Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Gologle posted:

I just saw the most lowkey horrifying thing. A guy with NP5 Waver and MLB'd CEs...where before this banner his Waver was only NP1.

Do you know if he at least got Ereshkigal in the end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gologle posted:

I just saw the most lowkey horrifying thing. A guy with NP5 Waver and MLB'd CEs...where before this banner his Waver was only NP1.

I got an NP3 Waver spook rolling for Eresh.

I mean...at least it's a Servant you're gonna use all the time.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Ytlaya posted:

Do you know if he at least got Ereshkigal in the end?

NP2.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Man, this Christmas event is making me regret not pulling for Eresh

510rems
Mar 26, 2010
I wasn't planning on going hard on this banner at all with Hokusai coming up and the spike tax on all of Eresh's skills- but I did a 10 roll randomly and ended up with a copy of her. Will NP1 be sufficient if I ever plan on using her? Or should I at least try to level up her NP while her banner is available?

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

Is Hokusai a new years' banner character or is she another event after this one?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
She's a New Year's banner character and there's kind of a short story-trial quest involving her.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hokusai is NY.

You don't need more than NP1 of any non-welfare Gold Servant to perform well. NP2+ golds is strictly the province of whales, love and/or giant lucksacks.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
This Christmas ending was very touching. Well, time to grind for sand until I feel nothing.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Pureauthor posted:

Hokusai is NY.

You don't need more than NP1 of any non-welfare Gold Servant to perform well. NP2+ golds is strictly the province of whales, love and/or giant lucksacks.

No Servant needs NP2+, but there are cases where it definitely makes a huge difference in power and/or utility. Typically nukes or Servants that intend to spam their NP a lot. Gilgamesh, Archuria, Rider Mordred, Dantes (post-Skadi),Vlad III...

Never to the point where I would roll specifically for a copy. Unless I liked the character to begin with.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
So we finally save Ereshkigal so she can go help us in the Final Singularity a year ago and also gave Ishtar the idea for last Summer's event. Merry Christmas!

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

NP2+ is only really useful for extreme farming or to get thru a some of the more difficult challenge quests easier. The added damage is nice, but unless you really like that servant (or rich), I wouldn't burn IRL money for a stat boost.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Did I miss something? When is Altera the San(ta) joining officially? I don't have the ticket. 5th/6th lotto box?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Omobono posted:

Did I miss something? When is Altera the San(ta) joining officially? I don't have the ticket. 5th/6th lotto box?

Yes, you need 5 boxes to get the War God ticket. (Technically less if you hit the jackpot early but... well.)

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Omobono posted:

Yeah you gotta win the ticket from the fifth lotto box.

e;fb

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Thanks, I just rolled the 4th lotto right now.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Just got done with box 15.

Praise the setup.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I got incredibly lucky last night. Finished the event and spent the ticket on the banner. A Silver lancer card flashed gold into NP4 Minidusa. I had 10 quartz and said gently caress it. Two pulls later, a Silver lancer card flashed gold. And Eresh came home. Couldn't be happier.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

You'd think that with all the festive Christmas trees in the stages, it would count as a forest and activate Jaguar Warrior's conditional skill part, but no...

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Terper posted:

Just got done with box 15.

Praise the setup.

gently caress everyone with an MLB Kscope and mostly gently caress this lotto.

Why the heck did they make it so hard. :negative:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Trihugger posted:

So we finally save Ereshkigal so she can go help us in the Final Singularity a year ago and also gave Ishtar the idea for last Summer's event. Merry Christmas!

I love that she got the idea for the giant ATM machine from us, from us seeing her do it in our past.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

been running this v standard team on salter for a mostly 3t. since it's crit based i can need to s stall out a turn on w2 or w3 for better draws. i've very much learned that holding off on my Merlin's second skill was a mistake because drat active stargen is important here.

Dana Scully
Dec 25, 2010

hey scully, wanna break into the dean's office?

Been doing okay with this for 3/4t. Would love some CE drops though.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I've been using Arash, Chloe and Sunta with double Waver and it's great. Only a little bit of rng as my black grail isn't maxed so sometimes Salter doesn't die and can take a 4th turn.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Why the heck did they make it so hard. :negative:

I don't have one!

But I do have friends with 'em, and coincidentally some NP3+ Zerkerlots.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Mason Dixon posted:

You'd think that with all the festive Christmas trees in the stages, it would count as a forest and activate Jaguar Warrior's conditional skill part, but no...

I think the idea is that a cave with trees in it is still technically a cave. I was surprised myself when it didn't active though.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Why the heck did they make it so hard.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I can actually 3 turn the Saber node too, but only with a 4 slot setup, and it still sucks. For today I'm probably going to clear the snowman mat and do the lottery the rest of the days. Really wish they had given us the nerfed HP values of the rerun.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
400k HP Salter is a bit much, yeah

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
And the story literally only gives one single Sand, too. There's been plenty of lotto events lately so I don't really feel like grinding it all-out, but I still have to go at it for a while if I want to get Altera Santa.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the difficulty is 100% a "this is Babylonia locked, we can/should make it harder" thing. but obviously they overcompensated and had to rein it in for the rerun. even samba xmas is easier despite requiring LB1 completion.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Yeah I only bothered to clear 6 boxes and am now just focusing on getting caster mats for waver, the nodes in this event are juuuuuust enough of a pain for me to not bother beyond the basic level.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Here's what I've been using. It's not perfect. I have to get 10 NP charge from attacks on one Ishtar and I have to rely on crits to do enough damage to Salter. Support Ishtar can be a plain lvl 90 NP1 since so much damage comes from crits. It 3t clears a bit more than 50% of the time and 4-6t clears the rest of the time.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

depending on how my qp goes i might end up farming tomoe over salter because i can 4slot it versus the kuro/santera setup

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.
I found the Xmas challenge quest to be fairly easy. Musashi supported by Waver and Merlin was able to take out Lancer Artoria in 3 rounds, after which Rider Kintoki took out Merlin.

I'm glad that vehicular homicide is legal in FGO.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Aurora posted:

depending on how my qp goes i might end up farming tomoe over salter because i can 4slot it versus the kuro/santera setup

The salter node is better than the others to the point where it's more efficient even if you have to 4-or-5 turn it.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Player: That spear's pretty boss by the way.
Eresh: I know right? :D

:allears: I love this game sometimes.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

When do we get the Altera the Santa tickets? I've cleared everything so far aside from the high-level challenge quest.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Clear 5 lotto boxes

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Wow the GSSR pools are pretty huge again for New Years. Knights + Ruler and Avenger or Cavalry + Foreigner and Alter Ego. I’ll roll in it because I have some paid quartz saved, but I have fairly low expectations for getting a servant I really want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum