Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

divabot posted:

so, uh, the kraken exchange.

let me tell you, the 100% best bit of this crypto journalist gig, is when someone sends me the poo poo.

say after me: holy alleged poo poo.

The real reason they fired that guy is that he said buttcoin. its nothing to do with all the extremely bad crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Hammerite posted:

The real reason they fired that guy is that he said buttcoin. its nothing to do with all the extremely bad crimes

Somebody said buttcoin????????????????????????

:frogsiren: :bernpop: :bernout: :yarg: :derp:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
weisenthal is a pro-tier bitcoin troll
https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1207291914921353216?s=19
https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1207269282255638528?s=19
although everyone seems like an intellectual goliath when ol' pomp is their sparring partner
https://twitter.com/APompliano/status/1207271626573783040?s=19

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Bitcoin Price Sees Abrupt $500 Surge in Minutes, Is It A Trend Reversal?

Ron Howard (voiceover): it was not

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
long slow drop:"ITS NOT ABOUT PRICE AND ANYWAY IN 2000 YEARS OUR RELIGION WILL RULE THE EARTH!!!!"

single little upwards blip:"ITS HAPPENING MOON MOON MOON ALL DETRACTORS WILL BE DEAD AND I WILL LAUGHWGHASX"

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
pomp? more like............pump

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

pomp and domp

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Boxturret posted:

long slow drop:"ITS NOT ABOUT PRICE AND ANYWAY IN 2000 YEARS OUR RELIGION WILL RULE THE EARTH!!!!"

single little upwards blip:"ITS HAPPENING MOON MOON MOON ALL DETRACTORS WILL BE DEAD AND I WILL LAUGHWGHASX"

I want you to whip out your veiny crypto slinger and ill take it in my log chart from the side and go up and down on the price like a typewriter until you finally go CHING and exit scam like a ukranian exchange

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

EorayMel posted:

I want you to whip out your veiny crypto slinger and ill take it in my log chart from the side and go up and down on the price like a typewriter until you finally go CHING and exit scam like a ukranian exchange

penis

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

ohhh

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
lomatf

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

EorayMel posted:

keep going

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I want to maintain eye contact with you while i lightly graph your general ponzi area, and then lick up the line of your log chart like im sealing an envelope. your crypto pulses with anticipation. i bring my inverse funnel scheme down around your bulging blockchain as you close your eyes and feel the wet warmth of my HYIP. your routers start unplugging on their own while you grab a fistful of my white paper, jackhammering my altcoin before erupting with your exit scam straight down my web domain

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

never thought i'd be longing to see galtse or brazil.txt again but here we are.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Midjack posted:

never thought i'd be longing to see galtse or brazil.txt again but here we are.
:wrong:

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
pomper and domber

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

pump and circumstance

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

gschmidl posted:

pump and circumstance

pomp and smirkumstance

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Hammerite posted:

smirkumstance

No brazil.txt please.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
so it’s obvious that bitcoins are never going to be accepted as currency. everything about it is unsuitable for that. even the bitcoiners have given up on encouraging their local jerky shop to accept it. the nonsense about your fridge paying your toaster has also seemed to have died down.

the only thing that matters now is the price (exchange rate?). they view it as an investment. they still talk up its magical ability to bring about a utopia by eliminating governments and banks, but that seems to be more an article of faith than anything practical. it’s still used by drug dealers, viruses, currency control avoiders, and terrorist organizations, but for normal citizens bitcoins have come under the control of tax authorities, aml and kyc laws, etc.

the point being that bitcoins have plateaued. they could keep going like this forever, the exchange prices fluctuating due to manipulation, exchanges stealing people’s coins or getting hacked, tethers being issued and inflating the supply, new useless coins being made, forks of the main coins competing for value. even if the price goes to the moon, it is utterly meaningless. all it is now is some weird unregulated investment / ponzi scheme. they can all be billionaires on paper but when it’s time to cash there’s no depth to the market and they can’t sell.

everything about bitcoins is over. but it will linger, with utopian idiots and temporarily embarrassed millionaires clinging to it and exchanging coins between them for a zero sum game (plus fees and theft). ultimately all we have left is the laughs we had along the way. someone said buttcoin.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
thank you for attending my lecture. I have thoughts about bitcoins when I can’t sleep.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

just give it 2000 years and you'll see

beepee
Apr 29, 2010

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Boxturret posted:

just give it 2000 years and you'll see

bitcoin back in the $7,000 which means $10,000 which rhymes with m which stands for moon

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Are these bitcoins? Discuss.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
A guy at work is heavily into all cryptocurrencies to an almost birdbath-tier level. I made the mistake of indulging him with some polite questions and now he is convinced he’ll convert me if he’ll just show me all the amazing things bitcoin and etherium and the lightning network can do. I’m very annoyed.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Programmer Humor posted:

A guy at work is heavily into all cryptocurrencies to an almost birdbath-tier level. I made the mistake of indulging him with some polite questions and now he is convinced he’ll convert me if he’ll just show me all the amazing things bitcoin and etherium and the lightning network can do. I’m very annoyed.

Start acting really interested by it then ask him to invest in the biggest cyrptocurrency of all, after bending over to present your turtle heading anus

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
What’s w the birdbath refs

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Gazpacho posted:

What’s w the birdbath refs

You epoxy the ports of your cold wallet laptop shut and bury it under a birdbath.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1465634.0

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

gschmidl posted:

You epoxy the ports of your cold wallet laptop shut and bury it under a birdbath.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1465634.0
most women are not into investing, they usually rather play with makeup and usually depend on a man for money,

this is slowly changing as more women have started acting like men, joining the workforce and being more aggresive

most women are not very bright, this is decades of culture, not easy to change, will take years

also, most people get into bitcoin because they "need" to and not because someone pushes them into it

why would someone get into bitcoin when they have paypal and facebook, and little money in their bank.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Gazpacho posted:

most women are not into investing, they usually rather play with makeup and usually depend on a man for money,

this is slowly changing as more women have started acting like men, joining the workforce and being more aggresive

most women are not very bright, this is decades of culture, not easy to change, will take years

also, most people get into bitcoin because they "need" to and not because someone pushes them into it

why would someone get into bitcoin when they have paypal and facebook, and little money in their bank.

Source your quotes

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Programmer Humor posted:

tell him you bought some butts and then next time it tanks tell him you’ve lost everything and be really mad at him for ruining your life.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

EorayMel posted:

bitcoin made flesh

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

elite_garbage_man posted:

bitcoin made flesh

I'm not sure what the Vegas Golden Knights have with being a "Christian Warrior"

not sure Joshua 1:9 is the proof text they think it is...

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

no it's just a 1:9 scale joshua

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

smol josh

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

EorayMel posted:

what are the point of these? who would you show them to?

i have to imagine the people buying these are the same people who complain about darn kids getting participation trophies. at least the kids participated and didnt buy them.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

CampingCarl posted:

what are the point of these? who would you show them to?

i have to imagine the people buying these are the same people who complain about darn kids getting participation trophies. at least the kids participated and didnt buy them.

they are actually "challenge coins" where you show them to people at bars, and if they do not show a cooler coin back in response they owe you a drink

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

pogs are eternal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Boxturret posted:

pogs are eternal