Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I almost respect the move of brining back Palpatine and saying, “no, y’all are going to make fun of whatever justification I come up with for him being back, so I’m not even going to address the question”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

those prequels are wild man

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Anakin hates sand and honestly.....same

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

who can argue with that

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Disney plus should make a series called “Dug”, about Sebulba.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

YaketySass posted:

That's why the sequels should have been directed by the Wachowski sisters. I'd take half-hour long Force orgies in each movie if it'd meant we actually got the right amount of corny earnestness.

you say that like half-hour long force orgies are a downside

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Episode 1 gave us the n64 pod racing game which was cool and good

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Gonz posted:

Palpatine cyberbullying the galaxy with a pirate radio broadcast is fuckin’ incredible and I can’t wait to see this dumb movie tomorrow night in glorious IMAX.

Gonna go see Parasite this weekend with the lady, too.

sadly all the good stuff always happens off screen

they should make a tv series like the clone wars but its sheevs threatening transmissions in universe. its genius hire me disney

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

General Dog posted:

I’m putting all my money on Sebulba!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

cuntman.net posted:

i have never said anything sarcastic in my life, its part of why i like the prequels, theyre not afraid to be sincere

thats true but theres also a lot of quality irony in the prequels

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Playing that single player with two controllers at once was the poo poo.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

General Dog posted:

yeah an entire series about podracing would be great

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

"only a sith deals in absolutes"

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Brother Entropy posted:

you say that like half-hour long force orgies are a downside

Disney would manage to make them aggressively straight.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

cuntman.net posted:

sadly all the good stuff always happens off screen

they should make a tv series like the clone wars but its sheevs threatening transmissions in universe. its genius hire me disney

It’s really hosed up Ja’ack refuses to ban @Sheeve66 from HoloTwitter

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

YaketySass posted:

Disney would manage to make them aggressively straight.

fair

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ever play it with two controllers, each one controlling an engine?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Well just got out. Felt like overproduced fan fiction that went straight back to the lovely tropes like the force being blood magic but has some awesome moments nad time to hit the pub to work through it.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Auteurs like the wachowskis have no place at disney
they need drones like jj
something insane like speed racer cannot be done by disney

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
In Story Group Official Canon news, it turns out that Ben didn’t attack anyone or destroy the temple after Luke attacked him. The building blew up for unknown reasons, killing many of the students in the fire, and a few surviving Padawans came across Ben alone in the flames. He told them what Luke had done, but they didn’t believe him and attacked, so he fled

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Wild Horses posted:

they need drones like jj

yeah but... a 120fps pod racer movie would really be my poo poo

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Wild Horses posted:

they need drones like jj

Speed Racer introduced me to colors and shapes I didn’t know even previously existed. It’s a masterpiece.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Zoran posted:

In Story Group Official Canon news, it turns out that Ben didn’t attack anyone or destroy the temple after Luke attacked him. The building blew up for unknown reasons, killing many of the students in the fire, and a few surviving Padawans came across Ben alone in the flames. He told them what Luke had done, but they didn’t believe him and attacked, so he fled

Luke skimped on getting his old gas lines inspected after buying the place and it cost him dearly.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Zas posted:

yeah but... a 120fps pod racer movie would really be my poo poo

I would watch it. I would also watch a more grounded psychological work like that movie Rush with thor-actor.
A rivalry of two aliens with crazy names like Mars Guo or Booles Roor clashing together in a dangerous race track

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Gonz posted:

Palpatine cyberbullying the galaxy with a pirate radio broadcast is fuckin’ incredible and I can’t wait to see this dumb movie tomorrow night in glorious IMAX.

Gonna go see Parasite this weekend with the lady, too.

Guess what doesn’t happen in the film?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Gonz posted:

Speed Racer introduced me to colors and shapes I didn’t know even previously existed. It’s a masterpiece.

:hai: that movie owned

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

:hai: that movie owned

It felt a bit like Spy Kids except better and more anime and with cars.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Zoran posted:

This is such a weird thing to not include in the movies.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Zoran posted:

Also, Luke is the reason Snoke has a messed up appearance, and Snoke lives in a weird garden.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Nobody remembers Bombad Racing for ps2 and that's a shame

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

Guess what doesn’t happen in the film?

”Palpatine” posted:

Very disappointed “LIAR” Organa (whose father was a know MURDERER) is still deceiving the galaxy about Republic military involvement in the Unknown Regs.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gonz posted:

Luke skimped on getting his old gas lines inspected after buying the place and it cost him dearly.

He REALLY needed some power converters.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Anyone else remember a couple of weeks ago when JJ kept hyping up the idea that he was totally going to do something with the Knights of Ren in this movie, and from what I understand they just fight Kylo and all die? Good times.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Looking back, yeah, the movie is bad. At least worse than the first two.
Predictable, dumb decisions (by both the creators and the characters) and moments ("I am the spy", lol), and the "saved at the last second when everything is looking dire as gently caress" trope played out for the nth time certainly did not help. I watched TFA and TLJ earlier today as well, so this was especially blatant.

The kiss (should we use tags here?) elicited a barrage of audible groans, so that was a fun experience the audience could share.

Folks who cried "Mary-Sue" during the first two will probably suffer aneurysms.

It has some really gorgeous visuals though.
And a sound effect that was trying to ape the Holdo manoeuvre experience but fell waaaay short. Lazy.

But ... I was entertained while watching it.
I'm a simple man with simple taste, what can I say.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m getting a sadly low hit rate on sad and angry people on the TROS hashtag on twitter. I think most people just haven’t seen it yet.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Lyin' Luke Skywalker says I'm a Sith. I told him no! He keeps it up, and I'll spill the beans on him and his nephew!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

Anyone else remember a couple of weeks ago when JJ kept hyping up the idea that he was totally going to do something with the Knights of Ren in this movie, and from what I understand they just fight Kylo and all die? Good times.

Remember when they were supposed to be a thing at all that kept getting hyped up for the first movie lol. gently caress that

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Seyser Koze posted:

Nah, it's the one with Dennis Hopper transporting a freight of alien sex toys.

You talking about Space Truckers? That movie fuckin rules.

Not as much as Episode I, but that’s a pretty high watermark.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

Zoran posted:

Good thing Luke was totally unrepentant about this, dunking on Kylo at the end of TLJ. It's almost like the entire thing is Luke's fault and Ben was blameless and the stupid padawans provided the final touch of pushing him to the dark side.

The jedi really are the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I enjoyed the trailer for Tenet more than TROS