Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Pardot posted:

is this in podcast form anywhere if you know?

yeah I listened to it that way, it’s on the Jacobin Radio podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Corky Romanovsky posted:

I believe matey hit 99,999 posts in the thread, and then we heard no more from matey. People were in a panic, as matey did nothing wrong. The people demanded matey be freed from whatever conditions were restricting his dancing dog avatar. In solidarity, they posted "free matey".

free matey

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

mycomancy posted:

I got fired a month after my second child was born. Because this was incredibly unexpected, my family of four applied for SNAP and every other benefit for which we were eligible.

I have a PhD, my wife has a BS, and it took us HOURS to figure out the paperwork, and it was incredibly laborious even though there was a massive paper trail that I was terminated with no cause.

These loving shitlibs "help" people by setting up a drowning pool of paperwork, and if two highly educated people have difficulty navigating that storm of paper then what is happening with poor folk WITHOUT a combined 15 years of higher education?

What I'm saying is 1) liberals can burn in hell, 2) Bernie!

ok i'm glad it isn't only me. i've been on Medi-Cal and CalFresh (aka medicare for poors and food stamps, but in california) for a couple years and once it's set up it's been relatively smooth but the setup process was intensely emotionally and mentally draining. I thought it was just me being a fuckup who gets deer-in-headlights about bureaucracy. If I didn't have the county HHS office relatively accessible to me, and tried to do it by mail, I would have failed, without a doubt.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

its nearly impossible to figure out on purpose because the fewer people manage to jump through all the hoops the less money you have to spend

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i will say that at least in my county the line workers at the HHS office were great and clearly gave a poo poo about helping people. the problem is the rich people who administrate and legislate this poo poo

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

and if make any mistakes on the paperwork (or if the offices make mistakes themselves) they've started trying to claw back old benefits. https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/oct/15/zombie-debt-benefits-overpayment-poverty

Calling it debt, but carving out exceptions for any debt collection regulations since it's "government debt"

Gotta bern it all down and build something humane

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

I applied for MediCal but by the time they finally responded to me over two months later I'd already found a job with full benefits. Now they won't stop sending me forms for the insurance I told them I no longer need.

Edit: when I applied for SNAP several years ago they took three months to approve me but they did backdate my benefits to my application date, at least.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Something Else posted:

yeah I listened to it that way, it’s on the Jacobin Radio podcast

aw dang I didn't know about this, thanks

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

preach.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Flutch posted:

this loving owns lmao yessss

https://twitter.com/JoseCastilloJr/status/1207887657994469377

BERNIE VS TRUMP
BECAUSE WE'RE IN A CLASS WAR
*room goes silent*
THAT'S WHAT IT IS

just like bern-man during the debate

---UmMmm excuse me bernie this is about race...
*HUGE APPLAUSE*
bernie - P E O P L E O F C O L O R
*audience immediately silent*
bernie - (spits facts)

love that poo poo!
stopped by the local bernie hq today, got a bunch of free signs stickers etc etc. feelin pumped up. also my dad texted me that he is feeling the bern - he raised me on bill o'reilly. we're gonna win.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
A Warren die-hard on my FB posted during the debate: "Bernie is giving us the blueprint. We just need to follow it."

It's happening. They're bending the knee.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

OMGVBFLOL posted:

ok i'm glad it isn't only me. i've been on Medi-Cal and CalFresh (aka medicare for poors and food stamps, but in california) for a couple years and once it's set up it's been relatively smooth but the setup process was intensely emotionally and mentally draining. I thought it was just me being a fuckup who gets deer-in-headlights about bureaucracy. If I didn't have the county HHS office relatively accessible to me, and tried to do it by mail, I would have failed, without a doubt.

Yeah buddy it's not just you. While before this life event I was always very sympathetic to the plight of the lower class and the impoverished, when we were filling these forms out I remember turning to my wife and saying, "I'm a loving DOCTOR and these forms barely make sense to me. How could someone with a high school education fill these out? This is bullshit!"

I think Bernie should hit this point and hit it hard.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
bernie is going to win

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Finicums Wake posted:

bernie is going to win

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Finicums Wake posted:

bernie is going to win

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/eaterla/status/1208079639761043457?s=19

quote:

Presidential Candidate Bernie Sanders ate at Westchester’s Ayara Thai on Thursday night. Senator Sanders was in town to participate in the Democratic Debate at Loyola Marymount University in Playa Vista. Sanders chose tom yum and pad Thai as a post-debate meal, and posed with staff members for pictures. “Bernie could have eaten anywhere but chose to support a local small business — an immigrant family-owned and operated restaurant to be exact,” says owner/chef Vanda Asapahu. “Many candidates say that small businesses are the backbone of America, happy to report that Bernie does not just talk the talk, he definitely walks the walk.”

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

the people's candidate

Flutch
Jun 26, 2008

Finicums Wake posted:

bernie is going to win

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
If they did "no landlines" polls, Bernie would be so far ahead of the pack that pundits would be saying the primary was effectively over.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
imagine how much of a piece of poo poo you have to be to think that bernie is bad

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

If they did "no landlines" polls, Bernie would be so far ahead of the pack that pundits would be saying the primary was effectively over.

thats why they dont do them

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

cats.gif but Class War! Class War! Class War!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

https://twitter.com/eldon_katz/status/1207572185537273856

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

I knew Bernie understood the average American when I was driving him and his crew from Paradise to SF and we stopped to buy some pants at Ross and hit Black Bear Diner for lunch.

He is us.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Wicked Them Beats posted:

I knew Bernie understood the average American when I was driving him and his crew from Paradise to SF and we stopped to buy some pants at Ross and hit Black Bear Diner for lunch.

He is us.

what

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/the_vello/status/1208105498819645440

Good job donating goons, I have confirmation that the SA thread was responsible for 69% of this.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

WampaLord posted:

Good job donating goons, I have confirmation that the SA thread was responsible for 69% of this.

I can confirm that I gave him $27 yesterday so that checks out.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Fleetwood posted:

free matey

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

WampaLord posted:

It's actually all Bernie or bust ers terrified for their :10bux:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Bernie will nationalize c spam!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Crazypoops posted:

*Bernie points at jumbled mess of radium code*

"Nationalized"

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

*Bernie points at jumbled mess of radium code*

"gently caress, sorry guys I'm going to have to skip this promise and do something easier like reform medical care."

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Crazypoops posted:

I'm ok with this. As long as he nationalizes everything else also.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

As long as Bernie doesn't nationalize SPAM, I'm cool.

This revolution doesn't need mystery meat from a can.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Louisgod posted:

imagine how much of a piece of poo poo you have to be to think that bernie is bad

But... Bernie IS bad.

He's bad for the billionaire & millionaire class. He's also bad for the military industrial complex, the health insurance industry and all those fuckers who think Palestine should remain an open air prison.

This makes him good for almost everyone else.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

As long as Bernie doesn't nationalize SPAM, I'm cool.

This revolution doesn't need mystery meat from a can.

I watched many nature documentaries including Planet Earth and Planet Earth II and I have yet to see a herd/flock of SPAM.
Amazing how elusive they can be.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bernie sanders

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Addamere posted:

bernie sanders

what? say that again a little louder

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009