Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Azerban posted:

that's "3rd place toronto mayoral race little miss nazi" to you

25,000 votes seems like a lot, but it was out of 755,000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

That's still far too many people voting for someone reciting the 14 words.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jehde posted:

That's still far too many people voting for someone reciting the 14 words.

I'd say it was the police, but 3/4ths of them don't live in Toronto

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
https://twitter.com/Mikeggibbs/status/1206697988673941505?s=20

I have to wonder if stuff like this has more weight now than it would have 10 years ago

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

brucio posted:

I have to wonder if stuff like this has more weight now than it would have 10 years ago

Among the people voting for CPC leader? Maybe it's just the ones I know but I have my doubts.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

brucio posted:

https://twitter.com/Mikeggibbs/status/1206697988673941505?s=20

I god drat hope it does

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
Why would it? Conservatives don't give a poo poo about anything like that, and even if they did their alliances are determined by who they hate and oppose rather than what anyone believes or does specifically.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

Why would it? Conservatives don't give a poo poo about anything like that, and even if they did their alliances are determined by who they hate and oppose rather than what anyone believes or does specifically.

I think you'd be surprised just how much conservatives care who is gay

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

vincentpricesboner posted:

I think you'd be surprised just how much conservatives care who is gay

They have no problem voting for gay people as long as that gay person is going to harm other gay people

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

hmm yes Klonopin Meatman JPeets would make an excellent CPC leader

a perfect counterpoint to human milkbag Scheer

Where the gently caress do they find these muppets?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

Klonopin Meatman

I think I need a new username

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I still can't figure out whats funnier about JP, the whole "I eat only meat, yeah, for real" or the fans that believe him.

Or the even crazier thing that he isn't lying about his devotion to this insane diet and he is in fact quickly killing himself by never eating a fruit or vegetable.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Headlines from 2021: Conservative party leader assassinated by glass of cider.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

vincentpricesboner posted:

I still can't figure out whats funnier about JP, the whole "I eat only meat, yeah, for real" or the fans that believe him.

Or the even crazier thing that he isn't lying about his devotion to this insane diet and he is in fact quickly killing himself by never eating a fruit or vegetable.

If you’re rich and plan properly, you could get away with eating only animal products for years and years and probably never suffer ill from doing so. What I find annoying about this trend isn’t the trend itself - people should eat how they feel they must - but rather all the sort of conservative redpill bulllshit that inevitably follows it around.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Personally I think the weirdest part was when his daughter started sending him bikini photos to prove the all-beef diet was good

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

mediaphage posted:

If you’re rich and plan properly, you could get away with eating only animal products for years and years and probably never suffer ill from doing so. What I find annoying about this trend isn’t the trend itself - people should eat how they feel they must - but rather all the sort of conservative redpill bulllshit that inevitably follows it around.

Yeah but these are the same people that think wiping your rear end is "gay" because your fingers get close to your butthole and touching your butthole is GAY

You just can't get around a certain level of brokebrain.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Noblesse Obliged posted:

They have no problem voting for gay people as long as that gay person is going to harm other gay people

So that's the reason Baird has been advocating for the Saudis in the last few years.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

???
https://twitter.com/nationalpost/status/1206934064806187008

this is just the wildest column

"but his no-nonsense style, experience, and business smarts are just what the country needs"

the guy has never held a job outside politics or lobbying??

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I guess he does grab people by the bussy

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
canada needs what america has: a brash, abrasive sexual predator who will do anything for saudi arabia

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

"but his no-nonsense style, experience, and business smarts are just what the country needs"

...surely she is aware that Donald Trump provably has none of these, right? Not in a debatable or technical sense, he has a decades long string of failures, each larger than the last right up until he was cast in a TV show that told people he was a millionaire.

Even if you subscribe to the ridiculous notion that business leaders necessarily make good politicians and public administrators, he was loving terrible at it.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 17, 2019

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

vyelkin posted:

Personally I think the weirdest part was when his daughter started sending him bikini photos to prove the all-beef diet was good

Might as well cover all of the psycho conservative leader tropes.

Pinterest Mom posted:

???

What this country needs is a likely sex tourist?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

???

I think this writer is insane

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Wistful of Dollars posted:

I think this writer is insane

well... the national post

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Salean posted:

well... the national post

Even by their standards.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Even by their standards.

-National Post

-Standards

Choose one.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Pinterest Mom posted:

???

Burn in the trash fire society you loving enabled National Post.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Pinterest Mom posted:

???

All her columns in the last few years are all “Trudeau! Trudeau! Trudeau!”. I think the 2015 election broke her brain.

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009

infernal machines posted:

What the gently caress?

Seriously though, who is funding that? There's no way loving Porbo Jeterson and Little Miss Nazi are well enough known to just be thrown around like that.

Frank often fields surveys about Canadian politics out of his own interest and curiosity.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

What the gently caress?

Seriously though, who is funding that? There's no way loving Porbo Jeterson and Little Miss Nazi are well enough known to just be thrown around like that.

Love the field of "Who?" only interrupted by a resounding "Terrible" on Doug.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Oxyclean posted:

The hilarious thing is that all the people who are decently well-known are hideously unpopular. The obvious conclusion is that Conservatives loving suck, and the only time they don't seem awful is when you don't know them well enough.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PT6A posted:

The hilarious thing is that all the people who are decently well-known are hideously unpopular. The obvious conclusion is that Conservatives loving suck, and the only time they don't seem awful is when you don't know them well enough.

Remember that 40% good/great among general public is a potential majority government.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

PT6A posted:

That graph is showing you responses from all political parties. Among actual Conservative voters, i.e. the people who get to pick the next leader, a lot of those names have way higher favourability ratings. Bernier and Ford still get "terrible choice" ratings above 60% even among Cons though so lmao

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Conservative voters don't get to pick the next leader, Conservative members do. Only like ~2.5% of voters are members.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

Conservative voters don't get to pick the next leader, Conservative members do. Only like ~2.5% of voters are members.

Presumably the majority of Conservative members are Conservative voters though.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

After all that deferred prosecution drama, the Crown decides to let off SNC Lavalin with a slap on the wrist.

quote:

SNC-Lavalin pleads guilty to fraud during its 2001-2011 activities in Libya

A division of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. has pleaded guilty to fraud over $5,000 in relation to the company's activities in Libya — a criminal case that ensnared the Quebec-based engineering giant, as well as the federal Liberal government, in political controversy.

SNC-Lavalin Construction, the division in question, paid tens of millions of dollars to two shell companies between 2001 and 2011, according to an agreed statement of facts presented in a Montreal courtroom Wednesday.

That money was then used to reward Saadi Gadhafi, son of the late dictator Moammar Gadhafi, for helping SNC-Lavalin secure lucrative construction projects.

The prosecution and defence are both recommending to a provincial court judge that the company pay a $280-million fine over five years, and that SNC-Lavalin Construction be placed on probation for three years.

The Crown is recommending that five other fraud and corruption charges filed against SNC-Lavalin, SNC-Lavalin Construction, and SNC-Lavalin International be dropped.

:tinfoil:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

vyelkin posted:

Presumably the majority of Conservative members are Conservative voters though.

Thanks to our fifth column strategy this thread is now the largest Conservative member voting bloc

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Thanks to our fifth column strategy this thread is now the largest Conservative member voting bloc

No we’re not. As history has shown, the largest bloc is furry con-goers.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Oxyclean posted:

Looks like most of those "who?" names are Prairie people, makes sense that the rest of Canada doesn't know who they are. Also I thought the strategy was to pick a leader that wasn't from the prairies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Prairie conservatives are even more awful than the others, because they've had to claw their way to the top via being even crazier and more disconnected from reality than their competition.