Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it would be greatly appreciated if more people who have x/x/10 shikis put them on support, especially equipping the lotto ce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Threw one more 10 roll at the gacha and Eresh came home! :toot:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I wish the lotto would give dust and bones so I could get my Vlad's skills from 8 to 10. As is I gotta be lucky to 3T Gate 2.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I wish the lotto would give dust and bones so I could get my Vlad's skills from 8 to 10. As is I gotta be lucky to 3T Gate 2.

Well you're in luck, since the False lotto on the Da Vinci rerun gives both.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Nice, I just need to use my time machine to get them so I can reliably 3T this stage.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

dogsicle posted:

it would be greatly appreciated if more people who have x/x/10 shikis put them on support, especially equipping the lotto ce

Done.

Isn't Dumuzid Ishtar's husband? Ishtar married...a sheep...

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Santa Altera's Quick card where her sheep just kicks at the target with its little legs is my favorite thing.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Gologle posted:

Done.

A golden sheep of course!

I'm only halfheartedly farming this lotto. I don't particularly need the mats in the boxes, I still have a giant surplus of skill gems from last year, and I don't have a single servant left to level other than the Santa Altera. The QP is always welcome of course, but by itself it's not really pushing me to chug apples.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Gologle posted:

Done.

that she was extremely dtf w.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The oldest hymns were the horniest. Who knew?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

having heard dumuzid's voice, i 100% feel ishtar on this

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Altera being a doofus is a good civilization, making this event the best civilization. :3:

Also the OG Avenger was a lot more difficult fight then I thought. There is no way to avoid attacking him once he NPs, so you will usually eat at least 10k of unavoidable damage.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
It's possible if you have three support NPs charged up, but yea it's tricky to work around.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
It would have been really funny if he only had like 9k HP due to being the worst servant, but it was kinda cool to see him being genuinely strong

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I don't think he even needs that much to become powerful enough to justify using. (Other than you know, just liking the character.)

If he had a 1-turn taunt in his NP, and reflected the damage even if he died that turn, he'd immediately become way less niche.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Yeah, that NP thing would make him genuinely good. The closest I've managed to come was putting an MLBed Three Legged Race (guts, revive with 1 HP), but even then it's just not that strong an NP in 90% of situations. Enemies are tuned to only do so much damage in a turn, and in the case of him surviving an NP even at full health and with 1 HP Guts, he's gonna do about 24k damage at NP2 with a level 100 grail.

Still grailed him to 100 though, he's my boy.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

might as well make it a special taunt that actually provokes attacks, since general taunt still allows for enemies to waste actions on skills iirc

but honestly i like his skillset and post-Interlude here's got fun gimmicks totally unrelated to the bad NP

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Captain Baal posted:

Ask me about my NP20 Lancer Medusa

go ahead

Lancer Medusa is a cursed servant. She has haunted both my Enkidu and Ereshkigal rolls.

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

S-rank, 100%. Drake is ridiculously good.

Drake is the sort of servant that might not be "top tier" for hard content, but more than makes it for it by being immensely useful for grinding (which is like 99% of what you do in this game).

The biggest difference between my JP roster and my NA one is that I have AoE SSRs in classes I didn't have them for in JP, like Lancer (Karna) and Rider (Drake). It is extremely convenient.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 17, 2019

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Gologle posted:

Done.

Ishtar's had a lot of husbands. Probably also a few wives.

For example, as part of the whole "Patron Diety of Uruk" thing, the Kings of Uruk are supposed to (mostly ceremonially) marry her. This is partly why she got extremely pissed when Gilgamesh shot her down. This rule wasn't mentioned in the Epic of Gilgamesh (or at least the parts we have) but it is mentioned in other religious texts. There is an assumption it was relatively common knowledge for the citzens of Uruk, which is why it wasn't mentioned.

(I love that Ishtar's dad basically say "have you tried not being a cranky brat?" to her and then demands she does her chores before he gives her the keys to the car Bull of Heaven)

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 17, 2019

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i want Hokusai

she's cute

that's who i'm saving backup quartz for

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
The desire sensor continues to be real. 120 quartz and 10 tickets got me 2 copies of evil Rin, but no 5 star event essences. Snowman grinding is gonna be a bitch.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Ishtar's had a lot of husbands. Probably also a few wives.

For example, as part of the whole "Patron Diety of Uruk" thing, the Kings of Uruk are supposed to (mostly ceremonially) marry her. This is partly why she got extremely pissed when Gilgamesh shot her down. This rule wasn't mentioned in the Epic of Gilgamesh (or at least the parts we have) but it is mentioned in other religious texts. There is an assumption it was relatively common knowledge for the citzens of Uruk, which is why it wasn't mentioned.

(I love that Ishtar's dad basically say "have you tried not being a cranky brat?" to her and then demands she does her chores before he gives her the keys to the car Bull of Heaven)

A recurring theme in the Epic of Gilgamesh is the tension between the wild and free individual (symbolized by Gilgamesh) and the marching tide of progress and civilization (represented primarily by Ishtar and the other gods).

Take how Enkidu is nothing but a beast until he is civilized, only then he becomes a human being and worthy of being Gilgamesh's best friend/boyfriend.

Gilgamesh is rather nihilistic here, taking Ishtar's promises of the power that civilization gives you and throwing them in the trash, saying they're useless because death will come to all of it eventually, and that the only way to live is for your own pleasure.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Squiddycat posted:

i want Hokusai

she's cute

that's who i'm saving backup quartz for

lookit these swell mat requirements

Good character

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lt. Lizard posted:

Altera being a doofus is a good civilization, making this event the best civilization. :3:

Also the OG Avenger was a lot more difficult fight then I thought. There is no way to avoid attacking him once he NPs, so you will usually eat at least 10k of unavoidable damage.

*Galaxy Brain* I just beat him before he could NP.
BB Channel!

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

the_steve posted:

*Galaxy Brain* I just beat him before he could NP.
BB Channel!

Nah, the Galaxy Brain strat is definitely the "never deal damage to him, wait for him to kill himself with Annihilation Wish" one.

In retrospect if I'd known how reluctant he is to use that skill I would probably have taken a different team, but oh well.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Good job everyone

https://twitter.com/appannie/status/1206727052591648768?s=09

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Cowards. Give Altera Santa a proper coat :argh:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Traveller posted:

Cowards. Give Altera Santa a proper coat :argh:

It's a strategic costume choice that allows for maximum skin contact with sheep fluffs.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

the_steve posted:

It's a strategic costume choice that allows for maximum skin contact with sheep fluffs.

She's sneezing! Obviously sheep fluffs are not enough in the dreary cold underworld.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Have a very merry civilization everyone

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Traveller posted:

She's sneezing! Obviously sheep fluffs are not enough in the dreary cold underworld.

She starts sneezing when she's still in hot-as-a-sauna Chaldea, though. She might just be allergic to sheep.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I wasn't expecting Darker than Black references on FGO of all places

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

What's a servant with good Def down/quick damage up capabilities I'm likely to see on a friend's list? My Jack isn't fully skilled up yet so she's having trouble one-turn nuking Medusa on the current farm node, and I'm hoping I can get it done with a couple debuffs.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Shiki does def-ignoring dmg, but fully leveled Jacks are a dime a dozen on friends list tbh

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

What's a servant with good Def down/quick damage up capabilities I'm likely to see on a friend's list? My Jack isn't fully skilled up yet so she's having trouble one-turn nuking Medusa on the current farm node, and I'm hoping I can get it done with a couple debuffs.

Wu has a def down and a charisma with a quick up attached. Idk if there’s better team comps than trying to bust through with Jack tho

I’ve got her up and moderately skilled if you want to try

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

try the suit mystic code (royal brand) if you have it and don't need other mystic code skills, the first skill on it is 30% quick up at level 1

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ryoga posted:

The desire sensor continues to be real. 120 quartz and 10 tickets got me 2 copies of evil Rin, but no 5 star event essences. Snowman grinding is gonna be a bitch.

ishtar isn't on the gacha

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Erg posted:

Wu has a def down and a charisma with a quick up attached. Idk if there’s better team comps than trying to bust through with Jack tho

I’ve got her up and moderately skilled if you want to try

Unfortunately Wu isn't gonna "one-turn nuke" a 320k HP Medusa.

This is the setup I've been using. features F2P servants, but also Merlin and Waver, so YMMV.

(those that didn't break their bank chasing Ereshkigal can sub for a different 50% charge CE)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

tbf Wu isn't there to kill Medusa, she's in 4slot setups to hold a starting NP CE and kill the w2 dragon while boosting Jack/Scath/MHX/any quick DPS i'm forgetting damage against Medusa on w3. though it's a double Waver setup which kinda renders picking her from support useless. :v:

which means i owe a great deal of thanks to whoever has been picking my Wu for whatever reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah when I saw my NP3 Carmilla fail to oneshot her I decided to go back to the previous stage until the next node unlocks.

That boss I can handle much easier. :v: