Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Splat
Vampire
Werewolf
Mage
Changeling
Promethean
Demon
Hunter
Sin Eater
Deviant
Mummy lol
beast?!
Goku
View Results

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

For anyone who backed Geist 2e, Memento Mori (all the KS stretch goal stuff) is out now. Super-cool stuff, including two new Haunts (one around emptiness/nothingness, one around memories) and a bunch of cool mementos, including a cursed video game that can be played on anything with a screen and buttons, but won't turn off, including if you destroy the machine itself. The only fix is transferring it to another machine, at which point the previous one is irredeemably corrupted. RIP. It gives you access to the key of Disease, of course.

e: Also, in a rare burst of well-considered layout, the new Haunts have their relevant Conditions listed right at the start of the entry instead of tucked away in the back matter of the book. Please do this always.

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

Vampires don't have nightvision as a Thing, although Auspex or Protean at their first level would probably fix that up.

Masquerade ones don't, Requiem vampires do.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Metapod posted:

Sounds like y'alls issue with malks is the people you played with are unimaginative and bad at roleplaying. There's nothing wrong with the mentally ill getting some representation with a vampire clan.

Except that Malkavian's are no representational of Mental Illness, they're reductive caricatures of mental illness.

Also are you seriously going to start this poo poo again? The last time you and your alter ego started threadshitting it was over "Oh well this crappy stupid thing would totally fine if only you were an enlightened mature Roleplayer like Iwe are."

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Omnicrom posted:

Except that Malkavian's are no representational of Mental Illness, they're reductive caricatures of mental illness.

Also are you seriously going to start this poo poo again? The last time you and your alter ego started threadshitting it was over "Oh well this crappy stupid thing would totally fine if only you were an enlightened mature Roleplayer like Iwe are."

This. Believing that Malkavians can properly represent the mentally ill is like thinking that Mammy, Pork and Prissy from loving Gone With the Wind properly represent Black people.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

joylessdivision posted:

I assume yes to the curing of ailments but I suppose it could go either way depending on storyteller and player choice.

Like if you had a wheelchair in life do you still need it after embrace? Could make for an interesting story if you did.

There was a Lasombra who was paraplegic in life and used his shadow tentacles for mobility post-life that I remember from the Lasombra clanbook way back when. He stuck with me more than most example NPCs/characters.

Aoi fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 19, 2019

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Is Onyx Path not doing any more VtR stuff? That sucks.

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets

Arivia posted:

Is Onyx Path not doing any more VtR stuff? That sucks.

The next Requiem book is all the way up to the “looking at the pdf proof for obvious goofs” stage, just before being released.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Metapod posted:

Sounds like y'alls issue with malks is the people you played with are unimaginative and bad at roleplaying. There's nothing wrong with the mentally ill getting some representation with a vampire clan.
:getout:

As for the Embrace and injuries it seems to basically be "uh, depends." What would seem like a neat way to explain it is that if you're embracing a mangled person or doing the "he JUST died, I'm gonna turn him" trick, you need to pump a lot more blood into them if you don't want them to be permanently hosed up.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Dave Brookshaw posted:

The next Requiem book is all the way up to the “looking at the pdf proof for obvious goofs” stage, just before being released.

Oh cool! I must have missed it the last time I looked at their weekly updates or whatever. Thanks!

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
In theory, couldn't a vampire who was permanently mangled or maimed in some way before the embrace, but had 'healed' that injury (as in, it wasn't still fresh and messy), be able to spend blood every night to heal the injury, even if it'd also 'reoccur' every day, too, kind of like other bodily issues?

I mean, a vampire can regrow lost limbs or heal a broken spine or even a crushed head pretty easily if they burn enough blood, so why not an old injury from back before they were embraced?
:thunk:

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

EimiYoshikawa posted:

In theory, couldn't a vampire who was permanently mangled or maimed in some way before the embrace, but had 'healed' that injury (as in, it wasn't still fresh and messy), be able to spend blood every night to heal the injury, even if it'd also 'reoccur' every day, too, kind of like other bodily issues?

I mean, a vampire can regrow lost limbs or heal a broken spine or even a crushed head pretty easily if they burn enough blood, so why not an old injury from back before they were embraced?
:thunk:

I can't remember if it's in Masquerade or Requiem, but vampires can make changes to their body permanent by spending Willpower. I believe this could, indeed, be used to heal old, pre-death injuries.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

EimiYoshikawa posted:

There was a Lasombra who was paraplegic in life and used his shadow tentacles for mobility post-life that I remember from the Lasombra clanbook way back when. He stuck with me more than most example NPCs/characters.

That sounds loving cool and a pretty handy use of vampire power.

And since we're discussing injuries and such, My wonderful, lovely coterie of idiots have suggested that they want to fix up one of the characters motorcycles so that the other can be pulled along by a tow-rope on a skateboard doing 90 on the freeway.

The Malk (with the skateboard) and the Toreador (the owner of the bike) think this is a genius idea and want to do this without helmets because "Whats the worst that can happen?"

The Tremere of course thinks this is a terrible idea and that they need helmets or they'll end up putting themselves into Torpor.

I as the storyteller am sitting back cackling like a madman.

So, my actual question, If the Malk wrecks himself on the highway, how likely is he going to put himself into torpor. And will the helmet actually help?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Meanwhile I'm just thinking of the Lasombra in the clanbook who got spite-embraced with a really bad sunburn so he started out every night looking like an absolute dipshit.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

joylessdivision posted:

So, my actual question, If the Malk wrecks himself on the highway, how likely is he going to put himself into torpor. And will the helmet actually help?

IIRC the section on Driving Stunts covers high-speed impacts. At 90 I think it's safe to classify this as Lethal damage, so there's the potential that if they crashed into the right kind of obstacle, this could lead to Final Death.

Helmets count as Armor, I think, but I think a better representation would be to have the helmet prevent the damage from 10-againing. It's not going to save you, but it can stop a head-first collision from being a brain-first collision.

edit- If I remember the section right, even low-level armor (leather jackets and specifically made motorcycle gear) turn some of the road rash damage into bashing damage, so they might want to invest in some of that.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

joylessdivision posted:

That sounds loving cool and a pretty handy use of vampire power.

And since we're discussing injuries and such, My wonderful, lovely coterie of idiots have suggested that they want to fix up one of the characters motorcycles so that the other can be pulled along by a tow-rope on a skateboard doing 90 on the freeway.

The Malk (with the skateboard) and the Toreador (the owner of the bike) think this is a genius idea and want to do this without helmets because "Whats the worst that can happen?"

The Tremere of course thinks this is a terrible idea and that they need helmets or they'll end up putting themselves into Torpor.

I as the storyteller am sitting back cackling like a madman.

It's been a long while since I've done much of anything with Vampire, either Masquerade or Requiem. That said, it would really depend on their level of injury and current blood pool at the time of said wreckage. As long as they have enough blood to rise the next night, they stay out of torpor, I think.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Kurieg posted:

As others have repeatedly pointed out, the Malks aren't a representation of mental illness (which is such a ludicrously large umbrella as would be near impossible to turn into mechanics) they are a representation of the Victorian concept of "madness".

Calling what Malks have a "mental illness" is insulting in the extreme.

This landed in the "bottom of last page oubliette" but it absolutely bears repeating.

The Malkavian curse has as much in common with mental illness as Celerity does with life speed training. It's a supernatural exaggeration, not representation.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

moths posted:

This landed in the "bottom of last page oubliette" but it absolutely bears repeating.

The Malkavian curse has as much in common with mental illness as Celerity does with life speed training. It's a supernatural exaggeration, not representation.

It's not like White Wolf was ever exactly super-sensitive to other cultures/situations. There's a supplements called World of Darkness: Gypsies. That's like having a supplement dealing with Jewish culture and especially mystical tradition called World of Darkness: Kikes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Bruce Baugh based a lot of that character on his own personal history. I think it's why it works so well, in addition to Bruce just being good at games.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Everyone posted:

It's not like White Wolf was ever exactly super-sensitive to other cultures/situations. There's a supplements called World of Darkness: Gypsies. That's like having a supplement dealing with Jewish culture and especially mystical tradition called World of Darkness: Kikes.

How did you find Swedracula's road map of content?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It's not even about being "enlightened" if a person is role playing a caricature of a mentally ill person that's on the person not the game's description of a malk. Just like if a person decides to role play a caricature of a gang member for a brujah they will probably do some real hosed up cringey poo poo but that's not of the fault of the games description of brujah it's the player is bad at roleplaying. Unless of course that was the point of the character he/she made. Nonetheless if you're playing with someone who is playing as a caricature of a mentally ill person maybe talk to them about that because that's on them not the game itself.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Metapod posted:

It's not even about being "enlightened" if a person is role playing a caricature of a mentally ill person that's on the person not the game's description of a malk. Just like if a person decides to role play a caricature of a gang member for a brujah they will probably do some real hosed up cringey poo poo but that's not of the fault of the games description of brujah it's the player is bad at roleplaying. Unless of course that was the point of the character he/she made. Nonetheless if you're playing with someone who is playing as a caricature of a mentally ill person maybe talk to them about that because that's on them not the game itself.

The problem with offensive media isn't that I'm worried that it will turn my friends into bigots.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Yeah the issue with Malkavians is "they're all ~mad~ but ~the madness brings wisdom~." Had they been portrayed as more like "every Malkavian has a weird perceptual issue that they can only adapt to, not overcome" plus "they tend to Embrace people shunned for weird perceptions, including the mentally ill, which has led to a Reputation in the Community," there would be much less of an issue. Sort of like how the Brujah weakness is "-2 frenzy difficulty," not "must obsessively oppose authority at all times."

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Metapod posted:

It's both. Players inclined to do so can use/abuse various game ability to do all kinds of horrible poo poo. "Charm Person" from AD&D can be used to facilitate rape. But there's a difference between a player choosing to use an ability to do something evil and a game requiring something that's just evil.

quote:

The Curse of the Violet Mist

This ritual can be performed only in the
desert area of hex 2116 where stand a few stones (the
last remnants of a vast tower) rounded smooth by the
winds and the sands. The Sorcerer must obtain the weird
copperish metal of the Snake-Men that, when melted, is
merely warm to the touch. He must bind the sacrifice (a
Purple female virgin of no more than 13 years and no less
than 9) to one of the stones and cover her naked body with
the melted metal. Over the next 2–3 days the Sorcerer
intermittently chants and performs cryptic signs while
the desert sun claims the sacrifice. With her torments, the
Violet Mist in its prison of the Angled Labyrinth is also
tormented. When the sacrifice finally dies, the Violet Mist
is cowed to the Sorcerer’s will.

That little bit of ritual magic joy is from the game, Carcosa. A "Purple" person is just a human person with purple-colored skin. So, basically, assuming that you want to cow a Violet Mist to your will, all you have to do get a 10 year old girl with purple skin, strip her naked (making sure that the 10 year old little girl is naked is super-duper important here), tie her to a rock, cover her naked (remember that the 10 year old little girl is naked) body with the weird metal and then chant and make signs while she dies of thirst and exposure over two or three days (try not to let her begging for her life or crying for her mother distract you from your chanting and signing. Gotta cow that Violet Mist, after all).

Let's be totally clear about all this. This isn't something evil NPCs do that you can piece together later after your heroic PCs have stopped them. This is an actual ritual designed for player-character Sorcerers to be able learn and use within this game. And the only two classes in this AD&D-style game are Warrior and Sorcerer. So, if you want to play a Sorcerer, you have to do this or something similarly vile to get the most out of your character's abilities.

The guy who wrote this ritual could have picked any other method. You could sacrifice gold, silver, cool space-people artifacts. He chose that in order to do this, you need to use a ten year old girl and that she needed to be naked while she slowly died as well. That was a deliberate choice on the part of the writer of this game.

And I am ashamed that I gave this mother-fucker some of my money in expectation of getting a cool, H.P. Lovecraft thing.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 19, 2019

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Ferrinus posted:

The problem with offensive media isn't that I'm worried that it will turn my friends into bigots.

okay ferrinus, but like, you see how this is on you, sorta, for not being friends with enough crypto-bigots? i'm just saying if you were really as tolerant as you claimed to be you'd be able to debate them in the marketplace of ideas. i'm really apolitical here, just asking questions about the inherit worth of invented categories of human beings

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Everyone posted:

It's both. Players inclined to do so can use/abuse various game ability to do all kinds of horrible poo poo. "Charm Person" from AD&D can be used to facilitate rape. But there's a difference between a player choosing to use an ability to do something evil and a game requiring something that's just evil.

That little bit of ritual magic joy is from the game, Carcosa. A "Purple" person is just a human person with purple-colored skin. So, basically, assuming that you want to cow a Violet Mist to your will, all you have to do get a 10 year old girl with purple skin, strip her naked (making sure that the 10 year old little girl is naked is super-duper important here), tie her to a rock, cover her naked (remember that the 10 year old little girl is naked) body with the weird metal and then chant and make signs while she dies of thirst and exposure over two or three days (try not to let her begging for her life or crying for her mother distract you from your chanting and signing. Gotta cow that Violet Mist, after all).

Let's be totally clear about all this. This isn't something evil NPCs do that you can piece together later after your heroic PCs have stopped them. This is an actual ritual designed for player-character Sorcerers to be able learn and use within this game. And the only two classes in this AD&D-style game are Warrior and Sorcerer. So, if you want to play a Sorcerer, you have to do this or something similarly vile to get the most out of your character's abilities.

The guy who wrote this ritual could have picked any other method. You could sacrifice gold, silver, cool space-people artifacts. He chose that in order to do this, you need to use a ten year old girl and that she needed to be naked while she slowly died as well. That was a deliberate choice on the part of the writer of this game.

And I am ashamed that I gave this mother-fucker some of my money in expectation of getting a cool, H.P. Lovecraft thing.

I feel like this bit of magic should technically be offset by everyone wanting to loving murder you for doing it.

It's like the Tremere hypothesis of downsides posted earlier in this thread. You want to be one of the most potentially overpowered clans? Great! You get an endless number of enemies that hate you just for what you are or what your ancestors did to them in the past, a bunch of homicidal douchebags in your hierarchy that want to keep you as their de-facto slave for eternity (or in 5e, multiple hierarchies that will want to kill you for not being part of them), and have to deal with normal vampire bullshit on top of everything else.

Like another poster said way back in the thread. You want to be a Tremere? The GM's response should be to let them be a Tremere. Then have the karma come hard and fast.

Also, given that Innsmouth is a thing that's only slightly worse than what some depictions of the place have been like in HP Lovecraft's mythos. Dude was a skeevy turbo-bigot if you go back to read about him.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Archonex posted:

It's like the Tremere hypothesis of downsides posted earlier in this thread. You want to be one of the most potentially overpowered clans? Great! You get an endless number of enemies that hate you just for what you are or what your ancestors did to them in the past, a bunch of homicidal douchebags in your hierarchy that want to keep you as their de-facto slave for eternity (or in 5e, multiple hierarchies that will want to kill you for not being part of them), and have to deal with normal vampire bullshit on top of everything else.

The problem with this in a group game is it basically makes the Tremere character the star. They are the most powerful and the plot revolves around them? Not really going to disencentivize a lot of players.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Am I not understanding the Ministry correctly or is their whole deal "Set's the father of vampires and also here's some edgy teenage stuff about god and society being fake"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Am I not understanding the Ministry correctly or is their whole deal "Set's the father of vampires and also here's some edgy teenage stuff about god and society being fake"

Without reading the bit on the Ministry that's technically always been the Followers of Set's whole deal. Only by obliterating your old morality (through the use of what 'false' society considers sin) can you embrace the worship of Set.

(I miss they're not called Theophidians anymore.)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

Without reading the bit on the Ministry that's technically always been the Followers of Set's whole deal. Only by obliterating your old morality (through the use of what 'false' society considers sin) can you embrace the worship of Set.

(I miss they're not called Theophidians anymore.)

This is a better/more interesting summation than X pages of disjointed lore from the Anarch book in v5, so cheers for that.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The best (and possibly only good) source of more information would be the Revised Followers of Set book.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

General HPL note:

That Carcosa thing isn’t recreating Innsmouth.

Lovecraft was super racist, but ironically his brand of horror meant that I can’t think of a lot of sexual peril tropes with his monsters. This is because the horror was supposed to come from humans voluntarily having sex with them, because it’s a racism/miscegenation/marrying a Catholic metaphor.

Innsmouth in the original story completely ignored any of the usual implications of forced marriage to instead lean entirely on the horrors of nonwhite ancestry. Later authors and game designers have added sexual peril because that makes the Deep Ones much more evil in the standard way, ironically recreating a different racist trope.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
The horror inherent in marrying a Catholic is having to pretend that you don't mind eating nothing but McFishes every Friday.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Joe Slowboat posted:

General HPL note:

That Carcosa thing isn’t recreating Innsmouth.

Lovecraft was super racist, but ironically his brand of horror meant that I can’t think of a lot of sexual peril tropes with his monsters. This is because the horror was supposed to come from humans voluntarily having sex with them, because it’s a racism/miscegenation/marrying a Catholic metaphor.

Innsmouth in the original story completely ignored any of the usual implications of forced marriage to instead lean entirely on the horrors of nonwhite ancestry. Later authors and game designers have added sexual peril because that makes the Deep Ones much more evil in the standard way, ironically recreating a different racist trope.

There was definitely a lot of sexual peril in some of Lovecraft's works. Just in a way that was socially acceptable for the era and was more focused on his super bigoted beliefs. Dude was hard up on miscegenation being the downfall of society among a whole variety of other things. People adding in the sexual stuff overtly later on is just a logical result of what happens when you get someone looking at the stories that wasn't prone to screaming at crowds of minorities in a blind rage.

Hell, Innsmouth itself represents a good part of this. And if Lovecraft wasn't such a messed up weirdo (Seriously, this is the guy who apocryphally had to periodically be reminded that his anti-Semitic rants weren't okay by his jewish wife.) he probably would have focused more on that. As it is was the guy had a huge rage boner against minorities so that took center stage.

Also, Shub-Niggurath (Yes, seriously. That's it's name.) says hi to your lack of sexual peril. It's literally a hosed up and altogether nightmarish depiction of a whole bunch of different fertility gods. Basically a demonization of pagan gods mixed with an inferred demonization of the act of procreation itself. Though, again, because Lovecraft was a tremendous weirdo he just kinda skipped over the squicky details whenever it came up in text.

neaden posted:

The problem with this in a group game is it basically makes the Tremere character the star. They are the most powerful and the plot revolves around them? Not really going to disencentivize a lot of players.

Back then, no one said that was the case. The point of it was that if there's a Tremere around they had better all be ready for extra trouble to come at them on top of what they're going to get by default since Tremere have a pretty notable history of being assholes of one variety or another.

Keep in mind that other clans have plenty of opportunities for the same thing to happen. Gangrel have to worry about pissing off werewolves given their preferred haunts, Nosferatu have to worry about the Nictuku or clan prejudice, Giovanni have to worry about angry Cappadocian remnants or literally anyone ever that died or was hurt by them, etc, etc. It's just potential for more consequences to come up.

Edit: Also, I should point out that i'm not saying that a game book talking about chaining up ten year old naked girls to die of exposure and starvation is okay. It's very much not okay. I'm just pointing out that there's some really awful poo poo in the history of Lovecraftian literature and it didn't just come out of nowhere. Also, that using that ritual in any sort of sane setting ought to mark you for death by anyone decent in it since holy poo poo you just chained up a ten year old girl and brutally murdered her.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 20, 2019

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Archonex posted:

I feel like this bit of magic should technically be offset by everyone wanting to loving murder you for doing it.

Like another poster said way back in the thread. You want to be a Tremere? The GM's response should be to let them be a Tremere. Then have the karma come hard and fast.

Also, given that Innsmouth is a thing that's only slightly worse than what some depictions of the place have been like in HP Lovecraft's mythos. Dude was a skeevy turbo-bigot if you go back to read about him.

Carcosa isn't really Innsmouth. It features beings of the Cthulhu Mythos and monsters based on them. The setting is on a planet called Carcosa with various smallish village-tribes that feud and squabble over resources (including sacrificial victims for their tribal Sorcerers). So there's no "everyone hates you and wants you dead." They'll hate you for sacrificing some of their children, but they're totally fine with you sacrificing the children of their mortal enemies - the village fifteen miles up the road. And hell, bribe whatever rear end in a top hat despot is in charge at the time with some loot and he'll let you grab a few folks with no problem. Much like Basic D&D there are three Alignments of Lawful, Neutral and Chaotic that essentially break down to Opposed to the Great Old Ones, Don't Care, Support the Great Old Ones. Theoretically one could play a Lawful Sorcerer who specializes in Banishments (which generally don't require the horrible deaths of sentient beings), but the large majority of Sorcerer rituals involve Summoning, Imprisoning, Torturing and then Binding/Enslaving fuckoff powerful monster things. And that stuff absolutely requires various people, very much including naked children, to be killed in horrible ways.

The overall tone of the book isn't exactly even horror. It's more Weird Pulp Fantasy. Imagine a situation where Conan and Thulsa Doom decided to team up to go raping, pillaging and child-sacrificing together across Hyborea. That's Carcosa. It's basically Planet Chaotic Evil.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 20, 2019

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
well that's a fascinating development in the field of Thanks! I Hate It.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Everyone posted:

The overall tone of the book isn't exactly even horror. It's more Weird Pulp Fantasy. Imagine a situation where Conan and Thulsa Doom decided to team up to go raping, pillaging and child-sacrificing together across Hyborea. That's Carcosa. It's basically Planet Chaotic Evil.

Yeah okay gently caress that. Who would even think that'd be a good premise for a game?

Archonex fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 20, 2019

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Everyone posted:

I don't think there's much to say about a game like Carcosa that kill puppies for satan hasn't already said.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

‘Sexual peril’ in this context means ‘rape or the threat of rape,’ dude. And that’s not something HPL dwells on, because he’s much more interested in making readers afraid of consensual sex with monsters.

Making deep ones also rapists is a common change that makes Lovecraft even grosser.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

If anyone is interested enough in Carcosa to want to stare at a wound the game got a write-up way back in the first iteration of Fatal and Friends so it's up on the Inkless Pen Archive. Spoiler: It's awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Rand Brittain posted:

The best (and possibly only good) source of more information would be the Revised Followers of Set book.

For me the Setites have always been similar to the Shadows from Babylon V.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbckvO7VYxk