Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Edge & Christian posted:

The timeline seems to be (and someone who knows more than I do, please fill in the gaps):

2002-2004: DeMott is used as a coach on Tough Enough seasons 3 & 4

2004-2006: DeMott is installed as the head trainer/booker of Deep South Wrestling

[doesn't work for WWE or any of their developmental companies]

2011-2015: DeMott is hired as the FCW/NXT head trainer, is released when the floodgates of abuse stories come out

Doing a cursory search, it seems like public allegations really weren't made until early 2015, and DeMott was out within a couple of months after some initial lovely hemming and hawing.

Of course, the person who broke the floodgates was Luchasaurus, who apparently filed a formal complaint in 2013 which ultimately led to him leaving developmental, not DeMott. So there's definitely a year or two where they knew what was going on and politely ignored it, or did half-measures like the cameras mentioned above.

Some of the people talking about DeMott's abuse were absolutely talking about things that happened back in DSW before HHH picked him as the NXT coach, but as best as I can tell all of the people who did this on the record only talked about events from 2004-2006 years later, circa 2015.

I was not and am not a wrestling insider so maybe it was an open secret that he was super lovely to Kenny Omega and others back in the mid-2000s. If I am reading this wrong please let me know.

But I feel like it's plausible that HHH thought he was getting an Old School Tough Love Drill Sergeant and not what DeMott actually was. Though this opens up various cans of worms of "what do you think the reality of old school training really was" and most importantly "there were people directly complaining to you from 2013-2015 and it took you extensive public shaming to finally get rid of him" so this is all very subtle gradiations of "how terrible was this".

This is incorrect. Accusations were made against Demott in 2012.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2012/12/9/3747940/head-wwe-trainer-bill-demott-twitter-attack-by-kevin-matthews

This led to an investigation where WWE found no wrongdoing.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2013/7/9/4509000/wwe-concludes-no-wrongdoing-in-internal-nxt-investigation-into-claims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Thank you.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thank you, that changes a lot.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

MassRafTer posted:

This is incorrect. Accusations were made against Demott in 2012.

This led to an investigation where WWE found no wrongdoing.

Another point for Vince

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

Goddammit.

JBL is a piece of poo poo bully and rapist.

HHH is worse because he is in control and has been a complete piece of poo poo for just about everything.

A toughy.

HHH. He's still there. In control. JBL is not. BUt make no mistake, JBL is a slime bag.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Burning Beard posted:

Goddammit.

JBL is a piece of poo poo bully and rapist.

HHH is worse because he is in control and has been a complete piece of poo poo for just about everything.

A toughy.

HHH. He's still there. In control. JBL is not. BUt make no mistake, JBL is a slime bag.

Anyone who's made it this far is a pissboi at minimum. Getting further means having bodies/blood on your hands.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]
Went with JBL because he just pisses me off way more on a personal level.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1208196850014195712

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I hate Eric and deserves to be in the second round but this is an easy vote for DeMott

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Son of a bitch I voted Eric by mistake.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

JBL makes me irrationally angry when he's on camera whereas I can actually listen to Paul and not want to punch my monitor. But HHH is both systemic and visceral abuse on a higher level. The booker thing, the blackface and then into the demott thing you get the feeling he thinks these are important facets of the business.

I mean that's the thing with Demott, was he's demonstrated as good at his job? Ever? I've seen interviews where people talk about other NXT figures, like Dusty and Matt Bloom, with respect or reverence. Demott gets nothing but scorn. It just gives me this feeling that from his position of power Paul thinks abusing people is an important part of the industry and he'll continue to do so whenever he gets the chance.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
This was harder than it should have been.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I think HHH has been worse than JBL, but if JBL had even a tenth of the pull Hunter has then he would be way worse.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Arrest HHH and put him in jail with DJ Khaled. :colbert:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
BTW, for the record...

https://twitter.com/BabyfacevHeel/status/1207680323603091458

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I feel like Eric's just kind of an idiot middle manager from hell, honestly. DeMott is a monster through and through

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

On one hand I do not think you can approve "Mexican Jumping Bean" and take all non-white workers off a show while declaring it "white night" and not be absolutely and totally reprehensible. We also face the issue that while Bischoff's shittiness to the wrestlers is public record he is absolutely the type of dude to be constantly looking over his shoulder once #MeToo started.

On the other hand Bill Demott.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This was a really good read, thanks Bix.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Time for a lawyer defending his clients vs a man with a rap sheet longer than anyone in the tournament.

https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1208432794424270848

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Usually I'd vote for the person doing the crimes in this tourney but Jerry has been defending and helping cover up and probably enabling a bunch of vile poo poo/behavior that I have to vote for him here

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wanted to publicly thumbs up this matchup being premeditated because bruiser killed a lawyer

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bruiser Bedlam blew up a church for horny people(strip club) and I will never forgive him for it.

I do have to ask why the strip club was attached to a police station tho.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

Bruiser Bedlam blew up a church for horny people(strip club) and I will never forgive him for it.

I do have to ask why the strip club was attached to a police station tho.

There's a strip club here that shares a wall with a (I think Protestant) Church. You go where the demand is, I guess.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So after Jim The Violent Alky Thug Neidhart abused an air stewardess, who then suid him. Jerry won the case and counter suited, forcing the stewardess into bankruptcy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1208566005682753537

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
This ones tough but I’m voting for Mel

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

Warrior was just an rear end in a top hat and a steroid freak. I mean, I know more about the dumbfuck then the average bear. But he never tried to gently caress kids. Just the public with poo poo like Warrior University. At least that poo poo was funny.

Mel, because what a scumbag. And not funny at all. gently caress that guy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We're reaching the point where you basically have to be a murderer or a rapist or both just to get through

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rarity posted:

We're reaching the point where you basically have to be a murderer or a rapist or both just to get through

Jerry McDevitt is going to get through a murderer!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

He's a lawyer of a scumbag billion dollar company that enables them to do scumbag things.
What's a tiny murder or two compared to that?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1208807156562223105

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Grizzly easily

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Couple more 2nd round match ups before we get to the insane "Sweet" 16.
https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1208910799277678593

Also it really says something about Grizzly Smith that there's accounts of Jim Barnett taking advantage of poor college students in two different university football programs (including basically stalking one and finding out where he lived to try to convince him to have sex with him for money) and he's going to get 3% of the vote.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 23, 2019

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Buck Zumhofe's reaction to meeting his daughter was unconscionable. Russo is such a broad-spectrum shithead that it's really hard to vote against him, but Zumhofe's...every description I can think of for his actions are probably too vile to repeat here...makes it easy.

Though man, Russo vs Warrior. Now THAT would have been a matchup.

MassRafTer posted:

Also it really says something about Grizzly Smith that there's accounts of Jim Barnett taking advantage of poor college students in two different university football programs (including basically stalking one and finding out where he lived to try to convince him to have sex with him for money) and he's going to get 3% of the vote.

I voted Grizzly Smith but I almost regret it. Barnett was a systematic abuser, at least Smith kept it to his own family...that we're aware of. But yeah, even upon further reflection Grizz still takes this one.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 23, 2019

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Yeah pretty much everyone left at this point is an unrepentant monster. Next round is gonna be tough.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MassRafTer posted:

OK, I don't remember THIS story...

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

ngl looking at the bracket im gonna vote HHH over benoit.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Systemic abuse over personal abuse is a valid viewpoint.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

OK, I don't remember THIS story...

One of the Georgia players, Barnett kept finding his number and telling him if he ever needed to earn some money just call him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1209177021173112833