Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Robotnik Nudes posted:

That’s amazing. They have probably the best chemistry in the series.

Lol. That is like the one thing I wanted from TLJ. Poe and Finn on adventures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Zoran posted:

Do you ever think about the fact that Poe and Rey just met at the end of the last movie, or the fact that Leia and Rey have spent, like, a few hours together, total, by the end of TLJ?

Yeah. The audience is supposed to believe the three are the best of friends but they have almost zero screen time all together. Amazing.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Because in the US it is used as a common meat replacement. Also the far right types think soy causes men to produce estrogen so eating soy literally makes you more feminine.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I think it's mostly the second one, they think it lowers testosterone.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Because in the US it is used as a common meat replacement. Also the far right types think soy causes men to produce estrogen so eating soy literally makes you more feminine.

It is 100% the latter. It's several flavors of bigotry at once.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
"The Star Destroyers all have superlasers which Palpatine powers through the dark side of the force. Once he’s defeated the superlasers explode, taking down all of the Star Destroyers."

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Is the only time Rey, Poe, and Finn have been all together the end of TLJ when Rey pulls the rocks or is there another in TFA at the rebel base?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Anyways, I read some of the spoilers and I knew they would go back on the idea that Rey had no special lineage yet they managed to come up with something a lot dumber than I expected.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

It’s super hosed up how the main three “crew” have nearly no screen time together across two films.

God these movies are such a mess.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

This isn’t a movie trilogy, this is a billion dollar Wookiepedia edit war.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
If they were going to revisit Rey's lineage, why not make her Leia's child from before she met Han, a daughter she had to give away. You could even make Max von Sydow's character from The Force Awakens the father, which could explain why he was on Jakku. For a while I thought they might be setting that up because Sydow spoke of Leia fondly. "To be she's royalty."

edit: I just realized that doesn't make sense with the ages

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Robotnik Nudes posted:

It’s super hosed up how the main three “crew” have nearly no screen time together across two films.

God these movies are such a mess.

Its pretty funny.

Like all they had to do was have Poe and Finn make it to the ground in TFA and meet Rey together. The easiest correction.

Raccooon fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 18, 2019

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

18 year old Leia with an abandoned baby lmao. Like mother like daughter

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

George H.W. oval office posted:

18 year old Leia with an abandoned baby lmao. Like mother like daughter

Why not, everyone else is a deadbeat parent in this trilogy. No wonder Anakin has a mother complex she's like the only decent parental figure we ever see.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's about the worst families ever. And that's what's so powerful about it

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Friendship developing in a chaotic situation is always great to see on the big screen. Would have been nice to see outside the beginning of TFA.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

clown shoes posted:

edit: I just realized that doesn't make sense with the ages

well, i mean, neither does reylo

also

https://twitter.com/dave_schilling/status/1207046594392014848

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

somewhere out there is someone who has been watching all the movies and has somehow avoided all the spoilers and im sad i will never see their reaction to that opening crawl

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Horizon Burning posted:

They were supposed to in TLJ but Disney split them up lol

Poe was supposed to die in the first act of TFA, and did. They decided in reshoots to bring him back

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I'm sure this movie will still make tons of money with kids and families but has been interesting to see as an older person none of the big star wars fans I know have mentioned any intention of seeing it. Like the lead up to TLJ was them talking non stop about seeing it opening night.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Poe was supposed to die in the first act of TFA, and did. They decided in reshoots to bring him back

They should have reshot the entire beginning with them altogether then. I still don't understand how Poe survives getting buried in the sand

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Horizon Burning posted:

"The Star Destroyers all have superlasers which Palpatine powers through the dark side of the force. Once he’s defeated the superlasers explode, taking down all of the Star Destroyers."

If true, it really is incredible how Disney ended the old EU simply to ensure they could crib specific ideas from it without having to credit any of the authors who originally came up with EU concepts.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Eclipse-class_dreadnought

Sure let's just adapt Dark Empire, cram some other stuff in there, and we can call it good without having to pay a cent in royalties.

God if Horizon's posts end up being true, I wonder if Tom Veitch and Dark Horse Comics might still try and sue for royalties. Almost certainly not, especially depending on how their contracts from the 90s look, but I can't imagine either the company or the guy himself would be very happy about having Dark Empire cribbed so blatantly.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Raccooon posted:

I'm sure this movie will still make tons of money with kids and families but has been interesting to see as an older person none of the big star wars fans I know have mentioned any intention of seeing it. Like the lead up to TLJ was them talking non stop about seeing it opening night.

There really is no win with it. Either you didn't like the TLJ and it killed your enthusiasm or you did like the TLJ and have watched them signal that they were undoing a lot of the things established in that movie.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cuntman.net posted:

somewhere out there is someone who has been watching all the movies and has somehow avoided all the spoilers and im sad i will never see their reaction to that opening crawl

I'll be watching the audience when I go see it on Friday, rather than the movie. I'll let you know what it's like.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It seems highly non obvious to me that they stole from dark empire vs the rival explanation, that they both drew from lovely obvious ideas independently. Especially since it’s not at all clear JJ or chris terrio are willing/able to read

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

There really is no win with it. Either you didn't like the TLJ and it killed your enthusiasm or you did like the TLJ and have watched them signal that they were undoing a lot of the things established in that movie.

Still think the biggest problem with TLJ (at least for the final movie) is that it ended with no real hook. For me it was an alright movie but felt like an ending. TLJ had we gonna see Luke and TRJ had how they going to get Han back and the big final confrontation with the emperor.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

SpaceDrake posted:

If true, it really is incredible how Disney ended the old EU simply to ensure they could crib specific ideas from it without having to credit any of the authors who originally came up with EU concepts.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Eclipse-class_dreadnought

Sure let's just adapt Dark Empire, cram some other stuff in there, and we can call it good without having to pay a cent in royalties.

God if Horizon's posts end up being true, I wonder if Tom Veitch and Dark Horse Comics might still try and sue for royalties. Almost certainly not, especially depending on how their contracts from the 90s look, but I can't imagine either the company or the guy himself would be very happy about having Dark Empire cribbed so blatantly.

personally if i was him i wouldnt want to be reminded i came up with something that dumb

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Raccooon posted:

Is the only time Rey, Poe, and Finn have been all together the end of TLJ when Rey pulls the rocks or is there another in TFA at the rebel base?

There was a deleted scene where they meet at the end of TFA

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

https://twitter.com/tatooinesons/status/1207080392236269568

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

normal people aren't going to give a poo poo about the opening crawl

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

get this, i'm going to enjoy an incredibly popular thing that everyone and their mom is going to see, but i'm gonna do it in a transgressive way :smug:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

romanowski posted:

normal people aren't going to give a poo poo about the opening crawl

normal people who havent been obsessively following spoilers and leaks may be a little surprised that sheev is suddenly back

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

TerminalRaptor posted:

I totally believed force Han would be a fake out because it made no sense. It shows what I know.
Wait, what now? Did Force Han actually happen?

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I like the cheeY old school style of the opening crawl but “Oh yeah the Emperor came back offscreen btw don’t worry about it” being the gist is beyond ridiculous. Who comes up with this poo poo?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I like the cheeY old school style of the opening crawl but “Oh yeah the Emperor came back offscreen btw don’t worry about it” being the gist is beyond ridiculous. Who comes up with this poo poo?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

yeah no ones surprised that hes back its just incredibly hilarious that this is how hes revealed

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

What exactly is there to undo from TLJ? Short of bringing back characters from the dead (which admittedly they are doing) nothing actually happened in TLJ to undo.

Edit:
Unless they're going to suddenly make Rey poo poo at the force/everything, which would be awesome.

nessin fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 18, 2019

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Combat Pretzel posted:

no but kylo ren does hallucinate him

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Mat Cauthon posted:

You'd think she would go back to Jakku and try to find her parent's grave at least but uh.....
Is there even anything about her parents in the drat movie? You'd think that'd be an important detail, with what one of them being the direct link between her and her grand dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Combat Pretzel posted:

Force Lucid Dreaming Han.