Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Sanskrit Scat posted:

Everyone will be impeached!!

Haha what a turd.

It's the one honest thing the Republicans have said, they're dead serious about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1207367966490267650

lmfao i can't believe i missed this

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

FBS posted:

It's the one honest thing the Republicans have said, they're dead serious about it

If Republicans take the house back any time in the next ten years and there's a Democratic president, we will have at least one impeachment. We are definitely going to get at least one, probably many retaliatory impeachments from this band of insane idiots.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

did...did they not know this?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Lets just get to the real stuff:

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1207372315748634624

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Arturo Ui posted:

did...did they not know this?

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if they're that stupid

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Every Republican has a dumb southern accent. This is insane.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

1glitch0 posted:

Every Republican is a dumb hick at heart, confirmed.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
The only thing I love more than a dumb conspiracy theory is a dumb conspiracy being absolutely incoherently presented by a racist piece of poo poo.

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

Reminder that Steve King is a piece of poo poo and got trolled on Twitter by someone named "MuellerDad69" lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

1glitch0 posted:

You now know what it's like to live in my state of South Carolina.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gatts posted:

Unless there is a surprise Trump is not getting removed. Hope is to somehow use this as an albatross for the GOP in 2020 and beyond elections.

I've got a bad feeling its going to end up the opposite. Its going to be a rallying point for the right to be even more entrenched in giving him a second term. A bunch of cons will just look at this whole display as proof that he did nothing wrong because he wasn't "really impeached" since he wont actually be removed from office.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

Sand Monster posted:

I have regularly seen it dismissed as being pointless because there's no way it will make it through the Senate vote

I'm not attacking you, since you're only saying you've "seen it", but this defeatist, apathetic attitude is so frustrating. It's a huge reason why voter turnout is so low in this country. It's exactly what perpetuates corporate and governmental corruption. These soulless, grifting leeches want nothing more than for the collective public to put their heads in the sand so they can continue sucking our blood unabated. Even though the deck is stacked against a guilty verdict, the Democratic party still needs to shine a light on this and every other bit of corruption.

SubG posted:

In order to get poo poo done you have to take action even when the result will not be the immediate capitulation of the other side.

Exactly.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

vincentpricesboner posted:

I've got a bad feeling its going to end up the opposite. Its going to be a rallying point for the right to be even more entrenched in giving him a second term. A bunch of cons will just look at this whole display as proof that he did nothing wrong because he wasn't "really impeached" since he wont actually be removed from office.

You mean those geniuses who though Obama was responsible for 911, was from Kenya, etc?

Those guys?

Man, if only we could find the right argument to convince them.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Angry redhaired guy bringing it (he's bringing nothing but yelling)

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
The Republican impeachment defence looks like someone told them that whoever can muster the most lily-white anger wins.

Rep. Loudermilk (R) is a bit on the nose namewise.

SubG fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 18, 2019

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

OMG with the Jesus due process references. gently caress off windbag

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

It really is something watching all these white, geriatric dudes trying to muster some anger, and then switching to all the diverse members from the D's

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

they impeached jesus, you know

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

When do they actually vote

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Google Butt posted:

Some time this evening, there is no exact timetable.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
This is our Pearl Harbor.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Google Butt posted:

They original estimate C-SPAN gave this morning was like 7pm

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

The 2018 election never happened. Only 2016. #maga

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

eke out posted:

they impeached jesus, you know

got a real life lol from me

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Today is the day!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I stopped listening to join a conference call, but I'm guessing I didn't miss much. Smarmy Georgia guy introduces another hick representative that says "can't impeach someone who won an election, also the librul agenda's stopping us from doing the good work we want to do", right?

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Loving Scott Perry’s tie

Ho ho ho!

Really lends gravity to the proceedings

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

I stopped listening to join a conference call, but I'm guessing I didn't miss much. Smarmy Georgia guy introduces another hick representative that says "can't impeach someone who won an election, also the librul agenda's stopping us from doing the good work we want to do", right?

If you’re only half paying attention, they all sound like the same hick repeating themselves every few minutes.

You could some up the next few hours as: 1 minute to an old white southern man then 1 minute to literally everyone else.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Cenk is am idiot rear end in a top hat who deserves being left to twist in the wind. This should not be controversial.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

Did that Republican woman just complain about drug pricing and how "we haven't been able to fix it because of this" when the Republicans have done literally everything possible to privatize and deregulate healthcare to the point of attempting to instate laissez faire capitalism?

The funniest thing about this is the Republicans suddenly discovering the fact that this country has multiple problems including an opioid epidemic student loan debt and high drug prices.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

"If Ukraine felt pressure to investigate Biden then Zelensky would have said so!" is one of the dumbest talking points that the Republicans clung to throughout this process.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Madame speaker I rise today to say impeach the motherfucker! I’ve hated Donald Trump ever since he was inaugurated and I’ve been waiting...panting.... sweating..... for this moment.

Count 1) I hate Donald trump
Count 2) he ugly

With that I yield back.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug
I did like when the Republicans said some bullshit that was lies, nadler quickly corrected them.

One Republican fuckhead was going on about trump not being able to call witnesses, nadler followed up with "we offered but her never accepted" calling witnesses.

Another said "let's get to America's business " nadler countered with the hundreds of bipartisan bills currently gathering dust on McConnell desm.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Ehud posted:

"If Ukraine felt pressure to investigate Biden then Zelensky would have said so!" is one of the dumbest talking points that the Republicans clung to throughout this process.

“Welp, the hostage with the gun pointed at his head said his captors were good people who aren’t causing harm, let’s let them go. Lunch?”

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Dumb question here, maybe. But, what's the point of this debate? Is it just so every member of the House gets their couple of minutes to speak?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Douchebag posted:

Dumb question here, maybe. But, what's the point of this debate? Is it just so every member of the House gets their couple of minutes to speak?

Basically. You want to have nice ads for re-election time.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

Douchebag posted:

The Republicans are doing everything in their power to a) make the whole proceedings as boring as possible so people stop caring and b) show Daddy Trump and their Trump loving constituents that they will defend their god king against the slings and arrows of the perfidious Democrat traitors.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jamiedupree/status/1207341207313141760

Official start time was 12:08pm

He does good reporting. He reports on DC for a number of talk radio stations. The chuds hate him for being impartial

Dehry fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
lol at loving Gohmert spreading Russian propaganda on the floor of the house.

truly the dumbest motherfucker in the house ever since tom cotton went to the senate.