Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Everything about it is garbage. There’s hardly any panels with backgrounds.

I usually smell a bad book a mile away, but I’ve been so sucked into everything X related. I’ll probably get all six issues just so I’m not missing anything. Every other X book has been good, and the other ones announced look interesting. Even Hellions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Watch it turn out Fallen Angels is the most relevant to the overarching storyline.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Roth posted:

Fallen Angels is why men should be stopped from writing boss ladies.

*Gabby fades from existence like Marty McFly*

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Whoever Psylocke is chasing will probably end up being one of Apocalypse’s kids.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Do we know for a fact Fallen Angels is only gonna be 6 issues, I might finish it just because I'm already getting everything else so far. If it's ongoing, might as well drop.

I'll probably just drop it, I doubt back issues are gonna be expensive if I get that completionist itch later.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Writer said it’s done after six because he has tv/movie stuff.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Open Marriage Night posted:

Writer said it’s done after six because he has tv/movie stuff.

this made me curious so i checked his IMDB, his primary TV writing work is as the "executive story editor" for Titans, which he also wrote 3 episodes of

which makes Fallen Angels make so much more sense now

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Alaois posted:

this made me curious so i checked his IMDB, his primary TV writing work is as the "executive story editor" for Titans, which he also wrote 3 episodes of

which makes Fallen Angels make so much more sense now

“gently caress X-Man.”

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Abroham Lincoln posted:

“gently caress X-Man.”

"Professor Xavier is a loving jerk!"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cabbit posted:

"Professor Xavier is a loving jerk!"

That's basically Marauders right now.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So much X-books this week. Good heavens.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

So much X-books this week. Good heavens.

next wednesday is Christmas so they gotta get all of em on shelves this week and buddy I'm grateful for it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/annalisebissa/status/1207015948106059779

So Young Cable, Armor and Pixie plus some other guy I guess. Duggan and Noto. I'll definitely give it a shot.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dawgstar posted:

So Young Cable, Armor and Pixie plus some other guy I guess. Duggan and Noto. I'll definitely give it a shot.

That is some *beautiful* cover art

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Really hope Pixie gets a chance to shine. She's a great character to bounce off both light and dark characters, and she can be hardcore and comic relief.

The style of the poster certainly bodes well for it being a fun book!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Phil Noto should always be on an X-book.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Generation X is the only good young X-Team name they're not already using

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think they've stopped using that since none of the X-Men are old enough to be in Generation X at this point, never mind the ones that are two or three "generations" younger (depending on if you count the Giant-Size team as a new one) than the original ones.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

I think they've stopped using that since none of the X-Men are old enough to be in Generation X at this point, never mind the ones that are two or three "generations" younger (depending on if you count the Giant-Size team as a new one) than the original ones.

It's very weird to me that Scott Summers is now younger than me.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
When I hit 34 and was therefore older than Bruce Wayne.... well that was a hard day

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Beerdeer posted:

When I hit 34 and was therefore older than Bruce Wayne.... well that was a hard day

And I'll bet you've never even died, been catapulted through time, or had your back broken by an enormous man in a luchador mask.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Beerdeer posted:

Did you consider writing a series where Bruce Wayne is middle aged?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Sandwolf posted:

That is some *beautiful* cover art

Yeah I don't give a poo poo about Cable-- especially not Young Cable-- but that cover is gorgeous.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Duggen is loving killing it on Marauders,so I'm all in on his Cable book.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Cats out of the bag, a character got retconned into being a mutant this week.

Gwenpool!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I still feel a little weird about Kate's new habit of phasing things into people.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Dawgstar posted:

Is that... an original recipe Cylon in the background?

Beerdeer posted:

Look at it this way, at least you didn't send the character down into a grim and gritty muck from which he would never escape unlike some people who have had that realization

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

big fan of the Quiet Council bit about whether or not it's appropriate to call X-Force the mutant CIA with about half the council getting in statements that the CIA is absolutely hosed, I get the feeling Ben Percy felt the same way about that solicit as some people here did :v:

also I was just kidding about the Milligan-esque body count Ben jeez

Alaois fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 18, 2019

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ah gently caress the hellfire kids are back.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

:same:

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
I wonder how long the waiting list for resurrection is...do some mutants get to jump to the front of the line?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

I wonder how long the waiting list for resurrection is...do some mutants get to jump to the front of the line?

Yes, obviously. Scott, Logan, Kurt, Jean and other people died on that space mission in HoXPox and were all immediately brought back. Xavier wanted Sebastian Shaw badly enough (for some loving reason) that he let his kid jump the line. Jumbo Carnation was also brought back, I assume because Emma Frost needed a tailor, before the 11 million dead mutants from Genosha.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I enjoy reading Excalibur but gently caress me if I understand half of what's going on. Everything seems so disjointed.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

did anyone read fallen angels today hahahahah I dont even see any mention of it

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
X-Force is still towing that fine gentle line between being kinda eye-rollingly edgy and being actually really interesting. It definitely feels like one of the few books that actually paid any attention to the HOXPOX stuff. And I of course appreciate the Jean that's been appearing here much more than the Hickman edition, but on the other hand I don't want to be reading about grim portents Jean all the darn time either. Sigh, if only some sort of thermodynamic equilibrium could be established, Jean-wise.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Cabbit posted:

I enjoy reading Excalibur but gently caress me if I understand half of what's going on. Everything seems so disjointed.

Yeah, I was gonna complain about that too. The pacing felt really weird to me.

Synthbuttrange posted:

did anyone read fallen angels today hahahahah I dont even see any mention of it

Nope. Dropped it after #3.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

BrianWilly posted:

X-Force is still towing that fine gentle line between being kinda eye-rollingly edgy and being actually really interesting. It definitely feels like one of the few books that actually paid any attention to the HOXPOX stuff. And I of course appreciate the Jean that's been appearing here much more than the Hickman edition, but on the other hand I don't want to be reading about grim portents Jean all the darn time either. Sigh, if only some sort of thermodynamic equilibrium could be established, Jean-wise.

It really seems a shame with all the work Taylor put into rehabbing Jean that X-Force is her main book, complete with being in her Marvel Girl costume for reasons.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Not a fan of Jubilee and Rictor's breakdown of Northern Ireland.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah I’m all for it. Taking the “we can’t really die anymore” and running with it is pretty cool as they escalate the conflict against Krakoa. The last page was brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
It's me, I'm the one continuing reader of FA.

Its still bad. The art makes my eyes bleed.

Also I'm pretty disappointed in the post HoXPox books overall this week. Constant escalation of enemies who are hyper prepared for Krakoa and who keep beating up the protagonists like nothing's changed except we don't need a convoluted reason for bringing people back. It'd be nice to see our heroes actually be successful in like, any of the stories.

Excalibur was my favorite read this week as between Betsy, Apocalypse's mysterious plotting, and Rictor becoming a druid, it feels like the cast is actually doing something beyond being punching bags for whatever run of the mill antagonists were made to completely clown on our heroes, like all the other ones.

I mean, I'm still reading them all in hopes that things will really get different, but this week made me grumpy.