Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

Had an interesting galaxy brain line of thought...
Wondering if my galaxy brain Noura wins take can still come true. What if they do a F2 due to the Dan expulsion and it’s Dean/Noura at the end..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Uh, sure?

I'm not out on Dean winning right now though.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dean winning might be the best outcome to truly cement the season as the worst possible season ever.

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

" Whoa! Death? He's come for me!... Death is sleeping too..."
It's weird going into a final knowing that there is ZERO chance of a compelling, likable winner as Janet is almost certainly going to get her idol nullified and voted out next. Usually there is at least one worth rooting for even if they probably won't make it. Are there actual fans of Tommy, Lauren, Dean or Noura out there?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm fine with a Lauren win since we haven't had a strategic female win in a while and her airtime has been more interesting than Tommy and less... punchable than Dean.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Janet still has a shot at immunity depending on what it is. Dean can't nullify a proper immunity, and they are definitely having a send-off for Rob and Sandra so there's potential for another idol out of that. If Janet has 2 then perhaps he can only nullify one?

That all said, yeah it's a long shot for a satisfying end.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Fortunately I got invited to go to a board game night so I won't be tempted to watch this garbage live

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Since the finale is being pre-taped, there will be spoilers readily available this afternoon, so I'll know whether or not to bother. :toot:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
In a statement late Tuesday, provided to USA TODAY by CBS senior vice president of communications Phil Gonzalez, the network recognized that things needed to change.

According to the statement, orientation for Season 40 included guidelines on reporting issues regarding personal space and inappropriate behavior.

Changes going forward include an onsite contact who can deal with concerns; new antiharassment, unconscious bias and sensitivity training; and a new rule that unwelcome touching, sexual harassment and biases are prohibited in the game.

The statement ended noting CBS will develop and adopt similar policies for the network's other reality programs.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know how "biases are prohibited" fits into this whole thing or is remotely enforceable, but I only found that summary not the actual statement it references

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Here's the whole thing.

They're also partnering with a "third party expert" to evaluate whether they need to make even more changes. Which, depending on the expert, could be either really good or really bad. But the fact that they released such a lengthy statement basically admitting they hosed up and are committed to doing better, and then giving some actual specifics on how... well, it's something. It's honestly better than what I thought we'd get.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well at least Dan touched a producer so they could get this poo poo in place for the future.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Only took 39 seasons.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Before Finale actually gets taped, my winner guess is Lauren.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm going with my heart Janet

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lauren slightly over Tommy would be my guess.

At least it will be over.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

The Walrus posted:

Pony: Dan
Poison: Dean

The Walrus must have had quite the wild ride this season.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My gut says Dean will somehow win

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
My bet is on Chris, my backup bet in the Queen with her third win. My novelty guess is one of the two white dudes who should just be the same person but whatever

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Tommy

Janet nullified then Lauren losing to Noura in fire imo.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I'll go with Noura, because, I don't know, there's just something appealing about her genuine nuttiness. Like, forget Chaos Kass and all the others, Noura is actually chaotic. Or insane.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheCenturion posted:

I'll go with Noura, because, I don't know, there's just something appealing about her genuine nuttiness. Like, forget Chaos Kass and all the others, Noura is actually chaotic. Or insane.

I could see the jury giving it to her not because she is deserving but because the other choices are lovely people and she is just basically a force of nature.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's gotta be Tommy or Lauren that will win. Tommy has to be the #1 if he makes it to the end. Which really, he probably will as everything has shown while he's uninteresting for TV, he's playing an A grade social game.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's gotta be Tommy or Lauren that will win. Tommy has to be the #1 if he makes it to the end. Which really, he probably will as everything has shown while he's uninteresting for TV, he's playing an A grade social game.

He's got two other players in Lauren and Dean playing for him to get to the final 3, so it's hard to see how he doesn't get there and win barring a fire loss.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
What was Jeffs excitement level prior to the show airing? Isn't he generally more excited when a dude wins it?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TMMadman posted:

What was Jeffs excitement level prior to the show airing? Isn't he generally more excited when a dude wins it?

I dunno, but it's not like anyone on the show had reason to be excited for the season. It's not like it's a surprise to them that Dan was getting booted.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Isn't the finale going to be preempted by them breaking to coverage of the impeachment vote anyway, thus not giving us closure on this terrible season.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nerox posted:

Isn't the finale going to be preempted by them breaking to coverage of the impeachment vote anyway, thus not giving us closure on this terrible season.

Christ you're right

:siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:
WE NOW TAKE YOU TO A VOTE YOU ALREADY KNOW THE OUTCOME OF

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
I'll throw my hat in for Tommy as winner. Think he's got a favourable edit, lots of shots of him rubbing his chin strategizin' real hard

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Christ you're right

:siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:
WE NOW TAKE YOU TO A VOTE YOU ALREADY KNOW THE OUTCOME OF

This season of Survivor has been really bad, but not nearly as bad as the recent seasons of Earth. At least on Survivor they eventually got around to kicking Dan off. On Earth they made magnitudes-worse-Dan immune to justice and gave him unlimited power.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

nerox posted:

Maybe CBS will be nice enough to decide that they don't need to provide live coverage of what will be Trumps 2020 ticket.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Spoilers are out there. Not going to post them here at all, but they're there if you want to look.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'd look them up but I really need the distraction for the next couple of hours. I already got the spoilers on that, p grim.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Just tell me who won so I don't have to watch

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Please don't post spoilers in this thread

If you want to know who won without watching use Google or just loving wait till tomorrow

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Going back a page, Survivor Australia sounds tempting, but man, I can't even remember half they players on American seasons. 24 people to remember would blow my brain.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Bloop posted:

Please don't post spoilers in this thread

If you want to know who won without watching use Google or just loving wait till tomorrow

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also these fuckwit politicians should just go ahead and get their stupid vote over with. Why do they gotta have diarrhea of the mouth for hours on end, everyone started the day knowing how they were gonna vote. 6 hours later and they are still spewing poo poo at each other.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
CBS is going to air Survivor until the vote comes up, then switch back to congress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Time to get this shitshow over with.