Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
The
People
Voted
For
Pain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Manic X posted:

Not sure how true that is considering Trump got elected with all major news outlets against him. Corbyn was slandered alot by the media, but most of the people I spoke to who were brexiteers voted for Boris just on the basis of brexit alone.

The working class have voted brexit. Most of the oldies who voted conservative will die because they can't afford to heat their homes, and their grandchildren will utter "told ya so granny, but at least you get to die alongside your white neighbours, Doris, and Linda."

I think once the tories don't have brexit anymore, labour will bounce back. Unfortunately it may come at the cost of watching the NHS taking its own trip to A&E.

do you know who owns fox news

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

Boris has just confirmed he intends to no deal at the end of the transition period so rip

JUST

DO

BREXIT

ALREADY

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1206883314684047360?s=19

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:

V. Illych L. posted:

who cares what his intention is? it's going to be what happens

Just read this. So yeah.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Brexit is the equivalent of someone with their foot stuck in a bear trap, finally deciding to saw their leg off with a rusty blade

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

So what are British regulations on owning a machete?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Here in the United States you can just go to a sporting goods store and buy an adult sized machete and a child sized machete straight off the rack.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Here in the United States you can just go to a sporting goods store and buy an adult sized machete and a child sized machete straight off the rack.

I dont think you can buy machetes in store here but there's plenty of stupid knives for the sale.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Knives aren't good for "clearing brush"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

every time I see a picture of Jacob Rees-Mogg I think of tall trees

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I do not agree with violence friend!!!! it's not okay to suggest we murder boris johnson with a machete

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I'm just talking about yard maintenance.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i was stuck in a room with old people a few days ago and we started talking politics. they all hated jeremy corbyn so i started lecturing them on labour policies. I hope they enjoyed that.

whats more important is that i could easily defeat everyone in the room even in uneven 3v1 combat even though im suffering from a leg injury. i think my bf would have even joined them as they're his family but I think I would still stand a good chance of winning in a 4v1.

so they had no choice but listen to me describe why a 4 day working week would be okay and that jeremy corbyn wasn't very pro-eu.

hemale in pain has issued a correction as of 11:58 on Dec 17, 2019

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Manic X posted:

I hope this is just him spouting nonsense to scare the EU, and not his actual intention.

Its his intention

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

MikeCrotch posted:

The
Olds
Voted
For
Pain

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

https://www.statista.com/statistics/793681/home-ownership-by-age-uk/

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s the old poors who will die off

rich olds will have many healthy decades ahead of them

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no deal is going to happen

I’m excited to see the chaos

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

a great many old tories aren't necessarily rich by any means, but they are typically homeowners with a certain fixed income on which they're reasonably comfortable - they'll still suffer from the total lack of social care policy from this government

some also went tory to Get Brexit Done, and are not likely to stay tory

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Jel Shaker posted:

Brexit is the equivalent of someone with their foot stuck in a bear trap, finally deciding to saw their leg off with a rusty blade

They then realize it's the wrong leg halfway through, but decide to keep sawing anyway because they've gotten this far already.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Jel Shaker posted:

This isn't blood it's victory jam.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Brexit is Saw.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Jel Shaker posted:

keeping their lifespan by raping children and eating infants

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Jel Shaker posted:

Eh. If history has taught us anything it is uprisings usually take the rich by surprise.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Taintrunner posted:

i hope so! but boris might decide to stick with his deal

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

redleader posted:

i hope so! but boris might decide to stick with his deal

his deal is just a withdrawal agreement. the point of the transition period is to negotiate a new deal with the EU. Boris is intending to make any extension illegal

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the EU has previously said that it's going to be 'challenging' to negotiate a deal in one year. johnson has just said 'well that's too bad, let's rush this bitch'

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Boris is a moron but I don't think he is a complete loving idiot. If we crashed out without a deal after just paying the EU 40 odd billion to get a withdrawal deal his pay masters in the press and the banks would not be happy.

However, he is likely to do a deal that is the least possible amount of work for him, which basically means just signing whatever the EU puts in front of him without trying to get any concessions at all.

During this time he is likely to say anything to appease everyone at the same time, regardless of contradictions, nobody will bring him up on this and will act surprised when it turns out he is full to the brim with complete and utter horse poo poo.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

the whole point of brexit is to facilitate the capitalist pillaging of state assets and the faster and meaner brexit is the more assets can be pillaged in the chaos and confusion that will follow

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Boris only needs to serve the sector of capital that profits most from Brexit, and international financiers & newsmen who profit from good trade can all get hosed

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

I guess for libs who have Russia Panic Syndrome brexit is also about weakening western power blocs but the most effective way to do that would be to enable capitalist capture of the state and its assets anyway so....................

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Dravs posted:

Boris is a moron but I don't think he is a complete loving idiot. If we crashed out without a deal after just paying the EU 40 odd billion to get a withdrawal deal his pay masters in the press and the banks would not be happy.

However, he is likely to do a deal that is the least possible amount of work for him, which basically means just signing whatever the EU puts in front of him without trying to get any concessions at all.

During this time he is likely to say anything to appease everyone at the same time, regardless of contradictions, nobody will bring him up on this and will act surprised when it turns out he is full to the brim with complete and utter horse poo poo.

boris' paymasters are the hedge fund managers who want no deal brexit to make billions

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

What kind of sick freak votes lib Dem at 18-24

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
It's okay, climate change reversal is also a positive feedback loop.

Successive heatwaves and coldsnaps will preferentially kill off tory olds.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I like how no one likes the lib dems

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

What kind of sick freak votes lib Dem at 18-24

lanyards in training

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

My fear is there won't be chaos. Something amazing could come out of chaos. What I fear might happen is everything just gets really poo poo and no one does a thing.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/991642672992530432

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

He wasn't wrong. He just didn't realise how broken the British working class are and thinks they are all good Labour voters that have just been brain washed or something.

The journalist class still don't understand the age of brain worms.