory adhd diagnosis but not being able to lie still with your gf post sex unless the tv was on is a pretty big clue. That constant restlessness.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

FoolyCharged posted:

You must be flying a lot of Canada Air cause down in American and Southwest airlines loving everybody reclines

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

FoolyCharged posted:

Yeah, but if I raised a kid for ten years and they reached out for me as a teen....

Especially knowing his mom is a psycho. Dude ought to at least make sure his son was ok, even if he didnt have any legal rights to him. Because that's what someone you raise for 10 years is regardless of his blood or what his crazy mother did to the two of you.

I started out thinking he wanted to work out a custody arrangement, she said the kid wasn't his, then he had to take a paternity test. My guess was she didn't want to allow him custody, because it sounds like he started out wanting it and didn't just take her at her word that the kid wasn't his. He now says talking to this kid years later opens up old wounds.

BUT

In the comments he says he used to have a great relationship with the kid and has been slowly cutting him off emotionally over the years. Total rear end in a top hat.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

All tall people who hate reclining sit on the left side of the plane, everybody else who wants to recline sit on the right, everybody wins.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for adding hot sauce to all of my girlfriend's cooking?

My girlfriend and I live together and each do about half of the cooking. I grew up in a household where I ate spicy food for the majority of my meals, so regular food tastes kind of bland to me without Sriracha or some other kind of hot sauce. My girlfriend has a very low spice tolerance, so when it’s my turn to cook, I set aside half of the food for her and then add Sriracha to my portion. When it’s her turn to cook, I add Sriracha to the food on my plate.

My girlfriend thinks it’s obnoxious that I won’t eat her food without hot sauce and says I’m insinuating that she can’t cook and that her food tastes bad. But to me, it’s no different than adding salt and pepper. I do this at restaurants too, so it’s not anything personal. I think it’s just a matter of individual taste. AITA?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for adding hot sauce to all of my girlfriend's cooking?

My girlfriend and I live together and each do about half of the cooking. I grew up in a household where I ate spicy food for the majority of my meals, so regular food tastes kind of bland to me without Sriracha or some other kind of hot sauce. My girlfriend has a very low spice tolerance, so when it’s my turn to cook, I set aside half of the food for her and then add Sriracha to my portion. When it’s her turn to cook, I add Sriracha to the food on my plate.

My girlfriend thinks it’s obnoxious that I won’t eat her food without hot sauce and says I’m insinuating that she can’t cook and that her food tastes bad. But to me, it’s no different than adding salt and pepper. I do this at restaurants too, so it’s not anything personal. I think it’s just a matter of individual taste. AITA?

NTA. Next.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

From the last part I now have a mental image of that toolbag bringing his own personal bottle of Sriracha sauce to, like, IHOP. "It's just too bland!"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Known Lecher posted:

From the last part I now have a mental image of that toolbag bringing his own personal bottle of Sriracha sauce to, like, IHOP. "It's just too bland!"

I find it interesting you try and use IHOP as like some highbrow dining experience.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Nah, I was trying to think of a place that would have food that was by and large intended to be bland. If I want fancy I'm going to Applebee's.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA for reporting my GF to her boss?

Hello r/AmItheAsshole. Throwaway for obvious reasons. Back in September I made a custom mug as a birthday gift for my mom. When I went to pick it up at the local Walgreens, the girl (I'll call her G) working there commented on my Rick & Morty shirt then we got talking. I was immediately into her but too afraid to ask her out, also wasn't sure if she was just being nice. So I just leave feeling regret, but later I get a text from a unknown number, it's G. She apologizes for contacting me like this & asks if I'd wanna hang out. Obviously, I'm down & couldn't care less about how it happened. Flash forward to now & we've been dating for almost 3 months, things have been great.

This past weekend the two of us hung out with my older sister (I'll call her S) when the subject of how we met came up. (Some context: Couple years ago S had stalker problem. She donated blood & a staff member lifted her info then used it to start harassing her on Facebook. Thankfully she never got hurt but did have to change her phone number & get a restraining order against the guy.) I hosed up, and never considered it might be a sensitive issue so when G starts I just let her. She left nothing out. I could see right away that S was upset, but she played it off & didn't comment. As soon as G went to the bathroom S asks me if that was all true. When I said it was she tells me how that's not OK & I need to report G to her manager. I try to downplay it but she's not letting it go. She knows exactly where G works & I'm almost certain if I don't do it, she eventually will. I haven't mentioned any of this to G yet since I don't want the two to argue. I'm considering it only because I feel like S will do it in a way that will get G fired. WIBTA if I report her?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Known Lecher posted:

Does IHOP no longer have Cholula sauce at the table?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Knobb Manwich posted:

I joked before about obligatory adhd diagnosis but not being able to lie still with your gf post sex unless the tv was on is a pretty big clue. That constant restlessness.

Yeah, what's the point in snuggling up to my girlfriend after sex and feeling close and in-tune with the woman who I love when I could watch Rick & Morty or play Gears of War? Bazinga!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Hello r/AmItheAsshole. Throwaway for obvious reasons. Back in September I made a custom mug as a birthday gift for my mom. When I went to pick it up at the local Walgreens, the girl (I'll call her G) working there commented on my Rick & Morty shirt then we got talking. I was immediately into her but too afraid to ask her out, also wasn't sure if she was just being nice. So I just leave feeling regret, but later I get a text from a unknown number, it's G. She apologizes for contacting me like this & asks if I'd wanna hang out. Obviously, I'm down & couldn't care less about how it happened. Flash forward to now & we've been dating for almost 3 months, things have been great.

This past weekend the two of us hung out with my older sister (I'll call her S) when the subject of how we met came up. (Some context: Couple years ago S had stalker problem. She donated blood & a staff member lifted her info then used it to start harassing her on Facebook. Thankfully she never got hurt but did have to change her phone number & get a restraining order against the guy.) I hosed up, and never considered it might be a sensitive issue so when G starts I just let her. She left nothing out. I could see right away that S was upset, but she played it off & didn't comment. As soon as G went to the bathroom S asks me if that was all true. When I said it was she tells me how that's not OK & I need to report G to her manager. I try to downplay it but she's not letting it go. She knows exactly where G works & I'm almost certain if I don't do it, she eventually will. I haven't mentioned any of this to G yet since I don't want the two to argue. I'm considering it only because I feel like S will do it in a way that will get G fired. WIBTA if I report her?

Lol!

Yeah you definitely better do it first that will absolutely help 🙄

What a dummy.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Tell your sister to but out, and get your story straight with your girlfriend that you gave her your number in case she wanted to go out, she didn't look it up on the company system.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

therobit posted:

Tell your sister to but out, and get your story straight with your girlfriend that you gave her your number in case she wanted to go out, she didn't look it up on the company system.

Yeah this is easily played around with a little planning if your older sister decides she “knows what’s good for you”

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

My first double post in twenty years. Whoops.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for recommending the worst tattoo artist I know to a girl that was trying to copy my tattoo?

I have a lot of tattoos. My most recent tattoo is a tattoo that I designed with my husband. We got matching ones for our anniversary. It is super personal.

As I was showing it off to my friends, I notice one girl in our group (who I’m not super close to) was really into it. She even took a picture of it which I thought was strange but I let it slide. Let’s call this girl Sarah.

Sarah does not have any tattoos that I know of, if she does they are really small and in unnoticed places. So a week or so later I hear through the grape vine that Sarah is trying to get a copy of my tattoo. honestly I suspected this. She told a couple of friends of mine the design, and for some reason, didn’t think that they would tell me. But here comes the crazy part, she comes to me and asks me for a recommendation for an artist. She specifically wanted one that wasn’t too expensive.

I asked her what she was going to get. She was really coy with me and told me that she had not finished thinking about it yet. So I recommend the worst tattoo “artist” I know, let’s call him Bubba. I’ve gotten two “joke” tattoos from Bubba, one is terrible and blown out ,but it’s okay because it’s that duck or rabbit optical illusion. The other one I have had covered up. He works at subway during the day and gives tattoos from his garage.

I knew she wouldn’t do her proper research and check him out, and she didn’t. She went and got her cheap tattoo from Bubba, and it is hosed. up It’s already blown out, the lines aren’t straight, and may be infected. My husband and I are howling about this, but a few friends of mine think what I did was really messed up. She’ll be ok, she’ll just have a really really lovely version of my tattoo. I think it’s what she deserves. So let me know reddit, AITA?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for recommending the worst tattoo artist I know to a girl that was trying to copy my tattoo?

NTA for the simple fact that if some dumbass can’t be bothered to do even a little research before getting a “permanent” body alteration they deserve what they get.

loving hell she could have used Yelp for fucks sakes.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
WIBTA for telling my doctor helping me with prostate cancer, it makes me uncomfortable knowing hes gay when he touches bellow the belt?

quote:

So I will try to keep this short I am 34, and have prostate cancer.

It sucks but it is not fatal, I cant have orgasms without it hurting really bad, so I have been through no nut 2015/16/17/18 and 19.

It doesnt hurt too much day to day, I just cant have orgasms, and it burns when I pee.

Its getting better, but every week my doctor checks my prostate, I am trying everything I can to avoid removing the cancer with force, and making me unable to have children.

But when I found out on facebook that he had a boyfriend, I felt a little uncomfortable but tried not to be vocal.

I mean he refers to his boyfriend as a femboy, and has a lot of talk about "boy pussy" on a post about going to the gay pride parade.

His boyfriend looks like hes 21 and hes 30.

IDK it just gives me chills after reading his post about "boy pussy" and cute boy talk on his facebook.

WIBTA if I told him or not?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Play posted:

Not responding directly to you, but I"m totally flabbergasted that everyone is saying that reclining your seat on planes is bad. When I'm flying probably about 95% of all the people will put their seats back when they can. Getting mad at people for using what little space they're provided by the airlines seems dumb, pointless and counterproductive. Either you just accept that almost everyone is going to put their seat back and you can too, or you are suggesting we enter into a social contract where no one reclines their seats to avoid upsetting everyone else.

I hope we can all see how futile that would be. Better to just let people do it and not get mad. And yes I'm 6'2" so I know what it is to be very cramped on a plane

I feel the same way as someone thats 6'4. I dont mind if people recline back at all, im cramped regardless.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lucrece posted:

WIBTA for telling my doctor helping me with prostate cancer, it makes me uncomfortable knowing hes gay when he touches bellow the belt?

An rear end doctor that likes rear end.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
A gay assdoctor is probably the most qualified for the job as they have extra expertise in the field of rear end

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s probably not healthy to take his work home with him like that though.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

therobit posted:

Does IHOP no longer have Cholula sauce at the table?

That's at least a good hot sauce. I'll usually take Tapatio over Cholula given the choice, but it's a solid hot sauce.

MarcusSA posted:

loving hell she could have used Yelp for fucks sakes.

What's Yelp but for tattoo artists who work out of their garage ? Garagr is probably taken.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

[24m] My GF [24f]'s friend [24/25m] literally poo poo in my bed.

I am pretty much 99% sure the relationship is over but I need to vent and look for answers because I am certainly not getting them from my GF.

So besides me here are the others involved. I will refer to them by relationship since I hate using single letters and making up names.

GF/Girlfriend will be my Girlfriend (Age 24) CF/Friend/Guy will be my GF's childhood friend (Age 24/25 I think) Brother/Bro will be my GF's Brother (Age 26) Mother will be GF's mom (age 40s)

I live in a small 1 bedroom apartment and have been dating my GF for almost 3 years who lives at home still. I get along well enough with her mother and I consider her brother a friend. Her dad passed away when her and her brother were young. In March I think her childhood friend moved back to her mother's neighborhood. I haven't heard much about him but he reached out to my GF's mother to get back in touch. He visted my GF/mother at their house. He found out she was dating so she wanted to meet me. My GF asked if it was alright to have dinner at my house and I said it was fine. We set up for another day and I ordered pizza. The guy came over with my GF and seemed fine, for reasons I will get into he really wanted a tour of the apartment even though it's small. He asked which side my GF sleeps on which I thought was weird. Dinner goes find and nothing really seemed out of the ordinary. Well the guy juuls and wants to go outside to vape with me and my GF. The friend said he needed to use the bathroom and I said it was fine. I was going to go inside as well but my GF said she wanted to stay out longer and wanted my company. Eventually the friend comes out to vape some more. The dude asked if I liked fresh baked goods and I said they are fine, again a weird question. He said it was time for him to go so my GF took him home since they came together. I said goodbye went back inside and did random things/watch tv/dick around on my tablet until I was ready for bed. I get to my bedroom and their is a loving poo poo log on my pillow! It was late and I text my GF asking if she was up but she didn't respond. Next day I went to talk to my GF. I did not yell or blame her but my voice was definetly upset/frustrated. I asked her if she knew what he did and why but she just completely shut down on her couch. She sort of got into a sitting fetal position hugging her legs. She wouldn't look at me or say anything. She has never shut down like this if we had a disagreement. I asked why she wouldn't talk, look at me, etc. but I got nothing. I calmed down a bit so I was just defeated trying to get her to respond. Eventually after about an hour I just gave up and told her I want nothing to do with her friend and I never want to see him again. I left and gave her a few days, she acted like nothing happened and if I brought him up she would shut down again. I tried a few more times and always ended the "convo" with I never want anything to do with the guy.

Things normalize and I don't hear anything about the friend. I have a spare key to my place hidden on my balcony and my GF knows where it is in case she needs to get into my apartment for some reason. In August I come home one night from work and again their is poo poo on my pillow. My spare key is gone and my GF won't answer her phone. I go to her house the next day and her shutting down repeats. I know this sub hates this but I took her phone to see their texts. They had been deleted. I called the dude from my GF's phone and asked what the gently caress. His response was to say "well you like baked goods" and then just laugh and not respond. I phone her mother another day on and her mother changes the subject and completely ignores me when I bring up what happened. It was basically "Hey the dude poo poo on my bed" and her response would be something like "I got a great deal at the store" or some other random crap. I gave up and called her brother. Her brother said he wasn't surprised because the dude always seemed off to him but he really doesn't know the dude. My GF's brother moved out at 16 to his grandma's because he and GF's mom constantly fought. He said when he lived there the dude didn't come to the house much unless he wasn't home and apparently came over a lot more after he moved so he only met him a few times. The brother offered to talk to my GF and he said she shut down like before so he talked to his mom who ignored him like she did with me and it eventually got into a shouting match. He has no idea what's going on. I had my manager change my locks and put spare keys at my job and my car. I gave it a few weeks, tried to get answers again with the same results. I told her I needed a break from the relationship. She gave me space and we started talking again around halloween.

I started to trust her again, I know my fault. Her car broke down about a week ago and she needed to go to a doctor appointment. I wasn't able to take her due to work so I let her borrow my car and she dropped me off at work. She was able to drop my car off after the appointment and she left me my keys. I get to my car and I am sure you know what happened. A nice, big turd right in my backseat. I haven't talked to her since. I have no idea why this happened but I know it's my fault since I gave her a 3rd chance. Anyone deal with anything close to this? Why is my GF shutting down? Why is this rear end in a top hat making GBS threads on my stuff? Can my GF be reasoned with?

TL;DR - GF's friend literally poo poo in my bed twice and my car once.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

poo poo my bed once shame on you. poo poo it twice and my car once shame on me!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's a really dumb plan but I can't fault him for making GBS threads the bed and actually getting the girl.

In the comments people point out that there's likely some kind of abusive dynamic which makes sense given that the guy can convince her to let him poo poo in his bed and car.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Your line here before you drop him off the cliff into the rocks and waves below is, “Listen buddy, I told ya to quit loafin’ around!”

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018
people who are tall already get to be tall, a thing universally regarded as superior which is obviously the case, the price you have to pay for that is to be mildly uncomfortable on airplanes but be honest, if a warlock could wave a magic wand and make you five foot i don't think you would take that deal

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Known Lecher posted:

most restaurants have hotsauce of some kind its usually either cholula, taptito or texas pete. if they dont have those they have buffalo or sriracha

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

[24m] My GF [24f]'s friend [24/25m] literally poo poo in my bed.

GF is the shitter, has to be.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

There is a third shitter on the grassy knoll.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Zartosht posted:

GF is the shitter, has to be.

There is no friend, there never was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Yeah, what's the point in snuggling up to my girlfriend after sex and feeling close and in-tune with the woman who I love when I could watch Rick & Morty or play Gears of War? Bazinga!

I also love mocking people with mental issues.