Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

NGU-wise, with the Levelled Quest Items bonuses am I right that once you have them all it's 2:1 so that a stack of quest items is a 50 completion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I think so, leveling quest items is not supposed to be the efficient way to do it.

It's there so that if you're afk and farm up way too many, you can compress them into a single stack and still get some use out of them next time that zone comes up.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

NGU-wise, with the Levelled Quest Items bonuses am I right that once you have them all it's 2:1 so that a stack of quest items is a 50 completion?

No? Each quest item counts for 1 regardless of what level it is. So you only ever level any given quest item once.

The first time you level a quest item to 100, you get a 2% bonus to the reward points. So each quest you finish gives more QP.

(Unless you're talking about something that I don't know about that unlocks in Evil or something).

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Bedurndurn posted:

No? Each quest item counts for 1 regardless of what level it is. So you only ever level any given quest item once.

The first time you level a quest item to 100, you get a 2% bonus to the reward points. So each quest you finish gives more QP.

(Unless you're talking about something that I don't know about that unlocks in Evil or something).

There is something that unlocks that allows you to stack quest items and turn them in for some percentage of their worth. So you can turn in a stack of 100 and get credit for turning in 50 individual items.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Unlocks in the later game though, right? Post evil or so? I've never seen that feature, so just confirming, since the person asking the question might also not be that far along.

For me, there is no benefit to leveling quest items (after one reaches lvl 100 for the bonus), and even the lvl100 item counts as just one quest item when returned to Beast.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yes - Evil plus. I was asking mostly because the bonuses are spread between perks and quirks and wishes in 1s and I couldn't find a stat for it to determine whether it went 1:1 with all the bonuses or if I was just losing count while clicking through the various menus and hunting out the ones I'd already unlocked.

If it were 1:1 then I'd get some more merge slots and put my quest items in there, but at 2:1 it's really only useful for compressing too many quest items from idling and I'm better off simply getting more inventory slots.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Ghostlight posted:

Yes - Evil plus. I was asking mostly because the bonuses are spread between perks and quirks and wishes in 1s and I couldn't find a stat for it to determine whether it went 1:1 with all the bonuses or if I was just losing count while clicking through the various menus and hunting out the ones I'd already unlocked.

If it were 1:1 then I'd get some more merge slots and put my quest items in there, but at 2:1 it's really only useful for compressing too many quest items from idling and I'm better off simply getting more inventory slots.

Its mainly a sanity upgrade from moving an entire page of items to a different page.

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

I'm on Beast v4 in NGU, and recently it seems like special boosts going into the cube are getting credited almost all to Power and none (or like 1 point out of 1000) to Toughness. Is this a bug? My ratio's getting skewed, it's now like 4.7M:3.9M even though I'm putting in all specials.

They are 1K drops from the ITOPOD being auto-converted to special.

edit: in fact, if I put Toughness boosts in I get basically nothing out of them at all

headfake fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 19, 2019

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

headfake posted:

I'm on Beast v4 in NGU, and recently it seems like special boosts going into the cube are getting credited almost all to Power and none (or like 1 point out of 1000) to Toughness. Is this a bug? My ratio's getting skewed, it's now like 4.7M:3.9M even though I'm putting in all specials.

edit: in fact, if I put Toughness boosts in I get basically nothing out of them at all

Are you boosting equipment or have you hit the cube soft cap?

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

headfake posted:

Let me try:

Starting cube toughness 732,470

1k boost with full recycling and a listed value of 15,246. I have the double cube boost strength perk.

Dragged to cube and got to 733,046.

Right clicked my cube to consume boosts in inventory 733,622.

Seems to be working for me.

Let me try special boosts:

2199832/737134 for initial pow/tough in my cube.

Dragging a 1k special with the same values as before. Each side gains 288 compared to the toughness boost where it gained 576.

Seems fine?

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

Yes, it is working for you, but that's not what I'm getting.

Drag in 1K Power: +599 P / +0 T
Drag in 1K Special: +298 P / +0 T
Drag in 1K Toughness: +0 P / +0 T

Actually for dragging in 1K Toughness I seem to get about +0.3, because it goes up by 1 point after dragging in 3.

This is dragging in directly and haven't hit any cap that I know of (at 4.7M P, 3.9M T total).

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

headfake posted:

Yes, it is working for you, but that's not what I'm getting.

Drag in 1K Power: +599 P / +0 T
Drag in 1K Special: +298 P / +0 T
Drag in 1K Toughness: +0 P / +0 T

Actually for dragging in 1K Toughness I seem to get about +0.3, because it goes up by 1 point after dragging in 3.

This is dragging in directly and haven't hit any cap that I know of (at 4.7M P, 3.9M T total).

Is that base or total toughness?

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

Spazzle posted:

Is that base or total toughness?

It's neither, it's the bonus from the cube itself, as seen by hovering over the cube.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Your cube stats have a soft cap equal to the total stats from your other gear, boosting up beyond that has drastically reduced effect.

The good news is that those boosts aren't wasted, you'll get the full effect from them once you have better gear and your soft cap has increased.

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

Jabor posted:

Your cube stats have a soft cap equal to the total stats from your other gear, boosting up beyond that has drastically reduced effect.

The good news is that those boosts aren't wasted, you'll get the full effect from them once you have better gear and your soft cap has increased.

Oh OK, thanks! This was what I didn't know about and explains what I'm seeing.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Finally got the Back to School set!

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I take it with Walderp you need to find him first, before you attempt him in Adventure? As I just get nuked after about 20 seconds.

Does anyone have any tips for finding him, can he be hiding in any menu and is there anything I need to do to trigger him to hide?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Any menu, he shows up as a small image that gradually gets more opaque and is at full opacity after 1 hour.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Ineptitude posted:

Any menu, he shows up as a small image that gradually gets more opaque and is at full opacity after 1 hour.

Does he then reset after the hour, and hide somewhere else?

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Oodles posted:

I take it with Walderp you need to find him first, before you attempt him in Adventure? As I just get nuked after about 20 seconds.

Does anyone have any tips for finding him, can he be hiding in any menu and is there anything I need to do to trigger him to hide?

I think you have to whoop him in adventure, then he goes and hides somewhere in a menu. Repeat like 3-4 times. If you can't beat him in his adventure zone, you need to work more on stats.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
Also Walderp has his whole Walderp Says minigame that kills you if you fail, of course.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Oodles posted:

You have to fight him first. When he is at the verge of dying, he'll hide somewhere in the game - you will get a very clear message this is happening. Then you just have to find him.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Oodles posted:

Does he then reset after the hour, and hide somewhere else?

Fight him and do his Simon Says game (read the combat log) when you defeat him he goes to hide in a menu and you need to find him.
When you find him there is a 3 hour respawn then you gotta do the whole process again, 4 times in total iirc.
He also grows stronger every time.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
How should I be raising my adventure stats right now? I can beat Walderp easily, but I still have a ways to go until I can autokill him. I have BEARd and adventure NGU softcapped, and I've maxed out all of the Beardverse equipment + UUGs rings (other than the secret one I haven't gotten yet).

Oodles posted:

He tells you a specific attack to use, if you use that move and he didn't say "Walderp Says" you get nuked, or if he says "Walderp Says" and you use a different move. He doesn't start hiding until you beat him for the first time.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Twitch posted:

How should I be raising my adventure stats right now? I can beat Walderp easily, but I still have a ways to go until I can autokill him. I have BEARd and adventure NGU softcapped, and I've maxed out all of the Beardverse equipment + UUGs rings (other than the secret one I haven't gotten yet).

Keep going past the softcap. Aside from Respawn, everything else keeps on going meaningfully, it just costs more / takes longer, though that increase is offset by you getting better stuff. Hell even respawn is useful past the softcap, but it's gonna be slow (ex: 400 levels is 80%. 1 million is 60.77%).

Bedurndurn fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Dec 19, 2019

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Twitch posted:

If you have an Energy and Magic Potion Beta, it's good to pop one of each and keep pushing those stats further (if you're already deep into the run, it's better to reset and then pop those potions for better results). I can now kill Badly Drawn creatures, so I'm trying to grab new equipment and then I'll reset and maybe attempt a Troll challenge for once.

You should also be making just enough EXP points from autokills that it may be a good idea to save up for a Gold Digger and a Beard.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

How much energy / magic should I have for Normal Beardverse? I’ve got 62m energy / 16m magic.

Always feels like I don’t have enough energy, and not sure where I should be putting my magic.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Oodles posted:

How much energy / magic should I have for Normal Beardverse? I’ve got 62m energy / 16m magic.

Base or total? But at this point you should start working on those NGUs if you haven't already. Make sure you have Jake's Tie on to basically double their speed.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Blattdorf posted:

Base or total? But at this point you should start working on those NGUs if you haven't already. Make sure you have Jake's Tie on to basically double their speed.

I didn’t keep the tie after capping it :doh:

Do I want to be focusing on Adventure NGU which is 1000, or Drop chance which is 80? I’m guessing maybe the latter.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think I have enough AP for some potions, but I also didn't hold onto Jake's Tie, so I'm gonna have to grind another one up.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
It's better to focus on those NGU stats that don't take longer than a day to level up. You're just tying up a lot of energy/magic in something that will give you a minimal improvement at this point in the game.

Keep anything with interesting special stats. As you unlock more accessory slots, stacking those specials makes a huge difference.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Hey somethingggg, what's it gonna take to get some art based on some battle ladies in the ITOPOD, that place is a total sausage fest.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Hey somethingggg, what's it gonna take to get some art based on some battle ladies in the ITOPOD, that place is a total sausage fest.

I mean it IS the Infinite Tower of Pissed Off Dudes. Clearly there will be an ITOPOL in Sadistic ++ or something.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Infinity Gaia posted:

I mean it IS the Infinite Tower of Pissed Off Dudes. Clearly there will be an ITOPOL in Sadistic ++ or something.

ladies can be dudes get a load of this guy

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

This is more of a Musluk request but good catch.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

add Magic Mike to the itopod

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I've been pretty into NGU for a while, and that's all really helpful, thank you everyone.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
What are the consumable energy bar bars good for? Just capping my energy pool faster?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

What are the consumable energy bar bars good for? Just capping my energy pool faster?

Pretty much, they are good for challenges so you get your resources quicker and possibly start growing beards quicker or at all during that rebirth in the challenge. It's going to depend on how quick you are normally reaching cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Yeah pretty much. I don't use them much anymore but were useful in doing quick challenge runs if you had some to spare. I would burn some during Troll challenge attempts if I had a bunch saved up to get my resources capped as quick as possible.

Edit: ^^ :argh: