Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Dr. Killjoy posted:

wait is this a tradcath thing? left can’t meme indeed.

I've only ever seen it as a forced meme on like /v/ and poo poo. A weird pushback against the huge chunk of that website that interacts with media exclusively by how hard the girls in whatever makes them.

There's like 20 different kinds of 'oomers at this point. One for every kind of internet person that annoys you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I've only ever seen it as a forced meme on like /v/ and poo poo. A weird pushback against the huge chunk of that website that interacts with media exclusively by how hard the girls in whatever makes them.

There's like 20 different kinds of 'oomers at this point. One for every kind of internet person that annoys you.

so it's chan's answer to "horny is prohibited" ?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Sedisp posted:

Of all the historical examples we have yes they do.

Hitler came to power because the liberals in power allied with the Nazis out of pearl clutching over leftists beating up Nazis.

There's some game now called Secret Hitler where the team against Hitler getting elected is called the Liberals.

I make sure I bring this up whenever people talk about it

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Sedisp posted:

Of all the historical examples we have yes they do.

Hitler came to power because the liberals in power allied with the Nazis out of pearl clutching over leftists beating up Nazis.

Fwiw it was a conservative government in power that appointed Hitler not liberals.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Business Gorillas posted:

There's some game now called Secret Hitler where the team against Hitler getting elected is called the Liberals.

i think about this a lot

it's a game about not being able to tell whose who

figured C-Spam would be all over it

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

Business Gorillas posted:

The game mechanic is that the fascists all know exactly who they and their desired leader are, while the liberals literally close their eyes and don't know anything, and their success depends on them figuring out true allegiances and working in unison despite the fascist team trying to stir poo poo and muddy the waters.

It's extremely on the nose.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Alan Smithee posted:

so it's chan's answer to "horny is prohibited" ?

the first time i ever saw it a few months ago it was used exactly like that

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

01011001 posted:

yep. there are plenty of people who support the current president who's filling concentration camps because he made taxes go down. the end result matters way more than why

not taxes on them specifically just the concept of taxes in general

Mr Interweb posted:

i don't know if you're joking, but those are zoomers, i believe

you are missing a few a few cohorts in between there

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
How are people finding out about Secret Hitler just now, it was all over the internet on release.

I even have the edition that comes with stickers to turn it into Secret Trump.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Finicums Wake posted:

the pic even says SATIRE RATED
they’re also doubling down on the face blindness

https://twitter.com/ipet_isut/status/1206880441996906497?s=20

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Facehammer posted:

The game mechanic is that the fascists all know exactly who they and their desired leader are, while the liberals literally close their eyes and don't know anything, and their success depends on them figuring out true allegiances and working in unison despite the fascist team trying to stir poo poo and muddy the waters.

It's extremely on the nose.

Is there the equivalent of Merlin in Avalon, the leftist who knows who is a fascist but who can't actually reveal it because otherwise the libs would turn on them?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Secret Hitler just sounds like Mafia/werewolf?

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
it's very similar but comes with a slick board and a "topical" political theme. some people say that the obsession with a conspiracy of reptilian elites trying to take over society who have to be stopped by any means necessary has unfortunate connotations but i disagree

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

brugroffil posted:

Secret Hitler just sounds like Mafia/werewolf?

Its basically The Resistance/Avalon with a slightly more complicated and random mission resolution

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
i really enjoyed playing secret hitler with friends and family until i realized that MY WIFE draws "fascist" and wins every single time, except the one time i drew hitler and she immediately figured me out and won the game in under ten minutes

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

My game of secret hitler is figuring out which of my coworkers reveals that despite being jovial and friendly they literally vote for fascists.

End of match: Italian colleague postal votes for Lega

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
cross post from Trump thread

from the county next to me:

https://www.woodtv.com/news/allegan-county/public-defends-questions-fennville-commissioner/

quote:

The packed room of roughly 50 people were there to hear from Morgan Bolles, who attended his first meeting in a commissioner capacity after facing questions about his criminal past and affiliation with the Proud Boys.

“They are pro-freedom, maximum freedom, limited government,” Bolles said after being questioned directly during public comment. “They want the veneration of the housewife. That’s not a demand for them to stay at home, but the ones who do want to stay at home, we should praise them for raising our children. Not going to a babysitter or anything like that. They’re anti-racist and they want to promote entrepreneurship. Those are the reasons why I keep them in my company.”

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Bullfrog posted:

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1206702453338411009

remember when the 12th LGBTQ cavalry division defeated the rebels at Tobacco Gulch in 1864?

frankly i'm impressed by the accidental honesty of the confederate assholes, like yeah the confederacy would have been a bunch of homophobes on top of everything else thanks for the northern supremacy reminder

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Ugato posted:

they’re also doubling down on the face blindness

https://twitter.com/ipet_isut/status/1206880441996906497?s=20

drat she’s also in the 20 year old Czech documentary Little Otik where she coddles a wooden homunculus

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Well, I know what my nightmares will be about tonight now, so thanks for that

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

He cuts them in half?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Azathoth posted:

He cuts them in half?

He flips around a lot at them, but inevitably they overwhelm him.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I mean in his analogy he’s the one getting cut in half by a 5 year old

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Ugato posted:

I mean in his analogy he’s the one getting cut in half by a 5 year old

Wait, given his height are we sure he hasn't already been cut in half by a five year old?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Wait, given his height are we sure he hasn't already been cut in half by a five year old?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXdrDNGte1E

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Captain_Maclaine posted:

No no no. He was cut in half when he was five years old.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

uber_stoat posted:

it's like that horror movie where the couple adopts a child but the child turns out to be a murderous midget. do not trust her!!!
FYI, that word is a slur, "dwarf" is preferred.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

ahahaha

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

What’s Ben even trying to say? he dominates five year olds...?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mr Interweb posted:

that's it? isn't there more to it?

i don't know if you're joking, but those are zoomers, i believe

a lot of alt right people are obsessed with masturbation sapping your Bodily Fluids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21jA4k3rc0E

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

a lot of alt right people are obsessed with masturbation sapping your Bodily Fluids.

yeah its some weird bodily control thing thats an extension of the ideology

a while back someone posted an article by a female doctor who studies sex and biology (forget the exact details) and basically the guy who ran NoFap was organizing and encouraging harassment of her for daring to point out that there is no biological benefit to not jerking off

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
https://twitter.com/Put_it_to_1000/status/1179928509046763520?s=20%5C

speaking of which I just discovered that there's a rivalry between Tradcaths and Orthodox Church altrighters
what's their deal!?
they even have their own youtube debates!
https://twitter.com/Jay_D007/status/1205997089840402433?s=20

i just opened this guy's book about "Esoteric Hollywood" and now this phenomena is more interesting than anything he's got written so far!

Dr. Killjoy has issued a correction as of 01:13 on Dec 18, 2019

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Dr. Killjoy posted:

speaking of which I just discovered that there's a rivalry between Tradcaths and Orthodox Church altrighters
what's their deal!?

the great-schism-gazhi aint goin away

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

They adopted religion as an aesthetic but they just argue online since everybody else in their Church is wierded out by then, assuming they even do church

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Agean90 posted:

They adopted religion as an aesthetic but they just argue online since everybody else in their Church is wierded out by then, assuming they even do church

I assume every tradcath who isn't very publicly part of one of the groups that split off after Vatican 1 or 2 is sedevacantist and hasn't been inside a church in a decade or more

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

cumshitter posted:

yeah its some weird bodily control thing thats an extension of the ideology

a while back someone posted an article by a female doctor who studies sex and biology (forget the exact details) and basically the guy who ran NoFap was organizing and encouraging harassment of her for daring to point out that there is no biological benefit to not jerking off

Level One: Internet manchildren incorrectly arguing about female genitalia to actual women.
Level Two: Internet manchildren incorrectly arguing about their own genitalia to a woman.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Dr. Killjoy posted:

I'm going to guess the general alt-right obsession with how awesome the crusaders were pisses off the Russian and Greek nazis.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Azathoth posted:

I assume every tradcath who isn't very publicly part of one of the groups that split off after Vatican 1 or 2 is sedevacantist and hasn't been inside a church in a decade or more

And I assume every neo-Russian Orthodox is really into their strident anti-LGBTQ stance and leadership by cadre of bearded volcels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Mary Annette posted:

And I assume every neo-Russian Orthodox is really into their strident anti-LGBTQ stance and leadership by cadre of bearded volcels.

Orthodox priests can be married and have sex with their wives all they want though.