Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

doing the loony toons style false tunnel that says “supportive community willing to reverse arbitrary bans”, posters running into it an turning into accordions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

I start flirting with a buxom lady labeled "kind goons". Her wig slips off. Oh no!! Shes actually a bomb!!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Homeless Friend posted:

At least send him a nordvpn coupon

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
more than likely they’re going to cite some legal reason he can’t be let back which is still bullshit only with the added advantage of birb getting their head poo poo on for trying to do the right thing :ughh:

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Frog Act posted:

doing the loony toons style false tunnel that says “supportive community willing to reverse arbitrary bans”, posters running into it an turning into accordions

Supportive community willing to reverse arbitrary bans!

Supportive? Community? Willing to reverse arbitrary bans?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'm not trying to yo-yo his account but this is really serious and the default option is "permaban". I'm not going to free him without something of a quorum and I do not yet have that. This is not my first encounter with turtlicious, I will stay in contact with him and have offered to be a person he can talk to until this is decided. I am not sure I can properly convey it here given the circumstances, but it is only my deep, sincere compassion and sympathy for the man that would have me even considering letting him post here after making posts like those.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'm not trying to yo-yo his account but this is really serious and the default option is "permaban". I'm not going to free him without something of a quorum and I do not yet have that. This is not my first encounter with turtlicious, I will stay in contact with him and have offered to be a person he can talk to until this is decided.

Wow. Thanks for coming in here and making a direct statement, especially if you’re working with him. I didn’t expect that, and it’s appreciated.

now I feel like a dick :smith:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Zvahl posted:

Supportive community willing to reverse arbitrary bans!

Supportive? Community? Willing to reverse arbitrary bans?

It's hardly arbitrary. He did actually threaten something actionable, within a specific time frame, regardless of his mental state.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Free turtle.

Also, I had a panic attack today on the interstate going to pick my wife up at the airport. She's been gone for 2.5 weeks and I got in my own head about what would happen if I had a panic attack and how she'd be stuck. I pulled over for a bit and started greying out and after it cleared a bit enough for me to limp on home. She had some drinks waiting for her connecting flight in NY after a 16 hour flight from Johannesburg and so she's taking a bus to a city closer to home because she couldn't rent a car.

After making it home I relaxed a bit and was able to take back roads to that city so I can meet her there. I feel like a dick making her trip longer, but she's super understanding and I love her to death. I feel loving awful though. She was out giving medical attention to people with HIV and trafficked women and I couldn't even make it to the airport to pick her up.

Thankfully there's snow in the forecast tomorrow so i will be working from home so i dont have to face a commute.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
even after all that, I’m disinclined to bring up the subject further since jeffrey’s statement was pretty comprehensive and transparent, which is exactly what I was looking for. at this point it’s between turtle/their SOs and the admin staff as a whole and discussion is ongoing between all of them which is a pretty good outcome, or at least the best we can get.

now that’s it’s over everyone be nice to Jeff and birb, at least they tried :unsmith:

Not to suddenly shut down conversation but I don’t want to turn the sad brains rehabilitation thread into debates over who does and doesn’t deserve punishment if there’s nothing further to be gained from it. I want people to feel safe sharing just about anything itt but 1) it wasn’t itt and 2) we’re still not a professional therapy group and are ultimately beholden to forums rules.

I can’t do poo poo about poo poo but if someone needs a further sounding board on this my pms are open. otherwise let’s keep things moving along.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
(free turtle tho)

GlassLotus
Mar 16, 2014

I once got a fortune cookie that said "Ask your mom". I've also gotten several blank fortune cookies... I guess that explains why I'm broke.
Just to keep things rolling, so I started my first like legit job a little over 4 months ago as a CLA in a lab which does low cost genetic testing for things like cancer and heart disease risk and pharmacogenetics (which is really cool imo since it has the potential to really help with prescribing people with mental illnesses the right drugs for them more efficiently, but that's a topic for another time). Anyway there's about 17 people I regularly interact with and 4 who are on the same level as me and work closely with me. I have not had a problem with literally anyone in the company because one of the four who I'm closest to.

From about the second week of me working there until now she had been rather cold and short with me. This made the fact I took over a major task she used to handle really difficult since I didn't know how to do any of the intricate details but I felt like I couldn't ask her since I'd get like one word answers. It was causing me a great deal of anxiety to the point I was grinding my teeth in my sleep and locking my jaw so I couldn't eat in the mornings, something I haven't done since Turt's mental health started improving. I kept going over scenarios in which I might have offended her, or characteristics about myself which she might have disliked. I thought maybe if I tried something I knew I would fail at first, at least then maybe she'd think "well she tried, I'll help her now" and be more responsive to my requests to be shown how to do things. But like nothing was working and I just started asking other people for help (which half the time would be returned with "Why don't you ask C?").

The last week or so though she did a 180 and was helping me with everything and smiling at me and going out of her way to help and tell me things I didn't even know to ask about. Today she came up to me and actually apologized for being so curt with me and not helping me. She said she felt really bad about it and that she had realized how she'd been acting and wanted to apologize. She explained that around the time I started and for the last few months that she had been in a mood in which she really just did not want to talk to people, and that had impacted how she treated me a lot because I needed her to show me things whereas everyone else didn't need to rely on her. She said that someone had made a comment about her behavior and she had reflected on it. I would have hugged her but I had blood on my lab coat.

It felt soooo good to hear that it wasn't my fault or anything I had done. Also like I've totally been in that mind space of "I have to go to school/work/internship but I don't have the energy to talk to people" but that was like at the lowest of my depressive points so it also makes me worried about her somewhat. Also I've made the observation that almost all of my 12 clinical lab coworkers seem like pretty anxiety-driven people, myself included.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

That's awesome!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Eat This Glob posted:

That's awesome!

seconded. it’s incredible just how much small amounts of unexpected compassion help.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
it never fails. i finally have a few weeks sorta off between quarters and now im sick

i even got my nose pierced this morning so now i guess i face my fear about that right away

and i made some date plans tmrw too. me blowing my nose every 5 minutes during the film wont be too romantic :bang:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

got any sevens posted:

it never fails. i finally have a few weeks sorta off between quarters and now im sick

i even got my nose pierced this morning so now i guess i face my fear about that right away

and i made some date plans tmrw too. me blowing my nose every 5 minutes during the film wont be too romantic :bang:

maybe they won’t mind because the piercings cute :kiddo:

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

got any sevens posted:

I've always found extra strength Dayquil to be effective at getting my nose to shut up for a couple hours. Don't get the normal stuff, though, cause that doesn't have a decongestant.

GlassLotus
Mar 16, 2014

I once got a fortune cookie that said "Ask your mom". I've also gotten several blank fortune cookies... I guess that explains why I'm broke.

bobtheconqueror posted:

I've always found extra strength Dayquil to be effective at getting my nose to shut up for a couple hours. Don't get the normal stuff, though, cause that doesn't have a decongestant.

Same, I always found extra strength DayQuil to be the most effective cold medicine I ever tried.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GlassLotus posted:

Same, I always found extra strength DayQuil to be the most effective cold medicine I ever tried.

green after work
orange during work
livin that nyquil life

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
jesus interviewing sucks. I know we've said it in this thread over and over but it's nerveracking, especially if you have AvPD

it's like, why yes, my worst nightmare is being humiliated by strangers and thus unable to meaningfully create social associations, if it's not too much trouble could you put me through that daily so I have a means by which to feed and clothe myself

GlassLotus
Mar 16, 2014

Chokes McGee posted:

jesus interviewing sucks. I know we've said it in this thread over and over but it's nerveracking, especially if you have AvPD

it's like, why yes, my worst nightmare is being humiliated by strangers and thus unable to meaningfully create social associations, if it's not too much trouble could you put me through that daily so I have a means by which to feed and clothe myself

When I was interviewing for a job a few months ago most of my interviews were like 5 to 8 people one at a time and it was just so hard to sit and be asked the same questions over and over for like 3-5 hours. The second one I did like that, the third woman asked me a question and my brain completely jumped out a window and I couldn't even remember what she asked when though she had just said it. I somehow managed to only be offered the job at the best company I interviewed for so that's a plus, and they had the most interviewers (I was interviewed by like 2/3s of the lab team one at a time).

The other companies just ghosted me, which god I hate about the way job hunting is. Like I get it if all you've done is send in a resume but after a 6 hour round of interviews or like 3 phone interviews please just tell me you don't like me and let me move on.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the unspeakable cruelty of every aspect private sector work, from initial contact to unexpected termination, is just unbelievable. the idea of adversarial, lengthy, brain melting interviews is just so transparently absurd too I just can’t understand how it could possibly make a positive contribution to office culture, morale, or unit coherence

I have a lot of issues with my job but I’m glad the public sector and specifically university environment make at least a pathetic tokenized attempt to weakly mimic the labor standards of employees that actually have unions and poo poo. it’s still wildly unethical but compared to comparable private entities in the same right to work States its a marginal improvement at least

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

I have decided to leave my job. It seems fine from the outside, since it's remote research work and I have dental insurance for the first time in my life. But the structure of the workplace is so unbelievably toxic. The two people in charge despise each other and silo their staff. I have been there for seven months and when I do get to speak to a co-worker they always say they thought I had left months ago.

My boss took away the projects I was working super hard on and arbitrarily reassigned them. I only hear from her every two weeks so I don't know what happened. The amount of stress the utter silence and isolation causes is unreal. The only thing stopping me from leaving right away is that I need to finish physical therapy. But I can't take it, I have my resignation letter ready.

I could go on more about the demands to be on call 24/7 and the psychological games they play but it's tedious. They are famous in my city for the way they treat staff, which I wish I had known. When I quit they will call to berate me according to a friend who worked there.

In better news, I went on a promising date on Sunday and might go out again later this week. So there's someone who doesn't think I'm a complete waste of space.

GlassLotus
Mar 16, 2014

PsychedelicWarlord posted:

I have decided to leave my job. It seems fine from the outside, since it's remote research work and I have dental insurance for the first time in my life. But the structure of the workplace is so unbelievably toxic. The two people in charge despise each other and silo their staff. I have been there for seven months and when I do get to speak to a co-worker they always say they thought I had left months ago.

My boss took away the projects I was working super hard on and arbitrarily reassigned them. I only hear from her every two weeks so I don't know what happened. The amount of stress the utter silence and isolation causes is unreal. The only thing stopping me from leaving right away is that I need to finish physical therapy. But I can't take it, I have my resignation letter ready.

I could go on more about the demands to be on call 24/7 and the psychological games they play but it's tedious. They are famous in my city for the way they treat staff, which I wish I had known. When I quit they will call to berate me according to a friend who worked there.

In better news, I went on a promising date on Sunday and might go out again later this week. So there's someone who doesn't think I'm a complete waste of space.

Congrats on the date at least!

Yesterday at work I got splattered in the face by some blood. Luckily my glasses kept any from getting in my eye as far as I can tell, but some did get on my forehead/in my eyebrow. After I wrote up the incident report everyone was asking me "I saw the incident, are you okay?" in a way that made it sound like I'd been shot. It's making me feel like maybe I should be more concerned than I am, and maybe I'm a little too blasé about getting someone else's blood on my face. They suggested I go to a workplace accident clinic, which I'm doing just to be safe but like, the fact that other people are worried is making me worried. I also wonder how much could be learned from any tests/titers at this point if the blood did get into my system.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
I don't have any hope left, and it's getting to the point where I'm only doing things to keep the existential terror at bay, rather than become good at anything. I've got no reason to feel this way, I have decent social support, a decent job (I'm the only one to the left of Mussolini, but it pays well because I'm a hypocrite). I can no longer imagine anything but the worst case scenario happening.

Feeling good, or averting my gaze from the very worst the world has to offer feels wrong. It's not like my unblinking stare into even a filtered Eye of Terror is doing anyone any good, I donate to a few causes but I don't really volunteer.

I went into technology to help people not have to do stupid jobs so they can enjoy their lives, but now I realize all I have the skills to do is either help corporate nobles socially signal to one another (with fancy data analysis and reports) or help said nobles rip people from their jobs, so they can save money (and have a good chuckle when they read about so-and-so finally killed himself with alcohol or heroin).

I just wanna stop hurting people, but I don't know how to do that without stopping being, which would also hurt people. I've talked to my therapist, he thinks it's anxiety which isn't wrong, but how do you stop being terrified of tomorrow, or is such fear justified?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
your therapist needs to step up their game or you need to switch to a fulfilling job where you help people

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

TwoQuestions posted:

I've talked to my therapist, he thinks it's anxiety which isn't wrong, but how do you stop being terrified of tomorrow, or is such fear justified?

I was gonna try to say something inspiring, but I'm maybe bad at that, so definitely talk more with your therapist (have you directly asked him the question quoted above?).

Chokes McGee posted:

You're getting interviews though, right? Sometimes you gotta wade through a battalion of bullshit to get where you need to be.

For my part, I keep having recruiters reach out to me and then never follow up, which is weird as hell to me. Probably trying to make an internal quota for new contacts, I guess.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bobtheconqueror posted:

I was gonna try to say something inspiring, but I'm maybe bad at that, so definitely talk more with your therapist (have you directly asked him the question quoted above?).

You're getting interviews though, right? Sometimes you gotta wade through a battalion of bullshit to get where you need to be.

For my part, I keep having recruiters reach out to me and then never follow up, which is weird as hell to me. Probably trying to make an internal quota for new contacts, I guess.

Yeah, it’s a good problem to have all things considered. still draining as all hell.

GlassLotus
Mar 16, 2014

bobtheconqueror posted:

I've heard some good things about recruiters but the only calls or emails I ever got from them were pretty bullshit. The jobs never really fit what I was looking for it were way above my skill level. I responded to a few which turned out to be out of my league. Then the recruiters for those just would not stop calling like multiple times a day even after I told them I wasn't interested or got a job already. I had been told by others that recruiters really helped them but maybe it's the field? To me they were just annoying as heck and seemed to just be throwing darts at a board to see what sticks. There was one time where one called right as I was supposed to be getting a phone interview call which made me really mad cause I assumed the call was my interviewer and wasted too much time talking to them. Luckily I didn't miss that call.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

GlassLotus posted:

Congrats on the date at least!

Yesterday at work I got splattered in the face by some blood. Luckily my glasses kept any from getting in my eye as far as I can tell, but some did get on my forehead/in my eyebrow. After I wrote up the incident report everyone was asking me "I saw the incident, are you okay?" in a way that made it sound like I'd been shot. It's making me feel like maybe I should be more concerned than I am, and maybe I'm a little too blasé about getting someone else's blood on my face. They suggested I go to a workplace accident clinic, which I'm doing just to be safe but like, the fact that other people are worried is making me worried. I also wonder how much could be learned from any tests/titers at this point if the blood did get into my system.

At least at the workplace clinic they'll be able to tell you what the utility of the tests will be. Sorry that happened to you and I hope everything is fine! Try to ignore your coworkers, haha. It's coming from a place of concern but it sounds like it's not very productive for you to listen to!

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

GlassLotus posted:

I've heard some good things about recruiters but the only calls or emails I ever got from them were pretty bullshit. The jobs never really fit what I was looking for it were way above my skill level. I responded to a few which turned out to be out of my league. Then the recruiters for those just would not stop calling like multiple times a day even after I told them I wasn't interested or got a job already. I had been told by others that recruiters really helped them but maybe it's the field? To me they were just annoying as heck and seemed to just be throwing darts at a board to see what sticks. There was one time where one called right as I was supposed to be getting a phone interview call which made me really mad cause I assumed the call was my interviewer and wasted too much time talking to them. Luckily I didn't miss that call.

I'm mostly looking for like entry level office stuff and contracting through some agency is really my only option to get a foot in the door. When I first moved into the town I'm in now, they were pretty helpful, but this time around I haven't been as lucky. Honestly probably overqualified for entry level stuff since I worked as an analyst for two years, but it's kind of the same problem for analyst roles if you're coming from outside a business. I'm also just personally terrible at applying for jobs outside of literally walking into a business and asking for an application, so being able to have someone else do that corpo-speak research for me is good. I start hearing the Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 theme whenever I try to do that myself.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

bobtheconqueror posted:

I'm mostly looking for like entry level office stuff and contracting through some agency is really my only option to get a foot in the door. When I first moved into the town I'm in now, they were pretty helpful, but this time around I haven't been as lucky. Honestly probably overqualified for entry level stuff since I worked as an analyst for two years, but it's kind of the same problem for analyst roles if you're coming from outside a business. I'm also just personally terrible at applying for jobs outside of literally walking into a business and asking for an application, so being able to have someone else do that corpo-speak research for me is good. I start hearing the Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 theme whenever I try to do that myself.

You and me both, buddy. poo poo fuckin' sucks

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

I woke up throwing myself from a dead sleep from my bed to my wall tackle a man I imagined in a dream I was having. So that was fun

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Eat This Glob posted:

I woke up throwing myself from a dead sleep from my bed to my wall tackle a man I imagined in a dream I was having. So that was fun

I did something like this once where I started kicking someone who dove for me. I connected with a 30 lb. kettlebell I kept by my bed for whatever stupid reason, and since I hit something solid, I briefly thought it was real and kept kicking it while screaming.

I did not enjoy the following day.

GlassLotus
Mar 16, 2014

PsychedelicWarlord posted:

At least at the workplace clinic they'll be able to tell you what the utility of the tests will be. Sorry that happened to you and I hope everything is fine! Try to ignore your coworkers, haha. It's coming from a place of concern but it sounds like it's not very productive for you to listen to!

The occupational clinic ended up telling me "You should have come in within several hours. Also you're immune to hep B, right?"
Me: "...I've had 2 of 3 vaccines. I got the vaccines when I was a baby but I had a titer done when I got the job which showed I wasn't immune."
Occupational Clinic: "...So... you aren't immune... You need to go to an ER like now."
Me: "...Ah"

And so I proceeded to go to the ER where I watched an old lady flatline, another lady scream as 4 security and 2 doctors held her down and strapped her to the gurney, and another woman who was bleeding from the head and had the flesh on one arm peeled back. After 4 hours of that, I was told "A titer would take too long, we're just going to give you the immunoglobulin to be safe" and then proceeded to give me 2 gigantic shots, one in each buttcheek. My whole back/sides are now very stiff but at least I won't get hep B so *shrugs*

bobtheconqueror posted:

I was looking for entry level stuff too since I just graduated college, but I was looking in a pretty specified field (laboratory genetics) and I felt like I spoke "science" better than any recruiter who approached me. So probably it's the specialized/lab science nature of the field I wanted that made recruiters less beneficial. They were suggesting lab positions in things I'd never done but were more common, like pharmaceutical chemistry or chemistry for manufacturing stuff. And there wasn't too much corpo-speak thankfully in my interviewing processes but there was a hell of a lot of the science speak I was used to.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

GlassLotus posted:

The occupational clinic ended up telling me "You should have come in within several hours. Also you're immune to hep B, right?"
Me: "...I've had 2 of 3 vaccines. I got the vaccines when I was a baby but I had a titer done when I got the job which showed I wasn't immune."
Occupational Clinic: "...So... you aren't immune... You need to go to an ER like now."

And so I proceeded to go to the ER where I watched an old lady flatline, another lady scream as 4 security and 2 doctors held her down and strapped her to the gurney, and another woman who was bleeding from the head and had the flesh on one arm peeled back. After 4 hours of that, I was told "A titer would take too long, we're just going to give you the immunoglobulin to be safe" and then proceeded to give me 2 gigantic shots, one in each buttcheek. My whole back/sides are now very stiff but at least I won't get hep B so *shrugs*

I was looking for entry level stuff too since I just graduated college, but I was looking in a pretty specified field (laboratory genetics) and I felt like I spoke "science" better than any recruiter who approached me. So probably it's the specialized/lab science nature of the field I wanted that made recruiters less beneficial. They were suggesting lab positions in things I'd never done but were more common, like pharmaceutical chemistry or chemistry for manufacturing stuff. And there wasn't too much corpo-speak thankfully in my interviewing processes but there was a hell of a lot of the science speak I was used to.

my condolences on the butt shots!!!

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

GlassLotus posted:

I was a medical lab technician back in my olden' army days (I'm pretty sure my lack of capitalizing on any good opportunities in my youth is directly related to the undiagnosed MDD), and yeah, direct exposure to any kind of sample was usually cause for alarm, especially near eyes, nose, or mouth.

I remember the horror stories the old folks told about the pre-HIV days. There was a time when people pipetted by mouth, and accidentally getting someone else's something in there was considered a right of passage.

GlassLotus posted:

Lab work is a specialized skill, so I could see interviews there being far more about what you know than a bunch of "tell me about a time when" questions that have little to no bearing on the actual work you'll do.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

I did something like this once where I started kicking someone who dove for me. I connected with a 30 lb. kettlebell I kept by my bed for whatever stupid reason, and since I hit something solid, I briefly thought it was real and kept kicking it while screaming.

I did not enjoy the following day.

frickin' OUCH! i hit the ground and immediately got a giant cramp in my calf (i was NOT dreaming about beto, dammit! it was a short bald middle aged man with a combover) so other than that, it was only my confused brain that got hurt. I couldn't imagine the end result repeatedly kicking a kettlebell in anger

GlassLotus
Mar 16, 2014

bobtheconqueror posted:

I was a medical lab technician back in my olden' army days (I'm pretty sure my lack of capitalizing on any good opportunities in my youth is directly related to the undiagnosed MDD), and yeah, direct exposure to any kind of sample was usually cause for alarm, especially near eyes, nose, or mouth.

I remember the horror stories the old folks told about the pre-HIV days. There was a time when people pipetted by mouth, and accidentally getting someone else's something in there was considered a right of passage.

Lab work is a specialized skill, so I could see interviews there being far more about what you know than a bunch of "tell me about a time when" questions that have little to no bearing on the actual work you'll do.

Lol yeah every lab I've been in, either a class or an internship or legit work, one of the first things the safety person says is something along the lines of "DO NOT MOUTH PIPETTE!!"

But no one in my lab has ever gotten sample on their face before, so the safety manager was scrambling to get me everything I needed to go to occupational care. She was being super helpful though.

Actually my current work with the 8 person interview cycle was far more about "tell me about a time when" questions to gauge response to certain problems in the lab or prioritization of duties and personality. I was reading our guide to interviewing and it was "focus on 'tell me about a time when'" questions. So like 70% of the interview I was asked things like "tell me about a time when you messed something up in the lab" or "tell me about a time when you had a problem with someone you worked with". But also this company was the most organized in their interviewing, it was clear all 8 had talked about what they were going to ask because it wasn't just "describe yourself" eight times like all the other companies I'd interviewed at. That's not to say the other 30% isn't extremely technical, I just have to prove my knowledge in that 30% of questioning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Eat This Glob posted:

frickin' OUCH! i hit the ground and immediately got a giant cramp in my calf (i was NOT dreaming about beto, dammit! it was a short bald middle aged man with a combover) so other than that, it was only my confused brain that got hurt. I couldn't imagine the end result repeatedly kicking a kettlebell in anger

It was even worse than anger, it was terror.

How I didn't end up with a broken foot, I'll never know.