Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

LifeSunDeath posted:

Are you making fun of cheese-wifu, cause if so I'll kick you rear end.
Gruyère.

edit: content.

Cable Guy has a new favorite as of 01:40 on Dec 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

ewiley posted:

Favorite new Christmas movie!

It's not a Christmas movie since it's themes have nothing to do with Christmas nor does Christmas factor into the plot.

You want to be edgy, say Eyes Wide Shut is your favorite Christmas movie.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Cable Guy posted:

Gruyère.

edit: content.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

MizPiz posted:

It's not a Christmas movie since it's themes have nothing to do with Christmas nor does Christmas factor into the plot.

You want to be edgy, say Eyes Wide Shut is your favorite Christmas movie.

The real underrated Christmas movie is Lethal Weapon.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

In Detroit, Muskrats are acceptable to eat on Fridays during Lent for the same reason. A few charities and civic groups still have fundraiser dinners.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Religion: Where everything's made up and the rules don't matter.

" Oh hey, rules say we cant have meat during this time.'

Oh poo poo, well, I'll just say these animals here are fish, and then we can ignore the first rule for the most part."

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Platystemon posted:

It’s an encyclopædia where everyone roleplays like English was never corrupted by the perfidious French.
Fair warning for anyone interested in looking this up, while this sounds like a fun thought experiment, it's actually full of Nazis.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/GangBonanno/status/1208041273027973120?s=19

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Imagine being so blessed as to be alive at the same time as such majesty.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

The only bad part about that story is that he got arrested

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Imagine getting arrested for stealing a PS4 when the 5s are right around the corner.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

central dogma posted:

Imagine getting arrested for stealing a PS4 when the 5s are right around the corner.

That picture is years old

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008

Interestingly, he'll be more harshly punished for this than if he just shoplifted it.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

bike tory posted:

That picture is years old

How could anyone know without an img_timeline post?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Johnny Aztec posted:

Religion: Where everything's made up and the rules don't matter.

" Oh hey, rules say we cant have meat during this time.'

Oh poo poo, well, I'll just say these animals here are fish, and then we can ignore the first rule for the most part."
This is one of those things that sounds weirder than what the literal reading is. Fasting at the time this became a practice was determined by the what I'm struggling to find words for but lets call disposition of the food. Classically called hot and cold, but more like interesting and boring. A good fast is of boring food. Fish are boring, but it sets the precedent water animals are boring so if a priest wanted to call these capybaras, beavers, and muskrats boring that's their prerogative as a bridge to God.

Similarly giving up Facebook seems like a far cry from walking through the desert, but fasting is personal and if you think not being able to post your favorite memes for a couple months gets you closer to Jesus, you do you.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Jesus appreciates it when you share memes with Him.

Print up the meme on paper & burn it in the thurible.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/LlamaInaTux/status/1113815065214377984

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

zedprime posted:

This is one of those things that sounds weirder than what the literal reading is. Fasting at the time this became a practice was determined by the what I'm struggling to find words for but lets call disposition of the food. Classically called hot and cold, but more like interesting and boring. A good fast is of boring food. Fish are boring, but it sets the precedent water animals are boring so if a priest wanted to call these capybaras, beavers, and muskrats boring that's their prerogative as a bridge to God.

Similarly giving up Facebook seems like a far cry from walking through the desert, but fasting is personal and if you think not being able to post your favorite memes for a couple months gets you closer to Jesus, you do you.

Still feels a bit "Rules-lawyer" to me, like how certain items are classified as X to get around various import taxes.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Wait why is fish meat not meat? They are already starting with a stupid premise

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Android Apocalypse posted:

Jesus appreciates it when you share memes with Him.

Print up the meme on paper & burn it in the thurible.

That's a thurible idea.

freeedr posted:

Wait why is fish meat not meat? They are already starting with a stupid premise

Because fish meat loving rocks.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Tortoises whales butterflies birds and fish it says on the loving sign, god

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

Still feels a bit "Rules-lawyer" to me, like how certain items are classified as X to get around various import taxes.

Anything classified as a truck has a huge import duty into the US (I think its 25%). So I heard that those new little Jeep Renegades are put together in Turkey, tested, them disassembled and sent by ship to somewhere on the east coast, imported as "parts" where they are then re-assembled to get around the duty.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

zedprime posted:

Fish are boring, but it sets the precedent water animals are boring so if a priest wanted to call these capybaras, beavers, and muskrats boring that's their prerogative as a bridge to God.

Any religion that says capybaras are boring is a religion I want nothing to do with!

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Ford Transit vans used to be (or perhaps still are?) kitted out with a full compliment of seats, imported as people movers, and then have the seats ripped out and destroyed to be sold as new freight vehicles. Drops that import tariff from 25% to 2.5%.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, they got caught shipping the windows and seats back to the origin point and forced to destroy them, and it's still cheaper to do that.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Capitalism is loving stupid

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

There are regular animals in the Peppa Pig universe. Her class has a pet tortoise, they visit farms in a few episodes, etc. In this^ episode there's also a running gag from the zookeepers, who are a lion and a crocodile that they want to eat Peppa's teacher, who is a gazelle. Just to remind you that they are still animals too I guess.

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 19:31 on Dec 21, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Crossover post courtesy of the cspam cop thread.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

:actually:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

was about to say...not this argument again.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Amy Poehler has some skill

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Some combination of :itwaspoo: and :pisstape:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Lakedaimon posted:

Anything classified as a truck has a huge import duty into the US (I think its 25%). So I heard that those new little Jeep Renegades are put together in Turkey, tested, them disassembled and sent by ship to somewhere on the east coast, imported as "parts" where they are then re-assembled to get around the duty.

Similarly --- anyone who's bought brand new Chuck Taylors, you know how the soles have that tiny bit of fuzz that wears off after the first time you wear them? That's put on there so they can call them "slippers", which have a far cheaper import/export tariff than shoes.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

They should just let Parks & Rec end, imo

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

What if stripper Leslie Knope squirted on the cop played by Louis CK?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

The Bloop posted:

:piss:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The Bloop posted:

The piss tape was poo?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It was actually ink. They squirt ink in self defense before swimming away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

What if stripper Leslie Knope squirted on the cop played by Louis CK?

no shipping