Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
In this week's Podcast, Woolie describes Warheads candy as "spicy".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
He said that for warheads center specifically. Ignoring literally the outside sour part

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Speaking of Woolie, his new Salt Party videos feel quite Scrublords.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

Yeah, we all know about Woolie's spice-handling capabilities.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I’ve been bingeing on the Super Mario Bros. Super Show Show recently, and it was nice to hear Woolie guest on an episode about Dracula Koopa. He clearly brought a lot of nostalgia for the show to the ep, which is pretty rare for that pod.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Neo_Crimson posted:

There's a spicy warhead candy called hotheads, but I doubt he meant that.

A good poster posted:

Admittedly ghost peppers are no joke. I think when Matt did that show he went with a habanero.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

A good poster posted:

Before I clicked, "Oh Woolie grew up in Granada he probably takes some heat"

After I clicked, "A man is dying"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Ghost pepper isn't "some heat", that would've killed any of the Caucasian Best Friends.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
If pat can survive eating a chocolate bunny that's a significant percentage of his own size he can survive anything.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Woolie's having another crisis, he was going on a self-reflection to sacrifice money because he wants his language he can't understand

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Speaking of language you can't understand...

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tae posted:

Woolie's having another crisis, he was going on a self-reflection to sacrifice money because he wants his language he can't understand

Am I having a stroke?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Tae posted:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

So I'm catching up on podcasts and in an offhand comment in CSB 040 Woolie seems to reveal he believes the old "Ultimate Warrior died and was replaced" rumor :allears:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Digging the Pat playthrough of Death Stranding. Loved the game but was real worried it'd be stream/lp poison. Apparently not though.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

A Sometimes Food posted:

Digging the Pat playthrough of Death Stranding. Loved the game but was real worried it'd be stream/lp poison. Apparently not though.
I haven't seen it but I imagine it's the sort of synthesis that made the original trilogy great.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Strange footage unearthed of Pat excited by Pokemon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ud6KjRluCs

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think that Woolie doesn't know which country exactly Chinese Taipei is.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I think woolies DS lp would get twice as long if chat wasnt there to remind him about mechanics

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Depths posted:

I think woolies DS lp would get twice as long if chat wasnt there to remind him about mechanics

So the format's working is what you're saying?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Bible Ian Black posted:

So the format's working is what you're saying?

Yep and the lp is pretty good now, woolie went full pat and ground out a bunch of poo poo off camera

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Depths posted:

Yep and the lp is pretty good now, woolie went full pat and ground out a bunch of poo poo off camera

It kills me when other channels refuse to do this.

Like, ever since Brett became a member of the Super Beard Bros, everything is done on-camera now. There's easily a good twenty episodes that could be cut off of their Bloodborne LP where all they do is grind and watch Alex die to Ludwig/Orphan.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Man, Pat is really at maximum mind goblins in this Celeste discussion, and not in the fun Pat way either.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I've become convinced ever since SBFP ended that being neurotic in "the fun Pat way" was just an illusion all along given the increasing frequency with which his rants and arguments drift from "haha oh that pat" to "jesus christ dude seriously?"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

I've become convinced ever since SBFP ended that being neurotic in "the fun Pat way" was just an illusion all along given the increasing frequency with which his rants and arguments drift from "haha oh that pat" to "jesus christ dude seriously?"
You fear that he's slowly losing his mind completely?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
No I think that maybe there was never a line between "funny rear end in a top hat" and "just an rear end in a top hat"

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Blockhouse posted:

No I think that maybe there was never a line between "funny rear end in a top hat" and "just an rear end in a top hat"

Considering there's a very good chance that he's the reason the channel collapsed, I'm going to agree.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I mean given how things played out with Matt and Liam I'm not sure there's been doubt about that in a long time.

He still is the funniest of the four but man I miss him having someone to bounce poo poo off of who knew more than Paige. Like not knocking Paige but outside the few games she knows poo poo about she isn't the best commentary partner.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Liam is losing his mind over the end of SA2 and it's heartbreaking.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

Liam is losing his mind over the end of SA2 and it's heartbreaking.

I don't remember the sound mixing in this game being THIS bad.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

The Lord of Hats posted:

Man, Pat is really at maximum mind goblins in this Celeste discussion, and not in the fun Pat way either.

So I haven't gotten around to listening to it yet. What exactly did Pat say during the discussion?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Tardzilla posted:

So I haven't gotten around to listening to it yet. What exactly did Pat say during the discussion?

Stuff about 100% having to go after strawberries and b-sides of levels before moving on to the next one. Because the game isn't like Meat Boy (each room is it's own level) he can't just go..."oh I can skip these" The way Celeste is setup he feels compelled to do the hard stuff like strawberry rooms in a regular level and the B-sides levels before he moves onto the next chapter.

Also there was a bit about the accessibility mode stuff being insidious because it puts a mark on your save file even if you turn this off and that was something that he thought was like a mark of shame. It got patched to be removable in mid 2018.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So the general consensus here is that he's slowly turning into Spoony...?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Grouchio posted:

So the general consensus here is that he's slowly turning into Spoony...?

It'll take a lot for that to happen.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

thats how i played celeste and it was fine :shrug:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
He didn't get far enough to get the "strawberries don't matter" letter either

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lmao

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I feel like that prompt should happen after X strawberries instead of after X level.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rhonne posted:

I don't remember the sound mixing in this game being THIS bad.

It was not this bad in the gamecube port. The remaster is super hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Apparently, the Monster Hunter update is maxing out Pat's PC to the point it's overloading his backup battery.

Also apparently, the anti-cheat Capcom added is so over the top that 50% of the game's CPU draw is dedicated to checking file integrity every second.

:psyduck: