Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dell_Zincht posted:

Aw, what happened to your avatar?

I love chickens so this is actually a step up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Question: Which religion is true?

Comment: I am a very sexy man.

Suggestion: bring back RSFs

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Who What Now posted:

It's cute but it's no goblin raver

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Who What Now posted:

I like her little hat

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's a good hat

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Dell_Zincht posted:

Also Burt, why did Grindcore step down?

:(
I can only assume this is due to frustration with the lawless miscreants in the cursed images thread

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Captain Hygiene posted:

:(
I can only assume this is due to frustration with the lawless miscreants in the cursed images thread

Sorry :ohdear:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Is Literally A Birdmin still reading this thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903757&perpage=40&pagenumber=71#post500891113

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I know we aren’t supposed to use this thread as QCS but I have a comment about this: It’s very good.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Ariong posted:

I know we aren’t supposed to use this thread as QCS but I have a comment about this: It’s very good.

Reported and screenshotted

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Reported and screenshotted

snitches get stitches :colbert:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Tashilicious posted:

snitches get stitches :colbert:

I'll happily say that I will kiss your wounds though because bring that to people attention was a public good.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ariong posted:

Turn on your monitor.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Inceltown posted:

I'll happily say that I will kiss your wounds though because bring that to people attention was a public good.

:whitewater:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
So the Johnny 5 Aces sketch actually sold. For $5,100.00

But poo poo, someone refresh me on Zybourne Clock.

It was supposed to be some Chrono Trigger-esque video game with a book series? And the Clock was some time travel device?

Like what the gently caress was the plot?

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

FilthyImp posted:

It was supposed to be some Chrono Trigger-esque video game with a book series? And the Clock was some time travel device?

I think they only managed to hash out a few worldbuilding details before it completely went to poo poo, so there's only a very bare plot outline available at most. The basic concept was apparently fairly decent but I don't remember it well enough unfortunately.

Was Zybourne Clock the one where they threw the only person with actual gamedev experience off the team, or was that another goon project?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FilthyImp posted:

imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

I Said No posted:

I think they only managed to hash out a few worldbuilding details before it completely went to poo poo
I felt like that may have been the case. Sucks. I remember the sketches and the weird timeline picture but not much else.

quote:

Was Zybourne Clock the one where they threw the only person with actual gamedev experience off the team, or was that another goon project?
I want to say that was the Shut Up and Jam Gaiden team? Someone was talking about how they feature creeped the gently caress out of something like Item Synthesis or some other mechanic.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

I Said No posted:

I think they only managed to hash out a few worldbuilding details before it completely went to poo poo, so there's only a very bare plot outline available at most. The basic concept was apparently fairly decent but I don't remember it well enough unfortunately.

That describes probably the majority of online video game projects, not counting the ones that never manage to get anyone with actual gamedev experience in the first place.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I won't believe it actually sold for that much until the guy has cash in hand

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
FreddieW claims he bought it

MrSpiffy posted:

I have come out of my cave of being an internet has-been to purchase this. I have the winning bid.

Roll your eyes all you want - I think this drawing is important.

I was there for the original thread, and the SA forums of that time period formed my dumbass sense of humor. That single piece of art, with the jaunty leg tilt, crotch bulge, and unorthodox card handling technique, has brought me more joy than just about any weird internet thing I've ever encountered. It's pure art - drawn by someone with genuine intent to contribute to a collaborative internet project, and like a fuckin herald of the cesspool internet to come, that project flamed out as internet strangers from around the world came together to dunk hard on it. It's one of the earliest examples of how a bunch of anonymous strangers with mixed intentions collaboratively created something far greater than the sum of its parts, and must be preserved.

This drawing and the ideas it inspired brought people together. It continues to do so. The artist claimed that dumb gently caress $150,000 banana taped to a wall is worth that much because of the "idea" of it. If so, then what is the endless fount of inspiration that this drawing represents worth?

Like the balls on the edge of the cliff, forever appearing and knocking the next one down, Johnny Five Aces will go on forever motherfuckers.

I eagerly anticipate receiving this, getting it properly framed, and lending it out to any art exhibits of internet ephemera that might happen to pop up.

https://twitter.com/fwong/status/1207133773071929345

Keru has a new favorite as of 08:01 on Dec 18, 2019

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Heath posted:

I won't believe it actually sold for that much until the guy has cash in hand

a huge not-at-all-secret about an entire marketing demographic is that nerds will give you money for anything

someone, somewhere, is absolutely paying fifty-one hundred US dollars for that piece of internet history and will frame it lovingly and put it in the room with their framed print of Loss and poster of Barnacle Jim

e: lol

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I have never had 5100 dollars at a single time

Jesus Christ I’m a failure aren’t I

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I have never had 5100 dollars at a single time

Jesus Christ I’m a failure aren’t I

I mean, yeah, but it’s not because you don’t hoard enough wealth.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Man I forgot FreddieW was a goon, good on him for using proceeds from Video Game High School to purchase classic Zybourne Clock memorabilia

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Freddie is a man who knows where his towel is.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghostlight posted:

Freddie is a man who knows where his towel is.

He's pretty frood that way

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
he is protected

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

FilthyImp posted:

It never had a coherent plot, it was just a lot of disjointed ideas. Mainly because 90% of the people involved just wanted to do "concept art", and the few people working on the story immediately started bickering over every tiny detail.

I Said No posted:

FilthyImp posted:

I felt like that may have been the case. Sucks. I remember the sketches and the weird timeline picture but not much else.

I want to say that was the Shut Up and Jam Gaiden team? Someone was talking about how they feature creeped the gently caress out of something like Item Synthesis or some other mechanic.

It was Arthur Lee (aka 'Mr Podunkian') - he's done a few xmas-themed MGS parody games, and an unfinished platformer that looked decent, but was a pretty blatant Cave Story knockoff.

Sweevo has a new favorite as of 13:41 on Dec 18, 2019

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

Sweevo posted:

90% of the people involved just wanted to do "concept art", and the few people working on the story immediately started bickering over every tiny detail
this is every group project in the history of the world

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

fauna posted:

this is every group project in the history of the world

and this is why there's not a single cool tire swing to be found in any of the pyramids

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Pastry of the Year posted:

and this is why there's not a single cool tire swing to be found in any of the pyramids

yet

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Goon project!

result: the stones are on fire somehow

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

A Tyre swing connected to a child murdering zip line

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Bobby Digital posted:

Goon project!

result: the stones are on fire somehow

Result:
- 500 bad crayon drawings of pyramids
- 50 try-hard creepypasta stories about mummies
- 400ft long papyrus scroll arguing over which brand of tyre to use
- Imhotep is run off the project for mentioning that pyramids aren't hexagonal

Sweevo has a new favorite as of 12:56 on Dec 18, 2019

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FilthyImp posted:

And the Clock was some time travel device?
It's like one of your toys, but a toy for adults.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hopefully this attaches because it is a legendary post

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
haha whoops

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Tashilicious posted:

Lmao I forgot about this. One of the unintended but better reasons to not let people edit posts in e/n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Tashilicious posted:

lmfao