Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
Off the top of my head:

-there's an argument to be made for putting the Gaussian proc (and just the proc) into Aim, so it's a buff that be called on-demand. That means you won't get that last bonus in the set, though.
-Lancer Shot looks hilariously underslotted, and I personally recommend the first Blaster ATO set for it (and all blaster Tier 3 single-target blasts, honestly)
-no knockback protection? Putting a Karma -kb in Afterburner will stop about 90% of the knockback you'll face, and while it looks like you're extremely slot-starved, there's a pretty big quality of life change (or maybe I'm just frequently haunted by knockback from the blasters I've played)
-you have a lot of powers that would be great as Luck of the Gambler global recharge mules, and shittons of recharge is always fun, if only to get Overcharge up as much as possible
-on that note - you didn't get Overcharge as soon as possible at 32? SHAMEFUL. SHAAAAAAAAME
-This is my personal preference, but I'd drop Tactics and Victory Rush for Vengeance (always fun on groups) and Combat Jumping (LotG/Karma mule, plus there's some quality of life improvements just by jumping higher and with more vertical air control)
-since you're nearing 50, what are you considering for your Alpha Incarnate slot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Haha. Thanks, you can tell it's been a while.

And I'd stopped playing by the time all the Incarnate stuff rolled in. So I honestly have no idea.

Edit: Took a whack at changing things.
-Moved Overcharge to 32 (Tactics to 35, Body Armor at 38).
-Kept Overcharge six-sloted with Postron's Blast.
-Six-slotted Lancer Shot with Superior Blaster's Wrath.
-Slotted Karma -KB into Hover. Hover? Is that a good spot?
-Dropped End-Red from Maneuvers and Tactics to get slots, which seems fine, since I'm fairly positive on End.
-Slide Luck of the Gambler Global Recharge and Def/End into Maneuvers

From live I remember having Tactics in particular was very useful for boosting team to-hit, but maybe that's less-so now?

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 14, 2019

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
How is Cutting Beam treating you? I skipped it on my Beam Rifle/Energy blaster; I had some sort of thought going on that the set was supposed to be an EB-devouring single-target monster and decided to just lean into that. It's taken me to 40 and I'm pretty happy with my main AoE option being Overcharge and its 'Delete this spawn' power. I'm considering swapping from Force Mastery to Munitions to get the LRM rocket as a secondary Spawn Exploder.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Crasical posted:

How is Cutting Beam treating you? I skipped it on my Beam Rifle/Energy blaster; I had some sort of thought going on that the set was supposed to be an EB-devouring single-target monster and decided to just lean into that. It's taken me to 40 and I'm pretty happy with my main AoE option being Overcharge and its 'Delete this spawn' power. I'm considering swapping from Force Mastery to Munitions to get the LRM rocket as a secondary Spawn Exploder.

Cutting beam is situationally useful. I've run Synapse and Numina in the past couple days to get the Task Force accolade. It's nice for clearing clockwork gears and the various devouring earth shards. Skippable if you want.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Mooooore characters.

Little Atom Bomb: Atom Bomb Baby was taken. :argh: I don't have much of her actual character defined, but I imagine her being somewhat bratty and fashion-focused despite her radiation-related difficulties. I really like how her whole face/mask situation worked out. The main takeaway here though is that I constantly make characters based on songs. (Rad/Rad Brute, what else?)

ATOMIC SPLASH: I've posted this dude (and his bio) a few times. He's the mascot for a definitely-legal energy drink enriched with isotopes. Contractually obligated to talk in all caps at all times and shill for said energy drink, even while blasting bad guys. ...Maybe Atomic Splash is how Little Atom Bomb got her glowing complexion? I literally just thought of this. (Appropriately colored Water Blast/Energy Manipulation)

Nanotoxin: One of several highschool students sold out to villain groups by a teacher running an after-school science program. She ended up in the clutches of Malta, who used her as a test bed for one of their latest nanotechnology projects derived from Battle Maiden. End result is Venom by way of technology, shattered mind and all. She naturally escaped and now runs around as a vigilante, eager to get revenge and enact her own form of justice. (My oft-mentioned Spines/Dark and currently my only 50 on Homecoming.)

Eexie: The main protagonist of all the TRON-based stuff. Uses program control (Gravity) and white hat security and virus shenanigans (Ice Dom) to combat...

MAL-WARe: The virus that's been causing all of the trouble. He keeps evolving and spreading his corruptive control over rogue programs like the Monitor Lizard Buddy. His color palette and overall look are derived from the virus bad guys from TRON 2.0, but in terms of personality it's impossible for him to not be a smooth Megabyte-style motherfucker. (Stone Melee/Energy Aura. Was originally Stone/Dark on Live but I'm not going through that kind of end-devouring hassle twice.)

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Dec 15, 2019

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Those are all great.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Reality-rewriting programs is an inspired reflavoring for Grav/Cold. Gonna steal that too. :D

Unrelated, but what do people usually use AE tickets for? I've been dabbling in fire farming but haven't dug into my options.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

dexefiend posted:

Those are all great.

They really are.

My only inspiration was a Peacebringer named Doug Hammerskulls, but then I found out there's no gavel prop without having the mace set.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Platonicsolid posted:

Haha. Thanks, you can tell it's been a while.

And I'd stopped playing by the time all the Incarnate stuff rolled in. So I honestly have no idea.

Edit: Took a whack at changing things.
-Moved Overcharge to 32 (Tactics to 35, Body Armor at 38).
-Kept Overcharge six-sloted with Postron's Blast.
-Six-slotted Lancer Shot with Superior Blaster's Wrath.
-Slotted Karma -KB into Hover. Hover? Is that a good spot?
-Dropped End-Red from Maneuvers and Tactics to get slots, which seems fine, since I'm fairly positive on End.
-Slide Luck of the Gambler Global Recharge and Def/End into Maneuvers

From live I remember having Tactics in particular was very useful for boosting team to-hit, but maybe that's less-so now?

Could you export the data chunk so I could visualize this better, if you don't mind

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Mr. Maggy posted:

Could you export the data chunk so I could visualize this better, if you don't mind

Totally, appreciate the help

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/down...C0A7F01088A03CA

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Ghost of Starman posted:

Reality-rewriting programs is an inspired reflavoring for Grav/Cold. Gonna steal that too. :D

:D She's got a clutch of macros for power call-outs, too. Obviously she can suspend traffic, freeze baddies, the shields are naturally firewall protocols, etc. Snow Storm is actually inflicting packet loss and Dimension Shift is her shunting an area into a different partition. Only thing I don't think I ever quite figured out is what Sleet would be...

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

John Murdoch posted:

:D She's got a clutch of macros for power call-outs, too. Obviously she can suspend traffic, freeze baddies, the shields are naturally firewall protocols, etc. Snow Storm is actually inflicting packet loss and Dimension Shift is her shunting an area into a different partition. Only thing I don't think I ever quite figured out is what Sleet would be...

Bitcoin mining?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

John Murdoch posted:

:perfect:

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

John Murdoch posted:

DDOS?

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Let's see here.

Six slotting purples is rarely worth it due to their larger enhancement values, you hit up against the ED cap sooner. I'd make the occassional special case if the 6-slot value is a positional defense, though. There's a lot of places where you hit up against that value even using regular sets where it might be better to switch some slots around (from say, field operative, smoke grenade, or gun drone) to powers you've underslotted (single shot, charged shot, cutting beam)

Generally speaking, Everyone Loves Hasten.

Gaussian's proc should go either in: Aim (where you essentially control when it procs) or Tactics (the chance to proc for whatever reason scales up based on the number of people affected by tactics.)

Fly Speed is basically capped out the box, so those slots are also generally better used elsewhere.

I tinkered with it for a few minutes and made some changes that should be decent, but the last time I really did this was when the game was still with NCSoft, so.

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/down...BE5FF025800F664

Give that a shot.

Didn't touch anything powerwise to keep in concept beyond dropping Single Shot for Hasten.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

John Murdoch posted:

Eexie: The main protagonist of all the TRON-based stuff. Uses program control (Gravity) and white hat security and virus shenanigans (Ice Dom) to combat...

MAL-WARe: The virus that's been causing all of the trouble. He keeps evolving and spreading his corruptive control over rogue programs like the Monitor Lizard Buddy. His color palette and overall look are derived from the virus bad guys from TRON 2.0, but in terms of personality it's impossible for him to not be a smooth Megabyte-style motherfucker. (Stone Melee/Energy Aura. Was originally Stone/Dark on Live but I'm not going through that kind of end-devouring hassle twice.)

sorry for biting part of your costume but you gave me a real stupid idea for the most hated villain of all time

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i'm just really happy with this costume so i wanted to share it

energy/energy sentinel and lots of fun to play. character's a spoiled rich valley girl who's got a mutation that makes her an engineering super-genius, real queen bee type and absolutely just the worst, most self-absorbed person you'll ever meet

so basically just a girl version of tony stark i guess

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Hunter Noventa posted:

Bitcoin mining?

Bitcoin mining would clearly be a fire-based attack. And also probably literally trip mines from Devices for the next level pun. (I'm jotting that down for later. :ssh:)

I had the same thought but that feels more appropriate for Heat Loss, if only because it's the big tier 9 and affects both enemies and allies.

Aha, I think I've got it now... Sleet is her ICE breaker and/or decryption algorithm.

LordSaturn posted:

sorry for biting part of your costume but you gave me a real stupid idea for the most hated villain of all time

LOL. It's cool. Love the colors and it's rare to see that cape get some good use.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Mr. Maggy posted:

Let's see here.

Six slotting purples is rarely worth it due to their larger enhancement values, you hit up against the ED cap sooner. I'd make the occassional special case if the 6-slot value is a positional defense, though. There's a lot of places where you hit up against that value even using regular sets where it might be better to switch some slots around (from say, field operative, smoke grenade, or gun drone) to powers you've underslotted (single shot, charged shot, cutting beam)

Generally speaking, Everyone Loves Hasten.

Gaussian's proc should go either in: Aim (where you essentially control when it procs) or Tactics (the chance to proc for whatever reason scales up based on the number of people affected by tactics.)

Fly Speed is basically capped out the box, so those slots are also generally better used elsewhere.

I tinkered with it for a few minutes and made some changes that should be decent, but the last time I really did this was when the game was still with NCSoft, so.

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/down...BE5FF025800F664

Give that a shot.

Didn't touch anything powerwise to keep in concept beyond dropping Single Shot for Hasten.

Thanks! I was out of the game before it went down, and I never really mastered slotting, so the second look's appreciated. PEW PEW PEW!

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

Looks great! Is that her actual hair sticking out the top of power armor, or did she sculpt her hairstyle in metal? Either way I'm tempted to try and recreate some of her look for my Hawkeye-by-way-of-Ironheart archery Blaster. :D

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Platonicsolid posted:

Thanks! I was out of the game before it went down, and I never really mastered slotting, so the second look's appreciated. PEW PEW PEW!

I looked at this too, didn't scroll down to see your export link so i basically just picked your powers, made a couple changes then slotted them myself and this is what I ended up with.

-Purples and ATO sets are expensive. This build is relatively cheap. You could use this until you can afford purples.
-I focused on ranged def, since you're a flier. That meant a lot of Thunderstrike. Secondary focus was recharge, so also a lot of Posi's Blast.
-The first blaster power is never necessary once you have enough recharge, dropped Single Shot.
-Like Mr. Maggy says, Everyone Loves Hasten. Set it to auto by control-clicking it and forget about it. It's not perma here but it's still good.
-Took the primary/secondary powers as early as they're available. Put off Fly/Afterburner until 28/30. If you're exemping below those, use Ninja Run/Beast Run if you need to.
-With passive speed bonuses and one slot, Hover caps non-Afterburner flight speed anyway.
-Aim only gets its initial slot, and that gets Gaussian's build-up%. Due to the way PPM works you don't want to slot it with recharge. Use it, it will build-up most of the time for a massive damage boost for your next attack or two. Let global recharge refresh it. With Drone and Tactics you certainly don't need it for tohit.
-Field Operative gives twice as much recovery as Stamina. Leaned into that. Its Def is pathetic.
-Field Operative grants incomplete stealth. Put a +stealth in Combat Jumping and run both at once. Now you should be near-invisible.
-Maneuvers has Shield Wall +Res, Reactive Defenses +Res; Body Armor has Steadfast +Def, Gladiator's +Def, and Unbreakable +HP. These along with the 5 LoTG +Recharge (edit: and the Panacea +HP/End in Health) will be the most expensive enhancements of the build, mainly because they are so good everybody uses them all the time. They still won't be as pricey as any purple, though.

-Just general FYI, set IOs are always more efficient than generic invention IOs. Two Acc/Dams, even from different sets, will give you more acc and dam boost than one Acc IO and one Dam IO, as an example. You want to minimize common IO use.
-Also an FYI: On Homecoming, buy these sets as Attuned enhancements. Buy PVP and Very Rare (purple) IOs as level 50s. This is because PVP and Purple IOs keep their bonuses all the way down to level 1 already, while regular (Uncommon/Rare) set IOs only go down to their minimum level, and only if they are attuned. The only IOs in this build you should buy non-attuned are the Panacea in Health, the Shield Wall +Res in Maneuvers, and the Gladiator's Armor +Def in Body Armor.

I haven't played this myself, just going by your power picks, ymmv, etc.

Mids build link here!

code:
Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
[url]https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer[/url]

BeamDev: Level 50 Technology Blaster
Primary Power Set: Beam Rifle
Secondary Power Set: Devices
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Munitions Mastery

Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1:	Charged Shot			Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1:	Toxic Web Grenade		TraoftheH-Acc/Rchg(A), TraoftheH-EndRdx/Immob(7), TraoftheH-Acc/EndRdx(9), TraoftheH-Immob/Acc(9), TraoftheH-Acc/Immob/Rchg(11), TraoftheH-Dam%(11)
Level 2:	Cutting Beam			PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(13), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(13), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(15), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15)
Level 4:	Hasten				RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19)
Level 6:	Disintegrate			Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(21), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 8:	Aim				GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10:	Targeting Drone			AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(25)
Level 12:	Lancer Shot			Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(27), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 14:	Hover				LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Flight-I(31), LucoftheG-Def(31)
Level 16:	Smoke Grenade			ToHitDeb-I(A)
Level 18:	Penetrating Ray			ExcCnt-Acc/Dmg(A), ExcCnt-Dmg/EndRdx(31), ExcCnt-Dmg/ActRdx(33), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rng(33), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rchg(33), ExcCnt-Stun%(34)
Level 20:	Field Operative			LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), PrfShf-End%(34), PrfShf-EndMod(34), EndMod-I(36), LucoftheG-Def(36)
Level 22:	Maneuvers			LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(36), Rct-Def/EndRdx(37), Rct-ResDam%(37), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(37)
Level 24:	Combat Jumping			LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39), UnbLea-Stlth(40)
Level 26:	Piercing Beam			PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(39), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(39), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(40), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40)
Level 28:	Fly				BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 30:	Afterburner			LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32:	Overcharge			PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(42), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 35:	Body Armor			StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(43), UnbGrd-Max HP%(43), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-ResDam(45)
Level 38:	Gun Drone			ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(45), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(46), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(46), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(48)
Level 41:	Surveillance			TchofLadG-%Dam(A)
Level 44:	LRM Rocket			PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(50), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 47:	Tactics				AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(50)
Level 49:	Assault				EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1:	Brawl				Empty(A)
Level 1:	Defiance	
Level 1:	Quick Form	
Level 1:	Prestige Power Dash		Empty(A)
Level 1:	Prestige Power Slide		Empty(A)
Level 1:	Prestige Power Quick		Empty(A)
Level 1:	Prestige Power Rush		Empty(A)
Level 1:	Prestige Power Surge		Empty(A)
Level 1:	Sprint				Empty(A)
Level 2:	Rest				Empty(A)
Level 4:	Ninja Run	
Level 2:	Swift				Flight-I(A)
Level 2:	Health				Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2:	Hurdle				Jump-I(A)
Level 2:	Stamina				PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(17), EndMod-I(17)
------------
Possible changes from here:

-Maybe you don't care about stealth. You could pull the slot out of Combat Jumping then. You could then put the +Stealth in Sprint and just toggle in on situationally.
-The LotG +Def IOs in Combat Jumping, Field Operative, and Hover aren't really giving you very much, like .5 def each. These could be moved elsewhere if you want to.
-You could take Fly/Afterburner at 47 & 49 and Tactics/Assault at 28 & 30 if you're okay with using Ninja/Beast for travel most of the time you exemp. Hover should still be plenty fast enough to use within missions.

Yet another edit: I wasn't paying any attention to Disintegration. It's possible Single Shot might be more useful because of its relationship with that? Only way I'd know that is by playing it.

The Fighting pool Boxing/Tough/Weave would give you extra defense, possibly capping ranged def and getting s/l resist close to 50% (tried this just now, got ranged def to 43.1 and s/l res to 45). You could drop Fly/Afterburner if you're willing to travel with Ninja/Beast, then drop Hasten to free up a pool. The survivability boost would be very worth it when soloing, but not necessary on teams.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 16, 2019

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

just broadly speaking, what do people slot in resist damage powers? I'm eyeballing what could improve about my DA build - I guess just a 4-6 slot of some cheap RD set makes sense, but people always seem to have an opinion about which sets have the good bonuses and aren't too expensive on the AH...

EDIT: vvv do you mean reactive armor?

EDIT EDIT: it does seem like a 6-slot IO in an armor toggle is much less effective than a 5-slot IO in an attack, as compared to similar numbers of workbenches. attacks have at least four relevant things to buff, armor toggles you really only care about two things on each

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 16, 2019

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I slot impervious skin for the def bonuses usually, and don't forget the steadfast protection and gladiator's armor uniques.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Is there a consensus on which Patron Pool is best for Arachnos Soldiers? Mace Mastery seems like the thematic choice...

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Ghost of Starman posted:

Is there a consensus on which Patron Pool is best for Arachnos Soldiers? Mace Mastery seems like the thematic choice...

Only ones I've tried are Mace and Mu, but Mace's activation times feel really annoyingly slow. Mu's quick lighting zaps are much more fun to use.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ghost of Starman posted:

Looks great! Is that her actual hair sticking out the top of power armor, or did she sculpt her hairstyle in metal? Either way I'm tempted to try and recreate some of her look for my Hawkeye-by-way-of-Ironheart archery Blaster. :D

i hadn't thought about that and now i don't know. just figured it was her actual hair but the metal thing is ridiculous enough to be a good idea too

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Ghost of Starman posted:

Mace Mastery seems like the thematic choice...

Sharks go with any theme

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Ghost of Starman posted:

Can anyone help me get the ReShader thing from page 40-something set up?
Do I want to point the install at cityofheroes.exe or homecoming.exe? And D3d or OpenGL?

i had never tried this before, but i gave it a whirl since i got a new computer with a not poo poo gpu but all it does is give me a black screen with the ingame cursor if i point it at the hc-bin64 folder with opengl like afterburner tells me its using so i have no idea

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

Sea Lily posted:

i hadn't thought about that and now i don't know. just figured it was her actual hair but the metal thing is ridiculous enough to be a good idea too
:D I think I got most of the look nailed down (Mecha body and legs, Imperial Defense gloves+shoulders+boots if anybody else needs it); mind if I ask which of the auras she's using?

site posted:

i had never tried this before, but i gave it a whirl since i got a new computer with a not poo poo gpu but all it does is give me a black screen with the ingame cursor if i point it at the hc-bin64 folder with opengl like afterburner tells me its using so i have no idea

Yyyyeah, I got it to work eventually by pointing it not at the .exes in the COH main directory; it had to go in the hc-bin64 folder and then point at that cityofheroes.exe. I had to fiddle a bit to get past the black screen, but it did work; it more than doubled my load times though, and I didn't see enough of an improvement to really be excited about, so I uninstalled.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ghost of Starman posted:

:D I think I got most of the look nailed down (Mecha body and legs, Imperial Defense gloves+shoulders+boots if anybody else needs it); mind if I ask which of the auras she's using?

the pink glow around her is actually the Energy Aura defense set (just Kinetic Shield set to the Glow version), the flaring glow coming from her eyes is Bio Plasma

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
I just watched the women's 2019 Royal Rumble and now I have so many terrible ideas for characters....

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Today I'm just gonna knock out the rest of the existing digital crew.

Pixl the Sprite: Hey! Listen! An annoying game character thankfully working for the forces of good. Uses the height trick for maximum smol and thus looks amazing zipping around with Hover. (Mind Control/Trick Arrow)

Flame War: Self-explanatory. (Thugs/Thermal)

Don't mess with him or this happens:

Case Sensitive: Of all the backwater search engines full of past their prime algorithms, she had to navigate her way to mine. Obviously more than a little inspired by Nick Valentine, but honestly this was an instance where once I had the S-tier pun name I needed to make a character to go along with it no matter what. (Elec Blast/Devices)

Data Based: His exact level of evil remains to be seen, but he currently provides some extra muscle for MAL-WARe's corrupted cadre. (Kinetic Melee, so he can confidently flail his arms around at all times/Elec Armor. Also worth pointing out that Eexie's band of white hats are called the Data Baes. Two puns for the price of one. :haw:)

Cut Content: Self-explanatory. (Broadsword/SR)

Memory Leak: A hacker who spent too much time staring into the abyss, losing herself to the grid. Now runs around as what you could call a data vampire. (Ice/Psi Dom)

Double Click: This character was just born! :toot: I cooked up the costume back alongside a bunch of these others, but I hit the saturation point on character concepts and trying to pick out distinct powersets and I just kinda gave up. But now she gets to live again, because obviously she's Dual Pistols/SR. And yes, she is also maximum smol. Bio: The 'net's tiniest and most infamouse troubleshooter. She'll steal...or delete...anything you want, assuming you've got the cheese.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 17, 2019

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

Today I'm just gonna knock out the rest of the existing digital crew.

Pixl the Sprite: Hey! Listen! An annoying game character thankfully working for the forces of good. Uses the height trick for maximum smol and thus looks amazing zipping around with Hover. (Mind Control/Trick Arrow)

OK, but Tatl never said Hey! Listen!…

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
yo this dude means business

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Freakazoid_ posted:

yo this dude means business

Time for goons to make Regen characters and flood PvP!

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

John Murdoch posted:

Uses the height trick for maximum smol
Anyone got the instructions for this glitch handy?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Kheldarn posted:

OK, but Tatl never said Hey! Listen!…

Not actually where I took the name from. :ssh:

Fearless_Decoy posted:

I actually had to go dig it back up to make sure I was doing it right for Double Click. :v:

Make your costume as you like, set all the stuffs as you want then save the costume to file. Open the costume file in the text editor of your choice and change whatever nonsense is listed in the Scale line (just "Scale") to -36. Load the costume file in-game and then go to town. Note that -36 is the lowest you can go across the board, while Huge and only Huge characters can gain some extra swoleness by going up to (positive) 36. This can and will break if you access any of the tailors that allow you to tweak sliders, requiring you to re-load the costume file.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 17, 2019

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Fearless_Decoy posted:

-Go to the costume changer in the back of the Steel Icon, it has a special name that I forget, which lets you change your gender & body scales
-Set up everything about your costume as you want it
-Export the costume to a file. Open the .costume file in notepad or similar
-Right at the top will be the "Scale" setting. If you're as short as the normal UI allows I believe it will be -33. Change this to -36.
-Import the .costume file and immediately Next etc and save
-I assume if you go back to the scales screen after opening this file it'll reset your height to the minimum, I just re-import the .costume as the last step and immediately next-next-finish

I was just looking at the blaster sets and the primaries that look like they'll work for a flier (ranged nuke) are archery, elec, ice, water; and the secondaries good for range look like dev, tactical arrow, plant, and maybe time (non-pbaoe sustains), so I'm gonna make a cupid.

EDIT gently caress BEATEN OH NO, but it's important to note that outside of character creation only specific NPCs in icon/facemaker are able to change your body scales.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 17, 2019

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Ali Aces posted:

I was just looking at the blaster sets and the primaries that look like they'll work for a flier (ranged nuke) are archery, elec, ice, water; and the secondaries good for range look like dev, tactical arrow, plant, and maybe time (non-pbaoe sustains), so I'm gonna make a cupid.

You missed Beam Rifle.

in other blaster-related news I'm actually kinda stuck with picking my next power for my Dual Pistols/Ninjutsu blaster. I've heard that smoke flash is broken and isn't actually placating at the moment and I dunno if blinding powder is very good...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Time for goons to make Regen characters and flood PvP!

I'm not sure I have the integridy for it.