Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prokhor posted:

Bring back the tribunal I wanna see the logs

im curious too but probs not worth more effort than screenshot and lol about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
False positives aren't common at all and nobodies ever been banned/restricted on SA without earning it but you get a pass if you're chill about it or don't care much

IOWA STATE CYCLNES 4 life

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Yea there's no false positives friends. I have been chat banned exactly once and I absolutely deserve it because I berated some dude all game for being awful (he was, but that doesn't justify it).

If you got chat banned you said something stupid in chat at some point - even if it's just some of the auto-ban buzzwords.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i never got chat restricted, you have to go out of your way to get chat restricted. i got report trolled by premades before... they never did anything

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

pog boyfriend posted:

i never got chat restricted, you have to go out of your way to get chat restricted. i got report trolled by premades before... they never did anything
I've played since season 1 and I've never even gotten the popup saying to chill out before you get a chat restriction because nothing someone says in a 30 minute game is going to matter to me two weeks later

My rap sheet is a different story

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

pog boyfriend posted:

You don't even have to go out of your way. One game calling someone worthless, bad, etc., is enough to get you chat restricted if folks report you.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Mikujin posted:

You don't even have to go out of your way. One game calling someone worthless, bad, etc., is enough to get you chat restricted if folks report you.
That's also not true though, the system weighs people who report someone every game vs someone who rarely reports and doesn't punish you that bad for "One bad game" unless you were straight up using nono words all game. Being passive aggressive one game out of like 60 is never going to get you banned (Unless you just straight up played against a vindictive Rioter)

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

I actively tell ppl they're mathematically bad, tell the enemy team someone on mine has said Hitler words when they haven't necessarily, say the game was very easy after every match etc. and I've never seen one of those messages and drowning in honor orbs

what sort of monster are you

strong bird
May 12, 2009

wangsbig and i say "X (player who was bad on our team) said the n word 6,405,103 times in team chat" in the post game chat 50% of the time and neither of us have ever been muted

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

y’all back to the Just World Theory

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

RealFoxy posted:

That's also not true though, the system weighs people who report someone every game vs someone who rarely reports and doesn't punish you that bad for "One bad game" unless you were straight up using nono words all game. Being passive aggressive one game out of like 60 is never going to get you banned (Unless you just straight up played against a vindictive Rioter)
Counterpoint: that's not true, it's just what people keep whispering into the Reddit echo-chamber.

Having never been chat-banned prior, I was handed a 7 day chat ban (like a year or two ago) for a single game. I did not use any "no-no" words, but aggressively picked on a single player for being bad and making mistakes and poor decisions. Like, completely and utterly berated him. When I was chat-banned, I was informed of why (I'm not sure if I had to reach out to support), and it was exclusively for my extremely toxic behavior in that single game.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

RealFoxy posted:

False positives aren't common at all and nobodies ever been banned/restricted on SA without earning it but you get a pass if you're chill about it or don't care much

IOWA STATE CYCLNES 4 life

i got chat restricted once (well-deserved) and then a few games after it ended (i was on good behaviour) i played against a rioter that went something like blitz top and went 0/74 and i told them at the end of the game "hey when you do dumb poo poo like that it ruins the game for everyone else because its not really fun playing a game to a foregone conclusion (we won insanely hard) because you're feeling wacky" and his dumbass sycophant friends started yelling poo poo at me and then i was chat restricted like an hour later

and yes i was careful in how i told him this. i used basically those words (probably didnt swear), didnt insult or berate them, didnt press the issue

RealFoxy posted:

they've explicitly said that one or ten reports have no difference in value so i dont know how the first part of this can be true

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 17, 2019

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Mikujin posted:

Counterpoint: that's not true, it's just what people keep whispering into the Reddit echo-chamber.

Having never been chat-banned prior, I was handed a 7 day chat ban (like a year or two ago) for a single game. I did not use any "no-no" words, but aggressively picked on a single player for being bad and making mistakes and poor decisions. Like, completely and utterly berated him. When I was chat-banned, I was informed of why (I'm not sure if I had to reach out to support), and it was exclusively for my extremely toxic behavior in that single game.

The nono words do you get you banned, though. Using those gets you banned faster because an AI can pick them out of the chat log and dump a punishment on you regardless of circumstances whereas being a toxic dick who doesn't use specific words means an actual person has to read your chat logs, which may never happen if you don't get flagged very often and aren't flagged by multiple people.

In other words, you can get lucky just being a dick without using the auto-ban words because you might never hit the threshold for review, whereas the AI reads all the logs for targeted words/phrases. All this together means that you probably did deserve the ban when you get it because you either used a flagged word or someone looked at the logs and decided those reports were 100% right.

The only false positives are the extremely rare "I used a combination of words that spell out a nono word between the first words ending and the second words beginning and the AI picked that out as me trying to sneak it in" that I've heard as an excuse but have never actually seen an example of that made any sense.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

TheAnomaly posted:

The nono words do you get you banned, though. Using those gets you banned faster because an AI can pick them out of the chat log and dump a punishment on you regardless of circumstances whereas being a toxic dick who doesn't use specific words means an actual person has to read your chat logs, which may never happen if you don't get flagged very often and aren't flagged by multiple people.

In other words, you can get lucky just being a dick without using the auto-ban words because you might never hit the threshold for review, whereas the AI reads all the logs for targeted words/phrases. All this together means that you probably did deserve the ban when you get it because you either used a flagged word or someone looked at the logs and decided those reports were 100% right.

The only false positives are the extremely rare "I used a combination of words that spell out a nono word between the first words ending and the second words beginning and the AI picked that out as me trying to sneak it in" that I've heard as an excuse but have never actually seen an example of that made any sense.

this is the game where there's no checks to ensure you don't name your account BLACKIESLAYER1488, are you telling me theres actually an automated process where it bans people who use slurs

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

its kys on a nokia phone

yes someone in my game had this name

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

strong bird posted:

this is the game where there's no checks to ensure you don't name your account BLACKIESLAYER1488, are you telling me theres actually an automated process where it bans people who use slurs

It's not fully automated. If your account gets enough reports to have the game flagged for review, a bot scans the logs and see's if you said any specific words that aren't allowed (and I do believe racism only requires one report for a review flag). If any of those words are found, you are automatically and immediately chat banned and then put into the escalating punishment system. If you didn't say any of their specific disallowed words then you are just flagged for review and someone might get around to it maybe, supposedly based on how often you are reported and how often the people in your game report other players but I've never seen anything but anecdotal evidence of that.

The name system also bans certain words, and getting around those bans by using other terms is itself bannable. In theory the uber-racist clan names brought up earlier are all bannable but, once again, that requires an actual person to take a look at them and that may or may not ever happen and even if it does the people who make those kind of clans will just make another account and make another lovely racist clan.

EDIT: I should point out that I'm the advisor for the campus gaming club of the high school I teach at, and this was a Riot employee's response to the question about how bans work when we took a tour there in LA a couple of years ago. Things may be different now, and that information may not actually be factual - it could just be Riots pre-generated response to that particular question.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

strong bird posted:

wangsbig and i say "X (player who was bad on our team) said the n word 6,405,103 times in team chat" in the post game chat 50% of the time and neither of us have ever been muted

yeah until recently there was no way at all to report anyone for post game chat and afaik it doesn't have the same automatic monitoring as in game chat so, good work gumshoe the mystery has been solved

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Slaapaav posted:

its kys on a nokia phone

yes someone in my game had this name

haha that's great

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
I have been playing this game since lux came out and I have definitely lost my cool and called people retarded before, more than once.

Not once have I even seen a warning, let alone a restriction

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

sett...

is hot

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Extra Tasty posted:

sett...

is hot

:agreed:

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Umbreon posted:

I have been playing this game since lux came out and I have definitely lost my cool and called people retarded before, more than once.

Not once have I even seen a warning, let alone a restriction

I said human being once ("you type like a human being", classy, I know) and skipped the chatban and went right to a two-week full ban.

I think if I get reported for anything at all at this point, no matter how small, I lose the account. Pretty sure that status won't ever lift, either

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Elephunk posted:

I said human being once ("you type like a human being", classy, I know) and skipped the chatban and went right to a two-week full ban.

I think if I get reported for anything at all at this point, no matter how small, I lose the account. Pretty sure that status won't ever lift, either

I've done the same, though I may not have been reported for it (it was directed towards my brother, and we've been calling each other that since shortly after we were born and would never say it to anyone else)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I’ve called people retards when they were being retarded, meaning in champ select they promise to troll and then start running it down mid, or selling items and going afk for not getting a blue buff and ruining winnable games with petty bullshit and got I chat restricted once but that’s all I can remember

I’d rather be on a team with someone who calls me retarded than a pubbie midlaner who links a discord chat and then starts taking bong hits before the game and every time he dies

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Extra Tasty posted:

sett...

is hot

finally, a good opinion in this thread

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

calling league players retarded is an insult to our intellectually disabled friends, who are on the whole much more pleasant and less socially stunted than the average gamer.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Toxic Mental posted:

I’ve called people retards when they were being retarded, meaning in champ select they promise to troll and then start running it down mid, or selling items and going afk for not getting a blue buff and ruining winnable games with petty bullshit and got I chat restricted once but that’s all I can remember

I’d rather be on a team with someone who calls me retarded than a pubbie midlaner who links a discord chat and then starts taking bong hits before the game and every time he dies

U've been chat restricted on SA for the same thing lmao

Bong pubbie sounds like more fun. I've hovered Zoe jungle and ain't nobody called me that smh. They did later confess that they'd have alt-f4'd but yknow that's just being fair.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

I’ve called people retards when they were being retarded

go away

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
don't soraka in aram retards

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Toxic Mental posted:

I’ve called people retards when they were being retarded,

I genuinely haven't met someone who actually still says this poo poo since like early high school. It's just kind of baffling to me that there are adults who think this is ok, I assumed that people who say that stuff in games are just tweens. The more you know I guess.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Drakes posted:

don't soraka in aram retards

Its going to happen. Just deal. I've had pubbies want to play her so badly they'd spam all their rerolls and crash the queue if that didn't work. Idk why either.

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.

Elephunk posted:

This is the state of my account too, except it wasn't for flaming but instead trying to faceplant against a fed 11/2 swain as a 0/10 taliyah multiple times when drunk

Also what Soraka in aram is fun, it's so easy to hit her E root and set up the most obvious kills

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Toxic Mental posted:

Lol found the kid who would curse around their friends but immediately narc on them the minute they smell of weed

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Polderjoch posted:

This is the state of my account too, except it wasn't for flaming but instead trying to faceplant against a fed 11/2 swain as a 0/10 taliyah multiple times when drunk

It's gotta be for something else. I've definitely fed my rear end off a few times trying new champions or trying to learn to play akali after a few drinks and I've never even gotten a warning.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

my friend (several seasons ago) got a 24 hr chat ban for responding to someone "hey just cause someone's having a bad game doesn't mean you can just start calling them n-word" and since he typed it out I guess the automatic mod stuff flagged him.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

TheTofuShop posted:

my friend (several seasons ago) got a 24 hr chat ban for responding to someone "hey just cause someone's having a bad game doesn't mean you can just start calling them n-word" and since he typed it out I guess the automatic mod stuff flagged him.

that never happened. there are no false positives. we have always been at war with indo-china

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
call people brain damaged because league rots your brain making the term accurate

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.

Elvis_Maximus posted:

It's gotta be for something else. I've definitely fed my rear end off a few times trying new champions or trying to learn to play akali after a few drinks and I've never even gotten a warning.

It wasn't, the link in the feedback linked to that match and after I took it up to support they basically just told me to not be an inting rear end in a top hat at first and then to not play drunk.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Polderjoch posted:

It wasn't, the link in the feedback linked to that match and after I took it up to support they basically just told me to not be an inting rear end in a top hat at first and then to not play drunk.

Huh, I didn't think feeding was reportable unless you were doing it obviously on purpose or something. That's pretty surprising, maybe the support person was just having a bad day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Huh, I didn't think feeding was reportable unless you were doing it obviously on purpose or something. That's pretty surprising, maybe the support person was just having a bad day

It tends to be rarer, since the reporting system's usually much more lenient unless the number of deaths is exceptionally egregious.