Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Facebook Aunt posted:

I like how all the homophobes make gay sex sound like the best thing ever. Like nobody and no animal would ever think of such a perverse thing on their own, but anyone who tries it once is instantly addicted. Anyone who merely sees it is compelled to try it for themselves, and then addicted.

So powerful. So irresistible.

Also anybody who ever had observed dogs or monkies during mating season could see that Nature got nothing to learn from Man about sexuality.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

By popular demand posted:

Also anybody who ever had observed dogs or monkies during mating season could see that Nature got nothing to learn from Man about sexuality.

I have a tiny female dog who tries to hump other tiny female dogs in puppy school.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Typical Hollywood star, wants children to see his dick.

SnafuAl
Oct 20, 2010

VR! VR! VR!
BLOODY VR!

One from near me:

Overturned Lorry Spills Brussels Sprouts

Police Scotland spokesman posted:

Please avoid the area if possible. Traffic and Christmas dinners may be affected. Apologies for any delays.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Been a bad month for his dick. Earlier, Instagram wanted him to remove a picture of it being stuffed into a pair of wet shorts.

The Man just want to keep our boners down.

Anyone suspect a gang of vegetable-refusing children yet?

Brussel sprouts taste great stir-fried with garlic in butter, by the way.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Facebook Aunt posted:

I like how all the homophobes make gay sex sound like the best thing ever. Like nobody and no animal would ever think of such a perverse thing on their own, but anyone who tries it once is instantly addicted. Anyone who merely sees it is compelled to try it for themselves, and then addicted.

So powerful. So irresistible.
How else do you explain why they keep getting caught loving dudes?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Splicer posted:

How else do you explain why they keep getting caught loving dudes?

All the hooting and hollering combined with the excellent acoustics of a public restroom.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Would have been too annoying to digitally add barbs to it

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

The MSJ posted:

Brussel sprouts taste great stir-fried with garlic in butter, by the way.

You mean garlic and butter taste great and you can bury the putrid-rear end brussel sprout flavor with them

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Look you wanted to clear out the freezer so don't get snippy about this.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Byzantine posted:

You mean garlic and butter taste great and you can bury the putrid-rear end brussel sprout flavor with them

You know how you can flip around between local radio stations and find the same song playing on two of them? Imagine four Brussels sprouts on the edge of a cliff... SA works the same way:

Captain Log posted:

I’ve got a better Brussels sprouts recipe that people will love.

Get all your Brussels sprouts in a pan, throw them in the trash. Then cook literally anything else after you wash the awful out of the pan.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

By popular demand posted:

Look you wanted to clear out the freezer so don't get snippy about this.
If you people are eating frozen Brussels sprouts no wonder ye don't like them

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

The MSJ posted:

Brussel sprouts taste great dropped into boiling water for 60 seconds

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I get that there's ways to make them palatable, but we're not in the old country, we don't have to rely on the only thing that would grow on the small section of land that our family leases from the local lord. We can choose to eat vegetables that actually taste good now.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Brussel sprouts only taste good when broiled and then only if they're slightly burned to get those charred little crispy bits. But every vegetable tastes amazing like that, so really it has less to do with the sprout itself.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Wrap em in bacon, drizzle with brown sugar/maple syrup, broil em to a slight char, de-loving-lish.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

One of my uncles brought pickled brussel sprouts to Thanksgiving and I think it's the first picked vegetable I've ever had that I didn't like. And everything else he pickled was amazing (asparagus, green beans, sausage, devilled eggs).

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Solice Kirsk posted:

Brussel sprouts only taste good when broiled and then only if they're slightly burned to get those charred little crispy bits. But every vegetable tastes amazing like that, so really it has less to do with the sprout itself.

love me some charred celery

(celery is the absolute worst)

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Celery works great in a mirepoix

Ants on a log are a form of child torture, however

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Azathoth posted:

One of my uncles brought pickled brussel sprouts to Thanksgiving and I think it's the first picked vegetable I've ever had that I didn't like. And everything else he pickled was amazing (asparagus, green beans, sausage, devilled eggs).

Pickled eggs devilled? Or devilled eggs that were then pickled? Either way sounds good, but the second sounds like more work.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i like food

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

gleebster posted:

Pickled eggs devilled? Or devilled eggs that were then pickled? Either way sounds good, but the second sounds like more work.

Pickled eggs, which were then devilled.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aesop Poprock posted:

Celery works great in a mirepoix

Ants on a log are a form of child torture, however

ants on a log are delicious, actually

hth

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 minutes!
Brussel sprouts turning out to be delicious broiled is true and weird news, I just don't have a good corresponding headline for it :shrug:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Randaconda posted:

ants on a log are delicious, actually

hth

IMC account spotted

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/geology_rocks/status/1206657721396875266

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Azathoth posted:

Pickled eggs, which were then devilled.

I love pickled eggs and I love deviled eggs but I just do not know about this.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pastry of the Year posted:

This is the problem with the mod team. They're equivocating instead of making decisive decisions. Commit and own it if you're wrong.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

So many great thread titles.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I can’t stand any headline that begins with “We need to ...”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I made devilled eggs with century eggs once.

Once.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Cartoon Man posted:

I can’t stand any headline that begins with “We need to ...”

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

A discussion of CBD tampons is about the last thing I expected to see in Anne Frank’s diary.

E: oh gently caress, the tampons are inspired by Anne Frank, which is a bit different than a story about the tampons by Anne Frank

E2: wait, that just leads to more questions

Cacafuego has a new favorite as of 03:00 on Dec 18, 2019

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I thought the entire point of Cats was an excuse to look at actors' junk under skin-tight leotards

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

I thought the entire point of Cats was an excuse to look at actors' junk under skin-tight leotards

He's literally playing a cat called Rum Tum Tugger. I feel like the junk is essential to the role

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

They tasted great, but the whole thing wasn't as good as his normal devilled eggs. An interesting experiment though.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Cacafuego posted:

A discussion of CBD tampons is about the last thing I expected to see in Anne Frank’s diary.

E: oh gently caress, the tampons are inspired by Anne Frank, which is a bit different than a story about the tampons by Anne Frank

E2: wait, that just leads to more questions

I have never actually read the Diary of Anne Frank, but I guess there's parts where she talks about her period that they just left out of the publishing.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

rodbeard posted:

I have never actually read the Diary of Anne Frank, but I guess there's parts where she talks about her period that they just left out of the publishing.

Yeah her dad edited her diary before publishing and supposedly he took out anything to do with her lady parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah her dad edited her diary before publishing and supposedly he took out anything to do with her lady parts.

Really? Wasn't there a part in there where she was talking about trying to masturbate without everyone else finding out about it. If they left that out, why bother cutting out the Red Menaces march on the southern front.