Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

bring back old gbs posted:

ooohhh.....bonus points for the first name, really loving that one . , but..we're gonna have to give you 15 years for the last name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

:bernpop:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dolphin posted:

really the concept of prison doesn't actually make any sense

its a way to create a labour force that can compete with china w/r/t wages, but keeps intellectual property in-country

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Dolphin posted:

rehabilitation.

like in Idiocracy

that's just prison with therapists though, which would be an improvement but i don't see how you're going to get away from the "locking up unrepentant dangerous people" concept

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i learned nothing from the debate except that the debate format is extremely stupid and i hate our politicians for even considering it

good thing ig et to hear awesome commentary like "who had the most speaking time?" on npr while im showering and doing my daily enema

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

______/
woah big nut spotted

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Trumps impeachment is the new Schrodinger's Cat

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flavius Aetass posted:

that's just prison with therapists though, which would be an improvement but i don't see how you're going to get away from the "locking up unrepentant dangerous people" concept
no like with monster trucks and flamethrowers and stuff

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

ken "what if reddit was a person" bone

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

UFOTacoMan posted:

idgi
is this the symbol for Goatsealcoatl

I was learning the ancient Mayan writing system and misspelling trump's name in it

I was going to make some artwork in the style of an ancient Mayan stele, but now that I'm thinking about it some more I'm not sure how to go about it in a way that would be culturally appropriating and disrespectful of the Mayan people so :shrug:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol Trump is turning into a corncob

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lmao who gives a poo poo if he's "officially" impeached, except the fat gently caress himself apparently, who clearly gives a poo poo so big it would take fifteen hundred flushes to clear

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
like, i tend to have a pretty positive humanistic view of people, but i know people personally who would absolutely take advantage of a system where you basically got away with crimes for saying sorry and you're better now

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ASenileAnimal posted:

ken "what if reddit was a person" bone

The best Ken Bone story had to be how he said he didn't see anything wrong with looking at The Fappening pics.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/physorg_com/status/1208054456169963526?s=20
Better spend more on the war on terror

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Dolphin posted:

no like with monster trucks and flamethrowers and stuff

oh right, yeah

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

user loses freedom privileges for 100,000 hours

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there was a vote and everything

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/naynose/status/1208060492435996673

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Schmeichy posted:

it has literally been part of my job to know this, but I'm still fuzzy on whether DO's are good

baw posted:

yeah osteopaths can be great but iirc it's confusing in the US because there are real ones and fake ones

yeah there are some DO mds that are really into the teaching and think that they can cure your ailments with a healing touch. there are others that integrate their DO teaching as a stepping stone into a holistic, western medical approach. so a good DO will look at bone/ligament therapy for some common aches and pains, and then maybe PT for more advanced cases that shouldn't involve an invasive procedure. (relying on prescribing pain meds for all aches and troubles is dangerous and sadly common.)

I'd say a safe way to check for a good DO is to see if they're affiliated with a local hospital or are part of a clinic that isn't 100% all DO mds.

i have a close family member that's a DO so I have some familiarity on this

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

euphronius posted:

if the oceans die and stop producing oxygen well lol

I guess the Forest fires will go out

The hyper toxic algae blooms will produce plenty of oxygen

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

twoday posted:

I was learning the ancient Mayan writing system and misspelling trump's name in it

I was going to make some artwork in the style of an ancient Mayan stele, but now that I'm thinking about it some more I'm not sure how to go about it in a way that would be culturally appropriating and disrespectful of the Mayan people so :shrug:

I hear some of them were no angles

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Flavius Aetass posted:

like, i tend to have a pretty positive humanistic view of people, but i know people personally who would absolutely take advantage of a system where you basically got away with crimes for saying sorry and you're better now

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flavius Aetass posted:

what if instead of prison you had to go to a nursing home 20 hours a week to make conversation with elderly people

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Buh?

https://i.imgur.com/WU21Oza.gifv

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lol at the president going full laws arent real sovereign citizen

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ms13 isn't inoperable, you just have to jiggle the handle a little bit

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

yeah but meemaw and pep pep are scared of mooslems so we have to war on terror forever

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BardoTheConsumer posted:

The hyper toxic algae blooms will produce plenty of oxygen

oh that’s good
was getting worried for a moment

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Flavius Aetass posted:

just look at rich people

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Flavius Aetass posted:

like, i tend to have a pretty positive humanistic view of people

hosed up if true

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

That Works posted:

I'm all good now. There was no DO available on my insurance at the time (this was about 10 yrs ago, was playing in a soccer tournament then started having bad muscle spasms). Took about 2 yrs to get back to normal, only bothers me now and then if I do someting stupid or slack off on exercising.

Also I have a good MD for my primary care phys now that actually listens so I'm pretty content with that relationship for now.

sounds good, friend :hfive:

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Schmeichy posted:

just look at rich people

the rich are not people

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

ms13 isn't inoperable, you just have to jiggle the handle a little bit

👏 better 👏 street 👏 gang 👏 interoperability 👏

garbage pundit
Apr 10, 2008

We're on our way home now, duckie!

I get all my news from the NYT changed headlines bot. It works out pretty well.

https://twitter.com/nyt_diff/status/1208006111384801280?s=20

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

neutral milf hotel posted:

yeah there are some DO mds that are really into the teaching and think that they can cure your ailments with a healing touch. there are others that integrate their DO teaching as a stepping stone into a holistic, western medical approach. so a good DO will look at bone/ligament therapy for some common aches and pains, and then maybe PT for more advanced cases that shouldn't involve an invasive procedure. (relying on prescribing pain meds for all aches and troubles is dangerous and sadly common.)

I'd say a safe way to check for a good DO is to see if they're affiliated with a local hospital or are part of a clinic that isn't 100% all DO mds.

i have a close family member that's a DO so I have some familiarity on this

thanks to you and the other guy who posted the wikipedia article

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Dolphin posted:

what if instead of prison you had to go to a nursing home 20 hours a week to make conversation with elderly people

id make sure my crime was bad enough to land me the death penalty instead

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
https://twitter.com/Joshua4Congress/status/1207854382198353921?s=19

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dolphin posted:

I know you're joking but how would that be enforced?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

this guy is currently running unopposed :getin: