Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
"It might just be an old version of the circle game, let's not rush to conclusions."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Seriously whats with the rush to obfuscate reality here? It's glaringly obvious when someone is doing the white power sign and when someone is doing something else.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Virtual Russian posted:

Seriously whats with the rush to obfuscate reality here? It's glaringly obvious when someone is doing the white power sign and when someone is doing something else.

to us. conservatives want to deny that there is a white supremacy problem and liberals are naive idiots.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

For sure, but why is the dissent coming from inside the thread

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
if only there were some independently verifiable and entirely unrelated evidence that the armed forces is rife with white supremacists

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Virtual Russian posted:

For sure, but why is the dissent coming from inside the thread

Some posters are stupid as gently caress and will defend anything given the right moment, which is always when their interpretation demands further analysis, which is when they post

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
every poster has a stupid hill they will die on

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Oh well, I guess I look really silly now for calling people who wanted to spank her pedos.

You got me again, conservatives.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CharlestheHammer posted:

every poster has a stupid hill they will die on

for some, its making a distinction between the circle game and fascism

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Siljmonster posted:

for some, its making a distinction between the circle game and fascism

A: I bet there is some solid overlap there

B: it's extremely obvious which is which

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Epic High Five posted:

also lol the reason a lot of people supported Nazism is because they were super on board with the platform of the Nazis, it had nothing to do with anti-communist poo poo which came out after the war. Americans got on board with it because big business had a mega boner for Hitler and the press spent every day until the war talking about how wonderful Hitler was

nobody is "tricked" by fascism, not least of all liberals who flock to it like moths to a flame in times of unrest

there's an argument that many business leaders and other wealthy sociopaths supported naziism as the alternative to a more distributive ideology once it became clear that the status-quo was unsustainable. but ultimately, saying that someone supported genocide and world war just for their personal financial benefit is basically just a longer way of saying they were nazis

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

There's more than an arguement, the business plot literally had being friendly to the Nazi regime as a goal

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

there's an argument that many business leaders and other wealthy sociopaths supported naziism as the alternative to a more distributive ideology once it became clear that the status-quo was unsustainable. but ultimately, saying that someone supported genocide and world war just for their personal financial benefit is basically just a longer way of saying they were nazis

German businesses were extremely on board with the Nazis plans to crush the left and abolish liberal democracy in Germany in like '34 even if they weren't on board with the whole ideology

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Yeah the fash value proposition to the ruling class is that they'll murder the communists and liberals and keep the working class in line. And conservative responses range from "I find you uncouth but I'm excited about the killing and enslaving part" to "I'm sure you'll be happy to do whatever I tell you in exchange for access to the power I have" to "gently caress yeah, finally I can feel comfortable being the monster I've always been inside".

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

sorry, quick question; what the heck is a 'coomer'?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why do so many conservative twitter usernames have a random string of numbers after the actual word? Is it just what twitter suggests when a name is already taken?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Why do so many conservative twitter usernames have a random string of numbers after the actual word? Is it just what twitter suggests when a name is already taken?

Yep, and it's also a data point indicating they might be a bot, since generating unique usernames is difficult, but slapping on numbers to a smaller set of generic names is easy.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mr Interweb posted:

someone who jerks off

Dec 26, 2012

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

yep. there are plenty of people who support the current president who's filling concentration camps because he made taxes go down. the end result matters way more than why

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Mr Interweb posted:

the generation after boomer, obviously

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/jasonjav/status/1206433086705164289?s=20

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

Epic High Five posted:

nobody is "tricked" by fascism, not least of all liberals who flock to it like moths to a flame in times of unrest

Liberals come to fascism consciously and willingly?

My impression of fascism is that it's a reactionary movement within a liberal democracy when the oppressor class sees itself losing ground to social progress; like a rash that breaks out on some cainotophobic peckerwood when a black man is elected into the oval office that festers and spreads as it's scratched.

I know that liberals help pave the way for fascism, but I always thought that was a result of being guileless idiots whose unrequited fetish for decorum and fair play make them uniquely susceptible to malignant sophistry rather than any genuine malice.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gizmoduck_5000 posted:

My impression of fascism is that it's a reactionary movement within a liberal democracy when the oppressor class sees itself losing ground to social progress; like a rash that breaks out on some cainotophobic peckerwood when a black man is elected into the oval office that festers and spreads as it's scratched.

I know that liberals help pave the way for fascism, but I always thought that was a result of being guileless idiots whose unrequited fetish for decorum and fair play make them uniquely susceptible to malignant sophistry rather than any genuine malice.

Ya it's a thousand percent sincere lol

Look at how many are already promising to vote Trump or sabotage Bernie to ensure Trump wins if the primary doesn't go their way. Look at how many 2008 Clinton voters voted for McCain

These people are oath breakers, they don't actually believe in anything, their entire ideology is to keep things as they are and to make things worse out of spite if ever pressed to actually improve things

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gizmoduck_5000 posted:

yes, history has proven this over and over again, even within the last 100 years!

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Gizmoduck_5000 posted:

Of all the historical examples we have yes they do.

Hitler came to power because the liberals in power allied with the Nazis out of pearl clutching over leftists beating up Nazis.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Kurtofan posted:

Why is this person not beat to poo poo

it's a start :)

Vandals have defaced the artwork and property of an Iowa man who displayed paintings of Confederate flags and swastikas in his front yard.

The vandal or vandals scrawled the words “Nazi scum” on a trailer and the pickup parked at William Stark's house in Des Moines and spray-painted over several of the wooden pallets in his yard on which he had painted the Confederate battle flag, the Des Moines Register reported.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Good.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

quote:

Taylor said that she didn't think punishing the students for displaying the Confederate flag would make a difference.

"They did it off of hatred in retaliation, but I don't think you can change their minds by giving them a punishment," she said. "Is it really going to do much? Especially because there are people who agree with them. They're not alone at all."

“Sure, they did a hateful thing, but we absolutely shouldn’t teach children that actions have consequences. Also, some people agree with them which makes it totally fine. :downs:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Comrade Koba posted:

“Sure, they did a hateful thing, but we absolutely shouldn’t teach children that actions have consequences. Also, some people agree with them which makes it totally fine. :downs:

Note that school administration said that the children who brought banners were equally wrong - both the ones who brought pride flags to give out and the ones that flew a traitors' flag.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

Note that school administration said that the children who brought banners were equally wrong - both the ones who brought pride flags to give out and the ones that flew a traitors' flag.

Missourah!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Hellsau posted:

Zero tolerance or all tolerance

Both sides

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

the pic even says SATIRE RATED

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

well here's some good news in one case involving confederates at least:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELrTmovUYAA8e4c?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Sedisp posted:

Hitler came to power because the liberals in power allied with the Nazis out of pearl clutching over leftists beating up Nazis.
the centre party was conservative catholic not liberal, by the time the NSDAP really started picking up steam liberal parties were no longer serious political players

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

someone who jerks off

that's it? isn't there more to it?

TotalHell posted:

the generation after boomer, obviously

i don't know if you're joking, but those are zoomers, i believe

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mr Interweb posted:

well here's some good news in one case involving confederates at least:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELrTmovUYAA8e4c?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Do they have the means to stop it though

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

Do they have the means to stop it though

i'm sure they can afford a dozen sledgehammers

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Mr Interweb posted:

that's it? isn't there more to it?

i don't know if you're joking, but those are zoomers, i believe

that's all it is, it's just "cummer" pronounced like "boomer" as an insult

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
wait is this a tradcath thing? left can’t meme indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Soy Division posted:

the centre party was conservative catholic not liberal, by the time the NSDAP really started picking up steam liberal parties were no longer serious political players

And they loved finding the answer in the middle.