Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m no Harry Potter fan but I know which one I’d be getting if I was. Go for broke is what I’m sayin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone else get that gingerbread house mini freebie?

Holy poo poo I got a lot of extra pieces. I mean like, easily 30 pieces. Multiples of same piece, too.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah, haven't built it yet. 499 pieces is kinda crazy for a freebie. I'm guessing it is 250 greebles.

The big gingerbread house had a ton of extra pieces, too.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
Extra pieces are always good. I believe it's one extra of the smaller parts per numbered bag so you often do get duplicates. They're great for detailing MOCs

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Batmobile was the slimmest set I've ever built for extra parts. was almost wondering if they were cutting down on that. Only had a couple dozen little greebles left over from a 3500 part set.

I'm pretty anal about keeping my sets complete but extra parts always go in the MOC bins.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
I haven't got mine yet, but I'm assuming that there's not many single stud pieces in the set? That's usually where the extras come from.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah good point. That is most likely why.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Ineptitude posted:

Im considering glueing Lego...

The centerpiece of my giant MOC is a tall, narrow, flimsy tower with a central column of about 80 2x2 round bricks stacked on top of eachother and 8 thin structurally unsound segments clipped on to form a somewhat circular design.

This thing was a giant pain to assemble (its so easy in the CAD software) and fell apart on me a couple of times during assembly.

Everything would be a lot easier if i glued the 2x2 round bricks together. I have run long technic axles through them already but the stack breaks in every spot where one of the axles ends/begins. Its not possible to overlap them in the centre of one of the 2x2's.

Alternatively i could use 4x4 round bricks with technic pin holes on the sides and clamp these together with beams, but these bricks costs a ton and i have none of them (whereas i have several thousands of the 2x2s)

Lego is like origami. No glue/non-lego is the equivalent of single uncut square. There are some spectacular origami models folded from rectangles, triangles and using cuts or compound methods but it's just not pure...

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Whenever there is something bigger than 1x1-stud left: time to go back through the instructions ;)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I wonder if anyone is mad enough to one-pile the batmobile. Still haven't started to build mine, but peeking at the instructions and 24 bags, with tons and tons of black.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Oxyclean posted:

I wonder if anyone is mad enough to one-pile the batmobile. Still haven't started to build mine, but peeking at the instructions and 24 bags, with tons and tons of black.

I am not your huckleberry.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Oxyclean posted:

I briefly considered it, as a return to the "good old days," but seriously gently caress that. I don't think my back could handle the amount of time that would take.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Strife posted:

I briefly considered it, as a return to the "good old days," but seriously gently caress that. I don't think my back could handle the amount of time that would take.

" Lego Back " is a real loving thing. What the gently caress. Are we just all old or what? Whether I'm crosslegged on the floor, or at a chair and table, my lower back and core are loving BEAT UP after a while. God drat. Can I get some solidarity here?!

And man, I have never wanted to not open a box more than 89 Batmobile. Once I'm done building it... I will be... sad.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 17, 2019

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
It's such a good build I almost want to take it apart and build it again.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sell the assembled on on ebay for some rich dork that doesn't have the time and the buy another copy.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
See? This is a lot of extra pieces!

I swear my build is complete...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The 2x3 and 1x1 bricks and the 2x2 plates are not in the 'extra pieces' category. Either it was an error with packaging or you messed up the build!

Time to completely disassemble and start over.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Feenix posted:

" Lego Back " is a real loving thing. What the gently caress. Are we just all old or what? Whether I'm crosslegged on the floor, or at a chair and table, my lower back and core are loving BEAT UP after a while. God drat. Can I get some solidarity here?!

Oh it’s a very real thing. When I got back into Lego, I started out doing them on my living room floor, and my back would be killing me the next day from being hunched over.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Built my Batmobile on the floor, spent next day in bed with a heating pad.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Building at a desk or table doesn't help either.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Come on, don't build on the floor, guys! We only built on the floor as children because our parents banished us there, declaring us unworthy of playing Lego on the table. But we're adults now, their tyranny is over and we can play Lego on the table, as men.

edit - Yeah it still kills my back though

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I build at a card table sitting in my computer chair and can do 6+ hours pretty easy, I'll be a little stiff but no actual pain.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I pull my adjustable office chair to the table when building so I don't have to arch my back. That has the added bonus of giving the cat a place to sit that isn't a pile of Lego.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The only solution to "Lego Back" is exercise, which means you need to buy MORE Lego to build so you strengthen those muscles!

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Oxyclean posted:

I absolutely will.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Davros1 posted:

The only solution to "Lego Back" is exercise, which means you need to buy MORE Lego to build so you strengthen those muscles!

Yeah, what this guy is selling. Go work out your abs and lower back. But some 89 Batmobiles and do crunches holding the box over your head. A+.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Don't forget to work on that hip mobility, sitting cross legged for hours is gonna cause some sore hips so make sure to include some UCS destroyer squats.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

You can use the same set over and over if you add a stair- or ladder-climbing exercise to the routine

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Feenix posted:

40337 right? Looks like you have gotten more parts than you should. According to the inventory on Bricklink it's not supposed to have any 2x3 bricks or 1x1 bricks in grey (it is grey, right?). Apparently it's got eight 2x2 brown plates so might be worth checking the build again for those. Also looks like you have more spare small parts than you should.

Occasionally I've gotten extra big parts. I have one of the minifig scale Millennium Falcons and got an extra trans-blue tube for the engine with that.

Oxyclean posted:

I've one-piled the UCS Sandcrawler more than once and that's only a little smaller than the Batmobile. To be fair, it's mostly brown and grey so it's easier to find parts in that than in a pile of black.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The batmobile doesn’t get super black until around the last 1/3rd of the build.

The overall set is pretty multicolored and most of the black parts are fairly large. I wouldn’t one pile it myself but I’d certainly rather one pile that set over an all gray Star Wars set or something.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

40337 right? Looks like you have gotten more parts than you should. According to the inventory on Bricklink it's not supposed to have any 2x3 bricks or 1x1 bricks in grey (it is grey, right?). Apparently it's got eight 2x2 brown plates so might be worth checking the build again for those. Also looks like you have more spare small parts than you should.

Occasionally I've gotten extra big parts. I have one of the minifig scale Millennium Falcons and got an extra trans-blue tube for the engine with that.

Yep that's the one. Its crazy how much I got.

[edit] Ironically, it was actually missing one piece too. Light Grey 1x1 round stud.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I am a lucky boy and my mommy loves me.

It's a pity I don't have enough time to build it before we leave for the holidays. I'm always worried the house will burn down.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Beachcomber posted:

I am a lucky boy and my mommy loves me.

It's a pity I don't have enough time to build it before we leave for the holidays. I'm always worried the house will burn down.

It's not the set I was hoping for and the play features are a waste of space and parts... But drat if that set isn't growing on me every time I see it. Could easily moc up a jeep or landcruiser for it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Feenix posted:

We did it tonight. No weird extra pieces. Just the typical greebles.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Not-LEGO Castle Greyskull down to $130

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HKV9339/ref=twister_B07X8CWZ4Z?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I'm holding off, banking on it dropping to $100.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Some 20% off stuff at target yesterday, I picked up the A-Wing to have something to build and get that General Leia's irl daughter minifig, and the Knight Bus to replace my wife's shoddy old Knight Bus at work.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Hey guys, missed the last 1,500 posts. Anything good in there?

What's the verdict on the new modular book shop? 'Cause I'm super into it and already thinking about how I can clear some space for that bad boy on my very limited display shelf.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Rhyno posted:

Not-LEGO Castle Greyskull down to $130

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HKV9339/ref=twister_B07X8CWZ4Z?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I'm holding off, banking on it dropping to $100.

The Mega Bloks TMNT Technodrome dropped to $50 at Ross, so I’d say that’s a safe bet.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My MOC tumbler is starting to take shape. Still haven't figured out how I'm gonna do the roof but I like how it's coming along. Weird loving vehicle to try and build with all of the contrasting angles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I like that more than the big 89.