Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Dr Pepper posted:

Yeah when I saw my NP3 Carmilla fail to oneshot her I decided to go back to the previous stage until the next node unlocks.

That boss I can handle much easier. :v:

The nice thing is that, according to the Kscopedia guide, before the 7th gate unlocks, all the gates drop almost the same amount of sands. So you're not losing too much by going back and farming whatever node you find easiest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Yeah when I saw my NP3 Carmilla fail to oneshot her I decided to go back to the previous stage until the next node unlocks.

NP3 Carmilla with Fondant au Chocolat and friend Merlin can occasionally kill her in one turn, but yeah, usually there's a turn or two of cleanup. It would probably be more clear-cut if I'd taken the time to level Fondant, but you know how it is; so many good event CEs, so little EXP.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

even my np5 carmilla isn't one-shotting consistently with just NP (post-interlude though...)

the card cleanup is easy to come by though

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I ended up getting it down to 4-5 turns with ibaraki/arash/friend jack/my jack/mash by putting kscopes on Arash, ibaraki, and my jack, using the first two waves to build NP for the support, double tapping the second wave with ibaraki and Arash, and then plugsuiting in Mash to top off my jack and double maria-ing medusa. Kludgy and I get hosed by RNG occasionally and Im not using as many event CEs as I'd like, but I can still get +3 sands and clear the node relatively quickly.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
This Rider node actually sucked rear end for farming in multiple respects. The Servants that give bonus drops to the main event item here are all Casters (and Mash). Thankfully, the real node to farm for bells is an Assassin node, but still. Yeesh.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

NP2 Jack (+kscope) with double waver + plugsuit should be able to kill Medusa with just np. NP1 is working pretty well for me in a three turn set up.

I've got gently caress all for the next node.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i can do this caster node but it feels really bad lol

all of you who put up lotto shiki have spoiled me so i'm definitely sticking with the medusa node. thanks again

e: apparently you can do it with ridertoki and rishtar so it might not be that bad

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Dec 18, 2019

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I was having a decent bit of luck with this:

You could also just face card the first wave for a couple turns instead of using Nitocris.

Having a much better time though using this, but its definitely not something everyone can just slap together:

Drake double NPs both wave 1 and wave 2, between the stars from her first NP and the stars from her battery skill you've almost certainly got enough stars for Drake or Quetz to finish the Djinn off after Drake's second NP. Then you just completely bury Quetz in buffs and she puts Nitocris into the mat hard and you've got enough stars from the second Drake NP to finish the job if the NP doesn't

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

dogsicle posted:

e: apparently you can do it with ridertoki and rishtar so it might not be that bad

You still need double waver to do this comp, but yeah this works fine (you just need to get 10% charge on Kintoki on turn 1 or 2)

If you don't have a kscope for the double Ishtar NP you can use Arash for the first wave and give Ishtar the lotto CE, and I don't think any of the welfare skills actually need to be lored other than maybe Kintoki's battery

e: also I tried it with the gold drop CE on Kintoki - it's convenient to not need to find the facecard NP charge on the first 2 turns, but you will end up needing a lot more crit/facecard damage on Nito since you lose the extra quick damage on his NP

astr0man fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Dec 18, 2019

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Could someone remind me why Ereshkigal counts as evil?

(Answer: alignment is assigned via dart board)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

A popular theory is that alignments are often basically self-reported and how the servant views themselves.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Same reason FSN Gil is Good. So yeah, darts. :v:

But more seriously I think it's based on contemporary perception of the hero rather than modern ones. Underworld lord, death, bad.

LunarCress
Feb 7, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATFyfKvMki0 Behold the lb5 CM!

And our new servants:
3 Star rider Mandricardo https://ralspaugh.wordpress.com/2016/04/05/orlando-furioso-cast-of-characters-mandricardo/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f80470Hq6m8

5 Star rider Europa feat. giant mecha :hellyeah:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-hMfOBYjBU

And 5 Star archer Orion(the actual one this time)!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBAYc9Omwys

Plus Hektor's got an animation update
https://youtu.be/zz7eXbJKvA0

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

orion thicc

his skills seem wild but even if in practice he turns out meh, i need him

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It looks like Achilles and Chiron are going to fight each other again, which sucks. Not because they aren't cool, but because I would prefer them working together.

EDIT: I WOULD RECOGNIZE THAT GIANT ROBOT FROM ANYWHERE. THAT'S A MOTHERFUCKING BIG O REFERENCE

Gologle fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Dec 18, 2019

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

orion thicc

his skills seem wild but even if in practice he turns out meh, i need him

im loling at his face

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

There's strong 70s anime in that face and I approve.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It probably bodes poorly for the smug looking Crypter bro that Charlotte is going to be a featured story Servant in this, right? Or is that wishful thinking on my part?

also wow Talos really is just a Megadeus huh? I guess, considering what she's riding, the as-yet-unrevealed enemy servant who looks like a tokusatsu villain isn't Zeus?

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Dec 18, 2019

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://youtu.be/uOmqOhGno6Y

Nemo when!?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gologle posted:

EDIT: I WOULD RECOGNIZE THAT GIANT ROBOT FROM ANYWHERE. THAT'S A MOTHERFUCKING BIG O REFERENCE

Cast in the name of Zeus, ye not guilty

e: Orion is a bear no matter what form he's in, I love it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

It probably bodes poorly for the smug looking Crypter bro that Charlotte is going to be a featured story Servant in this, right? Or is that wishful thinking on my part?
His lostbelt's apparently gone to such poo poo that he just peaced out. He specifically mentions a 'naive princess' that wanted to go to hell together with him.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Asimo posted:

There's strong 70s anime in that face and I approve.

it reminds me of itoh yu (imperial soldiers, shut hell, ibo character design) but i don't think they really go for that such detailed muscle

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
LB5 spoilers

Argonauts, Assemble!

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 18, 2019

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Why the gently caress are you posting untagged spoilers on day 0.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It's just a random gacha CE. No spoilers.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Dec 18, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's the lb completion reward, not just a gacha ce

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah, not cool. I might say “here’s the new servants :)” is a spoiler too

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

dogsicle posted:

it's the lb completion reward, not just a gacha ce

My bad, I didn't know they gave out reward CEs. Just thought it was a cool picture/reference.

Bogart posted:

Yeah, not cool. I might say “here’s the new servants :)” is a spoiler too

Well, you can't really avoid that unless you avoid the internet. Europa and Orion are top 3 trending topics worldwide on Twitter.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 18, 2019

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
ORION FUCKS

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah i didn't hear about the ce thing until lb3 because i stumbled across that one, it seems like three jp playerbase has kept them pretty hush due to their level of story relevance

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
ORION'S GONNA WRECK IT

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

That was a whirlwind of a pull.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

OnimaruXLR posted:

also wow Talos really is just a Megadeus huh? I guess, considering what she's riding, the as-yet-unrevealed enemy servant who looks like a tokusatsu villain isn't Zeus?

Yeah, the bull that had carried Europa was Zeus, but I wonder if they actually have that be the case in FGO.

I also wonder if there are other Servants that appear on modern currency:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Factor_VIII posted:

Yeah, the bull that had carried Europa was Zeus, but I wonder if they actually have that be the case in FGO.

Florence Nightingale was on the pound at one point, Tesla has his own cryptocurrency, and Artoria is on the 100 Yen note.

I assume.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Vengarr posted:

Florence Nightingale was on the pound at one point, Tesla has his own cryptocurrency, and Artoria is on the 100 Yen note.

I assume.

Wait, what?
Was that :thejoke: and it went over my head?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Factor_VIII posted:

If you count paper currency, probably lots. Nightingale and Shakespeare have both been on British currency within the last few decades, and I'm pretty sure I remember an Irish coin with Cu Chulainn on it before they switched to the Euro.

They can't compete with Europa being on every single Euro note, though.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 18, 2019

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Omobono posted:

Wait, what?
Was that :thejoke: and it went over my head?

Well, she's not on there yet. But It's only a matter of time.

Just discovered Jeanne has her own Euro coin in France, so add her to the list.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Is Orion the first time we've ever had the same servant in the same container twice and the difference is just "this time no one hosed with the summoning"? All the other "same person" ones are usually different aspects and often different containers.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Is Orion the first time we've ever had the same servant in the same container twice and the difference is just "this time no one hosed with the summoning"? All the other "same person" ones are usually different aspects and often different containers.

Red Nero and Bride Nero, arguably. From Chaldea's point of view Bride Nero is the real version, Red Nero is some weirdo from the moon.

You might also count Assassin Li, though the version of him from EXTRA still hasn't appeared in FGO.

Also I'm not sure "this time no one hosed with the summoning" is true for Orion? His name isn't just "Orion", after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

Red Nero and Bride Nero, arguably. From Chaldea's point of view Bride Nero is the real version, Red Nero is some weirdo from the moon.

incredibly frightening pair of sentences, please pray for chaldea