Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Nice piece of fish posted:

That's a loving parody. That is not real. No way.

Also I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Misery. Missouri?
Sir that is Congressman Billy Long who is PROUD to hail from real Missour-ah!

He is extremely real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Gobbeldygook posted:

Sir that is Congressman Billy Long who is PROUD to hail from real Missour-ah!

He is extremely real.

That fuckin owns

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

blarzgh posted:

That fuckin owns

that was Laura Loomer he was drowning out, right?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Yep.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
on the one hand Billy Long is a corrupt piece of poo poo, on the other bad things happening to Laura Loomer is objectively good and funny

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
I had no idea who Laura Loomer was until five minutes ago.

How I long for those more innocent times.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ActusRhesus posted:

I had no idea who Laura Loomer was until five minutes ago.

How I long for those more innocent times.

You aren’t very online anymore, so it makes sense. Then again, neither is she.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
Filed my first entry of appearance for a knucklehead relative who got a DUI. :feelsgood:

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Toona the Cat posted:

Filed my first entry of appearance for a knucklehead relative who got a DUI. :feelsgood:

Repping a family member on a DUI? OOOOOO Noooooooo

You gonna rep your brother on a domestic abuse with a pending divorce and custody battle next year?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Pook Good Mook posted:

Repping a family member on a DUI? OOOOOO Noooooooo

You gonna rep your brother on a domestic abuse with a pending divorce and custody battle next year?

He''ll be conflicted out because of his relationship with the other party, no doubt.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Toona the Cat posted:

ahaahahaahha

Oh Toona will you ever make a good decision

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Toona the Cat posted:

Do you know anything about how to... actually, nevermind. Just provide updates.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

sullat posted:

He''ll be conflicted out because of his relationship with the other party, no doubt.

God drat I laughed so hard

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Toona...no...

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Toona the Cat posted:

You dumb motherfucker.

E:

sullat posted:

:golfclap:

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Toona the Cat posted:

Dumbass. The only legal help I give friends/family is either making traffic tickets that smell like racial profiling go away or “this guy is a good lawyer. Call them. Also shut up until you talk to a lawyer.” If I like them I’ll give the lawyer a heads up to expect the call. Trust me. No good will come of this.

sullat posted:

Holy poo poo, man. Amazing.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
Its just ARD. I did literally dozens when I was at the PD.

sullat posted:

:pwn:

Toona the Cat fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 21, 2019

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
This is a great opportunity for a law thread let’s play

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.

Vox Nihili posted:

Do you know anything about how to... actually, nevermind. Just provide updates.

To be fair, what does knowing anything have to do with representing a client?

I mean, sure, knowing things is handy in a pinch but let's not delude ourselves into thinking it's a prerequisite to having a bar card.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Friend of mine was just telling me about how in Germany law school is 5 years, then to actually practice law you need 2 years of work experience at firm, company or government agency and only then you can take the bar exam.

And if you fail more than twice you gotta re so law school.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Toona the Cat posted:

The only explanation left is that this is a benevolent trickster spirit that exists just to bring joy to this thread but also make us realize how dead we are inside for finding this funny.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

sullat posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Friend of mine was just telling me about how in Germany law school is 5 years, then to actually practice law you need 2 years of work experience at firm, company or government agency and only then you can take the bar exam.

And if you fail more than twice you gotta re so law school.

Yeah? Same for Norway pretty much. Only it's 2 years of work experience at law, which means either you study under an advocate (not in house, an actual firm) or a prosecutor, practice as an associate judge or as an exception you can qualify if you are getting phd. And you need a number of actual appearances in court solo (you get a sort of conditional license for this, a learner's permit if you will). And pass the bar exam. Though if you fail you get to try again.

They are changing it so you need 3 years and then another 6 months of university.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
The Chris “long dick of the law” Hook hearing recording is now online!

“The fact that he is not here is troubling.”
“Oh, I’m not troubled at all.”

echopapa fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 21, 2019

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

echopapa posted:

Lol does he actually say around 4m “oh, I am so pissed...”

E. The “resign, bitch” moment is so much better than I imagined

Phil Moscowitz fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 21, 2019

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I felt slightly nauseous listening to this. I cannot imagine the feeling in that room when, several minutes into being poo poo on by the presiding judge, he decides to stand up and announce himself when it's clear he's going to get summonsed back anyways. Incredible

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Did he say “i need a shot” at the end?

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Mr. Nice! posted:

Did he say “i need a shot” at the end?

That’s what I heard. Also getting called “slick” is way worse than being called son or champ or whatever

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

echopapa posted:

oh my god every single second of this is amazing

i can't even pick my favorite part but i keep cackling at the judge being personally offended that this idiot was dumb enough to put everything in writing, so much so that he mentions it twice

edit: perhaps the "that it? we're out of here! you! leave first!"

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 21, 2019

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

actually i think my favorite part is the long part where the judge goes over everything he put in his opposition and dares him to try and argue those points to his face

"this is going to be good. you're going to enjoy how this comes out."

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 21, 2019

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Here’s a funny article of British people not understanding Hook’s insults

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7803949/amp/California-judge-demands-lawyer-QUITS-job-sent-100-threatening-emails.html

quote:

Hook referred to lawyers as '306 million gay boys' in emails and told them to 'eat a bowl of d***s'.

The lawyer also called the lawyers 'limp d**k mother f****rs' and told them that they needed to pay up once the ask got higher and even referred to the insurance company as having a 'long d**k.'

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

echopapa posted:

You are a hero.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

echopapa posted:

gently caress I need to listen to this when I get off my plane.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

echopapa posted:

Holy poo poo, everyone listen to this. The transcript can only tell you so much of how much the judge murdered this dude.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Okay listened to it.

Holy. Fuckin'. poo poo.

The balls of the guy to just sit there and wait until the judge is clearly going to issue the show cause before coming forward. It's just a loving slaughter from that point on.

Just hearing how pissed the judge was is terrifying.

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.

Eminent Domain posted:

The balls of the guy to just sit there and wait until the judge is clearly going to issue the show cause before coming forward.

I find that choice so perplexing. Just sitting in the courtroom pretending the case hasn't been called like you're a surprise witness? I mean, clearly this person isn't the most tactical thinker, but still...

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Law Megathread: 306 million gay boys

Edit: hey echopapa is that your real name on the drop box and would you like to edit it out somehow

SuperKlaus fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 22, 2019

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

evilweasel posted:

oh my god every single second of this is amazing

i can't even pick my favorite part but i keep cackling at the judge being personally offended that this idiot was dumb enough to put everything in writing, so much so that he mentions it twice

edit: perhaps the "that it? we're out of here! you! leave first!"

God loving damnit holy poo poo it's an evisceration. That guy is loving done like a christmas turkey done.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

SuperKlaus posted:

Edit: hey echopapa is that your real name on the drop box and would you like to edit it out somehow

It isn’t my name. Some Twitter guy found and uploaded this.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Judge: I was a marine and a cop, of course I’ve called people cocksucking motherfucker cumstains...but not in writing! Come on man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Judge: I was a marine and a cop, of course I’ve called people cocksucking motherfucker cumstains...but not in writing! Come on man

That was the part that made me laugh the most. The judge wasn't as much pissed at him about his dumbshit tactics, but rather that he sent it in an email. Judge has been through too many texas style depos.