Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I'm skimming spoilers and seeing some amazing things (Snokes in vats? Palpatine emerging from near death in Return of the Jedi and having a kid? (Rey Palpatine))

Hope its all true.

It'll be funny if this manages to be a B- movie even with all the desperate unfucking from Last Jedi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Neo Rasa posted:

The Star Wars spoiler thread: THE DEAD SPEAK!

tbh i like that for an opening crawl opening. everything else sounds bad

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

We need a TLJ SE that ends with the little kid sweeping, and suddenly you hear Sheev's booming voice, "I'M BACK!!"

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i hope smg is right though and this turns out to be the best one

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Davros1 posted:

We need a TLJ SE that ends with the little kid sweeping, and suddenly you hear Sheev's booming voice, "I'M BACK!!"

lmao

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The grand majority of positive reviews are “wow you will be surprised, name my baby Disney!” and have absolutely nothing interesting to say. So, you know, good sign.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Davros1 posted:

We need a TLJ SE that ends with the little kid sweeping, and suddenly you hear Sheev's booming voice, "Kept you waiting, huh?"

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Davros1 posted:

Just splice in the Mario Bros. ending

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Davros1 posted:

Why wait for a SE of TLJ when there's still time to add that to RotS? Sheev trilogies forever

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

After reading through all the confirmed leaks, my biggest disappointment is not including Hayden Christensen as Force Ghost Anakin. Like, how are you gonna title the capstone film to the Skywalker Saga and not have him show up physically. That's a literal :wtf: for me. Otherwise, I'm pretty open to everything else tbh.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
With KK saying that maybe trilogies aren't the way anymore, is that the closest we have to confirmation that Rian Johnson's trilogy is dead? A few months ago he said maybe it wasn't happening and now this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Release the Lucas cut.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

In addition to those good reasons, there's no way they would have given the cast the green light to poo poo talk rian in interviews if his trilogy was still happening. :rip:

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

theres no loving way that rian johnson movie is happening

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

teagone posted:

After reading through all the confirmed leaks, my biggest disappointment is not including Hayden Christensen as Force Ghost Anakin. Like, how are you gonna title the capstone film to the Skywalker Saga and not have him show up physically. That's a literal :wtf: for me. Otherwise, I'm pretty open to everything else tbh.

Also, considering Kylo's hero worship of him being a huge theme in the past two movies it's insane to have any resolution there when Jedi can come back as ghosts and we know he can do a force ghost. At least put in a throwaway line about Anakin giving up his force ghost form.

I totally believed force Han would be a fake out because it made no sense. It shows what I know.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I actually don't think we're gonna see much Star Wars stuff at all after this. I don't really know what else people have an appetite for.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The thing that bums me out most about this is that Ridley, Boyega and Isaac are all stellar actors who I genuinely think have given great performances and were perfect casting for Star Wars sequels, only to have them not do anything particularly compelling with the characters. I really believe that Disney's mismanagement of the franchise completely squandered a ton of potential.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Mandrel posted:

There's probably a small non-zero chance since Knives Out was well-received and is up for Golden Globes. If he went full Book of Henry it'd be a flat 0.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Pollyanna posted:

I actually don't think we're gonna see much Star Wars stuff at all after this. I don't really know what else people have an appetite for.

We will see precisely as much Star Wars as there is merchandising appetite for Star Wars. They may stop annualizing the movies but there is no way over Luke's cold dead body that Star Wars is stopping as a thing any time soon. Fallen Order being one of the best selling computer video games of two thousand nineteen ensures that by itself.

nerdbot posted:

The thing that bums me out most about this is that Ridley, Boyega and Isaac are all stellar actors who I genuinely think have given great performances and were perfect casting for Star Wars sequels, only to have them not do anything particularly compelling with the characters. I really believe that Disney's mismanagement of the franchise completely squandered a ton of potential.

I mean when you make movies that are unnecessary sequels that exist primarily to sell toys and merchandise, you are going to, in all likelihood, end up with three movies that are the hundred million dollar live action equivalent of 80s toy commercial cartoons and talented actors are not going to be particularly well-utilized in such a setting. I think we were all worried this would happen back in 2015, and now, well, here we are.

edit: also I was hoping to come in here and get details on what precisely is in the movie before deciding if I want to see it this weekend, and somehow I do not think taking rumors, at face value, of a Lucas cut from a man calling himself doomcock and going on about, quote, "a soy soaked agenda" to destroy star wars is a very good idea

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 18, 2019

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

TerminalRaptor posted:

I totally believed force Han would be a fake out because it made no sense. It shows what I know.

han is not going to be a force ghost

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Mandrel posted:

Yes but the continued non denial from Disney that Rian is still attached makes the nerd blood boil

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

why would you want to be a skywalker when you could be the senate jr

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
The Senate III

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Why did Rey go to Tatooine and not Naboo, her ancestral homeland?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

THE EMPEROR Unleashes Unlimited Power! [Smash Bros SFX plays]

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Pollyanna posted:

Baby Yoda.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

pospysyl posted:

Why did Rey go to Tatooine and not Naboo, her ancestral homeland?

You'd think she would go back to Jakku and try to find her parent's grave at least but uh..... no we have to end the series on tatooine even though no remaining character has any attachment to it because reasons.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah you’d have to have horse blinders on to not see baby yoda talking over the internet.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Do you ever think about the fact that Poe and Rey just met at the end of the last movie, or the fact that Leia and Rey have spent, like, a few hours together, total, by the end of TLJ?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The pitch for Mandalorian getting accepted probably included a mock-up of a baby yoda merch line.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Mat Cauthon posted:

You'd think she would go back to Jakku and try to find her parent's grave at least but uh..... no we have to end the series on tatooine even though no remaining character has any attachment to it because reasons.

No, not because reasons, it's because it broke new grouwwwwwwwwnd!!!!!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zoran posted:

Do you ever think about the fact that Poe and Rey just met at the end of the last movie, or the fact that Leia and Rey have spent, like, a few hours together, total, by the end of TLJ?

finn and poe also barely spend any time together

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Brother Entropy posted:

finn and poe also barely spend any time together

They were supposed to in TLJ but Disney split them up lol

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Horizon Burning posted:

They were supposed to in TLJ but Disney split them up lol

That’s amazing. They have probably the best chemistry in the series.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Poe gave Finn his name, their bond is too strong for words.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Disney split them up because they were afraid people would start asking why they weren't a couple and then they'd have to choose between Poe/Finn shippers and China.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Oscar Isaac and John Boyega did like half of the TFA press tour holding hands.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mat Cauthon posted:

I mean, I guess we're supposed to infer that Luke told her all about Tatooine, the place he really hated and couldn't wait to get away from (Did he even bother to bury his aunt and uncle's bodies?)

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

well why not posted:

Oscar Isaac and John Boyega did like half of the TFA press tour holding hands.

I don’t like woke corporate Disney cynical pandering because any good coming from their corporate maw rings false and they gracelessly shoehorn it in but a Finn/Poe relationship would have worked really well and seemed natural. It’s so Disney to make some half hearted stabs at wholeness and representation that just calls attention to how cynical it is and completely overlook, or even deliberately sabotage one huge area where they could have got their woke points and actually done a good job. It’s always going to attract a screeching gibberish of outrage from Chuds even if it’s just two frames. Their cowardice and stupidity are shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

SpaceDrake posted:

I do not think taking rumors, at face value, of a Lucas cut from a man calling himself doomcock and going on about, quote, "a soy soaked agenda" to destroy star wars is a very good idea

Offtopic but speaking of this, why did soy, like this major staple food for significant parts of the world that is, commonly, a brick of protein, become an insulting thing? I mean I know it's because the kind of people that complain about "agendas" because people other than white dudes are in a movie are loving idiots but was there any line of reasoning there at all?