Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/legaladvice_txt...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

What he doesn't realize is that Alucard is a palindrome and that's terrible

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

blatman posted:

What he doesn't realize is that Alucard is a palindrome and that's terrible

I think it's just backwards

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://old.reddit.com/r/oddlysatisfying/comments/ebe16p/worker_unclogs_drain_causing_highway_flood/

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

blatman posted:

What he doesn't realize is that Alucard is a palindrome

No it isn't

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Jestery posted:

No it isn't

It would be if his last name was gonna be Dracula

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
My friends call me by out middle name, Racecar

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Bob :cool:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Have you met this charming website who just showed up in our tormented thread, tidder?

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
I looked on Reddit to see if this thing about Greta Thunberg on a train was getting any traction. Not really, a couple of posts on r/Conservative where a few 'but Obama has a beachfront house' comments were posted. Standard.

Oh... What's this? Why are MGTOW talking about it?

quote:

Wtf does sitting on the ground on a train have to do with the f*cking climate? Or is there something with her spoiled legs? She at least has legs to stand on, were as many male veterans of many wars dont have any cause they stepped on a mine or IED.

This spoiled attention thot who pretends she has it so hard should be trown to a 3rd world country were IS is ruling, let see what happens than with her spoiled behavior after she has being sold as a sexslave. Women captured by IS or boko haram or girls who aren’t allowed to go to school have problems, not 1st and 2nd world wemon and girls. Those should be ignored not enabled

quote:

She had a proper first class seat in the train yet chose to sit on the floor for attention grabbing internet points. And then goes into face saving defence mode. Also tells politicians should be put up against a wall. We’ve given too much freedom to these bitches.

quote:

OutOfTheLoop: Who is this loving bitch?

loving hell

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

Walton Simons posted:

I looked on Reddit to see if this thing about Greta Thunberg on a train was getting any traction. Not really, a couple of posts on r/Conservative where a few 'but Obama has a beachfront house' comments were posted. Standard.

loving hell

lol at not knowing who Greta is but calling her a loving bitch anyway

delete reddit

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
She's a female, that ought to be enough.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

"Saying politicians should be against the wall is beyond the pale!" I say, as I call for the death of a child I'm also calling a whore

MinisterSinister
Dec 17, 2019
Imagine being so insecure and useless that a little girl makes you rage for pointing out, quite rightly, how your fat rear end is ruining the planet.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

im surprised reddit doesn’t want to bang Greta, seeing as she’s underage and all

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

gbs but from 2004 posted:

im surprised reddit doesn’t want to bang Greta, seeing as she’s underage and all

They do, which is why they keep bringing up her being a sex slave or "getting Epstiened" as I saw once. Conservatives are loving vile

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Disagreeing with the statement "politicians should be against the wall for this" is as much a denial of fact as denial of climate change.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Jestery posted:

No it isn't

You've fallen for the classic blunder, now I just spoiled the plot twist of a very old movie

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Miss posted:

"Saying politicians should be against the wall is beyond the pale!" I say, as I call for the death of a child I'm also calling a whore

If they’re against the wall, how could they be beyond it as well?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Walton Simons posted:

loving hell

I love when 14 year olds who have never been in the military use veterans as a loving cudgel to espouse their toxically lovely views.

Also she's not trying to "act like she has it so hard" she's trying to warn the world of a dangerous situation. SHE IS TRYING TO HELP. YOU. TOO.

These fuckers just hate women so much. Like why? How did this loving happen? It absolutely infuriates me.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Julius CSAR posted:

I love when 14 year olds who have never been in the military use veterans as a loving cudgel to espouse their toxically lovely views.

Also she's not trying to "act like she has it so hard" she's trying to warn the world of a dangerous situation. SHE IS TRYING TO HELP. YOU. TOO.

These fuckers just hate women so much. Like why? How did this loving happen? It absolutely infuriates me.

they're a bunch of pathetic shallow turds op

it's a cruel reminder that just because you cut shitheads out of your life it doesn't mean they're gone entirely

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

And I'm stuck here trying to invent time travel to go back 8 years to shoot myself like a rube.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

infuriating

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Yeesh, the twitter account i got that from is also some weird chud.

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 18, 2019

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
I live for the 3 Ms: Memes, Marvel, and misogyny.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Well... at least he’s up front?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Did none of you have to read the story "Hannah is a Palindrome" as a child? It covers this very topic in detail!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Well... at least he’s up front?

Who says humans cant have warning colorations?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

If you kill yourself now you won't be able to participate in life's only and greatest pleasures, consuming media.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
Immensely awkward to say that instead of "I miss my friend and wish he hadn't done it", but any reason to stay alive is a valid reason, and "if you die you miss out on funny memes" might be equally as compelling as "things might maybe get better eventually if you try really hard" or "it might make other people sad" to a depressed-enough-to-be suicidal person, especially from a stranger. Maybe that OP legitimately doesn't have a reason to go on, but deciding to hang around until they get to see lovely soulless superhero movie #59 might give them enough time to get through that crisis period. :shrug:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
But doctor, I am lovely soulles superhero movie # 59

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Milo and POTUS posted:

But doctor, I am lovely soulles superhero movie # 59

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

My grandfather survived storming Iwo Jima. In the battle he won two bronze stars. Later in the war he would be forced to survive 3 long months in a Japanese prison camp. Shortly before he died I asked him what drove him to keep going during those unfathomably brutal times. The answer he gave me that day will stay with me forever. He said "Every time I wanted to give up I thought to myself, Robert you can't die on a god forsaken rock somewhere in the south pacific never knowing what happened in the Betty Boop expanded universe."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Smiling Mandrill posted:

My grandfather survived storming Iwo Jima. In the battle he won two bronze stars. Later in the war he would be forced to survive 3 long months in a Japanese prison camp. Shortly before he died I asked him what drove him to keep going during those unfathomably brutal times. The answer he gave me that day will stay with me forever. He said "Every time I wanted to give up I thought to myself, Robert you can't die on a god forsaken rock somewhere in the south pacific never knowing what happened in the Betty Boop expanded universe."

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Smiling Mandrill posted:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Smiling Mandrill posted:

“Every time I wanted to give up I thought to myself, Robert you can't die on a god forsaken rock somewhere in the south pacific never knowing what happened in the Betty Boop expanded universe."

Betty Boop #3 was the least probable ending for her solo trilogy.

“Boop Boop bedoop “ my rear end.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

these are all perfectly valid reasons to go through with it

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/dannolan/status/1207233638317748226?s=20

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
They're right but for all the wrong reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Turpitude II posted:

Immensely awkward to say that instead of "I miss my friend and wish he hadn't done it", but any reason to stay alive is a valid reason, and "if you die you miss out on funny memes" might be equally as compelling as "things might maybe get better eventually if you try really hard" or "it might make other people sad" to a depressed-enough-to-be suicidal person, especially from a stranger. Maybe that OP legitimately doesn't have a reason to go on, but deciding to hang around until they get to see lovely soulless superhero movie #59 might give them enough time to get through that crisis period. :shrug:
TW: talking about being suicidal seriously in the reddit.txt thread

I've been suicidal, and "I miss my friend and wish he hadn't done it" isn't really something that would have made me less likely to do it. The idea that you should have to live a miserable life so you don't hurt your loved ones is more likely to make things worse than better. People who are suicidal often already feel like a burden on their friends and families. Being told, "Think about the affect it'll have on the people you love" not only piles on more guilt for feeling the way you feel, but reinforces the idea that you and your feelings aren't important. That it's selfish to be suicidal. That the potential pain of others needs to be prioritized over the very real pain you are feeling right now. Talking about being suicidal with loved ones is hard enough. They usually (understandably) get upset, and often the go to is "don't do it people love you". And it can very often end up feeling like you're having to comfort and reassure them instead of being heard and understood yourself. It's that underlying thread that their feelings are more important, that their well being is more important. Intentionally or not, it's being dismissive of the pain you feel. It's putting their emotional reaction to your being suicidal as equal to your inability to be in anything but agony. And then, since talking about your pain causes them to be upset, you just.. don't.

"If you kill yourself you'll make other people unhappy" also doesn't address the actual problem of "living is misery and pain and I can't stand it and nothing ever gets better". It doesn't give an actual reason that involves you not being miserable to be alive. My mom would be heartbroken if I killed myself. But when you're that depressed, and the importance of your loved ones being happy is so stressed, and even talking about being suicidal hurts them, you start to think "Well, if I'm dead, they'll be upset. But eventually they'll move on and without me around having mental health crises and worrying them they'll end up better for it in the long run". Because no matter how much I love my mother, that doesn't mean I can handle being in horrific pain every day for the rest of my life. There is no one in this world whose happiness is so important I would be able to spend the next 40-50 years never once being happy. No one is that strong.

I was lucky enough that my mom and fiance didn't try to convince me to not kill myself because of how much it would hurt them. They didn't freak out, they didn't talk about how upset it made them, they didn't say or do anything to make me feel bad about how miserable I was. They instead did their best to show they understood that when I said I literally couldn't live like that forever, I meant it. They didn't think I was selfish to not want to be in so much pain. They didn't act as if making them happy was more important than my own happiness.I didn't feel like I couldn't ask my mom to help me get help, because I didn't feel like I was being selfish and a burden for being in pain. Because I felt like me being both alive and happy was more important to her than me being alive just so she would be happy.

If you can't understand how it feels to be that miserable, to not be able to remember the last time you felt happy, to not understand the idea that every moment alive is unbearable, then I can understand why you think it would work to say "but people love you" or "think of your poor mother's heart!". But, and this might be a hot take, saying "don't kill yourself because you'll hurt me" is actually really, really selfish. It's prioritizing yourself when the person you say you love is in crisis. It's saying that the main thing that matters is how this is going to affect you. That you don't really care how much pain they're in, you just care about how much their pain affects you. And whether that's the intent or not, that's still what's being heard. It's like telling someone slowly sinking into lava and begging you to either pull them out or put a bullet in their head that they should quiet down because it's making their mother upset to hear them scream in agony. They're still going to sink into the lava, they're just going to do it quietly instead.

And besides all of that, I can guarantee there is no one who is suicidal who hasn't heard "people will miss you" or "think of your loved ones". "Yeah, but think about all the Marvel movies you will miss!" may seem like a stupid answer. But "Hey, there are things you will love and enjoy that you will never experience still out there" is at least a reason for them to live, as opposed to a reason not to die. It's at least something they probably haven't heard a million times before. It's something that shows that the person saying it cares not just about the fact their friend is not in their life anymore, but about the happiness their friend could have experienced if they were still alive.

Personally? One of the main things that kept me from killing myself was accepting the fact I'd hurt people by killing myself. Killing myself would be hurting my loved ones anyway, so gently caress it, why not just drive off one day? Go be like that goon and walk across the country with a stroller full of raisins. Hop a railway car and get off in some small town in the middle of nowhere and start a new life. What's the worst that's gonna happen? I overdose under a bridge somewhere? If I'm just gonna end it anyway, why the gently caress not try literally anything else first?

The thing that keeps me going nowadays when I start spiraling is the fact that there are so many people who are so goddamn mad about the fact I'm alive. The fact I haven't killed myself yet makes people seethe with hatred. My very existence affects them so badly they need multiple subreddits to scream into the void about how upset it makes them. Some guy messaged me on reddit on loving Christmas telling me to kill myself. Like, man, I may have it bad, but at least I'm not the person who is spending Christmas making sure strangers online know that the fact they simply exist upsets me so much that it makes me physically ill. I'm not saying it feels good to be hated or told to kill yourself. But it's a hell of a power trip sometimes, knowing that all you need to do to make nazis vomit is be happy. The happier I am, the more they lose their poo poo and spend their lives miserable and obsessed about it.

tl;dr:
:hmmno: staying alive because people love me
:hmmyes: staying alive because nazis hate me