Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrath of Mordark
Jul 25, 2006

Foster liked his brand new wand!
Fun Shoe

While I've found that specific piece of music ("Peaks of Atlas" by Omri Lahav), I've heard that particular flurry of notes (and instrumentation) at the beginning in a number of things. Anyone here know where it's from?

edit: I've even heard in in WoW in some zone or other.

Wrath of Mordark fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

not the right answer but time team's music. no answer at all, in fact

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Bape Culture posted:

Anyone watching master chef this year? Surreal that a mate is gonna win it

He did a loving amazing job and lol that he just made a Posh Balti for one of his final dishes

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Wrath of Mordark posted:

While I've found that specific piece of music ("Peaks of Atlas" by Omri Lahav), I've heard that particular flurry of notes (and instrumentation) at the beginning in a number of things. Anyone here know where it's from?

edit: I've even heard in in WoW in some zone or other.

It's in one of the pieces that plays in Dun Morough/Arathi Highlands https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2SZuqyjKtA&t=186s

I also heard it in 2000s Battlestar Galactica but that'd be a lot harder to find :psylon:

I too was disappointed with so little Cunk. The other humans aren't so funny imo

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

a lovely king posted:

Oh no way. Did you get on set much? I worked on it too as an AD, only on a daily basis though. Did some time on that roof set too.

Yeah, quite a lot, it was unavoidable. I spent about a week in that loving warehouse in Cheshunt, but a particular lowlight was not having the money to block-book the action vehicles, so I had to do that blue batternberg wrap on every police car every. single. time. they. were. on. camera. usually in about -10 degree weather on the streets of soho with various passing idiots making comment.

I never got to see the rooftop set in person! Not sure why - probably because Ealing from CSM is a nightmare trip. Was it the very end of the shoot? I left a week early to go onto something else so that might have something to do with it?

I wonder if you were one of the many ADs I was harassing for cast photos :/

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Bape Culture posted:

Anyone watching master chef this year? Surreal that a mate is gonna win it

Wait, the professionals?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Taear posted:

Wait, the professionals?

Aye. And he won. What a boy

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Christmas TV's pretty shite eh?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Bape Culture posted:

Aye. And he won. What a boy

Nice one!
One of the few shows I watched was the Masterchef Professionals.
To be honest, didn't think he had a chance in the earlier rounds

crispix posted:

Christmas TV's pretty shite eh?

Remember when it was brilliant when we only had 4 channels.
Now with 200 its loving poo poo.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Is it just the usual celebrity specials that have lost all meaning now half the gameshows year round are celebrity 'specials' and vaguely christmas themed sitcoms?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It was never good.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Christmas TV is shite because 90% of TV is shite and the other 10% is longform multi-season shows which can't/won't crank out a lazy one-off "special" episode just because ITV2's got 45 minutes (minus adverts) to fill at 4pm on Boxing Day

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
And movie terrestrial premiers are limp nothings these days.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
It was good in the early 80's.
When video recorders were still luxury items.
It was amazing for me as a kid as they would save up Star Wars for Christmas viewing (also Easter).
Different era.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Snowman on Christmas Eve obviously?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So there's really nothing even half decent on?

We're starting to run out of new stuff from the top lists of Christmas films and TV.

It's either gone have to be repeats soon or we just don't watch anything Christmassy at all.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
At least we still have a Doctor Who Christmas special!

I'M SORRY, WHAT?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

A Christmas Carol looks like it's going to be quite good, starting tonight on BBC1.

It already aired on FX in the USA and got a pretty good reception.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I really dislike Guy Pearce’s ratty features which are still too young for these old man parts he keeps getting cast in.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I've not seen HDM yet so guess I'll see who's into that. Suppose I'll watch Dracula but I'm going to be ready to walk away.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

I've not seen HDM yet so guess I'll see who's into that. Suppose I'll watch Dracula but I'm going to be ready to walk away.

The trailer looks awful. It's that weird BBC tongue in cheek epicness that's totally at odds with a Gothic novel.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did the world really need another one of any of those?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I saw a trailer for it at the cinema which leads with "from the creator(s?) of Sherlock" and I checked out there.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
You could always catch up with the War Of The Worlds that is on iPlayer right now, particularly if you want to watch a version where "left wing and right wing views are bad and will get you killed, it's important to be a sensible centrist" isn't the subtext, it's the literal text

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

happyhippy posted:

It was good in the early 80's.
When video recorders were still luxury items.
It was amazing for me as a kid as they would save up Star Wars for Christmas viewing (also Easter).
Different era.

Yea, I feel like that's the main reason Christmas was big TV wise - you got to see things you liked that you really had no other way of seeing. It's just absolutely not like that now.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie :cripes:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Taear posted:

Yea, I feel like that's the main reason Christmas was big TV wise - you got to see things you liked that you really had no other way of seeing. It's just absolutely not like that now.

You also had fewer options for doing stuff removed from the telly or going outside. Even if I got a games console for Christmas I wasn't going to get to play it on the one TV we had during peak TV hours. Now there's much less reason to stay in front of the TV once you start to feel homicidal towards the family.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Do any of you actually watch the queen's speech?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Nobody watches the queens speech

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

marktheando posted:

Nobody watches the queens speech

You’ll never get elected making statements like that

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the only Queen's speech worth watching would be two words long and in front of a wall

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I do sometimes, just to see how they're spinning it.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
hehe she is a mad old bag isn't she. "Heeleeo ey am the queeeeeen" lol that's what she says :newlol:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I've genuinely never even met a person who watches the Queen's Speech
I wonder what the watching demographic is like?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
it's Tories, OP

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Taear posted:

I've genuinely never even met a person who watches the Queen's Speech
I wonder what the watching demographic is like?

Like dis op

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

The Snowman on Christmas Eve obviously?

Christmas Day on C4, followed by The Snowdog.

Also Channel 4 aren't doing an alternative Queen's Speech this year which says something about how much people care about it. They have Back to the Future on instead which is massively preferable.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Reporting this thread for high treason.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
The Snail and the Whale is on on Christmas Day :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Watched the first episode of Christmas Carol, it was decent enough that I’ll watch the next.