Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bust Rodd posted:

Trying to play Give Me God of War out of the box will make you hate the game, it’s not balanced around that. Hard is excellent.

Really the only stumbling block on Hard is the beginning, once you get your first health upgrade and start getting armor and runic attacks Hard is not even much different from Normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Just loaded Control to try out expeditions and apparently the game deleted my guns

Edit: ok nm. It just unequipped everything, guns + mods + personal mods. Freaked me out!

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 21, 2019

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Donovan Trip posted:

Just loaded Control to try out expeditions and apparently the game deleted my guns

goddamn liberals! :argh:

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

BisterdDave posted:

*Looks over at the shelf with Sekiro, Days Gone, MediEvil, and Man of Medan*

I kinda want to pick up Call of Duty from this sale

Don't play anything else until you at least try Sekiro and see if it's your jam

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

owl_pellet posted:

Don't play anything else until you at least try Sekiro and see if it's your jam

I've been playing it, and despite the fact that it's stressful as gently caress, I am enjoying it. The thing is, I have to be in the right mood to want to play it. Anytime I think about playing it, I think "am I in the mood to get pissed off?".

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

BisterdDave posted:

I've been playing it, and despite the fact that it's stressful as gently caress, I am enjoying it. The thing is, I have to be in the right mood to want to play it. Anytime I think about playing it, I think "am I in the mood to get pissed off?".

Calm yourself, breathe, focus, feel the blood in your fingertips and know that you are the most badass ninja of all time.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Calm yourself, breathe, focus, feel the blood in your fingertips and know that you are the most badass ninja of all time.

Ryu hayabusa is not the star of sekiro

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

this is me but posting

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Real hurthling! posted:

Ryu hayabusa is not the star of sekiro

agreed ryu hayabusa lives in a cardboard box on fart street

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Apropos of recent pages, reminding everyone of the best video game music track of 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVAgd9dbYIs

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Doctor Zero posted:

goddamn liberals! :argh:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Someone explain to me why Wattam is good. I'm 20 minutes in and I hate it.

Does it somehow gain substance and its controls stop being garbage?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think thats the game

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Doctor Zero posted:

Geez man took like 3 seconds of googling. I don’t even own the game

You’ll freeze to death before you reach the first marker!

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Holiday sale is 10000x better than the couple previous ones and I think I'm going in boys

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Apropos of recent pages, reminding everyone of the best video game music track of 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVAgd9dbYIs

gently caress yes it is

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

kratos punching stuff is a ton of fun but some enemies specifically need a good axing in the face. there's some decent variety actually between how you should approach enemies based on what they're weak to.

i think i like sekiro combat more than god of war but i don't think i've ever played a game that does a good job of lending heft to all of the attacks than god of war does.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Best costume is 1000% Threshold Diver

This is the costume I use. It just make too much sense for my character.

----

Is okay to like videogames

https://twitter.com/Ninja/status/1208221493064323073

Metal Gear Survival was fun

Fallout 76 was fun

No Man Sky was fun

Stadia works and have no lag

People in 2020 works has "the fun police" and attack other people for liking games

Tei fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Dec 21, 2019

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I just picked up Days gone does it get any better after this immediate first bike chase mission you're thrown into?

I dunno if it's because of how far it is in it's download (it's passed the payable status) but it's just so incredibly janky,

The controls are a bit poo poo making it hard to chase the guy, there's loving pop-in on things like bridges on the route which then block your way. In fact i quit after attempt 3 because the bridge popped in and trapped my NPC companion between it and a tree meaning i couldn't finish the mission because i wasn't allowed to get too far away from him when chasing the other guy.

Then between each of these is a stupidly long loading time of about 30-40 seconds.

The first loving thing you do in a game shouldn't be this frustrating.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Kin posted:

I just picked up Days gone does it get any better after this immediate first bike chase mission you're thrown into?

I dunno if it's because of how far it is in it's download (it's passed the payable status) but it's just so incredibly janky,

The controls are a bit poo poo making it hard to chase the guy, there's loving pop-in on things like bridges on the route which then block your way. In fact i quit after attempt 3 because the bridge popped in and trapped my NPC companion between it and a tree meaning i couldn't finish the mission because i wasn't allowed to get too far away from him when chasing the other guy.

Then between each of these is a stupidly long loading time of about 30-40 seconds.

Hello this is Doctor PlayStation Plus reporting in, perhaps you have a dust or cockroach inside your PS4

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There's some weird jank at the beginning of the game but I rarely ran into much more after that in the 50 hours or so I played it. Everything about the opening kind of sucks tbh but it's a fun game. it gets better once it lets you go off and do your thing.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have heard horror stories. I have a launch PS4 and I am wondering what has taken up residence in there over the years.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kin posted:

I'll admit I have a Pro but none of that happened to me.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Sakurazuka posted:

I'll admit I have a Pro but none of that happened to me.

I've got a Pro too. I'm chalking it up to it still downloading the game (though i'm not sure why that would impact things and i'll give it another go once it's fully down instead of partial.

I've not had any problems with any other games, but this intro is just shite so far.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've started playing Fallen Order and honestly I like it a lot better so far than the last few movies I have seen, at least from a character and story perspective. It endeared itself to me quickly, which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for 1-2-3 or 7-8. I'll watch 9 tomorrow but it doesn't sound like I should expect any better then this game in that regard.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Dec 21, 2019

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Tei posted:

This is the costume I use. It just make too much sense for my character.

----

Is okay to like videogames

Metal Gear Survival was fun

Fallout 76 was fun

No Man Sky was fun

Stadia works and have no lag

People in 2020 works has "the fun police" and attack other people for liking games

Please don’t post Ninja, he’s like a weird Volcel who won’t work with women in the industry or stream with them because he doesn’t want his fans to “get the wrong idea”

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I got Erica and Dragon's Crown Pro. They sure like huge boobs at Dragon's Crown, after that, combat is fantastic and you can chain combos like it's an airdasher fighting game. Gonna leave Erica till I can play it with my wife since it's the kinda game she likes (Until Dawn and Detroit).

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
The official PS blogs are doing the game of the decade thing and I voted Bloodborne because its the only real answer.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

WaltherFeng posted:

The official PS blogs are doing the game of the decade thing and I voted Bloodborne because its the only real answer.

Thank you for your service

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WaltherFeng posted:

:hai:

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Donovan Trip posted:

Edit: ok nm. It just unequipped everything, guns + mods + personal mods. Freaked me out!

This happened to me as well.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Replaying Control, I have basically skipped every available side mission besides Bureau Alerts to beeline to the Benekov TV. Now that I’ve unlocked Levitation, is there anywhere I can’t really go? I’ve got lvl 6 clearance and can fly, so this should be the ideal time to do sidequests and farm Hidden rooms right?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If you do the mold area right after getting level 6 clearance you'll basically have access to every room in the game.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

If you do the mold area right after getting level 6 clearance you'll basically have access to every room in the game.

Awesome, my Saturday is planned!

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
the voice acting in Days Gone is quite something, so much of it is just mumbled and the mixing is really bad.
Glad im ignoring the story because I cant hear most of it

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Anyone still on the fence about Control- I have a launch PS4 and it runs wonderfully now.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Donovan Trip posted:

Anyone still on the fence about Control- I have a launch PS4 and it runs wonderfully now.

You don't get slowdown sometimes during fights? I do.

Bust Rodd posted:

Please don’t post Ninja, he’s like a weird Volcel who won’t work with women in the industry or stream with them because he doesn’t want his fans to “get the wrong idea”

Volcel? Isn't he married? Not that those things have to be mutually exclusive. I suppose he could be like a younger Mike Pence. A halfpence.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Lobok posted:

You don't get slowdown sometimes during fights? I do.

Maybe every once in a while. It's barely noticeable but I'm coming from a frame of reference where at launch I found the game to be unplayable. It's not any worse than the average PS4 game for sure.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Lobok posted:

Volcel? Isn't he married? Not that those things have to be mutually exclusive. I suppose he could be like a younger Mike Pence. A halfpence.

Ok if Ninja is married and still refuses to stream with women that’s like 1,000x weirder and grosser and yeah honestly a lot like Mike Pence.

Original Story

Followup in which he doubles down

And you’re right he is married, lol, wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think it was a lie cause he thought his boy audience didnt want to see it