Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Why not Sheamus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Cavauro posted:

Why not Sheamus

he kicked out a guy's tooth once

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bryan's skin gets thinner as the years go by.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whinin' alvarez

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Even if Charlotte didn't know, she should have. Bryan is a dumb gently caress right here.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Bryan and Dave never say anything bad about Charlotte because Ric is one of their sources.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i too wouldn’t wrestle sasha to save her from herself. i am a normal man saying normal things.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

fatherofmustard posted:

Bryan and Dave never say anything bad about Charlotte because Ric is one of their sources.

Dave at least said that Charlotte was at fault and it was bad on the latest WOR, even if he spent most of the rest of the segment talking about the referees/producers etc not doing their job properly (which, to be fair, they didn't).

Cavauro posted:

Why not Sheamus

If I recall right, I believe Sheamus is one of those guys who just hits people really hard as a matter of course.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Can’t get hurt wrestling if no one will wrestle you (taps head)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Does sheamus still hit people very hard when he knows they are concussed?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

does Sheamus even wrestle anymore? he's gotta be like 50 now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

coconono posted:

does Sheamus even wrestle anymore? he's gotta be like 50 now.

They've played a couple of vignettes of him declaring he's coming back in the last 2-3 weeks.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

yeah dave didn't even really say anything bad about it, he was pretty clear about Charlotte loving up. bryan is the one doing this bizarre song and dance

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I guess he came back as his old self and doesn't look stupid anymore?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

I guess he came back as his old self and doesn't look stupid anymore?

he’s still ginger

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Edit: not quite sure how I ended up in this thread,. Whoops!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Crossposting:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i like bryan a lot but he's a very dumb person

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Low Desert Punk posted:

i like bryan a lot but he's a very dumb person

Sometimes I think part of the reason I like him so much is because he's a very dumb person :shobon:

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Jerusalem posted:

Sometimes I think part of the reason I like him so much is because he's a very dumb person :shobon:

his idiocy is literally his entire/only appeal

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jimmy havoc, is the anonymous

and how dare you disrepect Spicy Karl. I will loving stab you.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, if I was Havoc I'd be mad that some random dude trained for like 6 months by Shibata is a fantastic worker when I've been wrestling for like 15 years and still move like I'm underwater.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, if I was Havoc I'd be mad that some random dude trained for like 6 months by Shibata is a fantastic worker when I've been wrestling for like 15 years and still move like I'm underwater.

and dresses nicer, has better manners and slightly broader music tastes.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
You'd think a guy with that many scars would be less of a thin skinned little bitch

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I know it's fun to assume it's Jimmy but I feel like he would have to know that being a handsome young lion in New Japan right now is a pretty great place to be in terms of career prospects

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

You'd think a guy with that many scars would be less of a thin skinned little bitch

Dude is just living the gimmick of being a stereotypical emokid entering middle age and still not having moved on.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I agree with this in the "people who wanted the attitude era back are crying because they got exactly what they wanted" sense, not any hypothetical "actually this is good" sense

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Suge's totally right that this is very "Attitude Era."

I am comfortable saying that because I don't think I've once asked for the return of the Attitude Era.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think people just want a show they can enjoy, and they'd take any era they can get if it delivers that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I used to call for a return to the AE stuff until WWE started sullenly putting stuff up on their network. I then realized it was all bad. Aside from the Rock/Austin matches there are no real matches of import and certainly no hidden bangers.

I went back and watched old ECW stuff. Other than a few ECW on TNN episodes and poo poo that's been on comps a zillion times, it was all crap.

WCW, surprisingly, holds up the best.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In a lot of ways even calling for the return of the Attitude Era is a lot like Jim Cornette complaining that everything isn't 1970s Georgia. That poo poo was 25 years ago. Same with ECW. I loved ECW. But that was then and this is now. What was cool and trendy and different and exciting is not anymore. Its just nostalgia for a bygone time.

But yeah, people are doing it because they don't like what WWE is giving them. They're unsatisfied so their pining for a time when they weren't. While I agree with Suge that this is very "Attitude" poo poo if he's doing it to shove it in fans faces that they shouldn't complain then its a stupid "just like whatever is given to you" attitude. But that would seem like a weird case to be made from Sugar Dunkerton of all people. He's not exactly a WWE talent or WWE mold or anything.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
ecw ruled

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

disagree. PSP-TV thought it would be fun to watch all the old ECW PPVs. by about 20 minutes into the first one, we'd gone from 24 viewers to 4 that were still chatting about something completely unrelated. ECW stinks.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

coconono posted:

I used to call for a return to the AE stuff until WWE started sullenly putting stuff up on their network. I then realized it was all bad. Aside from the Rock/Austin matches there are no real matches of import and certainly no hidden bangers.

I went back and watched old ECW stuff. Other than a few ECW on TNN episodes and poo poo that's been on comps a zillion times, it was all crap.

WCW, surprisingly, holds up the best.

This part is not true.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

ECW really did suck rear end

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
heatwave 98 rules

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Paul Heyman really, really hates women.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ECW ruled at the time when compared against its contemporaries. It aged poorly, in no small part because it was all built on trends and edginess.

That's kind of the point. People's positive memories of the Attitude Era are directly tied to them being bored by what WWE was doing prior and the "cool" things they were doing at the time. Those things ain't cool any more. A lot of them are outright offensive. That's how time works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Paul Heyman really, really hates women.

Doubtful as he lets them shine by dancing atop the ecw arena