Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

MonstrousMouse posted:

https://imgur.com/DXtBSEP

When does this happen? I did a high-PSY playthrough, investing in those exact skills, but I still managed to miss it somehow.

At the very end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think the dialog at the very end changes based on a lot of things. i read some people say it is different if you arrested klaasje/let her escape, let ruby kill herself/let her go, how many people died in the shootout, if joyce folded on the strike or not, etc. i think the "best" dialog requires you to not drink or do any drugs

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Failing the karaoke check is amazing.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I drank very moderately (like for bonuses in one or two checks) and I still got called actively drunk at the end. Excuse me but I am being extremely functional right now.

What ends up happening to Ruby if you talk her down from killing herself? Do you still get her gun? Does she show up again later?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I had one drink and did speed before the tribunal and got called out for it all. Like drat Kim that dose of speed and not having the jitters saved you and you narc on me?

edit: You have to let her go to talk her down, you don't get her gun she just makes a run for it.

Ixtlilton fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 21, 2019

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Talorat posted:

I drank very moderately (like for bonuses in one or two checks) and I still got called actively drunk at the end. Excuse me but I am being extremely functional right now.

What ends up happening to Ruby if you talk her down from killing herself? Do you still get her gun? Does she show up again later?

she bails and doesnt show up again. then at the end the angry french guy yells at you for letting a suspect who is also a drug smugger go

Utritum
May 2, 2009
College Slice

Shear Modulus posted:

she bails and doesnt show up again. then at the end the angry french guy yells at you for letting a suspect who is also a drug smugger go

Kim told me he would have done the same had he been in my shoes. He is the best cop, so his opinon is the only one that matters.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
It's not good to obsess about sexuality, but I had no idea Kim is part of the Homo-Sexual Underground! :eek:

Caufman
May 7, 2007
So he says, but I see that didn't stop him from being compromised by the blonde in the skin tight bodysuit.

I don't like it when Kim and Volition fight. It's like when mom and dad fight.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

At several points, Kim asked me why I was doing speed/hallucinogens, and I answered it was to keep myself at peak performance for the case, and not just for funsies, which he seemed to buy. He then defended me from the other detectives and said I was sober, even though I don't think I was. But I also might have been my most desperate and inebriated while Kim was gone on two occasions, so who can say for sure?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Frankly, I still don't get why Revacholian Nationhood is such a fail and discouraged option. Bundled up with all the wömen options. Why? I couldnt bring myself to race theory and reloaded a bunch of times until defeated measurehead in combat but revachol forces you into hatefully hurt Kim, which is I don't know? I simply cannot find a good explanation

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Nationalism is very closely related to racial supremacy and other forms of bigotry. They all boil down to “me and people like me first, we are the best.” Ethnicity is intrinsically linked to national identity for some people. Far right parties like to have names like “National Front” and slogans like “England for the English” etc. Tbh I find it hard to imagine somebody strongly nationalist who isn’t at least a bit racist.

Disclaimer: please note being patriotic or proud of your country isn’t the same thing as nationalism, im not saying you’re a racist if you like your country

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 21, 2019

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Wafflecopper posted:

Disclaimer: please note being patriotic or proud of your country isn’t the same thing as nationalism, im not saying you’re a racist if you like your country

moralist spotted!

Caufman
May 7, 2007
The encounter between Kim and the lorry driver best express two different views of what's best for the nation. The lorry driver's nationalism has an ethnic, pigment-based sense of the nation, whereas Kim is more interested in political autonomy from extra-national actors. Both take pride in something larger than them, but one is from a sense of liberty and the other from inadequacy.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Looking at the Disco Elysium category on youtube led me to a fun corner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnmUCh7WkJM

Gamers are beyond parody

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Note that you can mix and match options with the four political views. In my first run I was somehow both a Moralist and a Communist and Kim made a comment about not being sure how I managed to be both. I'm interested in like, what gets said if you try to be both a Nationalist and a Communist, but the other mixes too, sure, why not.

I also kinda want to see someone run Sorry Cop with Fascist. Discriminating against everyone, but... feels really bad about it.

What pisses me off is there's no distinction for Moralist (Because you take a center, compromise position, or the status quo position) and Moralist (Because you say "can't deal with this poo poo right now.") I agree that they're essentially the same thing, but they routinely get different prompts, so it's a little weird to me that nothing ever calls out the distinction between the two, or even simply calls them out as the same.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Any neutral position makes you a spineless Centrist and if you can't deal with pressing issues right there and then you have no moral fiber. Maybe some time in the gulags would help with that?

Caufman
May 7, 2007
First run, Kim said I was a communist and an ultraliberal. That's because every day I was hustling for the working man. And also to pay my god drat hotel bill.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
I think it's a little weird that you've supposedly forgot EVERYTHING about the world you live in, but you've got to have opinions about politics or otherwise you're a MORALIST COWARD. I'm like, I don't even know what the gently caress's money and my tie's talking to me, leave me alone with the politics for 48h for gently caress's sake.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think it's a valid read that our boi's memory thing is 95 percent bullshit. It'd be a combination of performance art, a new interrogation style, an excuse to go around saying "but what is money, maaaan" and such, and maybe possibly a way to get out of last night's bar tab. There has to be some genuine amnesia in there to explain certain bits of internal monologue, but it's pretty in-character and the game leaves room for this interpretation.

So when he says, "I don't know what's going on but immigration sure sounds scary and dangerous!!!" or "I'm not too clear on the whole money thing but one thing I do know is that the kulaks must be slaughtered this instant," it's just Officer Raphael Ambrosius Costeau trying to be cute and clever. That, or communism is a priori correct and no additional knowledge is needed to understand that capitalism is theft.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Ixtlilton posted:

I had one drink and did speed before the tribunal and got called out for it all.

Yeah I had one drink the entire playthrough (just to do that "have a drink" sidequest) and got labelled a no good drunk for the rest of the game. That was lame.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Frankston posted:

I had one drink the entire playthrough (just to do that "have a drink" sidequest)

Sounds like addictive behaviour to me; I think you might have a questing problem.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

Sounds like addictive behaviour to me; I think you might have a questing problem.

well the game does use this as part of the game-mechanics-as-the-character's-psyche part of the narration. how there is an option when examing the stained glass window to "accept a quest" to give her a figurine while the logical skills tell you this is completely nonsensical but it shows up in your journal as a thing to do. it is clear to the player though that this is harry obsessing over ways he could maybe win back his wife (and refusing to come to terms with it being impossible) and placing "win her back with a gift she doesnt want" on the same priority as "investigate this murder"

Utritum
May 2, 2009
College Slice

Frankston posted:

Yeah I had one drink the entire playthrough (just to do that "have a drink" sidequest) and got labelled a no good drunk for the rest of the game. That was lame.

Interestingly enough, I drank twice early on, but my game managed to go on to Day 9, and in the end Kim defended me and said I had been sober for an entire week. Which was true, as I had my second drink on Day 2. (He did, however, call me out on using pyrholidon, which, I did do openly and repeatedly.)

I had, however, also internalized the sobriety thought by that point, which I think played a role in the assessment.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I assume Kim said I was completely sober because I only licked the drink off the counter a little bit

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Now I kinda wonder, if Kim recognizes it if you stay sober during the day, but go full disco once he's off to bed.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also Kim has a point that maybe it would be better if Revachol was not being looted by a victorious international alliance for the last 40 years. "Revachol should have some say in its own governance, or at least should actually have a government." is not crazy at all.

But that's really not what the Nationalism thought is about.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Dammit, I think i got stuck with a bug- after completing the field autopsy and Kim leaves with the body, I've got a blank dialogue window open that won't close, and the character is looking around with the mouse but won't move.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Still halfway through my own playthrough. I was seriously intending to arrest Klaasje ... until I talked to the "Sunday friend"

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sekenr posted:

Frankly, I still don't get why Revacholian Nationhood is such a fail and discouraged option. Bundled up with all the wömen options. Why? I couldnt bring myself to race theory and reloaded a bunch of times until defeated measurehead in combat but revachol forces you into hatefully hurt Kim, which is I don't know? I simply cannot find a good explanation

It's so theres no easy way out. I chose a lot of the non racist nationalism options and got called a racist by Kim at the end (although that could be due to internalizing race theory before I understood how thought cabinet worked)

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

mastershakeman posted:

It's so theres no easy way out. I chose a lot of the non racist nationalism options and got called a racist by Kim at the end (although that could be due to internalizing race theory before I understood how thought cabinet worked)

There's a few places where you can fail a check and Harry will blurt out something horribly racist. Lots of people have commented on the worst one, but there's a few places where you'll drop this game's made up slurs if you gently caress up.

EDIT:

What I'm saying is, maybe old Harry was a horrible, fascist racist. Maybe the cure for Fascism is complete ego destruction through a concentrated regimen of speed, booze and mescaline.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Utritum posted:

Interestingly enough, I drank twice early on, but my game managed to go on to Day 9, and in the end Kim defended me and said I had been sober for an entire week. Which was true, as I had my second drink on Day 2. (He did, however, call me out on using pyrholidon, which, I did do openly and repeatedly.)

I had, however, also internalized the sobriety thought by that point, which I think played a role in the assessment.

I think it's internalizing that thought that matters. I used booze a few times early on, some ciggies, and a drug once, but Kim said I wasn't drinking.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

I just noticed, that if you roll up the most average officer with 3 in all stats the Regular Law Official thought becomes purely negative. I wonder if that was intended.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Have they released the OST yet? Or plans for the next patch?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Qwertycoatl posted:

I assume Kim said I was completely sober because I only licked the drink off the counter a little bit

cops can have little a counter alcohol.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

As a treat

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

OK, that ending was quite surprising.

Now I have to decide if I want to run this again, just with less deaths. Or if I want to do a real failcop run.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Dammit, I think i got stuck with a bug- after completing the field autopsy and Kim leaves with the body, I've got a blank dialogue window open that won't close, and the character is looking around with the mouse but won't move.

Game seems buggy, yeah, I get stuck in places and have to reload and it usually resets. But if you get stuck at the end of a conversation or cutscene you can't save... so you have to force-quit and lose some progress.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I think changing the resolution or text size fixes that bug, something to do with the option to exit not appearing correctly

I ran into way fewer bugs than I thought I would fwiw, the only times I ever had to resort to a previous save were times I redid a roll to not disappoint Kim and to see both karaoke options

Turns out if you assume Kim knows a lot about pinball because he talks very knowingly about it, that's not what your character assumes lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

wish our world was as cool as elysium