Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I just hopped back into this game after leaving shortly before they added Kuva Liches. I just spawned my first lich, and then cracked a Relic Mod out of a Relic.

Is there any particular strategy / good frame to use for farming Whispers? What am I even doing here. There are also ships now. Send help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

THEY HAVE SOWN THE SEED, AND THE VOID HAS BORNE FOR THEM THE FRUIT OF THEIR FAITH! GIVE UNTO THE VOID, FOR THE VOID BE THE WORD, AND THE WORD BE PROFIT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPqwXHc1hV0

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Is there any particular strategy / good frame to use for farming Whispers? What am I even doing here. There are also ships now. Send help

Strategy: Make sure you are a member of GOON or AKGOON and see if anyone else is doing thralls. Other people's liches might occupy different parts of the star chart, so you can learn most of your murmurs and have good guesses as to the correct parazon mods before encountering them too much.

Good Frames: Inaros is near indestructible if you just want survivability. For whispers, I prefer Saryn, who can corrosive-proc the dumb high level enemies into submission easily alone or in groups. Once your lich gets up to level 4 or 5, you might want to bring a frame to make murdering them easier. Khora can lock down liches, which is especially nicer at higher levels when they actually take a bit to take down. Mesa can also press 4 and delete liches. Mag can put a bubble around them and use a projectile weapon to the same effect.

Ships: Hell yeah hop in a railjack it's fun and good and you probably can't gently caress up too bad

Help: There's no going back now

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

If I want to do heavy attack nikana stuff, would I be better off making a Zaw, for that sweet 34% crit, or using Niakan Prime, for significantly higher base damage and a better base crit multiplier?

this is gonna take quite a few forma to fit the sacrificial mods in so I only wanna do this once

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Zaws can fit Exodias in. Exodia Brave in particular gives energy regen on heavy attacks. It's really, really nice.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Update: the wiki page for nikana zaw stats is outdated and they have competitive damage with non-zaw nikanas ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Zereth posted:

Update: the wiki page for nikana zaw stats is outdated and they have competitive damage with non-zaw nikanas ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They can do more with pure crit/heavy attacks (which certainly has its place), but Nikana Prime still has them whipped overall when you factor in status chance.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What happened to Fluctus? Was king of the AW weapons last I knew...

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

What happened to Fluctus? Was king of the AW weapons last I knew...
railjack requires engaging enemies at longer ranges who are maneuvering, a lot

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Railjack is fighting a bunch of angry hornets. Regular AW has been shooting at spaceborne cows in comparison

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Synthbuttrange posted:

Railjack is fighting a bunch of angry hornets. Regular AW has been shooting at spaceborne cows in comparison
Also the cows are usually stuck in incredibly narrow corridors so the real challenge is not having your shots obstructed by geometry (which the fluctus just ignores). Meanwhile railjack is 30x30km of mostly empty space

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

When you paint your railjack pink on the inside: :nws: https://www.oglaf.com/hartsline/ :nws:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Johnny Joestar posted:

it still blows my loving mind that de implemented this entire system. what even is warframe

In five years, they're going to drop the logo and reveal that warframe was the real star citizen all along.

Honestly though I really like the railjack stuff and the idea of a big open space field that gets increasingly smaller as you get more granular with it is really radical, from your big fuckoff ship, to your smaller space ship, to archwings, to invading ships personally. I hope they do more and more with it and it's probably the most sheer fun I've had with warframe since the first time I played it.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Upside of baro only having bane mods this time: I now have a sweet syandana :3:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

SSNeoman posted:

Only if you can keep up with the enemy, which is a big ask for most people. Also the Cyngas and even ImpVan have more range.

That's what got me. I tried ImpV and Larkspur and yeah, you can shoot from a mile away with ImpV but as soon as the AI movement engages you have to pray it decides to move in a straight line close to you long enough to kill. With universal blink keeping in range just wasn't an issue. :shrug:

Zereth posted:

If I want to do heavy attack nikana stuff, would I be better off making a Zaw, for that sweet 34% crit, or using Niakan Prime, for significantly higher base damage and a better base crit multiplier?

If you're going for heavy attack spam... a zaw might be better. There are better options than nikanas for that style so I haven't really bothered. If you just wanna run around mashing E and destroying everything, NikkiP all the way. If you've got a decent secondary for nulls/whatever then use your primary slot for Daikyu with the amalgam mod. Grats, you can now mash E to be invulnerable to anything but oneshots and kill the entire room while you're at it.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

If I'm at MR11 and have 500 ducats what should I be buying from Baro? I was going to buy the Supra but I can't buy it until MR14 so welp.

Also thank God I apparently don't have to get all three caches on Uranus's sabotage missions, just three total. I misunderstood at first, I thought I was never going to get Neptune Junction.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I'd say primed morphic transformer is neat because you might not have farmed the regular version, don't know when it'll come back and hoarder prices might go up if people want to get on the AW 2.0 train (also depends on how/if the big modular/rebalance patch incentivizes ability str).

But if you have the regular version, don't have enough endo/creds to sink into the primed or don't care about playing AW in railjack you'll probably be fine.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Dec 21, 2019

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Is there any particular strategy / good frame to use for farming Whispers? What am I even doing here.

As long as you can handle the increased enemy levels of thrall missions, not really any trick to it, no. Complete thrall missions, doing the mercy finisher on thralls along the way, to make the lich angry until he invades you. Then kill him, even if you have no idea what the right kill sequence is; a failure will make you eat one death, level your lich up for the next encounter, spawn a bunch of new thrall missions, and give you way more whispers than actually finishing thralls does. If you're lucky you'll also narrow the kill sequence down by blind guesses in the process.

You can also level the lich up by clearing all thrall nodes on a planet, if you really feel like doing thrall Interception or Hijack or whatever it hands you. I don't recommend it. Just eat his mans until you piss him off.

The first lich is the longest lich if you don't have a full set of Requiem mods. That honestly might take you about as long as actually grinding out the lich himself. Once you've got a set you're golden.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I admit I've been having quite a bit of fun squeezing some of the Gladiator set onto alot of my mainstay frames. I've been running that with a touch of status and Healing Return on weapons and it's been serving me well. It's hilarious to watch people once again return to charge attack builds like it's 2014. Melee just seems powerful enough now that even base attacks will tear through things without having to rely on that type of thing.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Melee is the only thing carrying me through level 5 lich and railjack stuff.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I rather like the changes to all of our old stuff recently, rail jack needs some balancing but its still surprisingly good.

We've got real good status weapons, crit is strong as hell, hybrid stuff is viable and in the case of a few weapons still quite strong. I'm rather amused that some mods got changed around to make heavy attack builds a thing, and then the Pennant gets added and it's whole gimmick is spamming heavy attacks. I remember sliding around doing charge attacks with galatine shortly after I began playing and thinking that was peak melee prowess.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
There's a lot of options and variety in melee builds now, and I love it.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

FunkyFjord posted:

I rather like the changes to all of our old stuff recently, rail jack needs some balancing but its still surprisingly good.

We've got real good status weapons, crit is strong as hell, hybrid stuff is viable and in the case of a few weapons still quite strong. I'm rather amused that some mods got changed around to make heavy attack builds a thing, and then the Pennant gets added and it's whole gimmick is spamming heavy attacks. I remember sliding around doing charge attacks with galatine shortly after I began playing and thinking that was peak melee prowess.

Mouse1 + w replaced by space + mouse3. Zero windup heavy attacks with splash damage.

I've been using the free Scindo Prime I got from Twitch Prime loot and the v-polarity stance's w+attack being a charge that does damage the entire way has been the only thing stopping me from spamming heavy ground slams endlessly.

I remember melee being mostly useless and wanting the dual Kama for melee because it had the best helicoptering range.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Also a decently-ranged critty zaw with a corrupt charge heavy attack spam build and exodia brave feels like absolute cheating. Like, I'm expecting it to get nerfed, because I may as well have infinite energy right now.

And infinite energy Ember is, well. You can probably imagine.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Where do you even get corrupt charge from?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Xun posted:

Where do you even get corrupt charge from?

Derelict vaults (and also market or clan chat)

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You're not supposed to stick Gladiator onto your weaponry.

You're supposed to stick it onto Deconstructor Prime.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

nikana zaws are a very sweet set up when paired with the daikyu bow which has an aug that gives all your nikana attacks %lifestrike (which, when your nikana heavy attacks are doing thousands of damage mean you basically heal to full each attack)

the exodia brave arcane that zaws can use also gives you generous energy regen for each enemy you kill with a heavy attack

its a very solid combo option for frames that are energy hungry and don't have channeled powers for way less than the cost of an arcane energize

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I Am Just a Box posted:

As long as you can handle the increased enemy levels of thrall missions, not really any trick to it, no. Complete thrall missions, doing the mercy finisher on thralls along the way, to make the lich angry until he invades you. Then kill him, even if you have no idea what the right kill sequence is; a failure will make you eat one death, level your lich up for the next encounter, spawn a bunch of new thrall missions, and give you way more whispers than actually finishing thralls does. If you're lucky you'll also narrow the kill sequence down by blind guesses in the process.

You can also level the lich up by clearing all thrall nodes on a planet, if you really feel like doing thrall Interception or Hijack or whatever it hands you. I don't recommend it. Just eat his mans until you piss him off.

The first lich is the longest lich if you don't have a full set of Requiem mods. That honestly might take you about as long as actually grinding out the lich himself. Once you've got a set you're golden.
Thank you, this is really good to know! For their weapon drop, it's just what they're wearing, right?

And mine has a Kraken :/

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I've still found no reason to use anything other than Velocitus in railjack. It just vaporizes everything. Maybe it's just my fire rate/element/damage riven making it viable?

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

Chocobo posted:

I've still found no reason to use anything other than Velocitus in railjack. It just vaporizes everything. Maybe it's just my fire rate/element/damage riven making it viable?

Unperson_47 posted:

Oh right, completely forgot they turn into 3 new damage type. That explains a lot.

Oh boy, I learned something today. Now I understand. I haven't done must voidjacking yet so maybe the status are more necessary instead of just raw damage.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Pikey posted:

Just a PSA, you can put chilling reload and a rank 4 burdened magazine mod on the exergis and still get 100% status. This gives you a 2 shot magazine with a 25% faster reload than stock. Better than the Tigris prime in my opinion, as the exergis has infinite punch through on bodies by default.

The result is...satisfying

Why use burdened magazine instead of ammo stock? Ammo stock will give you a 2 shot magazine with no downsides.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Mailer posted:

you can shoot from a mile away with ImpV but as soon as the AI movement engages you have to pray it decides to move in a straight line close to you long enough to kill.

If you're having trouble shooting stuff in space that means you're not using Amesha 3, which would be weird because Amesha 3 is the only reason to even be in AW in the first place.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Vargs posted:

Why use burdened magazine instead of ammo stock? Ammo stock will give you a 2 shot magazine with no downsides.

Ammo Stock is also 4 points cheaper!

E:
Also, on the topic of Amesha: the energy restore from your 4 triggers not just on getting shot, but collision damage from smacking into rocks or whatever as well. Handy if you don't feel like inhaling pizzas or getting shot to keep your 3 going.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 21, 2019

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Lol

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

love the payday 2 version of this

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Shy with the retrospective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_JHw894OV4

forgot about RAM RANCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Thank you, this is really good to know! For their weapon drop, it's just what they're wearing, right?

And mine has a Kraken :/

Yup, it's just the weapon you see on them in the lich status screen.