Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

He will be calling me soon but he is thinking that the adjuster might just total it out. If that happens I will definitely buy it back and have it fixed. To be fair on the 12 mile drive to his shop I was amazed how there were no vibrations, steering tracked straight, not even wind noise or anything.

Looks like Utah is a Total Loss Formula state where (Cost of Repairs) > (FMV of Car) appears to be the legal guideline for whether it gets totaled or not.

What do KBB and Black Book say it's worth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Dang that looks rough, good luck piecing her back together.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

I’m going to say that is both repairable and likely won’t result in total loss by the insurance company because the repair estimate will be around $5-6000 including paint work.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Tremek posted:

Looks like Utah is a Total Loss Formula state where (Cost of Repairs) > (FMV of Car) appears to be the legal guideline for whether it gets totaled or not.

What do KBB and Black Book say it's worth?

I think when repairs reach about 70% or so of the value is when they get hesitant to repair because if another undiscovered repair pops up and puts the repair total beyond the value of the truck then insurance people or adjusters or something gets in trouble.

KBB is not very optimistic. Even at the level just below "Pristine and show room condition" is this:

NADA doesn't even bother asking specifics like mileage and condition but gives this:

and from KBB you can click the "search what other people are selling these for" and I can see two somewhat nearby with similar miles. Mine as 195K for reference and full maintenance history, and before Tuesday had ZERO accidents.

The white one from 2000 looks pretty clean for the most part but shows accident history. I bet the timing belt service will need to be done too.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

They were $55k new in the US??? The msrp in Australia for an 06 LX was north of $120k!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

How the gently caress can australians afford to buy things when essentially always getting dicked on prices?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Our wages are higher in comparison to the same jobs in the us, but it only offsets it slightly.

The real answer is we generally can’t afford to meet the cost of living AND buy things without scrimping and saving for a long time or living on credit, which is kinda why the AU economy is circling the drain and heading towards recession

For example the better half and I are on a combined income of around AU$120k. After the payments for our $350k mortgage and all the bills and living expenses come out each fortnight we’re lucky to be able to put a couple of hundred into savings. Fuel hurts, I’ve got the diesel 100 that uses around 13l/100 and I’m still feeding it $200+ of fuel a fortnight because we live in the hills around Adelaide and public transport is practically non existent

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful
That's nastier the more I look at it, but you're definitely on the right track re: buying it back if they total it. If you have any disposable income sitting around, consider it an opportunity to do PM on things that get ignored for convenience' sake, such as lower radiator hoses.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Looking at the values yours will get totaled for sure. As long as the frame isn’t bent you can make her right and keep on going. Get a steel bumper while you’re at it.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Dec 24, 2019

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Inspector went to see the car yesterday. To no surprise it was declared a total loss. The inner fender getting tweaked and that front bulkhead where the radiator mounts getting banged up were really what ultimately killed it.

Their first offer was pretty pitiful. Of course this is the inspector guy so he is probably just reading off of a notecard of what to say. "Minus your $500 deductible and based on sales the value of the payout will be $6,297" which I informed him I would be rejecting and need adjustments to be made for fair market value. He said that he would transfer my information to the "Total Loss Department" and they would be calling me some time today. The plan is to rebuild the truck. My friend told me that when I negotiate the buyback they would likely offer a sell back at 20% the payout value. He said to just reject it and tell them I would pay 10% of the payout amount, tell them I have done it before and that is the industry standard. He told me Co-Part is going to take it away for $750 so anything they get above that is totally fine by them.

With the negotiation I think the biggest thing I have going for me is the mileage. The inspector was claiming things about "the overall condition is taken into consideration and there is a dent on the rear quarter panel and rust on the back" which - yes it does have that but so does literally every other 20 year old truck, and every LC has the exact same rust in the same spot. At only 195K most every comparable LX in my area and surrounding areas have 15-25K more miles than mine, and they are listed for sale at a higher price than mine. In March I paid $9500 for this, plus my maintenance stuff which I have documented (timing belt etc). Pre-accident I would say that would likely be the going rate at a minimum. I would expect that if I can get a buy back price of less than $1500 and a pay out total of ~$8000 after deductible then I will be happy with the outcome and get the rebuild done and keep moving forward.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

How many miles have you put on since March? I figure $9500 should be the minimum, seeing as how you did expensive maintenance. The only time I've had a car totaled, I was getting ready to sell my car and Allstate gave me at least $1000 more than I was planning on listing it at, so I can't really complain.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Two week update since getting in my accident :toot:

Timeline of events to get everyone up to speed:
Tuesday, smoosh car
Thursday, drop car off at body shop, picked up rental Hyundai
Friday, body shop tear down of car
Monday, inspection of car, declared total loss. Inspector offered the princely sum of $6297 which I rejected and told him I would like fair market value, and plan on buying the truck back to fix for salvage/rebuilt status. I was given the number of the "Total Loss Dept" that handles that stuff.
Tuesday evening, called Total Loss since I didn't hear from them. Left a voicemail.
Wednesday, Insurance agents office calls me to see about removing the total loss car from my policy. I say NOOOO because the settlement was not completed yet, claim is STILL OPEN and still waiting for a call. They tell me they will reach out to Total Loss to contact me.
Thursday *crickets chirping, tumbleweed blowing etc*
Friday, left a second voicemail to total loss dept. Sent email to agent with "WTF dude we are pissing away money on a storage fee at the body shop and rental car every day this isn't handled"
Monday, a repeat of Thursday. Sent a message through allstate.com so at least there is likely some internal ticket system showing they are slacking at their job.
Tuesday (today) I call my agents office with a "WTF guys, I know not your department of crap do deal with but it has been over a week since I reached out to total loss and still have heard zero things and we are peeing away money at rental/storage fees" and I heard a surprised person on the other side who said he would be calling A at total loss and see what was going on. Then at 5:00 PM I get a call from Enterprise with a message of "Hey, so did your insurance company call you to tell you that your rental coverage was ending today?" which my reply was "no I definitely have NOT received anything from them indicating as much. Funny since my policy covers 30 days rental. I wish they would call me. I haven't heard from them in over a week." So I have the rental car still, because what the hell?

Dudes. This is Not GoodTM

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

from https://www.justice.org/sites/default/files/file-uploads/AAJ_Report_TenWorstInsuranceCompanies_FINAL.pdf

The Ten Worst Insurance
Companies In America
How They Raise Premiums,
Deny Claims, and Refuse Insurance
to Those Who Need It Most

quote:

One particular powerpoint slide
McKinsey prepared for Allstate featured an alligator and
the caption “sit and wait”—emphasizing that delaying
claims will increase the likelihood that the claimant gives
up. 12 According to former Allstate agent Shannon Kmatz,
this would make claims “so expensive and so time-
consuming that lawyers would start refusing to help
clients.” 13
Former Allstate adjusters say they were rewarded for
keeping claims payments low, even if they had to deceive
their customers. Adjusters who tried to deny fire claims by
blaming arson were rewarded with portable fridges,
according to former Allstate adjuster Jo Ann Katzman.

god mckinsey no wonder, just guessing but I bet they were a good insurance company once upon a time then got profitized

taqueso fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 18, 2019

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Maybe start recording your phone calls just in case

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
The increase in the amount of awareness of Bad poo poo(TM) that McKinsey does as a result of Mayor Pete...you love to see it, folks.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Tuesday (today) I call my agents office with a "WTF guys, I know not your department of crap do deal with but it has been over a week since I reached out to total loss and still have heard zero things and we are peeing away money at rental/storage fees" and I heard a surprised person on the other side who said he would be calling A at total loss and see what was going on. Then at 5:00 PM I get a call from Enterprise with a message of "Hey, so did your insurance company call you to tell you that your rental coverage was ending today?" which my reply was "no I definitely have NOT received anything from them indicating as much. Funny since my policy covers 30 days rental. I wish they would call me. I haven't heard from them in over a week." So I have the rental car still, because what the hell?

Dudes. This is Not GoodTM

That sucks. Fwiw it took me a month+ of dealing with my auto insurance to get the payout on my MB wagon, and 5.5+ months since the fire we haven't even settled with our homeowner's insurance over contents, and zero reconstruction has taken place on the house. Stay vigilant

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

These delays could also be 'squeeze' tactics to pressure you into just taking their offer.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Potentially relevant? Not exactly close to you, but hey.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

Oof, very my jam. That's like $3k (retail) worth of bumpers on that thing.

I don't know if it's worth the price, but it's probably not very far off - that's about what those go for out here, and that one's pretty tasteful and clean. If only I were ready to buy.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Captain McAllister posted:

These delays could also be 'squeeze' tactics to pressure you into just taking their offer.
Turned out this was plain and simple just a total oversight by an inept employee. However the market adjuster people are sticklers and I can already tell I am not going to be happy with my outcome which is TBD either tonight or possibly Monday.

IOwnCalculus posted:

I saw it yesterday. Looks like an alright build for the most part. Not my first pic for color because seafoam green is not my jam.

In a cruel twist of fate this little model I back ordered about two months ago was delivered today

And the tow strap/D rings I bought myself as my only Christmas gift seem irrelevant. The chance of a buyback and doing a rebuilt/salvage title are now ZERO. The buyback value which the dude told me is 100% non-negotiable was over $2500. I told him that I really loved my truck, and the outcome I would have been most pleased with would have been my truck back and a payout of about seven grand which he said "Yeah that is never gonna happen, but I do agree that the fair market value analysis is not good enough for your vehicle so I am going to send it out to whatever the name of the place was for a check for more relevant like vehicles"

Dudes this is going to suck balls. I at least have the rental car through the 26th. I will be stripping my good parts off the LX470 tonight/tomorrow. I found a set of wheels with tires that are round and hold air for $100 on the local classifieds to get mine off with the good tires.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

At least you get the chance to rip all the accessories off. Mine i would basically give the whole vehicle up and get a payout. Tho mine is insured for close to $90K so its not as bad.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
You may not get the buy back you want but hold the line on getting a valuation that makes sense (and have sources for your analysis). Imagine people make memes about you in which they call you Karen.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
Yeah in the USA they'd cage that thing up locked behind a gate and tell you to gently caress off. At least you can salvage what you can.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Crunchy Black posted:

Yeah in the USA they'd cage that thing up locked behind a gate and tell you to gently caress off. At least you can salvage what you can.
He lives in the US.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Posthumous postings
I have more adventures to tell even though I am on hiatus! The short story of the current events; All-State totaled the car. After waiting for over a week to negotiate the payout amount and to buy back the car I was basically told the car wasn’t worth that much so I wouldn’t get much out of the insurance. When I told them I wanted to buy it back however I was told the car was worth a lot, leaving me with very little and not enough to buy the car back and fix it, used/recycled parts and all. Payout value - $7,712.66. Minus $500 for the deductible leaves me with $7212. The buyback amount for the car I was told in no uncertain terms could not be negotiated and it would be something around $2600. The car search is on, but has been fruitless so far.
American Fork Canyon nestled along the eastern bench of the southern portion of the Wasatch Mountain range it is home to places like the Timpanogos caves and the scenic Alpine Loop which is a stretch of paved ribbon with some unbelievable views. I decided one fall afternoon to hit up a friend with a new-to-him RZR to drive up one of the recreational dirt roads. We met up at Tibble Fork reservoir. A place recently beautified and popular for paddle boarding/kayaking in the summer. The blue green water with the alpine background is lovely.
https://imgur.com/ZwwETC6 (link to Imgur video)
The kids desperately wanted to dip their feet into the water so I told them we would stop on our way out and they could do so even though it was cold.
The paved road near the reservoir gives way to a dirt road with ton of forks that you can choose to adventure through. We just stuck to the main path and went "up". The road is generally graded well but weather and traffic leaves these incredibly sharp rock gardens exposed. That is when we encountered The Caravan. Nothing can explain what we watched as we were stuck behind this dude for quite a while. We watched this already beat van bounce up and down over jagged rocks hammering away at what remained of his muffler.

This was the best photo I could grab while driving.
We finally reached a pull out where he mercifully moved to the side but waived us down before continuing on only to ask "How far up does this go? I just wanted to see where it went and how far I could get." Dude was old, and just hanging out with his wife. Dude definitely living up to the Grand part of the Caravan name.
We stopped to take in some scenery. A group of trail riding MXers rode by

We got to a point where we saw a sign for a Wasatch Jeep trail or something we thought we would check out. There was a small water crossing and then we were met with some srs off roading. More srs than we could handle so we turned around. By that time I decided it was time to start heading back down so we could check out the water and make it home for dinner.A timewarp video of the descent down:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAz66lRg0gE%A0%A0

https://imgur.com/MwYSSS4 (link to Imgur video)
Water was cold, as my 2YO found out (sound on for :kimchi:)
an uncommon selfie

I have some neat video I just need to pull from my GoPro and will post in a follow up. After that the next adventure is titled "Life, uh, finds a way"

fake edit: I miss this friggin truck :smith:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Big F for that.

How'd you get the altimeter overlay on that video? Looks neat.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Sorry to catch up and see this happened, buddy.
At least it wasn't the M3 - good luck finding as good a replacement, nonetheless.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

All-State totaled the car. After waiting for over a week to negotiate the payout amount and to buy back the car I was basically told the car wasn’t worth that much so I wouldn’t get much out of the insurance. When I told them I wanted to buy it back however I was told the car was worth a lot, leaving me with very little and not enough to buy the car back and fix it, used/recycled parts and all. Payout value - $7,712.66. Minus $500 for the deductible leaves me with $7212. The buyback amount for the car I was told in no uncertain terms could not be negotiated and it would be something around $2600. The car search is on, but has been fruitless so far.

Buncha lying, cheating bastards, the whole industry.
That report taqueso posted just confirms it.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Thread tag relevant. Self-fulfilling prophecy?

Seriously though, that sucks. :(

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

As someone who has never totaled a vehicle, much less bought it back ... were those numbers totally unrealistic, and what were you hoping for? It does seem like $7700 is a lot less than that vehicle should have been worth, and $4612 to "make you right" including repairing your now salvage-titled vehicle seems like very little. I just have no idea what should have happened.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

For my part I think the issue is that for the money offered, he can't replace the quality of the experience that he had prior to the accident for the payout.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

Big F for that.

How'd you get the altimeter overlay on that video? Looks neat.
It is a built in feature for the GoPro. I am using the Hero7 Black. I purchased one after it came out (Just a bit over a year ago) and moved up from a 3+ Black. This thing is incredible. It also has G force stuff, google maps, GPS speedometer. You can access it all through the app and add whatever badge you want, overlay/position it where you want and how big you want. Plus image stabilized time-lapse! So good.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Sorry to catch up and see this happened, buddy.
At least it wasn't the M3 - good luck finding as good a replacement, nonetheless.
If it was the M3 I would be in therapy or a mental institution. Fortunately the M has been in hibernation for a while with the crap weather here. Please import some of that excess sunshine you have please and thanks.

Darchangel posted:

Buncha lying, cheating bastards, the whole industry.
Fire them all directly into the sun.

@Krakkles; the ball buster is that insurance is supposed to "make you whole" ie; you should be returned to pre-collision or pre-incident condition. They get to play by their own rules however, and they get to tell you how much that is worth. What I paid for it 9 months ago is irrelevant. They base your cars value on "market rates and for sale ads in your locale" which is bull, they dissect my vehicle with "there were dings and scratches and the interior is pretty worn out" and compared it to trucks with 25K to 80k miles more than mine, and take what the advertised price is and basically treat those advertised cars as though they are immaculate :shrug: It is all bull crap. You can fight and contest which I did, which netted me an extra ~$900 but that is still not pre-collision condition. They don't give a poo poo about you, no insurance company ever will.

The buyback (owner retention cost) was considered a lot, as my friend who is in the collision repair industry has told me generally speaking insurance companies will tell you that the buyback price is ~20% of the value (IE; $7700x0.20, around $1500). The real thing is you can generally get them back for around 10% of the payout cost and can negotiate it. For whatever reason they were a bunch of dicks. I know it went to Copart in SLC. I am almost tempted to watch it go to auction and buy it for $500.

This 2006 is currently in the lead for replacement truck. There is a leak at the PS pump, so either a supply hose (cheap) or the pump/gaskets need replacing ($600). It is in extremely good shape, all original body panels, no rust, decent interior. Good maintenance history as well. It was a local trade in from someone that bought a car from this dealership. They replaced the windshield, I saw it and it was broken and talked to them about it and they had scheduled replacement already. They said they would go down $600 (cost of replacing the PS pump) but nothing else. The tires are bald/cracked the wheels were once painted black and they tried to remove the paint and somehow made it all look worse. They then went on to tell me they have a $500 "Dealer Doc fee" which is :laffo: amounts. I am going to make a play for it Monday or Tuesday (last day of the month/year) and tell them I want it tax/title/license/doc fee for $9800 or less. Frankly that is a shitload for a now 14 year old SUV with 230K miles. No banks or CUs will take a loan on them so their buying pool is limited to cash buyers.

Instant adventure. Just add Land Cruiser :sigh:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

For what it’s worth, the Toyota power steering pumps generally only leak from one or two places, and if I can buy an end to end seal kit from Toyota for one of em for under $100 in Australia it should be about $10 in the US.

Theres only one seal on em (well on the diesels still least) that you need a press to change, but I’ve never seen one of those go before. Everything else is hand tools. It was harder to get the thing in and out and bled than resealing it.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Get a 200 if you can swing it, the 3UR-FE + 6 speed auto is night and day better at our mutual altitude.

I think there is literally a +100hp difference between a 2006/7 and a 2008+ plus better gearing.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
One thing I noticed with Hagerty was that (and this is for the hiace I had which I sold pretty quickly as people were asking me to sell it left and right) they actually let me set my own replacement cost.

What's more they also asked me what I sold it for as they explained they like to ask people to keep abreast of what these things are worth

When I asked them to insure it for nearly 15 grand they didn't even blink.

But yeah for my daily driver cars I only do liability because I drive beaters and I know the insurance would gently caress me anyway.

Also in my limited dealer experience the $500 doc fee is normal and one of the reasons I will never ever buy from a dealer again.

wilfredmerriweathr fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 29, 2019

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

At least your not trying to buy one in Australia...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars?q=(And.Service.Carsales._.(C.Make.Lexus._.(C.Model.LX._.(Or.Badge.LX470._.Badge.LX570.))))

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

This thread helped push me to replace my 2003 GS430 with a 2017 GX 460 Luxury with the driver support package (includes crawl control). I happened to buy it before it was even detailed so I don't get to pick it up until tomorrow, but picking it up happens to coincide with a vacation San Diego. I'm going to be visiting Anza Borrego and had been thinking of renting a 4x4 to visit the parts I want to see, but now I'll have my chance to do it in my own car. I can already tell that for road trips with the dogs I'll need more storage space, so I guess roof rack it is.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Tremek posted:

Get a 200 if you can swing it, the 3UR-FE + 6 speed auto is night and day better at our mutual altitude.

I think there is literally a +100hp difference between a 2006/7 and a 2008+ plus better gearing.
Believe me I have definitely considered it and maybe in a future time a 200 will be the answer. This is purely the "beater" for me and right now spending 20K+ on a beater is not something I am ready to do. To find a decent 100 at half the price is much more palatable for me, plus I feel comfortable with the platform with regard to driving it/working on it etc. Locally there are no 20K 200's as well, that means an out of state flight/shipping and dealing with PPIs etc etc.

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Also in my limited dealer experience the $500 doc fee is normal and one of the reasons I will never ever buy from a dealer again.
A dealer doc fee is expected, normally a couple hundred bucks. Five hundred is egregious. RE: stated value claims I will likely be shopping insurance near the end of my policy period and will want a stated value, particularly for the M3...

*Laughs in freedom* :911:

MomJeans420 posted:

This thread helped push me to replace my 2003 GS430 with a 2017 GX 460 Luxury with the driver support package (includes crawl control). I happened to buy it before it was even detailed so I don't get to pick it up until tomorrow, but picking it up happens to coincide with a vacation San Diego. I'm going to be visiting Anza Borrego and had been thinking of renting a 4x4 to visit the parts I want to see, but now I'll have my chance to do it in my own car. I can already tell that for road trips with the dogs I'll need more storage space, so I guess roof rack it is.
So good! Not sure what you locale is but in southern California there is a shop that I know the owner of called Demello Offroad. They have some really good stuff for the GX platforms! Good following on Instagram too, worth checking out.

Now for stuff running through my brain so try and follow my logic here. The family car is a Flex (with ecoboost). I like it quite a bit. My wife doesn't care much for it at all. She has always dreamed of an X5. Having a 100 around was great because we had a backup car that could easily fit all three kids (they were all young and for a time were all in car seats). My two older are now in boosters and the youngest is in a front facing car seat. It doesn't seem impossible to one day have something like an X5. The value of the Flex has gone in half since we bought it (only four years and 40k miles). It totally sucks. On one hand - keep it until it dies, on the other? Sell it and get something fun for my wife? Color me surprised when browsing local classifieds I found an F80 M3, clean title, clean car fax for $35K. These friggin things are dipping into the 30's now? Wild. I showed my wife and she was like I want it and honestly I would search for boosters/car seat to make that happen. If we had a 100 and she could daily around an F80 that would be dope as hell. The F80 is definitely more livable and less "precious" than my S65 powered E90. So that gives me something to think about. For what I could sell the Flex for I could probably jump into an F80 for like ~$25K. That is just nuts to me. An F80 probably has just as much seat room as an X5 anyways.

I wanna be a 2 M3 family :laffo: and I am just stupid enough that I will probably one day pull it off. For now wish me luck tomorrow/Tuesday as I go in and try to grab that 2006.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Used X5Ms are cheap and vastly more entertaining than the wet-noodle chassis Flex (man did they name it right, those things and the hideous narwhal platform-mate Lincoln MKT of the same era are scary at even modest limits.)

You’re high if you think you can wedge two boosters and a front facing car seat into an M3 for any long-term setup. Your wife and kids will hate you. The car doesn’t have a long enough wheelbase to make the whole setup comfortable, the rear bench has too much lateral bolstering which forces you to put the youngest in the middle which is the worst possible spot for the largest car seat, the kids in the boosters may not even be able to easily buckle their shoulder belts with a bigass front-facing car seat in the way, and everyone is going to be uncomfortable and pissy.

Deets: I have played 3 Car Seat Monty in my G8, E55, CTS-V, E63s, Cayenne, GL550, X5M, Land Cruiser (80, 100, and 200), Suburban, Raptor, S65, and a bunch more dumb stuff, and I’m telling you that if you want to go 2-row, the X5 has the best rear bench of all of the above for kids car seats save the Raptor, and even then it’s close. No foolin’.