Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

They weigh nothing and are cool. Putting a modern electric drivetrain in there would be sweet. My dad had one and it was a neat (albeit bare bones) commuter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

LHT K-Sight conversion coming right up.
https://youtu.be/vOBL62GTR_I

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Coredump posted:

That place is right around the corner from me, I recognized the road he was flogging it on :v:

[e] holy poo poo they will make you a CRZ the way it should have been made http://www.lhtperformance.net/documents/kr-z.html

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 17, 2019

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Has to be the ugliest cart I've ever seen.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Coredump posted:

This is super cool, but I'd find it hard to justify a full EV conversation when the Leaf exists.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

StormDrain posted:

Has to be the ugliest cart I've ever seen.

looks like a Z31

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

hell yea

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Suburban Dad posted:

They weigh nothing and are cool. Putting a modern electric drivetrain in there would be sweet. My dad had one and it was a neat (albeit bare bones and ugly as gently caress) commuter.

FTFY

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Dubious posted:

hell yea

:hfive:

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

https://annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/d/saline-1990-ford-taurus-gl-station-wagon/7039782263.html

I heard that you guys like old station wagons.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I haven't seen one in that good condition for at least fifteen years. Probably more.

Edit: :lol: Lag while accelerating...yeah you mentioned the 3.0 already

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

Edit: :lol: Lag while accelerating...yeah you mentioned the 3.0 already

Beat me to it! I helped fix one of these up for a girlfriend who's car just exploded and the 3.0 was the most sluggish V6 car I ever encountered in my life.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Ford Vulcan V6, for when you don't want horsepower, torque, revs, or reliability, but really want to waste gasoline

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
All the power of a 4-cylinder, but with V8 economy!

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I had 96 wagon. Biggest hunk of poo poo I ever owned. Dropped it's tranny all over the Subaru dealer parking lot as I traded it in and had to be pushed away by 4 salesmen.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
but but but but Robocop

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Dubious posted:

hell yea

Everett huh? Check the seats for meth and crack!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The Door Frame posted:

Ford Vulcan V6, for when you don't want horsepower, torque, revs, or reliability, but really want to waste gasoline

Reliability was kind of the one thing it had going for it. With a fluid change you could probably get half the Tauruses in a junkyard to start. Every transmission would be dead, of course.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ford should have said gently caress it and just went nuts. Place the Yamaha 3.0 in everything.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Why do loving boomers always take the doors off poo poo as if it's the first step in restoring a car.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
The Vulcan V6's hilarious acceleration was described as being "Mad Vulcan Powah" on the Taurus Car Club forums.

Yes - there is even a Ford Taurus forum - https://www.taurusclub.com/

They helped me figure out why the power steering would cut out, the radio would lose sound but the display would stay on, and some other malady I'm forgetting, all at once when I put the car in reverse.

This turned out to be corrosion on the "Transmission range sensor" or what most makes call a neutral safety switch.

Seems it was annoyingly common. The first time mine did it was definitely an "ok now what the gently caress car" moment.

"taurus loses power steering in reverse"
https://www.google.com/search?q=tau...chrome&ie=UTF-8

My memory of the Vulcan engine is that it would just make more noise when you gave it more pedal, you wouldn't get any more acceleration at all. It had one rate of acceleration and that was it.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Powershift posted:

Why do loving boomers always take the doors off poo poo as if it's the first step in restoring a car.
Easier to get in and out of in a cramped garage? :shrug:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
When doing major work under the hood I usually remove hood as step one

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Fifty Three posted:

Easier to get in and out of in a cramped garage? :shrug:

if your garage is so cramped that you have to take the doors off to get in a car, then you're not going to be able to do any work on the car elsewhere

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Vanagoon posted:

The Vulcan V6's hilarious acceleration was described as being "Mad Vulcan Powah" on the Taurus Car Club forums.

Yes - there is even a Ford Taurus forum - https://www.taurusclub.com/

20+ years ago that was a fun group. It was nothing but near penniless Taurus owners in their teens and 20s trying to wring every ounce of anything out of their clapped out handme-downs or the only car on the lot they could get approved for.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Godholio posted:

20+ years ago that was a fun group. It was nothing but near penniless Taurus owners in their teens and 20s trying to wring every ounce of anything out of their clapped out handme-downs or the only car on the lot they could get approved for.

This is described in such a way that I am certain is correct and I'm a little wistful.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Godholio posted:

My friend was part of an online club for Topaz/Tempos and this description fits perfectly.

Later on he was part of a Contour group.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Slugworth posted:

My friend was part of an online club for Topaz/Tempos and this description fits perfectly.

Later on he was part of a Contour group.

Heh, didn't the Topaz have some "hot" HO option? My friend in high school was around the first of our group to get his license and had a tempo. God dang good times.

Contour wasn't too bad. Didn't that have like a SVT option or something?

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Colostomy Bag posted:

Heh, didn't the Topaz have some "hot" HO option? My friend in high school was around the first of our group to get his license and had a tempo. God dang good times.

Contour wasn't too bad. Didn't that have like a SVT option or something?

A 94 Tempo was my first car in high school, too. Perfectly fine transportation back then.

And yeah, you could get a Contour SVT. One of the guys at my dorm in freshman year had one.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Vanagoon posted:

I prefer to call it "logical acceleration".

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

King of False Promises posted:

A 94 Tempo was my first car in high school, too. Perfectly fine transportation back then.

And yeah, you could get a Contour SVT. One of the guys at my dorm in freshman year had one.

I made my mom buy the SVT Contour, It owned in the 90s. It was literally 500 more then the lovely one.

Nevermind it wasn't that one it was just one with the yamaha v6. Don't know if it had an extra name.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

King of False Promises posted:

Yeah, now it is coming back to me. SHO fanatics (the original, with the manual) thought the SVT as maybe the answer since it had a manual.

I sort of find of funny and I can't recall the exact years but Ford actually asked questions/held focus group meetings on what a new Taurus SHO should be.

Obviously you could see how that turned out. :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
SVT Contour was this heavily suggested YOU SHOULD BUY THIS CAR thing here in AI like 10 years ago and I never figured out it the guys suggesting it were serious or loving around.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Elephanthead posted:

I made my mom buy the SVT Contour, It owned in the 90s. It was literally 500 more then the lovely one.

Nevermind it wasn't that one it was just one with the yamaha v6. Don't know if it had an extra name.

No Contour came with a Yamaha V6.

Rhyno posted:

SVT Contour was this heavily suggested YOU SHOULD BUY THIS CAR thing here in AI like 10 years ago and I never figured out it the guys suggesting it were serious or loving around.

The Contour had a pretty good chassis under it and the SVT version was basically the true successor to the OG Taurus SHO. If Ford had slipped a 3.0 block under that top-end (like they should have) it'd probably be remembered more fondly instead of being kind of half-assed.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Dec 21, 2019

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Q_res posted:

No Contour came with a Yamaha V6.

The Contour had a pretty good chassis under it and the SVT version was basically the true successor to the OG Taurus SHO. If Ford had slipped a 3.0 block under that top-end (like they should have) it'd probably be remembered more fondly instead of being kind of half-assed.

Wasn't the Contour basically the birth of the Duratec?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
In the US market, yeah. It debuted with the 2.5 and the 3.0 Duratec debuted a year later in the new Taurus.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I like this car a lot, you don't see many of them.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/d/saint-petersburg-1979-oldsmobile/7042960308.html

OptimusRhyme
Jan 12, 2006
Autobots crafting only the finest limericks.

That last picture really took a turn into left field..

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah, a wtf moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah, that's the fad around here. Looks like he returned it to stock to sell it and hoping for maybe a donk lover to be interested too