Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Tashilicious posted:

they were the one with the really
really
*really*
cringy "hahahaha homosexuals" LP of FFVIII, right?

No, that was some other person who was Leo-something or other. I think the way it went was: They hated the original LP, asked for it to be taken down, started another one with less of that kind of humor, promptly quit after a few updates, and then never bothered to post again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Bystander posted:

No, that was some other person who was Leo-something or other. I think the way it went was: They hated the original LP, asked for it to be taken down, started another one with less of that kind of humor, promptly quit after a few updates, and then never bothered to post again.

well thank god for that

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i think azure horizon was the one who made a good LP of one of the Breath of Fire games that had a big thread and lots of fanart, which lead to some goons with very good brains complaining that the LP shouldn't have been purged from the archive because you have to separate art from the artist :qq:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/KaiserNeko/status/1201787190453387264

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

God drat. :allears:.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
azure horizon was basically fishmech with less joie de vivre, he never ever let anything go despite having no actual debating skill beyond posting "i like [x]. i like [x] because [y]. if you don't like [x] then it must be because [z]" for pages and pages wherever he went

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-XblpkRPPY

Here's a direct comparison.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Vic is saying that he's giving his blessing to JYB but also like literally it's not any of his place to say and he's just twisting the narrative to make it look like he's willingly stepping down.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
If he'd gone away quietly it'd be too out-of-character.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If one wanted to be generous you could take that as awareness on his part that his fanbase might decide to be assholes to Johnny for replacing him and wanting to avoid that. I don't really have such generosity though since it seems like he always wants to have the last word on a subject.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
he's probably not willing to step to a man either (outside of a faceless org)

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Justin_Brett posted:

If one wanted to be generous you could take that as awareness on his part that his fanbase might decide to be assholes to Johnny for replacing him and wanting to avoid that.

honestly i kind of buy this. after all, JYB is male

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo. I remember this moment. The movie came out at around the same time that I started practicing for my scholarship exams for music school. The movie theater which I frequented was sorta weird in that most theaters/cinemas around the city had at least 2 to 3 screens, whereas this one it was just one screen/auditorium/whachamacallit, so it was common to alternate movies between days/schedules/what-have-you. I remember because in the LatAm dub instead of saying "Soy un Sapo", the voice actor just said "Sapo :(" with the despondent level up to 11, and everyone in the loving theater busted their sides laughing.

Because since the movie made it here on July instead of June (relatively quick, but still like 2 months after it originally came out in the US I think), they were doing a sorta "1 ticket, stay for 2 films" deal, which they always did during the three big school breaks, using a recent premiere and either a "last year or so but because lol Mexico never got this when it first came out"-film or a somewhat older film. In that same theater I saw Space Jam and Singles with my first girlfriend when the former first premiered here, and I remembered the Grunge romcom because it was also one of the last dates we went to watch again (this time at the local cineteca) before she moved to SoCal on May '97.

Why do I remember that Mighty Morphin' outing so well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahrBOvz1jzA

This was the 2nd movie that day. :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Justin_Brett posted:

If one wanted to be generous you could take that as awareness on his part that his fanbase might decide to be assholes to Johnny for replacing him and wanting to avoid that. I don't really have such generosity though since it seems like he always wants to have the last word on a subject.

Patware posted:

honestly i kind of buy this. after all, JYB is male
Given how loving stupid Mignogna turned out to be at... well, in general, but just in general when demonstrating his complete lack of interest in getting up to date with the case that cost him a mint, maybe he's afraid of legal repercussions?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'm way more prepared for him to be thinking 'aw, that's just a good ol' industry guy (emphasis guy), better keep my dogs back' than him having smartened up at all as a result of all this, knowing how dixiecrat-types tend to operate

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Vic wasn't replaced by JYV, they fired Vic because he's a sexual predator and then they hired someone else to fill the position. Saying he was replaced makes it sound like they were deciding between the person who had the job and a new candidate. It was between JYV and everyone on earth who wasn't Vic.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wark Say posted:

Holy poo poo. I remember this moment. The movie came out at around the same time that I started practicing for my scholarship exams for music school. The movie theater which I frequented was sorta weird in that most theaters/cinemas around the city had at least 2 to 3 screens, whereas this one it was just one screen/auditorium/whachamacallit, so it was common to alternate movies between days/schedules/what-have-you. I remember because in the LatAm dub instead of saying "Soy un Sapo", the voice actor just said "Sapo :(" with the despondent level up to 11, and everyone in the loving theater busted their sides laughing.

The legend is it was an improv, too. Johnny was legit disappointed he was getting a frog while everybody else was getting bears and wolves and stuff.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Agent Escalus posted:

If he'd gone away quietly it'd be too out-of-character.

The point of this whole thread is that either way he’s out of character

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Vic is coming to my local con. I am trying to do something about it. I emailed a bunch of information to reporters in the area. This is Montgomery Sonocon, next weekend the 14th and 15th

I told the organizers what I thought about it but they are deleting all dissent.

Any other ideas? Seriously considering standing out there with a picket so parents bringing their kids in know about it. Would anyone be up for a goon meet?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

this comes to mind because i know a friend of hers: have you sent a message to renfamous about it? she loves to hunt and kill and tear the flesh by all accounts

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't know who that is unfortunately, is that a goon from around here?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I don't know who that is unfortunately, is that a goon from around here?

She's on twitter mostly and heavily involved in calling out comicsgaters, but also happy to put cons on blast for inviting Vic.

Edit: this is her

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1202589936936980481?s=20

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ani-YouTuber MarzGurl would be another one but she has sadly been suspended from Twitter thanks to false flagging by, no lie, a dude and his army of sock puppets.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Thanks, I dropped her a message.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/shane_holmberg/status/1205609024034607104

Yeah! A properly filed appeal! Go get 'em, champ! Come back in the fourth quarter football analogy woo!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Man, you could've just gone with the "finally reached the toilet after painting my pants feces-brown-and-green" analogy. Like wasn't the judge basically telling him "Take the L and get the gently caress outta here, for if you do this again, we're properly cleaning you up" with the previous results?

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Congrats to Vic for getting to pay an extra 142 grand :yotj:

Wark Say posted:

Man, you could've just gone with the "finally reached the toilet after painting my pants feces-brown-and-green" analogy. Like wasn't the judge basically telling him "Take the L and get the gently caress outta here, for if you do this again, we're properly cleaning you up" with the previous results?

Beard managed to cost Vic even more money with his fuckup filing.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Hub Cat posted:

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Hub Cat posted:

Imagine appealing fees when you've got the sword of 142oclese inching ever closer to your neck

At this point, considering how much of a haircut the judge gave the defendants requested fees, he's basically agreeing with the defendants that they weren't rewarded enough, isn't he? He was warned this would happen.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Yes.

Basically at this point Vic has double downed twice on this. The mediation was one point where it was like "OMG please get out before you hurt yourself." and then the fees were basically like "Look, go away kid before this gets very painful."

It's a huge gamble too cause I wouldn't judge Chipp to be particularly on the moving defendants side. You could get someone worse even if you win on appeal.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
The haircut Chipp took to the fees the defendants requested and the complete non-existence of sanctions was a travesty of justice anyway. I understand that the defendants can counter-appeal now to get those restored at the minimum?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The filing's already been done, apparently.
https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1205930394991898629

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
You can see Ron/Monica's cross appeal here, very dry stuff, but yeah now you get to wait forever in the slow hell that is appeals court.

https://twitter.com/shane_holmberg/status/1206353064288038912?s=19

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Julias posted:

You can see Ron/Monica's cross appeal here, very dry stuff, but yeah now you get to wait forever in the slow hell that is appeals court.

This is could make it hard for the outrage miners to make money off it as there's going to be about nothing to talk about for ages.

Also, at least they're honest now:

https://twitter.com/whatevernixon/status/1206970043617153024

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
It seems the theme of being unable to count or do basic math among Vic supporters still persists, calling 250-300k 'near a million dollars'.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wouldn't statements of that type actually prove beneficial to Vic's appeal, though?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Julias posted:

It seems the theme of being unable to count or do basic math among Vic supporters still persists, calling 250-300k 'near a million dollars'.

Pretty appropriate though considering the frequency of speed subs and scanelators to gently caress up numbers by nearly or exceeding orders of magnitude.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gyges posted:

Pretty appropriate though considering the frequency of speed subs and scanelators to gently caress up numbers by nearly or exceeding orders of magnitude.

Learning Japanese is as easy as 1 2 3! Though 1 2 3 depends on exactly what you're counting.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Wouldn't statements of that type actually prove beneficial to Vic's appeal, though?
they can't introduce evidence on an appeal. an appeal is based off of what the judge had to work with in applying the law to the facts of the case, if you screwed up demonstrating any facts in a case you instigated then that's on you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Wark Say posted:

Once it’s clear the army of Vic stans does targeted harassment etc. Vic and his associates, including his attorneys, have a higher duty to avoid doing things that will set them off.