Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Icon Of Sin posted:

Nobody has seen a SavageSusie screed in a while either, I don’t think. Not that anyone there ever really responded to her long rants about Natural Law, I just think that’s the one place she found that didn’t ban her for them.

I still see an occasional SavageSusie screed here and there, but they're way less frequent than they once were. Also, way less coherent. She's clearly mentally deteriorating, it's kinda sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

He isn't reliant on GoFundMe, he got lots of people to set up monthly cash transfers to him. The best healthcare the other FReepers can't afford.

He's also on TriCare due to his time in the Navy, so his muscular dystrophy and other ailments are covered by the government.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
When I saw the headlines yesterday of Obama saying that women are better leaders than men, I knew freep was going to have some opinions. All the formatting is original. I stopped including the "Michelle Obama is actually a man" posts, but rest assured, they were unceasing.

From Barack Obama: Women are 'indisputably better' than men

quote:

To: Eleutheria5
Better in what way? Women leaders have started as many wars as men. The Minoans were a matriarchal society but they practiced human sacrifice. If women ruled the planet, would it be a paradise or would world wars be fought over the best style of shoes?

6 posted on 12/17/2019, 11:43:04 AM by Telepathic Intruder

quote:

To: Gene Eric
His wife mike doesn’t agree

7 posted on 12/17/2019, 11:44:50 AM by ronnie raygun (nic dip.com)

quote:

So says the ex-POTUS idiot who has a feminine spine, throws a baseball like a girl, and whose wife wears the pants in the house....../s

10 posted on 12/17/2019, 11:54:44 AM by cranked

quote:

To: Telepathic Intruder
All the wars started by women were due to an angry reaction to men joking about menstruation. Falklands War? Argentine Junta member said something about Lady Thatcher being on the rag, and there you go! Libya intervention? Kadaffy should have kept his humor at Hillary’s expense to himself. Now look what happened.

13 posted on 12/17/2019, 12:05:16 PM by Eleutheria5 ("SHUT UP!" he explained)

quote:

What virtue signalling BS. Women have been saying for decades that if they were in charge there would be no wars etc. But many of them cant go to a mother’s meeting, coffee morning, PTA meeting without hating on another woman. My wife being the exception (she told me to say that) but seriously she has always hated working with other women because of the bitching and infighting

15 posted on 12/17/2019, 12:15:59 PM by melsec (There's a track, winding back, to an old forgotten shack along the road to Gundagai..)

quote:

I’m ashamed to say I voted for John McCain, but only because of Sarah Palin. BO only means leftist women, not conservatives.

19 posted on 12/17/2019, 12:28:44 PM by gattaca ("Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." Ronald Reagan)

quote:

How about nutless bastards like you?
You African born pos was the largest usurper in our nations history.

The corruption that you participated in pales all others that were elected to the highest office of the land

SO, who really gives a rat's arse what your opinion is. Strictly rhetorical. We know who THEY are. You can find them in the crack houses and slums of Chicago.

quote:

came just two days after "An Evening with Michelle Obama.
Wow, I bet there was a line out that door, with 50 bucks in hand, for a wookie ride.

21 posted on 12/17/2019, 12:31:44 PM by eartick (Stupidity is expecting the government that broke itself to go out and fix itself. Texan for TEXIT!)

quote:

If he thinks women are so great, why didn’t he marry one?

23 posted on 12/17/2019, 12:34:43 PM by Fresh Wind (The Electoral College is the firewall protecting us from massive blue state vote fraud.)

quote:

My experience has been that men are generally more competent and better suited for leadership positions than most women. They are also more capable of handling the stress and physical demands of a tough job.
A big part of this is not necessarily that men are innately superior to women but that PC culture and affirmative action has allowed many unqualified and sub par women to be over promoted into jobs they are unqualified for and poorly suited to.

Worse, once they reach and exceed their level of in incompetence, they become sacred cows immune to removal or discipline

24 posted on 12/17/2019, 12:36:16 PM by rdcbn ( Referentia)

quote:

To: melsec
I have run into a number of women in my lifetime that have candidly admitted that women are worse than men in that regard. Many have called women-dominated workplaces “snake pits.” In almost every male-dominated workplace I personally have been in, you knew exactly where you stood with one another and problems were usually worked out sooner rather than later.

33 posted on 12/17/2019, 1:13:51 PM by cld51860 (Volo pro veritas)

quote:

Last week it was Hillary trying to tell us shes not a Lesbian. Now this week Obama is out there lying that he isn’t a Moslem.

35 posted on 12/17/2019, 1:18:16 PM by RonnG (')

quote:

To: ScottinVA
“If you look at the world and look at the problems it’s usually old people, usually old men, not getting out of the way,” Obama said.”

Hints that the fat a$$ Lobster muncher of a wife may take a run at the Rat nomination?

43 posted on 12/17/2019, 1:40:12 PM by DAC21 ( and Naflet)

quote:

I do believe that women USED TO BE ‘better than men, at promoting peace in the home and elsewhere. But now girls are fighting in school more than the guys. Female ‘youths’ play the ‘KNOCK-OUT Game’, too. Too many Females have become as uncouth as many Males.

Thanks Baracky and Moochelle!

53 posted on 12/17/2019, 2:26:22 PM by originalbuckeye ('In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'- George Orwell..?)

quote:

Which is why they have produced the preponderance of great literature, art, music, inventions.

Oh, wait. Never mind.

ML/NJ

60 posted on 12/17/2019, 2:54:21 PM by ml/nj

quote:

Men have also been responsible for virtually all scientific advancement. Without the medical part of that advancement, women would still be dying of child birth, getting smallpox, and having no hope at all after breast cancer diagnosis.

67 posted on 12/17/2019, 4:10:42 PM by Socon-Econ (adical Islam,)

From Barack Obama Says Women Could Solve Many Of World's Problems — Which Men Have Caused

quote:

To: KJC1
Women are better than men. Well, if you watch Star Wars, they are better at everything. If you watch anything from Hollywood these days they can beat up men twice their weight. Then there’s the real world.

4 posted on 12/17/2019, 9:24:36 AM by Telepathic Intruder

quote:

We could approach this from a
redneck point of view.

From a song by Jerry Jeff Walker:

“M is for the mud flaps she gave me for my pickup truck
O is for the oil I put on my hair
T is for T-Bird
H is for Haggard
E is for Eggs
And R is for Redneck

or;

A song by Tompall Glaser,

Now don’t I let you wash the car on Sunday?
Don’t I warn you when you’re gettin fat?
Ain’t I a-gonna take you fishin’ with me someday?
Well, a man can’t love a woman more than that.
Ain’t I always nice to your kid sister?
Don’t I take her driving every night?
So, sit here at my feet ‘cause I like you when you’re sweet,
And you know it ain’t feminine to fight.

Here’s hoping that someone out
there has a sense of humor.

14 posted on 12/17/2019, 9:47:12 AM by Lean-Right (Eat More Moose)

quote:

Women can be some of the most horrific, bitchy, backstabbing leaders you’ve ever met in your life...

Still, Thatcher was an excellent leader, not that you’d hear that off leftist, virtue-signalling tossers who would say this kind of poo poo who think she was the female embodiment of Satan.

18 posted on 12/17/2019, 9:54:15 AM by sinsofsolarempirefan

quote:

It’s not hateful to say negative things about old men because why?

25 posted on 12/17/2019, 10:32:57 AM by Redmen4ever (u)

quote:

Regarding ‘old men’ not getting out of the way, the Bolsheviks were full of youth (22% were under 20, 37% 20–24, 16% 25–29 in 1907). Hitler was only 56 when he died in 1945, and was a young man when he was laying the groundwork for his political power (he was ~34-35 when he wrote Mein Kampf). Embracing bad ideas, with self-righteous fervor, is what unseasoned youth too often does. Plus, if ‘old people’ should get out of the way, why isn't Obama pushing for Ruth Bader Ginsburg to retire, and why did the Democratic party run Hillary?
26 posted on 12/17/2019, 10:41:35 AM by neverevergiveup

quote:

You’re right. In the fantasy world of tv and Hollywood women can do everything. They can run faster than speeding bullets, leap tall buildings in a single bound, solve complex quantum physics problems at a glance and beat up six Sumo wrestlers at a time.

33 posted on 12/17/2019, 11:04:25 AM by jmacusa ("If wisdom is not the Lord, what is wisdom?)

quote:

To: KJC1; SaveFerris; Roman_War_Criminal
I know passages from the Bible such as those found in 1 Timothy 2 are not respectful today. However, we are not allowed to pick and choose which parts of God's Word is valid.
There is a A LOT of condemnation in the Bible for the sins of men. Men who murder, commit adultery, lust, etc. So it is not like God is giving men a free pass (at all).

Men were the first born of creation, and it was Eve who was first tempted.

11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.

What "Feminism" really is at its core, when you get to the heart of it, is rebellion against God's authority.

As old as the sin in the Garden.

37 posted on 12/17/2019, 11:13:24 AM by SkyPilot ("I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6)

quote:

To: SkyPilot
I was a young teen in the mid 70s when “women’s lib” was all the rage. I’ve seen the whole “feminism” movement from the beginning. (Yes I’m that old lol).
I knew it was satanic early on simply because it mocked God’s order & tries to usurp God’s authority. And causing animosity between men & women.

45 posted on 12/17/2019, 11:55:19 AM by DeplorableGirl

quote:

Trapped in a fire I will take help from whoever gets there first but if I had my preference a big strong fireMAN is who I I hope gets there first. Training can’t teach testosterone and the extra strength and quickness it gives its recipients.

46 posted on 12/17/2019, 12:20:01 PM by Josa

quote:

If Barry really believes that he will demand only female agents protect he and his family. Also ONLY fly on planes piloted by black female pilots.

47 posted on 12/17/2019, 12:23:24 PM by Josa

quote:

To: Josa
Fine, when you are trapped in a burning house, you can have the large black football player type of fireman come to rescue you. I'll take the tiny Asian woman. We'll see which of us survives.

Seriously, men have some things they are better at, and women have others. Generally speaking, most women aren't cut out for military service or fighting fires. Most don't have the killer instinct in the first case, or the upper body strength in the latter.
53 posted on 12/17/2019, 12:50:17 PM by Telepathic Intruder

quote:

the 19th amendment is what boosted him into office ... repeal it ...

57 posted on 12/17/2019, 1:18:12 PM by bankwalker (Immigration without assimilation is an invasion.)

quote:

And if it hasnt already, these portrayals of female prowess are going to get some young girl severely injured or worse as she emulates a female character like Kensie on NCIS LA.
As for women leaders, don’t think Barky would like it if his daughters emulated Golda Meir, Maggie Thatcher, or Indira Gandhi. Led a few wars those three did.

60 posted on 12/17/2019, 1:52:32 PM by xkaydet65

quote:

Obozo’s subtle message here is his Wookie is planning to run for a political office

66 posted on 12/17/2019, 3:03:38 PM by drypowder

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I love when people try to poo poo on Obama saying he was illegitimate because he was born in Kenya or Ethiopia or wherever, but they conveniently forget about his white-bread American citizen mother, which immediately makes him eligible, regardless of birth place.

It always seems to be staunch constitutionalists too. Wonder why :thunk:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The constitution doesn't define what a natural born citizen is. Congress did that, and if I recall the conservative argument correctly, at the time Obama was born the law said that if a child is born out of the country and only one parent was a citizen they have to have resided in the US for something like 5 years after their 14th birthday in order for the baby to be a natural born citizen too. But Barack's mom was only 18 at his birth so even though she had lived in the US for her whole life, she didn't technically meet the cutoff due to a stupidly-written law. So had he been born in Kenya he would not have been a citizen.

Congress later fixed that law and applied it retroactively, so even if he had been born overseas he would have been a natural born citizen under the new law, but they say that retroactive laws don't count.

Although your average freeper likely isn't aware of the nuance in the actual Birther argument that was created for their consumption, they just know he's black so he's not a real American.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Zipperelli. posted:

I love when people try to poo poo on Obama saying he was illegitimate because he was born in Kenya or Ethiopia or wherever, but they conveniently forget about his white-bread American citizen mother, which immediately makes him eligible, regardless of birth place.

It always seems to be staunch constitutionalists too. Wonder why :thunk:

There's actually a birther theory that accounts for Obama's mother being a US citizen but still says he's not a natural born citizen. It has to do with what her age was or the specific year Hawaii became a state or some other nonsense if you care to get deeply into the weeds of birther theory.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

VitalSigns posted:

The constitution doesn't define what a natural born citizen is. Congress did that, and if I recall the conservative argument correctly, at the time Obama was born the law said that if a child is born out of the country and only one parent was a citizen they have to have resided in the US for something like 5 years after their 14th birthday in order for the baby to be a natural born citizen too. But Barack's mom was only 18 at his birth so even though she had lived in the US for her whole life, she didn't technically meet the cutoff due to a stupidly-written law. So had he been born in Kenya he would not have been a citizen.

Congress later fixed that law and applied it retroactively, so even if he had been born overseas he would have been a natural born citizen under the new law, but they say that retroactive laws don't count.

Although your average freeper likely isn't aware of the nuance in the actual Birther argument that was created for their consumption, they just know he's black so he's not a real American.

Yeah, that argument was nonsense because Obama was born in the US, and it was wrong even if he wasn't. It's all racist garbage.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

He isn't reliant on GoFundMe, he got lots of people to set up monthly cash transfers to him. The best healthcare the other FReepers can't afford.

Seriously, the dude has been coasting for 20 years now off this site, he basically hit the lottery, at the cost of paying his son many thousands a month to drive out to the data center a few times a year. He doesn't even bother reinvesting in the site, I'd be totally unsurprised to find out they're running on a version of Windows so old that none of the malware out there these days can do anything to it.

the site is run with cgi/bin on nginx

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I'm the Freeper who's worried about all the kids these days watching NCIS.

Also, Freep: Female ‘youths’ play the ‘KNOCK-OUT Game’, too

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

O my god they're still talking about this knock out game bullshit.

I'm the lilliest white dude to ever exist, and I lived in pretty rough patch of Harlem for years and never had a problem with some kind of bullshit racism. I was literally the one white person in a whole building at one point (to where people who didn't know me would just call me "the white guy") for several years. And it was a rough neighborhood and I had a rough time or two, but that was from poverty and people being on drugs.

So like I have some stories about a bad thing happening (just like I would anywhere), but mostly my stories about living there for like 5 years are things like "the time I helped a young couple move in" or "that time I fixed my elderly neighbor's sink and she made me take some empanadas home". I started reading the Freep thread back when I was living there and it always made me laugh that they treat neighborhoods like that as if they were some kind of war-ravaged Mordor, so I'd be reading this thread on the train ride home and then walking back from the subway would be me chatting with neighbors and like grabbing some eggs from the bodega and catching up with the lady down the hall.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Xiahou Dun posted:

O my god they're still talking about this knock out game bullshit.

I'm the lilliest white dude to ever exist, and I lived in pretty rough patch of Harlem for years and never had a problem with some kind of bullshit racism. I was literally the one white person in a whole building at one point (to where people who didn't know me would just call me "the white guy") for several years. And it was a rough neighborhood and I had a rough time or two, but that was from poverty and people being on drugs.

So like I have some stories about a bad thing happening (just like I would anywhere), but mostly my stories about living there for like 5 years are things like "the time I helped a young couple move in" or "that time I fixed my elderly neighbor's sink and she made me take some empanadas home". I started reading the Freep thread back when I was living there and it always made me laugh that they treat neighborhoods like that as if they were some kind of war-ravaged Mordor, so I'd be reading this thread on the train ride home and then walking back from the subway would be me chatting with neighbors and like grabbing some eggs from the bodega and catching up with the lady down the hall.

The ur-example of this is a Peter Sweden video where he's walking around in an Oslo "no-go zone" and genuinely freaks out at seeing a muslim family just waiting around for a bus or something equally mundane. I think it's the same video where he focuses on the entrance to a mosque and sees (gasp) people in headscarfs or wearing beards just walking in and out and then going back to their boring lives in the neighbourhood, all filmed from the front line trenches of like, a chain shoe store's entryway.

Of course he's being loudly a bigoted rear end in a top hat the whole time and it's a credit to the people of Oslo that no one beat him down on the street, which is what I'd expect in the Bronx. (Bronx 1 Oslo 0 suck it Norway)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The ur-example of this is a Peter Sweden video where he's walking around in an Oslo "no-go zone" and genuinely freaks out at seeing a muslim family just waiting around for a bus or something equally mundane. I think it's the same video where he focuses on the entrance to a mosque and sees (gasp) people in headscarfs or wearing beards just walking in and out and then going back to their boring lives in the neighbourhood, all filmed from the front line trenches of like, a chain shoe store's entryway.

Of course he's being loudly a bigoted rear end in a top hat the whole time and it's a credit to the people of Oslo that no one beat him down on the street, which is what I'd expect in the Bronx. (Bronx 1 Oslo 0 suck it Norway)

I remember that. He was convinced that all the people staring at him were “gang lookouts” spying on his every move, rather than confused and annoyed locals wondering why this pasty blonde with a squeaky voice was running around the streets filming them and breathlessly ranting that his life was in danger.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Here comes the meltdown.

quote:

To: Pollard
This means war.

4 posted on 12/18/2019, 8:44:08 PM by MeganC (There is nothing feminine about feminism.)

quote:

War is here.

7 posted on 12/18/2019, 8:45:08 PM by petitfour (APPEAL TO HEAVEN)

quote:

Happy Impeachment Day!
I am celebrating by buying some ammo!

12 posted on 12/18/2019, 8:46:33 PM by ArtDodger

quote:

Stand down.

The donkeys may have launched a civil war. We don’t need to respond. YET.

20 posted on 12/18/2019, 8:48:42 PM by Drango (1776 = 2020)

quote:

To: dfwgator
Sorry, no it’s not meaningless.

There’s a lot of hell to pay for this level of slander, libel, and perjury.

If you are willing to sit back and swallow that...I’ll call you a liberal hooker to accommodate you.

26 posted on 12/18/2019, 8:49:15 PM by EBH (DNC=Party NON GRATA)

quote:

It’s heartbreaking, because it is tantamount to condemning an innocent man to death in some respects. The word “impeached” will forever be associated with the President’s name even though he is totally innocent of any crime or impeachable offense. It’s heartbreaking for the damage to our Constitutional Republic. But I tell you what. I am FURIOUS! I’m just an ordinary person without resources, but I will do everything possible to help defeat every Democrat anywhere within my admittedly limited reach.

39 posted on 12/18/2019, 8:51:11 PM by Avalon Memories (Politics is all about quid pro quos. Donate to me! Vote for me! I'll give you "free" stuff)

quote:

Almost amazing. 230 Members of Congress who swore an oath to the Constitution commit (at least) sedition.

54 posted on 12/18/2019, 8:54:36 PM by A strike ( Ecclesiastes 10:2)

quote:

CIVIL WAR

57 posted on 12/18/2019, 8:56:06 PM by angelcindy ("If you follow the crowd...you get no further ,than the crowd")

quote:

OK, Trump is Impeached. Now what do we mean-old right-wing extremists do?
EEE | 18 DECEMBER 2019 | EEE
Posted on 12/18/2019, 8:56:54 PM by Extremely Extreme Extremist

In my 20 years here on FR, I've never been as sick to my stomach as I am now, maybe 2nd to when the Twin Towers fell on 9/11.

What the Hell is happening to our country? Is the great experiment over? Life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness, those little things that made our nation the greatest in world history? The nation that gave us Little Rascals and the Three Stooges? Looney Tunes cartoons? Are we now going to be ruled by Oligarchs, Globalists, and domestic leftists?

17th letter of the alphabet that I cannot name because it's not on the official 17th letter thread, activate!!!

quote:

To: dfwgator
"Big deal. Impeachment doesn’t mean anything now, it’s almost a ‘badge of honor.’"
You're right. There's no stigma attached to it anymore. Today it's no different than having a baby-out-of-wedlock.

32 posted on 12/18/2019, 8:48:23 PM by mass55th ("Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." ~~ John Wayne)

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

It's really weird to see the Nothing Matters crew on the other side (even if it's just denial).

quote:

Could care less. I remember when Clinton was impeached. I thought he was done (not with presidency, but support). Ha! Impeachment means absolutely nothing.

28 posted on 12/18/2019, 8:49:25 PM by napscoordinator (Trump/Hunter, jr for President/Vice President 2016)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

and it means absolutely NOTHING..the commies have been saying they would do this for THREE YEARS NOW..today is just a giant YAWN..I went today to Whole Foods in the heart of commie los angeles with my mother..they had this crap on TV, NO ONE WAS WATCHING

38 posted on 12/18/2019, 8:51:05 PM by Sarah Barracuda

A few others from the same thread as ^:

quote:

I don’t consider this an impeachment, and I doubt a whole lot of people do. Yes, there are some psychotic people out there, but people with half a mind know how childish and vicious this has all been.

72 posted on 12/18/2019, 9:01:15 PM by DoughtyOne (Pledge: "...and to the Democracy for which it stands..." I give up. Use the democRat meme...)

quote:

To: JoSixChip
This is a stain on the America I grew up in. My hope is they will pay for this.
____
We can’t let them destroy our country, our heritage, our history and our laws. Cannot.

79 posted on 12/18/2019, 9:04:22 PM by malach (We live in interesting times.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

I don't know who Doug Schoen is, but this sounds about right.

quote:

To: ChildOfThe60s
Tulsi is maneuvering to take over Doug Schoen’s position as House Democrat at FoxNews when Doug gets sent to the Home.

110 posted on 12/18/2019, 9:25:56 PM by cookcounty (Susan Rice: G Gordon Liddy times 10.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 102 | View Replies]

Denial:

quote:

He is not impeached, first because the house never voted to have a hearing g, secondly because the Senate has not adjudicated the improper referral.

This is all a Shiff show and does not mean squat.

138 posted on 12/18/2019, 9:46:02 PM by American in Israel (A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but the foolish mans heart directs him toward the left.)

Acceptance:

quote:

To: malach
Well I’m sorry but it’s done. The Dems won. They got what they wanted. No fight back at all from anyone of not. Now we will hear how Trump was impeached for the next year and the low info voters will assume he actually did something wron. Sorry, but it’s over.

139 posted on 12/18/2019, 9:46:23 PM by usmom (Nough)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 79 | View Replies]

And someone seriously just played Taps outside, I can't help but think it's related to the impeachment (it's never happened before) :laffo:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They’re right that the impeachment vote will not affect what anyone thinks and nobody in America is undecided about whether or not they’ll vote for Trump next year. It’s as much of a formality as Clinton’s impeachment vote was.

Trump is the symptom of a sickness of the soul, which cannot be cured by mere rule-governed procedure. It’s strange as hell to see those possessed by the soul sickness saying so like this, though.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Right into my veins!

OK, Trump is Impeached. Now what do we mean-old right-wing extremists do?

The OP posted:

Posted on 12/18/2019, 6:56:54 PM by Extremely Extreme Extremist

In my 20 years here on FR, I've never been as sick to my stomach as I am now, maybe 2nd to when the Twin Towers fell on 9/11.

What the Hell is happening to our country? Is the great experiment over? Life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness, those little things that made our nation the greatest in world history? The nation that gave us Little Rascals and the Three Stooges? Looney Tunes cartoons? Are we now going to be ruled by Oligarchs, Globalists, and domestic leftists?

17th letter of the alphabet that I cannot name because it's not on the official 17th letter thread, activate!!!

quote:

To: Extremely Extreme Extremist
Everyone who voted for this impeachment needs to be immediately arrested, deemed guilty, then put before a firing squad.

20 posted on 12/18/2019, 7:02:12 PM by Uncle Sham

quote:

I do not own a weapon and I do not advocate violence. However, if I wake up tomorrow and learn that the leading Democrats took bullets to the heads, I wouldn’t shed a tear.

22 posted on 12/18/2019, 7:02:54 PM by JusPasenThru (KAG 2020.)

quote:

Don’t worry. I strongly suspect this will be a disaster for the Democrats. Black voters’ preferences indicate the LBJ promise “I’m gonna have those Ni__ers voting’ Democrat for a hundred years’ is about to fall half a century short of it’s mark. Americans are tired of self-righteous pretend-Catholic abortionist homosexual Catholics and their lispy friends at NPR. With any luck our swarms of new immigrants will have some common sense, too. At the same time what could be more entertaining than a Biden presidency? We could use a break from politics after all!

34 posted on 12/18/2019, 7:05:53 PM by golux

quote:

To: JusPasenThru

Then they'll be Deadocrats.

37 posted on 12/18/2019, 7:07:32 PM by Songcraft
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

quote:

We roll up our sleeves and fight like the third monkey on Noah’s Ark to kill every last one of them out of office,

47 posted on 12/18/2019 6:12:40 PM PST by jmaroneps37 (Conservatism is truth. Liberalism is lies.)

quote:

To: Boomer One
-- As Rush said, we start preparing Articles of Impeachment for the next Democratic President. --
Impeach the liberals on SCOTUS too. Make up some stuff on good behavior. Escalate.

59 posted on 12/18/2019, 7:21:26 PM by Cboldt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

They’re right that the impeachment vote will not affect what anyone thinks and nobody in America is undecided about whether or not they’ll vote for Trump next year. It’s as much of a formality as Clinton’s impeachment vote was.

Trump is the symptom of a sickness of the soul, which cannot be cured by mere rule-governed procedure. It’s strange as hell to see those possessed by the soul sickness saying so like this, though.

They've always been just as nihilistic as any of us irony-poisoned C-Spam posters.

The difference is we laugh about it and they shriek about how much they hate everybody who isn't them.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I like the dude who found today worse than 9/11.

That’s my favorite current favorite freeper.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
I could say I am not enjoying any of this, and that it is a dark day for US democracy.

But man, if I could sop up all these tears with some nice bread, I'd be gorging myself right now :D

Edit: Oh poo poo, we've been spotted!

Freep Poster lastchance posted:

I am so bleeding angry that these goons are holding the whole nation hostage.

The Dark Project fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Dec 19, 2019

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Captain Monkey posted:

I like the dude who found today worse than 9/11.

That’s my favorite current favorite freeper.

I like the one who considers America’s greatest achievements to be the three stooges and little rascals.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

No liberal would ever make a Looney Tune. Especially not a (((globalist)))!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

This is a loving cargo ship worth to unpack :stare:

quote:

To: familyop
In the long run, we would only be so fortunate if it could go down in geographic division!

Our enemy has long been using bussing and demographic shift, and universal anti-God left wing indoctrination and entertainment, to destroy anything and every place that is good across America.

If we could divide, we could reeducate our children to better know right from wrong, thoroughly know our real history, as well as the true history of humanism/leftism/totalitarianism, and to know much more accurate history of the world. We could teach them to love, honor and respect God/family/country, and to blow the doors off hard sciences, and economic expansion, and base money on real currency, etc...

But at this point, the only way we would survive this is if we permanently had the *football and a few other like tools (and the ability to produce them), and our truly bloodthirsty enemy on the other side of the divide (and those around the world), knew we would not hesitate to use the tools at our fingertips.

In a generation, most of those on the other side would literally kill themselves and die. If any remained, the few remaining would fully resemble and live like aboriginals.

190 posted on 12/18/2019, 10:16:57 PM by patriotfury ((May the fleas of a thousand camels occupy mo' ham mads tents!))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 115 | View Replies]

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I want to write a bot that just auto replies to every post on Freep with "ok boomer". I won't because I'm too lazy and because no poop touch but the idea is funny.

It's good to see them sad and scared again though. My favorite Freep posts are the ones who give up. Some of them are lies but they still make me happy.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
I couldn't go to my usual right wing haunts to check out their anger at a Hillary win back in 2016. I stayed away for a long while, wanting to avoid their smugness as much as possible. Now they're back to fear, hate and suspicion, I can finally peruse them again.

It's petty, I know, but gently caress these people. Seriously.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Rascal Rider posted:

But I tell you what. I am FURIOUS! I’m just an ordinary person without resources, but I will do everything possible to help defeat every Democrat anywhere within my admittedly limited reach.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

The Dark Project posted:

I couldn't go to my usual right wing haunts to check out their anger at a Hillary win back in 2016. I stayed away for a long while, wanting to avoid their smugness as much as possible. Now they're back to fear, hate and suspicion, I can finally peruse them again.

Spoiler: they never actually left their position of fear, hate and suspicion the whole time. Even when they were "winning."

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Dark Project posted:

They only celebrated for maybe a month or two. They’re always angry about something and doomsay about everything, even things they should like.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

That's really the thing about fascism, fascists can't ever be happy for long, there always has to be some bogeyman out to get you which is responsible for all the bad things in your life.

Even when you win, you have to invent a new enemy right away to hate and fear.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

They only celebrated for maybe a month or two. They’re always angry about something and doomsay about everything, even things they should like.

Remember that like two months after the election the thread's subtitle was "I knew it, I should have voted for Hillary" because of a betrayal that I can't even remember the nature of any more.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Keeshhound posted:

Remember that like two months after the election the thread's subtitle was "I knew it, I should have voted for Hillary" because of a betrayal that I can't even remember the nature of any more.

Trump sending rockets to a random abandoned air field in Syria.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think it might’ve been from when bump stocks were banned after the 2017 Las Vegas shooting?

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

I think the smug gloating between the 2016 election and Trump's inauguration was Freep at it's most unreadable. They were just so happy.
They were gleefully waiting for God Emperor Trump to arrest Hillary, kick out the Mexicans and Muslims, start building The Wall, and overturn Obergefell on his first day. Finally, They are gonna get what's coming to Them! Rejoice!

And then Trump actually took office. As the months went on, and Trump wasn't the effective dictator they wanted, they reverted to their old ways. They needed someone to blame, but since Republicans controlled all three branches of government, they went all-in on the "Deep State" theory. And then about half of them were roped in by Qanon. But even then, those threads weren't really fun to read most of the time - it was the boring, purity test type of infighting (or, in the Q threads, it was just abject nonsense).

Now that the Democrats control the House, we're seeing the patterns of pre-2016 Freep come back. They have villains again, and they're not just vaguely flailing against some shadowy force. We're getting back to the days of 0bozero and the Demoncraps, for better or worse.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jay Rust posted:

I think it might’ve been from when bump stocks were banned after the 2017 Las Vegas shooting?

This is what one thread title was from, I forgot exactly what it was though

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

Trump Should Be Removed from Office (Editorial in Christianity Today)

quote:

To: mkleesma
The facts in this instance are unambiguous: the writer is a homosexual who hates President Trump.

What’s that? There are no facts to attest to the above?

Then the author and I seem to be approaching things the same way.

3 posted on 12/19/2019, 6:56:21 PM by ClearCase_guy (If White Privilege is real, why did Elizabeth Warren lie about being an Indian?)

quote:

Bite me Mark, you stupid Tard!

4 posted on 12/19/2019, 6:57:01 PM by mylife (The Roar Of The Masses Could Be Farts)

quote:

American Christians would be in the camps if it weren’t for Trump’s protection. Or at a minimum hounded from their jobs and businesses. That’s what “progressivism” is all about.

5 posted on 12/19/2019, 6:57:11 PM by kaehurowing

quote:

Keel over and die, Mark Galli, you sack of crap!

9 posted on 12/19/2019, 6:59:48 PM by july4thfreedomfoundation (I'm triggered by liberals and other assorted moonbats.)

quote:

Billy Graham just lost my rather large annual donation to his Samaritan’s Purse organization for allowing this trash article.

I will be happy to let them know about it

25 posted on 12/19/2019, 7:10:26 PM by PMAS (All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing)

quote:

This is the type of “Christians” the Left likes to kick around. The “turn the other cheek” kind that is begging for “May I have another” beating.

Trump is the type of Christian that follows Jesus’s words of “sell your cloak and buy a sword”

These days are made for Trump’s kind of Christianity so future Christians can afford to “turn the other cheek”

I’m with Trump!!

27 posted on 12/19/2019, 7:10:32 PM by RedMonqey

quote:

This: “The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents”

is a damnable LIE. Only a fake Christian could write such a lie.

63 posted on 12/19/2019, 7:41:36 PM by Trumpisourlastchance

quote:

To: SeekAndFind
It should be changed to Heresy today.

65 posted on 12/19/2019, 7:41:41 PM by cowboyusa (America Cowboy Up)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 61 | View Replies]

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Trump Should Be Removed from Office (Editorial in Christianity Today)

quote:

This is the type of “Christians” the Left likes to kick around. The “turn the other cheek” kind that is begging for “May I have another” beating.

Trump is the type of Christian that follows Jesus’s words of “sell your cloak and buy a sword”

These days are made for Trump’s kind of Christianity so future Christians can afford to “turn the other cheek”

I’m with Trump!!

"Compassion is for the weak. Kill all your enemies" Says supreme authority on who is and isn't Christian

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Freeper posted:

I’m with Trump!!

I'm fairly sure that the context of this verse is Jesus rebuking Peter when he drew a sword and lopped off someone's ear with it when Roman guards had come to arrest Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. Jesus didn't want any blood spilled in part because things had to play out precisely as they were "meant" to play out.

So good going, Freep....you don't even understand the verses you use in a half assed justification for being a worthless fascist.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
To be fair that line is one of the most debated by scholars since even in context its pretty baffling.

But i can be reasonably sure that freeper isnt approaching it with any theological context

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

RagnarokAngel posted:

To be fair that line is one of the most debated by scholars since even in context its pretty baffling.

But i can be reasonably sure that freeper isnt approaching it with any theological context

The context I always heard was that Jesus knew the Romans were being told that Jesus and his followers were bandits and in order to match their expectations he had two of his people have swords to make it look like it was true. Judas comes, gives the big smooches, and then the romans come in to arrest the leader of the bandits.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
yeah, no, it's pretty clear the swords were just for show. when one of his disciples used it to cut the ear of a roman guard jesus used his magic to heal it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

InsertPotPun posted:

yeah, no, it's pretty clear the swords were just for show. when one of his disciples used it to cut the ear of a roman guard jesus used his magic to heal it.

I get what you meant here, but it has a very "Jesus saves, the rest of you take 6d6 damage" energy about it.