Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So, on these 24 hour rebirths. If I've just done a challenge, they should be started after I've gotten back up to my previous level right?

It's just that I seem to always still need to grind out a poo poo ton of levels in advanced training, etc to make a dent in the beard verse that I don't think it's possible to leave it idling for 24 hours and make progress where I am.

Should I basically rebirth then spread my energy/magic out across the time machine, advanced training, augments, Wandoos and blood while I'm out at work to make the most gains?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kin posted:

So, on these 24 hour rebirths. If I've just done a challenge, they should be started after I've gotten back up to my previous level right?

It's just that I seem to always still need to grind out a poo poo ton of levels in advanced training, etc to make a dent in the beard verse that I don't think it's possible to leave it idling for 24 hours and make progress where I am.

Should I basically rebirth then spread my energy/magic out across the time machine, advanced training, augments, Wandoos and blood while I'm out at work to make the most gains?

Do whatever to get back to your number, with banks just running a single 24h should get you back on track for the most part. A 72 hour long run should completely fill your banks even if you have all the upgrades. This assumes that you are BBing the feature the entire time, if you aren't, banks will fill all the faster. The important ones are advanced training as you said.

The only thing doing a few 30 minute long runs before you start the 24h is going to do is increase your NUMBER, which will just increase how many bosses you can kill. If you are having adventure problems, only time will help, and a long run will fill the banks fastest.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Kin posted:

If you're aiming for an adventure zone you can already reach by killing the bosses, there's no need for 24h rebirth while you're getting the drops. Spread your resources only on the stats that will help, I'd guess 1/4 Energy on Power and Toughness then 1/2 on NGU Adventure, or pump Adv Training with all your energy for a day and then fill in with NGUs if you're not fond of scattering your energy like that. A little bit in your Time Machine as well, since it's going to be leveling up for a while.

I think Magic NGUs are still very hard to come by in Beardverse so if you can't get some good levels on NGU Ygg or Exp then get some Drop Chance and Gold bonus for 10min or so and then leave all of it in your Time Machine.

There's no need to level Wandoos or anything else that won't help your Adventure Stats.

edit: Before finishing Normal I was extremely finicky with my numbers so I recall that my Adv Training levels up until The Beast would be around 80k/90k on both Power and Toughness and then I'd get the rest of the stats with NGUs.

Post-Beardverse is also a good spot to finish the Basic Challenges after you finish the set.

Samuringa fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 17, 2019

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Well, not having any banks might explain why it take me longer to get back to where i was.

What's BBing though?

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Merijn posted:

....Javascript?

More of a project management question

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Kin posted:

Well, not having any banks might explain why it take me longer to get back to where i was.

What's BBing though?

No one has banks in Beardverse, or for most of Normal, ignore that.

BB is Black Bar, when you're gaining levels so fast it doesn't "fill" anymore but rather just show a part of the progress bar coloured and static.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kin posted:

What's BBing though?

BB, black bar, you completely max the feature in speed, it can go no faster.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Samuringa posted:

No one has banks in Beardverse, or for most of Normal, ignore that.

BB is Black Bar, when you're gaining levels so fast it doesn't "fill" anymore but rather just show a part of the progress bar coloured and static.

Partial fill is not BB, BB is only when it's 100% filled when you press cap.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
And Adv Training doesn't have caps so that's useless as well.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

So, is it more worthwhile for me to get myself back up into stats that let me grind the beardverse and complete the set rather than doing 24 hour rebirths to up my BEARd stats at the minute?

The 24 hours probably isn't increasing it by much, and presumably if i unlock more beard slots first the 24 hour rebirths are more worthwhile?

edit: Oh and i think i've been neglecting my Iron pills. What's a nice base level of attack/defence i should aim for while at the beardverse stage? It's currently 3180 for power and 3072 for defence.

Kin fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 17, 2019

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kin posted:

So, is it more worthwhile for me to get myself back up into stats that let me grind the beardverse and complete the set rather than doing 24 hour rebirths to up my BEARd stats at the minute?

The 24 hours probably isn't increasing it by much, and presumably if i unlock more beard slots first the 24 hour rebirths are more worthwhile?

edit: Oh and i think i've been neglecting my Iron pills. What's a nice base level of attack/defence i should aim for while at the beardverse stage? It's currently 3180 for power and 3072 for defence.

you should be rebirthing until you softcap beard and neckbeard at 1000

regarding the latter, you're going to be more dependent on equipment then your base stats once you reach beardverse so iron pill sucks and wont really do much

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

you should be rebirthing until you softcap beard and neckbeard at 1000

regarding the latter, you're going to be more dependent on equipment then your base stats once you reach beardverse so iron pill sucks and wont really do much

Maybe, but the stats still add up, so don't neglect it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
The Iron Pill is okay until you reach a good level on your Fruit of Adventure and get better stats boost from doing nothing while it grows instead of putting your Magic somewhere. But that's still a while aways from BV.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Samuringa posted:

The Iron Pill is okay until you reach a good level on your Fruit of Adventure and get better stats boost from doing nothing while it grows instead of putting your Magic somewhere. But that's still a while aways from BV.

So, with my gold boosted i can get roughly +300 to stats with iron pill in a half hour of throwing blood at it. If my current base stats are just ~3000 is that not an overall 10% increase which will then be multiplied by all of the other equipment boosts i have on top of it?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Equipment stats are added to it, not multiplied.

E: for example, my base power is 84,021 and equipment adds another 251,014 and 3,666 from the cube for a subtotal of 338,701 before any multipliers are applied. With my average iron pill being around 500, it's easy to see how it loses effectiveness quickly when your equipment stats increase.

The Fool fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 18, 2019

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
It's not bad, just something that will get passed over real quick because you'll earn more ways to get base stats and better uses for your Blood, mostly in the NGUs.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Everything blood related has seriously diminishing returns, so putting a little bit into iron pill whenever it's up is fine.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

my blood is like: 1: dump whatever generated while adv training unlocked after rebirth into gold. 2. is pill off cooldown? pill. 3. is beta off cooldown? beta. 4. is alpha off cooldown? alpha. 5. am I about to rebirth? number.

if my cooldowns stop lining up I wait until I get ~500k stats from pill, +6 levels from beta, or +15 levels from alpha before activating.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

SynthesisAlpha posted:

This is the exact reason somethingggg decided on "perk points".

yes it is

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Any good Android idlers out lately? I could use some good time killers for my flights around the holidays. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of Idle Skilling recently, but I'm essentially at current endgame there. I also saw that Antimatter Dimensions did a good Android port, but I played that to death on PC.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Meinberg posted:

Huh, an idle CCG isn’t the worst idea I’ve heard of, I think it might actually work out fairly decently.

this would be p. great. Though I'd probably never get sleep again.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Do you get the cards idly, or do you assemble decks and make some crude AI using building blocks? I guess making the AI priority and deck would have to be the gameplay. Now do you allow for manual control PvP and basically make it an actual card game with a simulator attached?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
An idle game combined with a good Puzzle Quest-style Match 3 game would probably murder me.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Hi I asked about this before but am trying again, is there a way you could make time when NGU is open but the computer is in sleep or hibernation count as offline time instead of just lost time? It sucks when I forget to close NGU before going to bed and then in the morning it's exactly where I left off

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm taking a break from NGU this week, mostly because I started the Troll challenge on Sunday thinking a day would be enough to get through the first challenge. Almost did it, but when I took a break to make lunch and do some chores, I forgot to close NGU and lost a good chunk of progress. I refuse to quit out of spite towards Something.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Randalor posted:

I'm taking a break from NGU this week, mostly because I started the Troll challenge on Sunday thinking a day would be enough to get through the first challenge. Almost did it, but when I took a break to make lunch and do some chores, I forgot to close NGU and lost a good chunk of progress. I refuse to quit out of spite towards Something.

It's weird, after doing the first run in a few hours it didn't seem so bad. Unless more troll antics show up in the follow up runs, it was only really the "I've just broken everything" troll that got in the way.

A lot of micro management was needed though.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Troll challenge is a lot of fun when you have the stats for it.

You cannot force it though, if you don't have the stats it is going to be brutal and idling in it for a week will not help at all towards progress. If a troll is taking more than an hour you need more stats.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kin posted:

It's weird, after doing the first run in a few hours it didn't seem so bad. Unless more troll antics show up in the follow up runs, it was only really the "I've just broken everything" troll that got in the way.

A lot of micro management was needed though.

you get the same antics, but the frequency gradually drops from 120 seconds to 70 seconds per troll plus the boss target going up

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

pixaal posted:

Troll challenge is a lot of fun when you have the stats for it.

You cannot force it though, if you don't have the stats it is going to be brutal and idling in it for a week will not help at all towards progress. If a troll is taking more than an hour you need more stats.

I'm not idling, just that I've been dealing with my dad's estate stuff all week after , and won't have a chance to sit down and give it the attention it needs to finish it off until Friday. I realized that I was probably understatted after a few hours into the challenge, but I'm almost at the goal and I'm petty and spiteful enough to refuse to give something the satisfaction of having someone rage quit the challenge.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

pixaal posted:

Do you get the cards idly, or do you assemble decks and make some crude AI using building blocks? I guess making the AI priority and deck would have to be the gameplay. Now do you allow for manual control PvP and basically make it an actual card game with a simulator attached?

Can it be both? Get cards/card packs Idly, You manually assemble your "deck/Decks", then matches play themselves or treat it like Megaman battle network where drawn cards are attacks used against the generic-enemy-mob-currently-getting-rolled.

Also in NGU, what is the no items challenge? I want the auto-upgrade thingy.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Akay posted:

Can it be both? Get cards/card packs Idly, You manually assemble your "deck/Decks", then matches play themselves or treat it like Megaman battle network where drawn cards are attacks used against the generic-enemy-mob-currently-getting-rolled.

Also in NGU, what is the no items challenge? I want the auto-upgrade thingy.

No equipment means exactly what it sounds like. Your gear is basically zeroed out. It does absolutely nothing.

I'm can't remember fully what is good to get over it, but I'm betting NGUs. Someone else can probably give you good details on what stats you want to make it not eye gouging. Or you can test it yourself, make a quick save, start the challenge in a new window / different platform see how it goes, revert / continue in the other window if it goes poorly. This way you don't lose NUMBER / banks for nothing.

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe

Megazver posted:

An idle game combined with a good Puzzle Quest-style Match 3 game would probably murder me.

It's not super deep, but I remember having fun with Puzzle Fuzz: Idle Stories back when it came out. It's really more of the "upgrade" genre that was popular in flash games back then, rather than what an incremental/idle style game is now.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I'm just about to start AKing Beastv2, and one level from POM24. I have a to-do list that probably extends into the next couple weeks, but I feel like PP is still as slow as it was from the start.

Is there some way to Grow My PP that I'm completely missing/ignoring? I cannot understand how the future allows for hundreds or thousands of PP per purchase. What should I be doing now to ensure I don't have a tiny PP for life?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Beast Mode, NGU PP, and PP digger, basically. Fruit of Rage as well when you have maxed most of the first page.

The hundreds or thousands perks are for later in the game, I assume around mid-Evil some bigger bonuses to our income will pop up.

I cleared Normal with Banks IV as my most expensive perks and haven't touched V yet as of clearing the first adventure zone, for reference.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

torgo posted:

It's not super deep, but I remember having fun with Puzzle Fuzz: Idle Stories back when it came out. It's really more of the "upgrade" genre that was popular in flash games back then, rather than what an incremental/idle style game is now.

You have slightly over a year to play that, it's in Flash. Flash is getting a hard disable from every major browser on 1/1/2021, you can get around it by using the enterprise versions, I think. I'm also sure with firefox being open source some version will be maintained that allows flash to run, but you probably don't want to add a massive security hole just to play old games that are mostly bad. (Anything actually good has been ported for the most part, yes there's stuff that is going to get lost, but for a game on Kong, if it's still on flash at this point, it's a dead game, and not worth jumping through hoops to play).

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

you get the same antics, but the frequency gradually drops from 120 seconds to 70 seconds per troll plus the boss target going up

Aha it felt like it was getting more frequent towards the end of my run. I take it that kicks in after an hour or so?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kin posted:

Aha it felt like it was getting more frequent towards the end of my run. I take it that kicks in after an hour or so?

It gets more frequent each time you successfully complete the challenge, not the longer you play one.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

pixaal posted:

It gets more frequent each time you successfully complete the challenge, not the longer you play one.

Also, the 'big' trolls are predictable, so you can play around it to some degree. Most of the Big Trolls don't affect your NUMBER for example, so I've been waiting until just after a big troll to rebirth, because some of them are really bad to get at the beginning of a rebirth.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Falcon2001 posted:

Also, the 'big' trolls are predictable, so you can play around it to some degree. Most of the Big Trolls don't affect your NUMBER for example, so I've been waiting until just after a big troll to rebirth, because some of them are really bad to get at the beginning of a rebirth.

You wont be able to hit the same stats to kill the next boss again before the next big troll, if your stats didn't change you can push that birth to a second big troll instead. Always rebirth directly after a big troll.

You can stretch if you really want / have to by going for the first big troll after an hour into the rebirth, this gives a lot of time multiplier and all your fruit. You spend the rebirth until first big troll that lowers stats playing normally. You then wait for the time to increase and ignore the game for the next 20-40 minutes. The goal is activating your long term fruit with this kind of stretch. It is not fun, and it is not optimal, only do this if you just want the reward because you are here doing the challenge now and are just so close gently caress it.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
You can also savescum the Troll challenge. Save like 30-60 seconds before the Big Troll, reload if everything got ruined.