Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DJ Dizzy posted:

Joining guilds and robbing them blind is the way to play this game, right?

Kinda. There are opportunities to make money this way, but it's not functional different from normal theft.

It's not like Oblivion where you can freely take everything in the building, which I'm guessing is what you're thinking of. Some of the guilds have specially designated "supply chest" of free poo poo you can take. Taking anything else is theft. Basically robbing your guild is the same as robbing a shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

chaosapiant posted:

My favorite enchantments back in the day were simple health regen enchantments. I liked regaining health at a rapid rate without doing anything.

I like using telekinesis and waterwalking together so I could go diving for pearls without having to dive

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

A pearl necklace for uncle Crassius

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

chaosapiant posted:

My favorite enchantments back in the day were simple health regen enchantments. I liked regaining health at a rapid rate without doing anything.

black white black black black

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Constant effect restore health 1 point makes it so just waiting 1 hour will bring your health to full

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The way it's SUPPOSED to work is if you're underwater and cast water walking it instantly slams you up through the surface at the speed of light. Thus has it been since before Resdayn.

Some mod or something I had last time made it so the spell wouldn't cast at all, and I was very unhappy to find it out while surrounded by dreugh

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

SniperWoreConverse posted:

The way it's SUPPOSED to work is if you're underwater and cast water walking it instantly slams you up through the surface at the speed of light. Thus has it been since before Resdayn.

Some mod or something I had last time made it so the spell wouldn't cast at all, and I was very unhappy to find it out while surrounded by dreugh

Guessing it was intended as a "fix" to the fairly common bug of submersed water walking teleporting you to the surface of the water so hard it kills you.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
hmpf that's worth the risk. How else am I supposed to pull off completely suicidal poo poo? Put the reverse ripcord back imo

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Any recommendations on Vanilla+ in the last weeks of 2019? I am looking for:

- Good shader setup (MGE-XE)
- Quality of life (so I'm not poopsocking 5x)
- vanilla but non blurry textures
- improved NPCs (but not sex dolls) and less-lovely animations
- Ground cover/trees

Already using Patch for Purists. Also planning on using TR.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

hmpf that's worth the risk. How else am I supposed to pull off completely suicidal poo poo? Put the reverse ripcord back imo

It's the same game that has the scrolls of icarian flight, how is the chance of a spell backfiring horribly a bug and not a feature?

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

Gyshall posted:

Any recommendations on Vanilla+ in the last weeks of 2019? I am looking for:

- Good shader setup (MGE-XE)
- Quality of life (so I'm not poopsocking 5x)
- vanilla but non blurry textures
- improved NPCs (but not sex dolls) and less-lovely animations
- Ground cover/trees

Already using Patch for Purists. Also planning on using TR.

For MGE-XE shader setup, I roll with Fast SSAO, sunshafts, underwater effects, then HDR. Don't use Depth of Field.

If you're looking for the simplest (non-GCD) leveling up method, Linora's Leveling Mod gives you +5 to everything on level-up.

The best HD vanilla texture mod I believe is Morrowind Enhanced Textures. I'm phoneposting, so someone can correct me if it's the other upscaled one that's better.

Not sure about better NPC mods, animations, or trees. ll the ones I know of are the ones you don't want.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Musical_Daredevil posted:

Not sure about better NPC mods, animations, or trees. ll the ones I know of are the ones you don't want.

Everything Musical_Daredevil posted above is right.

For NPCs, you don't need much if you're using the MET. I like the default faces when using it, personally.

For bodies, I've enjoyed Vanilla-Style Body Replacer.

For groundcover, I think the best recent one is Remiros' Groundcover (also works with TR).

For trees, I use (installed in this order):

Vurt's Bitter Coast Trees II - Remastered and Optimized
Vurt's Grazeland Trees II (without the palms)
Remiros' Ascadian Isles Trees 2
Vurt's Mournhold Trees II
Vurt's Mournhold Dead Trees
Vanilla-Friendly West Gash Tree Replacer

Another useful thing is Morrowind Optimization Patch.

That should be basically everything you need, graphics-wise. Be sure to use MGE-XE to generate distant land before you start, or things might get wonky.

There's other things you can use, as always, but if you don't want to fall into the modding rabbit hole, that's a good Vanilla+ setup.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Thanks goons - great lists.

Also one other question - what settings are you goons using in game for the shadows and distance sliders. Are those necessary with MGE-XE?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Booourns posted:

I like using telekinesis and waterwalking together so I could go diving for pearls without having to dive

Never thought of that! That's a pretty dope enchant!

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Gyshall posted:

Also one other question - what settings are you goons using in game for the shadows and distance sliders. Are those necessary with MGE-XE?

In-game, I have view distance maxed, AI distance at normal, and actor shadows off (since I think they look bad).

Here's my MGE-XE settings for distant land and such. I'm not sure if they're "right", but they work fine with me and preserve some of the original fog without it being too close to the player.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Is there a way to change my major/minor skills without loving up something with GCD? Taking block and enchant may not have been the smartest of moves.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
So I'm ready to start playing now, what are goons thoughts on this character build? I'm using the Anti Cheese and Half11 misc mods so I'll be playing for ~ lore~ and just chilling instead of trying to break the game like I usually do.

Race: Redguard
Birthsign: Atronach
Specialization: Magic
Favored Attributes: Intelligence, Willpower

Major Skills
Short Blade
Enchant
Alteration
Illusion Destruction
Conjuration

Minor Skills
Long Blade
Mysticism
Restoration
Heavy Armor
Light Armor

Other QOL mods I'm using: Purist friendly magicka regen and movement fatigued halved from the Morrowind Enhanced mod pack.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Dec 19, 2019

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

I would take destruction as a major/minor skill, if for nothing else than dealing with cliff racers.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

DJ Dizzy posted:

I would take destruction as a major/minor skill, if for nothing else than dealing with cliff racers.

A weak on target absorb health using mysticism will work just as well.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Dec 19, 2019

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Fair.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well won’t the Atronach birthsign make your magicka regen mod entirely moot?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Isn’t there a way to get effectively unlimited magicka by using a drain Int spell on yourself or something similar?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Welllll I'm down in the tomb of the toiletlord / a flash of fear when I smell his turd

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Man. gently caress the city of Vivec.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

DJ Dizzy posted:

Indeed. If only it was loving bigger.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DJ Dizzy posted:

Here's how you Vivec.

1) Arrive at Vivec by any means.

2) Immediately cast "Almsivi Intervention".

3) OPTIONAL: Talk to the Temple guy right front of your face and buy a "rising force" potion (it costs a pittance) if you don't already have one.

4) Touch the shrine on the corner of the platform and give it a "rising force" potion.

5) Congrats, you can fly all over the city at a brisk speed and this won't wear off for many in-game hours.

Repeat every time you visit Vivec.

For additional convenience: cast "Mark" at your point of entry. When ready to leave Vivec, cast "Recall".

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Psst...

Don't spread this without reason. You're the first people to see it outside of TR leads. Expect this to hit in 24 to 48 hours.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Atrayonis posted:

Psst...

Don't spread this without reason. You're the first people to see it outside of TR leads. Expect this to hit in 24 to 48 hours.
you fool you've set a deadline!
we're doomed

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Atrayonis posted:

Psst...

Dang, it looks beautiful. I can't wait to give it a go. I think I'm gonna risk it on my current character since I haven't been to the mainland yet 😬

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

you fool you've set a deadline!
we're doomed

hmmhmm

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
wtf is going on with the impergonian at 2:30?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

anything is possible if you believe

kartur 2020
kemel-ze 2020
necrom 2020

Cat Mattress posted:

wtf is going on with the impergonian at 2:30?

the best quest I've ever made

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
TR is really impressive and I enjoyed exploring parts of the last release but ... I think it’s getting too big. Like there’s no way I can do it justice because either I rush around seeing everything and miss most of the detail, or I experience more of the quests and content but only see a fraction of the world ...

I guess what I want is a tour guide

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

M'aiq's Morrowind Mainland Tour, coming soon to you on TES3MP

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

play it with friends online, split up, and tell each other what you find

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Goddamn. I don't remember this game being this hard. Maybe GCD isn't for me. How the heck does any melee character get anything done when mobs annihilate you in a few hits.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Soricidus posted:

TR is really impressive and I enjoyed exploring parts of the last release but ... I think it’s getting too big. Like there’s no way I can do it justice because either I rush around seeing everything and miss most of the detail, or I experience more of the quests and content but only see a fraction of the world ...

I guess what I want is a tour guide

Faction quests take you more or less everywhere. No different from the base game. Start in old ebonheart and do those guilds, then head south and join the temple. The quests are designed to send you a huge number of places both in the current release and those previous. Dont be in a rush!

Also the next release is the fabled Seyda Neen sister city along with the balmora analogue. The best time to start TR is now, the second best time is when that comes out. This release marks the first redoran settlements, the next release marks the first Redoran :toot:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

Goddamn. I don't remember this game being this hard. Maybe GCD isn't for me. How the heck does any melee character get anything done when mobs annihilate you in a few hits.

Are you constantly at low fatigue? Download speed and stamina tweaked, it makes running not drain fatigue. At 0 fatigue you hit 30% less and get hit 30% more. I dont know if they intended for you to walk everywhere or what but that sucks rear end

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

DJ Dizzy posted:

Who/what are you trying to fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Who/what are you trying to fight?

Skeletal Champions, Skeletons, People with weapons and basic light armor.